Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 296
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to 1, because I didn't see anyone else going.
when I saw a Zao, I turned my Mogami around with a furious passion, and started hand paddling in addition to the engines. We took off our sailor clothes and made sails, too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 3:26:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome game finish from a couple nights ago. On Land of Fire, in a cyclone, it's me in a Fuso and a New Orleans against an Atago and a Hatsaharu. I give the Atago a broadside and RNG laughs at me. So, I head right for it. I'm at 90%; he's at 40%. The front guns reload and I give him a blast and take him down to 6K. Ram, Die Hard, Repair + Damage Control and I'm at 20K. Hard to Starboard to clear the back guns for the DD. The NO has 163 hp and my secondaries kill him (oops). I give the DD a dose of AP and KaBlooey! What a finish. I didn't get Pinked either.

Then there's this from today. I didn't realize it until the match was over. I was the slowest thing afloat and only got 7 salvoes in. 3 were on this guy.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Domination has been horrible today. I've had at least 3 games today were our team was up, we were ahead in kills and caps but ALL THE FUCKING BB'S HANG IN THE BACK OF THE MAP DOING FUCK ALL OF NOTHING and we eventually lose. So all the DD's and CA's on our team get wiped out because they have no support because the BB's are spinning around 20km away in some sort of retarded ballet of circle jerk sniping.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Domination has been horrible today. I've had at least 3 games today were our team was up, we were ahead in kills and caps but ALL THE FUCKING BB'S HANG IN THE BACK OF THE MAP DOING FUCK ALL OF NOTHING and we eventually lose. So all the DD's and CA's on our team get wiped out because they have no support because the BB's are spinning around 20km away in some sort of retarded ballet of circle jerk sniping.
View Quote
because fire, motherfucker!

If I don't stay out of Zao and Gearing/Kasperov range, I am nothing but tinder in Yamato.

One would think that the Yamato was mostly made of wood, based on game play.

and don't forget Shima torp soup.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If I don't stay out of Zao and Gearing/Kasperov range, I am nothing but tinder in Yamato.

and don't forget Sima torp soup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and don't forget Sima torp soup.

yep, just like our 2 Montana/1 Yamato division the other night..... Those Khobaroasters just hang back at a ridiculous range and set you on fire over and over. It is a stupid concept and I find it funny wargaming will nerf the fuck out of an American ship to "restore historical accuracy" and then create a destroyer that has no basis in reality and has almost no reason to fear attacking the highest tier ships.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

yep, just like our 2 Montana/1 Yamato division the other night..... Those Khobaroasters just hang back at a ridiculous range and set you on fire over and over. It is a stupid concept and I find it funny wargaming will nerf the fuck out of an American ship to "restore historical accuracy" and then create a destroyer that has no basis in reality and has almost no reason to fear attacking the highest tier ships.

View Quote
I was the staying backiest snipiest bitch, and I stayed alive the longest and did almost 160K in one of those matches.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was the staying backiest snipiest bitch, and I stayed alive the longest and did almost 160K in one of those matches.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you guys are describing is the reason I very seldom play tier 8-10 matches.  I'ts just not as fun as 5-7.  I really like driving the Benson, but it seems like I'm always bottom tier.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#8]
So i splurged on the Scharnhorst. Love her. Fights like a Cruiser and armored like a BB
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So i splurged on the Scharnhorst. Love her. Fights like a Cruiser and armored like a BB
View Quote

Awesome

If I wasn't poor I'd buy one probably.

I think I'm going to try to get the T3 premium once its out, I can probably afford that one
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too. Fights very well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Practically speaking any reason to have both it and the Tirpitz?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scharny doesn't see Yamatos.

Also slightly different playstyle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, sounds a lot more like a cruiser play style (which I like).  I have the Tier 7 Ruskie Kutuzov which is more of a light cruiser.   Guess what I really want is the Indy, but not sure it will be on sale any time soon.

Not sure I need another $50 German Prem BB at the moment, but I'm sure I'll regret not getting it.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah, sounds a lot more like a cruiser play style (which I like).  I have the Tier 7 Ruskie Kutuzov which is more of a light cruiser.   Guess what I really want is the Indy, but not sure it will be on sale any time soon.

Not sure I need another $50 German Prem BB at the moment, but I'm sure I'll regret not getting it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just do it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#15]

I killed a couple last night with my Tirp.

They take citadels from the front, with plunging fire.

that said, I suppose I could use a good tier 7.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I killed a couple last night with my Tirp.   They take citadels from the front, with plunging fire.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I killed a couple last night with my Tirp.   They take citadels from the front, with plunging fire.

I don't sit still long enough for people to pen my bow.

My average damage in this thing is higher than in my Montana, Tirpitz and Iowa...  But I'm not sure if it will work for you Leisure. You like to sit further back than I do, and this thing shines front and center. You have to play it like a Tirpitz with cruiser guns...  I actually start matches with HE loaded and do a lot of switching based on target, positioning, and range. Most fun I've had in this game in a looooong time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#17]
The Sharnhorst is getting an AP nerf in 5.10 just FYI

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#18]
German BBs tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those threw me for a loop..  They were hauling and I dropped my salvos way behind for a few maps because speed LOL.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#20]
My first match, titled: Fuck my Fucking "Team"
Most of our team went to the border and did nothing, while the enemy capped 3/4 caps (I was in the only one we even started to cap)

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:04:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Finally did it with my old girl....

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like a hipper with repair crews, I love it. I cannot resist the german raiders...  Fucking wargaming is worse than crack.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#24]
RIP 900k free XP!
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
RIP 900k free XP!
View Quote

How far did you go in the tree? I'm just gonna start at the beginning and free xp the upgrades.

Too many noobs in BBs in que.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How far did you go in the tree? I'm just gonna start at the beginning and free xp the upgrades.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RIP 900k free XP!

Allll the way.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Allll the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RIP 900k free XP!

Allll the way.

Nice.  I'm sitting on about the same amount right now.  Thinking about jumping in at Tier 7 with the Gneisenau and going from there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nice.  I'm sitting on about the same amount right now.  Thinking about jumping in at Tier 7 with the Gneisenau and going from there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RIP 900k free XP!

Allll the way.

Gneisenau is just as much fun as Scharnhorst, even though the playstyle is closer to Tirptiz because of the 380mms. Bismarck is supposedly good (haven't bought it yet, I have a captain deficiency), the T9 is supposedly frustrating and the T10.. Well I like it. Could use about 3km more range though. It's fucking MASSIVE.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Gneisenau is just as much fun as Scharnhorst, even though the playstyle is closer to Tirptiz because of the 380mms. Bismarck is supposedly good (haven't bought it yet, I have a captain deficiency), the T9 is supposedly frustrating and the T10.. Well I like it. Could use about 3km more range though. It's fucking MASSIVE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RIP 900k free XP!

Allll the way.

Kind of my thinking at 7 and 8, especially with all the great things you guys are saying on the Scharn.  I didn't realize the difference in the guns.  Worst case I free XP through the 9 if it sucks that hard.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Had a lot of fun in the Kolberg last night. It's different being the Flamethrower instead of the Flamethrowee.

Played a couple games in the Nassau this morning. Holy crap! The RAWR! mindset of these folks with their new shiny BB is amazing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
Anyone else almost choke on the irony of him complaining that his BB doesn't have enough range? (unless he means secondaries range )

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone else almost choke on the irony of him complaining that his BB doesn't have enough range? (unless he means secondaries range )  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's necessary at T10 on those massive maps. I like to get closer, but if I can't because there's some shit playing the OP wonder that is Hakuryu that makes me have to drive away from my team and the battle to avoid his cancer that he decided to focus on me with, then I need some way to actually hit the enemy team while I make my way back to my team and the battle.

Montana with a stock 23k is perfect.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#33]
get online, tier-whore
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Colorado brings home the bacon again.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#35]

anyone want a $1000+ monitor?  Looks pretty good. Can't wait for these to be more reasonable.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Free XP'd the Gneisenau.   Pretty good ship although my damage output was pretty lackluster in the 2 games I played in it last night.   It definitely benefits from having cruiser or another BB in support.  I got into a 1 vs 3 fight against a Nagato, Tier 8 IJN DD, and a Hipper in my first match after my team turned the opposite way to break contact.   Hipper lit me on fire, IJN hit me 2x with torps, and a citadel hit later from the Nagato and I was pretty much doomed.

Citadel does seam pretty easy to pen, as I was getting citadel by an Arizona last night in my 2nd match in it, and I was angled into him vs. broadside.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Why can't I ever pen the Tirpitz?

If you've asked yourself this question....

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#38]
amidoingitrite.jpg

2850 base xp

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#40]
watch this......

WATCH IT!

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
watch this......

WATCH IT!

https://youtu.be/4t-j1Kaeg4w

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#42]
I get interviewed on a podcast for floaty things.

https://soundcloud.com/shoottheredships

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cool, will give it a listen!

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I <3 u, no home ( ok maybe just a lil homo but don't tell anybody)
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
watch this......

WATCH IT!

https://youtu.be/4t-j1Kaeg4w

https://youtu.be/YEwlW5sHQ4Q

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Chieftain on researching the HMS Belfast  "I tried to put a Soviet Flag on the back to make it come faster (to the game).  The British war museum did not like it and made me delete the video, not just not show it but delete it."
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Third game in the Sccharnhorst. This thing is a scrapper! I got my secondaries up to 7.6km.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#48]

I netted almost no credits in this match! WTF?!

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Obviously didn't carry had enough. I sunk and made like 200k

Death Sausage AP OP plz nurf.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Tough night tonight.  Bad teams, bad MM, and bad RNG.  I almost quit after being in a Tier 8 battle in my Fuso, spawning all by myself on 1 side of the map and having to spend all game running from N.C's and Tirpitz's, only to have a shot at winning it our DD's could figure out that if they pop smoke, stop shooting, and sit still, they can stay alive the 30 seconds we need to wrap up the win.  But nope, lets shoot HE at full HP battleships while closing the distance.

Played one more, and was rewarded with this game.  Also had 2 ARFCOMMERs on the team.  DMB and TStafford.  <O fellas!

Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top