Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 296
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If a BB is dodging 5/6 of your torps, you're firing them way too soon.

Also, against a BB, you have to make ALL your torps count, or you're toast. Their secondaries will eat you aliveat close range.

I've been having fun in the Isokaze, but I'm looking forward to moving on to the Minekaze as well.

The Clemson is a turd. It's only saving grace is that it has two sets of torps on each side, giving you one hell of a benefit in a close-in fight with multiple attackers. The one fun moment I've had so far is driving right down the middle of three enemy DDs in the center of a cap. They all launched at me, and I held fire while dodging torpedoes. They managed to sink on of their own, then I took care of the other two at virtually the same time; two groups from each side. I popped smoke, poured on the coals, and got the hell out of there :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am 6-13 since the restart. DDs are completely broken. I am about done if things don't get better and quick

Yep, it's been very difficult playing DDs in the low tiers. What bums me is that recently I watched a documentary on the Fletcher class destroyer. One of the guys on a gun crew on a Fletcher was saying what their rate of fire was. It was quite a bit higher than in the game.

IJN DDs are very difficult to play in the lower tiers, because the guns turn so. fucking....... s l   o    w      l       y   you can't react quickly in a bad situation.  I've gotten my ass shot off several times because I was able to sneak up on a BB, drop torps only to have 5 out of 6 of them dodged, then when I turn tail and run, I can't get my guns around to do anything.

I know the low tier shit is weak, so I'm hoping that once I'm back up to the Minekaze, it'll be similar to previous gameplay. I do have a Gremyashchy, but I haven't played it much so far.

Also, against a BB, you have to make ALL your torps count, or you're toast. Their secondaries will eat you aliveat close range.

I've been having fun in the Isokaze, but I'm looking forward to moving on to the Minekaze as well.

The Clemson is a turd. It's only saving grace is that it has two sets of torps on each side, giving you one hell of a benefit in a close-in fight with multiple attackers. The one fun moment I've had so far is driving right down the middle of three enemy DDs in the center of a cap. They all launched at me, and I held fire while dodging torpedoes. They managed to sink on of their own, then I took care of the other two at virtually the same time; two groups from each side. I popped smoke, poured on the coals, and got the hell out of there :)

I was at, IIRC 2.3km, not directly to his broadside, so TBH, he didn't have to turn TOO much. I launched them on wide spread... should have switched to narrow. I generally find torps are pretty damn easy to dodge if you don't have your head up your ass with target fixation.

I tore up an enemy DD the other night in one of my DDs... got in close before I detected him, ran straight at him, making it stupid easy to dodge his torps while my forward guns finished him off. He was already damaged when I engaged, but it's a good tactic to either turn directly into or away from a DD if you're within his torpedo range.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Seriously? the Gremy is great? I think it's badly flawed for a premium ship. The torpedo reload time is insanely long and it seems like every hit on the stern of the ship knocks out propulsion or steering. I find it very frustrating to play.

M256
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am 6-13 since the restart. DDs are completely broken. I am about done if things don't get better and quick

So far I'm not having any issues with DDs.  Gremy is still great, Sampson is smashing faces so far, and I'm about to get the Umikaze.  

I'm 7-2 overall at the moment....

Seriously? the Gremy is great? I think it's badly flawed for a premium ship. The torpedo reload time is insanely long and it seems like every hit on the stern of the ship knocks out propulsion or steering. I find it very frustrating to play.

M256

I was averaging almost 2600xp a match in the Gremy before the patch.  Obviously that will come down due to the economy/xp going to their historical norms, but I still have been doing well with it (the guns are fantastic, the torps are good, the ship itself is very good).

Some people can't play it to it's potential.  I think it's a clubber, personally.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just unlocked the 10k torps on the Minekaze last night but did not have a chance to test them out yet. DDs require skill to play well in general.  I induced rage on the last match on my Isokaze before selling it by sinking 3 full health cruisers in a row while hiding behind the same island with torp spreads.  If you had the stand off playstyle for the IJN DDs you should be fine, USN DDs took it in the ass hard on this patch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it's been very difficult playing DDs in the low tiers. What bums me is that recently I watched a documentary on the Fletcher class destroyer. One of the guys on a gun crew on a Fletcher was saying what their rate of fire was. It was quite a bit higher than in the game.

IJN DDs are very difficult to play in the lower tiers, because the guns turn so. fucking....... s l   o    w      l       y   you can't react quickly in a bad situation.  I've gotten my ass shot off several times because I was able to sneak up on a BB, drop torps only to have 5 out of 6 of them dodged, then when I turn tail and run, I can't get my guns around to do anything.

I know the low tier shit is weak, so I'm hoping that once I'm back up to the Minekaze, it'll be similar to previous gameplay. I do have a Gremyashchy, but I haven't played it much so far.

Just unlocked the 10k torps on the Minekaze last night but did not have a chance to test them out yet. DDs require skill to play well in general.  I induced rage on the last match on my Isokaze before selling it by sinking 3 full health cruisers in a row while hiding behind the same island with torp spreads.  If you had the stand off playstyle for the IJN DDs you should be fine, USN DDs took it in the ass hard on this patch

The 7.0km torps are better due to their speed and lower range detection.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know how long the open beta will last before the game actually launches?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]

I was a master with the 10KM torps and had a 50% win rate on that ship,  I was going to move back to the 7KM torps when I unlocked the skill that reduced detection but never made it that far with the Minekaze.  The 15k and 20k torps are all sorts of fun too on the higher tier DDs, if you can get around to where there are a bunch of ships headed in the same direction from 12KM out and let a salvo go you could fuck a few of them up at a time
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was a master with the 10KM torps and had a 50% win rate on that ship,  I was going to move back to the 7KM torps when I unlocked the skill that reduced detection but never made it that far with the Minekaze.  The 15k and 20k torps are all sorts of fun too on the higher tier DDs, if you can get around to where there are a bunch of ships headed in the same direction from 12KM out and let a salvo go you could fuck a few of them up at a time
View Quote

I was a 66% winner with the 7km torps in the Minekaze.  I used to ambush the hell out of a ship and drop 6 torps in their side.  Usually that was enough.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone know how long the open beta will last before the game actually launches?
View Quote

I'm thinking that this weekend with be OBT....
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#8]
You people posting these 5000+ point games.  Is this due to the buffed XP from being a subscriber?  Because even in my good games (which are few) I'm not getting close to that.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You people posting these 5000+ point games.  Is this due to the buffed XP from being a subscriber?  Because even in my good games (which are few) I'm not getting close to that.  
View Quote

Might be using the signal flags modifiers, too. But a Premium account is also probable.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Might be using the signal flags modifiers, too. But a Premium account is also probable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atago fight whole team went to cap and I fought the entire enemy team with support of one atago

I'm just a wargaming god

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

IIRC, they said they want the Russian, German, and (maybe) British lines done before the game launches, so maybe end of summer at the earliest?

Quoted:

Almost always, which is why the main score screen doesn't mean much.

I prefer the second screen that shows (everyone's) actual scores, and the third screen shows a breakdown of damage done.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

IIRC, they said they want the Russian, German, and (maybe) British lines done before the game launches, so maybe end of summer at the earliest?

I prefer the second screen that shows (everyone's) actual scores, and the third screen shows a breakdown of damage done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/nulNwPz.jpg

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet, I can't wait to use the German ships.

I also plan to dub my Cleveland the U.S.S Sealclubber once the OBT starts.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Lots of fun in the Kuma tonight.   Just about as good a rate of fire as the St. Louis.  You can pretty much bring a solid rain of HE down on anything in range.  Surprisingly tough ship too.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:55:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember, World of Tanks is still techincally in open Beta... so an actual launch date? God knows.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Remember, World of Tanks is still techincally in open Beta... so an actual launch date? God knows.  

View Quote

Cite, please?

i distinctly remember pre-ordering at the end of open beta for WoT. I still have the Pz V/IV I bought.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I would really like to play with some people, playing by myself gets a little lonely.
I don't suck most of the time!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:41:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone else unable to log into the game today? I get "Unable to access server" kicks every time after today's micro-patch. Which is odd, because I got the patch fine...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone else unable to log into the game today? I get "Unable to access server" kicks every time after today's micro-patch. Which is odd, because I got the patch fine...
View Quote

I was playing fine 20 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:12:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess it's just me or something. Which is normal enough

ETA: apparently it's not just me. Saw a topic about it on the WOWS forum, someone else mentioned the exact same error code.
Ticket's in to Support, we'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#22]
SO.,,,Aslain finally gets new mod done, download, play two games--there is a patch this morning, mod doesn't work,,,,

And, how do you get the Atlanta?  Or is it too late?

And is the Warspite any good?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
SO.,,,Aslain finally gets new mod done, download, play two games--there is a patch this morning, mod doesn't work,,,,

View Quote

They have the new modpack up on this website (updated 30 June 2015).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is temporarily removed from the tech tree.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#25]
How do you get an attack plane instead of a scout plane
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

BBs can't until tier 7or 8.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ter 6 BB can not into
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I see they upped the price of the main gun accuracy mod for battleships to 3 million credits.

I never really noticed much difference with it on or not on during CBT.  Is that shit really worth 3 million?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I see they upped the price of the main gun accuracy mod for battleships to 3 million credits.

I never really noticed much difference with it on or not on during CBT.  Is that shit really worth 3 million?
View Quote

Yes, absolutely - especially for the US BBs (they have worse accuracy).

Using that mod, landing citadel hits becomes routine at any range.

You can make a case for the mod boosting secondaries on IJN BBs, but it seemed to me that the tier 9 and 10 BBs' secondaries were only a little better than the US counterparts and no where near as good as the Amagi (tier 8).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You can make a case for the mod boosting secondaries on IJN BBs, but it seemed to me that the tier 9 and 10 BBs' secondaries were only a little better than the US counterparts and no where near as good as the Amagi (tier 8).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would make sense that the country whose BB's had superior FCS(by a LONG shot) would have shittier accuracy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It would make sense that the country whose BB's had superior FCS(by a LONG shot) would have shittier accuracy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and shitty damage control but russia am i right?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Blackhawk-

Some positive feedback (still feel a little guilty of how much bitching I did during CBT).

- I really like the improved torpedo warning that is both visual and audible with the voice over.  
- I would love to see that make its way to obstacle and friendly ship avoidance as well.  "Allied ship of our port bow" or "Iceberg, dead ahead!"
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I am up to a balmy 50% win rate....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#34]
The Omaha makes me sad.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yes Warspite is good, couple things to remember though.
Top Speed SUCKS... 23.8 kts  This is my main gripe with it
Turrets are slow at 72 second 180 degree rotation, get the mods for turret rotation, and work around it, it's really not that big of a deal, just putting it out there
Lot of good points to it though, the guns are accurate and hit hard, Citadel hits are easy to achieve and it seems to be easier to predict target lead than with the USN/IJN BBs, it's very maneuverable for a BB, and it has good AA cover so you can thin out torp launching plane formations and avoid the leftovers.  I've played quite a few games in it and haven't been hit by a torp yet, which I can't say about any of my other BBs.
You'll hear complaints about the main gun range (16.5 km) but I've found the Warspite to be more accurate with less dispersion at it's max range compared to the Fuso at the same range.  The guns are leagues better than any of the American BB guns up to tier 6 (haven't gotten any further than that)
Plus, it's a damn cash register, a mediocre loss will net you 200K in creds, I've had 400K wins before.

As far as the Atlanta, they pulled it for some odd wargaming reason, same with the Atago...  I got the Atago before they pulled it, and that's also a pretty cool ship.  I have been told, by a reliable source, that the Atlanta will be back though, so don't fret.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am up to a balmy 50% win rate....
View Quote

60% here so far, and climbing.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Turrets are slow at 72 second 180 degree rotation, get the mods for turret rotation, and work around it, it's really not that big of a deal, just putting it out there

Lot of good points to it though, the guns are accurate and hit hard, Citadel hits are easy to achieve and it seems to be easier to predict target lead than with the USN/IJN BBs, it's very maneuverable for a BB, and it has good AA cover so you can thin out torp launching plane formations and avoid the leftovers.  I've played quite a few games in it and haven't been hit by a torp yet, which I can't say about any of my other BBs.

You'll hear complaints about the main gun range (16.5 km) but I've found the Warspite to be more accurate with less dispersion at it's max range compared to the Fuso at the same range.  The guns are leagues better than any of the American BB guns up to tier 6 (haven't gotten any further than that)

Plus, it's a damn cash register, a mediocre loss will net you 200K in creds, I've had 400K wins before.

As far as the Atlanta, they pulled it for some odd wargaming reason, same with the Atago...  I got the Atago before they pulled it, and that's also a pretty cool ship.  I have been told, by a reliable source, that the Atlanta will be back though, so don't fret.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They only pulled those ships due to the MM screwing tier 5's royally....

It'll be back in a few weeks at most.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok so I'm in my Atlanta and I see some planes come over, I had yet to face a carrier in it. This is when I notice for the first time that I no longer have the AA ability?
My aa guns didn't do a damn thing against the enemy planes and they went right by me and took out our carrier.

I'm pretty pissed off about it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ok so I'm in my Atlanta and I see some planes come over, I had yet to face a carrier in it. This is when I notice for the first time that I no longer have the AA ability?
My aa guns didn't do a damn thing against the enemy planes and they went right by me and took out our carrier.

View Quote

your AA guns probably got knocked out
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No the match had just started, I had not taken a hit at all.

I can show where I can equip the two different kinds in the port along with the sonar ping.
Maybe it just wasn't showing up for some reason, I did have the AA ability equipped and not the sonar ping.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:23:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Omaha makes me sad.
View Quote

What's wrong? I liked it best with the second hull, not the final one (final one gains a lot of AA but gives up a couple main guns and a set of torp tubes on each side, and doesn't gain any speed or maneuverability to compensate).

Only downside to that version is, it shows 10x 1.1" AA batteries, but the stats only mention 8 of them. Be really nice to have those last 2 (atop the fore gun sponsons) figured into the stats as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Tonights games...

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What's wrong? I liked it best with the second hull, not the final one (final one gains a lot of AA but gives up a couple main guns and a set of torp tubes on each side, and doesn't gain any speed or maneuverability to compensate).

Only downside to that version is, it shows 10x 1.1" AA batteries, but the stats only mention 8 of them. Be really nice to have those last 2 (atop the fore gun sponsons) figured into the stats as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Omaha makes me sad.

The turrrets on it anger me and it's right before my favortie ship.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Omaha makes me sad.

That's why I hate it.
35K experience to go, and I'm burning all the free XP I can get from my Warspite and Yubari,  This will not take long.  
I WANT MY CLEVELAND BACK!  It and the St. Louie are the only ships I've played so far that have made me say "Yep, I have to keep that."

After that, it's on to American BBs, I will have a Montana before summer is over.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#45]

I hear that. 1 draw (vs. Journey and co in my first battle) , then 1 win where we won 920 to 901 in encounter (I guess highest points at the end wins now even if all ships aren't killed??) and then 3 straight losses.   All 3 losses weren't even close.  Guys getting killed in less than 2 minutes, teams that think "splitting up" at the beginning is a good idea, or that focusing fire means shoot at the HIGHEST HP target that is the FARTHEST away from your ship, vs. taking out the 5% HP St. Louis at point blank range that is burning your ship to the ground.

Even with 87 hits I still lost

Down to 53% WR now, was at 57% 2 days ago...definitely a factor of playing solo vs. in a division.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I hear that. 1 draw (vs. Journey and co in my first battle) , then 1 win where we won 920 to 901 in encounter (I guess highest points at the end wins now even if all ships aren't killed??) and then 3 straight losses.   All 3 losses weren't even close.  Guys getting killed in less than 2 minutes, teams that think "splitting up" at the beginning is a good idea, or that focusing fire means shoot at the HIGHEST HP target that is the FARTHEST away from your ship, vs. taking out the 5% HP St. Louis at point blank range that is burning your ship to the ground.

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.06.30_23.19.40-0601_zpslatnt2fg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.06.30_23.19.40-0601_zpslatnt2fg.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.06.30_23.41.02-0650_zpsjzcchegf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.06.30_23.41.02-0650_zpsjzcchegf.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.07.01_00.15.30-0081_zpscuik7mxr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.07.01_00.15.30-0081_zpscuik7mxr.jpg</a>

Down to 53% WR now, was at 57% 2 days ago...definitely a factor of playing solo vs. in a division.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.06.30_23.19.40-0601_zpslatnt2fg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.06.30_23.19.40-0601_zpslatnt2fg.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.06.30_23.41.02-0650_zpsjzcchegf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.06.30_23.41.02-0650_zpsjzcchegf.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s221.photobucket.com/user/jblomenberg16/media/WOWs/shot-15.07.01_00.15.30-0081_zpscuik7mxr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOWs/shot-15.07.01_00.15.30-0081_zpscuik7mxr.jpg</a>

Are you using AP or HE primarily in the St Louis?  I engaged two Tenryus using AP and had 9 citadel hits between them in like 20 seconds.  They melted like butter.  Then on to another St Louis, and citadeled him 3 more times and took him down, then finally got killed by another St Louis, but not before I had him down to 7k hp with 4 more citadels.  In literally 180 seconds of battle, I had three kills, plus one more than fell a couple seconds later, and was dead for the next 13 minutes as the team won.  I was still second in XP, and I guarantee I was first or second in damage.

The Omaha and Murmansk are similar at their tier for getting citadel hits.  If you can aim, you can wreck shop (especially with the Murmansk and it's 14.8km guns).

Had my first draw tonight when the Aoba on the cap drove off with 2.5 minutes remaining in the game, and he had already gotten cap up to slightly over halfway when he decided it would be a good idea to chase the last remaining opfor CV.

I really hate stupid motherfuckers in this game.  It hurts far worse than in WoT.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#47]
I fucked up and dismissed my most seasoned captain last night when I sold a ship. Fuck.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Are you using AP or HE primarily in the St Louis?  I engaged two Tenryus using AP and had 9 citadel hits between them in like 20 seconds.  They melted like butter.  Then on to another St Louis, and citadeled him 3 more times and took him down, then finally got killed by another St Louis, but not before I had him down to 7k hp with 4 more citadels.  In literally 180 seconds of battle, I had three kills, plus one more than fell a couple seconds later, and was dead for the next 13 minutes as the team won.  I was still second in XP, and I guarantee I was first or second in damage.

The Omaha and Murmansk are similar at their tier for getting citadel hits.  If you can aim, you can wreck shop (especially with the Murmansk and it's 14.8km guns).

Had my first draw tonight when the Aoba on the cap drove off with 2.5 minutes remaining in the game, and he had already gotten cap up to slightly over halfway when he decided it would be a good idea to chase the last remaining opfor CV.

I really hate stupid motherfuckers in this game.  It hurts far worse than in WoT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually start with HE on my cruisers since it works on all ships, and typically the first thing I'll have to engage is likely an enemy DD.  Once I know my target, I'll switch over to AP if its another cruiser.   Sometimes I'll switch back and do a salvo of HE to set him on fire again, and then keep pounding with AP for citadel hits.

If I'm up against a CV or BB I'll pretty much spam HE as the constant and consistent damage seems to be the best plan.

The draw I had vs. Journey should have been a win for Journey's team, but a similar thing happened...the guys with the most cap points sailed off cap when it was 3/4 captured and there was about 1:30 left to engage our full health BB.  Even though they had 2 guys on cap, they couldn't overcome the spread.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Happiness is vaporizing a full health Minekaze with a full broadside from your Wyoming at 8K POOF!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#50]
played a couple of hours last night, and am starting to get a better feel for the OBT gameplay.  had a fun BB game while watching journey's stream--we wound up on the same team, and he was calling it over the stream audio.  there's ~15-20sec delay, but it actually works OK since the fight is more positional than quick-twitch.  

we come around an island, and it's the two of us (wyoming and arkansas) looking at about half their team.  but there's nothing to be done about it, so we just start focusing down ships--i shoot whatever he's shooting, and then 20 seconds later i hear "shoot the saint louis".  we pretty much vaporize the guy with the first broadsides, and then it's on to the next one.  so it's gonna be a really short game, but at least we're going to go down in a blaze of glory.

then my framerate crashes--i'm down to a ~5-8 fps slideshow.  fuck.  now i'm not going to be able to hit anything, we're going to lose, and i'm going to look like an idiot in front of everyone watching the stream.  20 seconds later, i hear "what the fuck?"...and everyone's framerate crashes.  journey is ranting, and the in-game chat is filling up with comments.  on the bright side, this is about the only way we're going to survive sailing in the open in front of 80 guns.  so we just keep shooting.  journey keeps yelling "shoot that fucking guy!", and i'm actually yelling back at the monitor "he's behind a goddamn island!"

at one point, journey says "any motherfucker still getting 70fps is like neo in the matrix right now".

we eventually find neo--a minekaze sitting in his own smoke behind an island at their cap.  nailed both of us.

probably the smartest guy in the server.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top