Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 296
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

and i thought i was the only one that reads arfcom for the first few minutes of game while shim is loading out    dont need another monitor just hit windows tab and wait until icon flashes.
View Quote

My ADD is bad enough that I sometimes watch 2 videos on the two monitors at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So the Tenryu is absolutely a little beast.

Any other cruisers offer a similar fun factor?
View Quote
no one listens to me.  I posted this a month ago.

I just go to Warships Today and look at average WT Rating, and find the high ships.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
phone double tap
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I just go to Warships Today and look at average WT Rating, and find the high ships.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the Tenryu is absolutely a little beast.

Any other cruisers offer a similar fun factor?

For the average player it is the worst T3 cruiser.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Oops, looks like I looked at my highest average wtr
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
stats suck.  I have higher avg damage, higher kills per damage, etc.....   look at his WR vs my WR

The only conclusion I can draw is that he uses up his hit points better (all of them, eventually dying), leaving his team alive to shoot more.

Am I missing anything else?

Show Me Your Tits

Me

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
stats suck.  I have higher avg damage, higher kills per damage, etc.....   look at his WR vs my WR

The only conclusion I can draw is that he uses up his hit points better (all of them, eventually dying), leaving his team alive to shoot more.

View Quote

Number of battles is a fair bit apart.
He has a lot more experience in that ship than you do, that plus RNG could be the difference.

ETA: Divisions could also account for part of it. If he has more div games in that ship vs solo it will skew the numbers to some degree.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm also have a lot of fun with the Kirov right now.

Kahmikaze/Minekaze is still OP as hell.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#11]
RIF
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He has a lot more experience in that ship than you do, that plus RNG could be the difference.

ETA: Divisions could also account for part of it. If he has more div games in that ship vs solo it will skew the numbers to some degree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/RjcxDGG.png

Show Me Your Tits
http://i.imgur.com/laPXg5T.png

Me
http://i.imgur.com/ZImwINd.png

Probably 80% of those games are solo.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#13]
some of the changes for 5.10

I hope to start testing it tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't you hate when you get sunk by someone that you clearly are better than, but either it is some random lucky incident and they get you, or they are in a much better ship, or their friends suddenly pop up...  

like when you have the perfect ambush on a BB, and one of its secondaries detonates you.  

Also, unless I'm a tier 10, I'm always low tier.  Clemson is always in with Clevelands, etc.

Saw a new DD, Smith?  I haven't seen it before.  Looked neat, only 2 torps, 1 in each tube.  Kind of different.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]
For anyone going through Aslain's mudpack withdrawal, I've tried a few others out.  This one seems to get some of the basics in place that I like, and has a nice UI.

* Colored Tracers
* Major Renegades Contour Icons
* Has options for some minimap and interface panel mods (compass relo, HP bars, etc.)

http://www.gamersplatoon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16647
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:29:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't you hate when you get sunk by someone that you clearly are better than, but either it is some random lucky incident and they get you, or they are in a much better ship, or their friends suddenly pop up...  

like when you have the perfect ambush on a BB, and one of its secondaries detonates you.  

Also, unless I'm a tier 10, I'm always low tier.  Clemson is always in with Clevelands, etc.

Saw a new DD, Smith?  I haven't seen it before.  Looked neat, only 2 torps, 1 in each tube.  Kind of different.
View Quote

3 tubes, 3 broadside mounts and one dorsal. Smith has been in the game for months but only JUST NOW made it to the NA shop.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#18]
For how this game started out, I did pretty good. I was pummeling some broadside BB pretty good and a smoke screen appeared so I started turning outboard...right into the Atlanta that was using me as a shield. Then he shoots me a couple times. Then I take 3 torps from the smoke screen when I turned back in to break contact with the Atlanta. 30K damage later I'm on my merry way again. At the end I get accused of being an aim bot.

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:22:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For how this game started out, I did pretty good. I was pummeling some broadside BB pretty good and a smoke screen appeared so I started turning outboard...right into the Atlanta that was using me as a shield. Then he shoots me a couple times. Then I take 3 torps from the smoke screen when I turned back in to break contact with the Atlanta. 30K damage later I'm on my merry way again. At the end I get accused of being an aim bot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/dracster/shot-16.08.09_21.38.11-0967_zpsgx44evq6.jpg
View Quote

Nice game
Be sure not to waste the 1 doubloon you won
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#20]
I might have to buy the Camo for the nc. It's the first ship I've really wanted to keep.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/dracster/shot-16.08.09_21.38.11-0967_zpsgx44evq6.jpg
View Quote
It's easy to understand the accusation.  The Colorado is probably the most inconsistent feeling ship in the American line of BB's, when it comes to guns.  If you are doing well, it probably surprises the player who is focus of your guns.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I might have to buy the Camo for the nc. It's the first ship I've really wanted to keep.
View Quote
It really is enjoyably to play.

The Iowa is very similar.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's easy to understand the accusation.  The Colorado is probably the most inconsistent feeling ship in the American line of BB's, when it comes to guns.  If you are doing well, it probably surprises the player who is focus of your guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With all the pretty broadsides I had trouble deciding who to shoot first.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Come on you assholes, get on TS and let's play ships
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Come on you assholes, get on TS and let's play ships
View Quote
^ I assume he means me

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#26]
What's the TS info?

ETA: Nevermind, found it...but the lights are on and nobody is home. :(

Apparently you all quit at 9:45
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Warthunder is finally doing naval battles....
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
pirate ships?

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#29]
In a game a couple nights ago I was in a running (as in I was running from them so i didn't get burned down ) battle in Fuso with a couple cruisers that were at near full health. Then, RNG smiled upon me. 3 turrets into one and she's at 1200 hp. A little turn and 3 turrets in the other and she's at 3500 hp. So I started bringing my guns around and started a 180. I was smiling. I could smell the blood. There was a near full health BB and CL a little ways NE on the other side of a big island and the CV had planes headed that way. So, I was planning my intercept track on them for after I killed these two with my next salvo. Then the planes diverted and went for the cruisers. It's amazing how long 30 secs is. My front guns were just coming on target when the CV launched a spread at both and killed them. WTF!? All that potential damage wasted. They were the CV's only two kills of the game.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
pirate ships?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pirate ships?  

PT boats
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm hearing not so good things about the German T10 BB.
Not sure if I'm ready to make my return of the game is still full of camping BBs and DDs my cruisers can't catch or see to kill.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

PT boats
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pirate ships?  
PT boats
There appears to be an actual game called War Thunder
on the plus side, it does have Kraken in the game

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There appears to be an actual game called War Thunderon the plus side, it does have Kraken in the game
  https://youtu.be/8rdg1GIobIo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
pirate ships?  
PT boats
There appears to be an actual game called War Thunderon the plus side, it does have Kraken in the game
  https://youtu.be/8rdg1GIobIo

I know what War Thunder is lol
That video was from just a single event that happened, kinda like how wows does events ( bathtub, ships in space etc)
The actual naval combat part that is being added is PT boats and similar.
WT said nothing even as large as a destroyer will be in game.
That may change in the future but we're talking about something 2 years away.

That is of course all subject to change as the beta testing hasn't even started yet, I don't think the alpha has even started.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pirate ships?  
PT boats

Kraken is OP.  Plz nerf.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Got more info on WT ships.
Open beta is supposed to start early 2017.
Closed beta will have PT boats and river boats in it.
Capital ships are AI control only.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#36]
After reading reviews and watching vids I no longer want the Dunkerque.

The Scharnhorst might be fun, I haven't really decided if I like it or not yet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Well I've been gone from the game since late April, started playing warframe on xbone and that was pretty fun but I'm near the top of the power curve and am starting to lose interest...  How is the state of ships, worth coming back to?
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In a game a couple nights ago I was in a running (as in I was running from them so i didn't get burned down ) battle in Fuso with a couple cruisers that were at near full health. Then, RNG smiled upon me. 3 turrets into one and she's at 1200 hp. A little turn and 3 turrets in the other and she's at 3500 hp. So I started bringing my guns around and started a 180. I was smiling. I could smell the blood. There was a near full health BB and CL a little ways NE on the other side of a big island and the CV had planes headed that way. So, I was planning my intercept track on them for after I killed these two with my next salvo. Then the planes diverted and went for the cruisers. It's amazing how long 30 secs is. My front guns were just coming on target when the CV launched a spread at both and killed them. WTF!? All that potential damage wasted. They were the CV's only two kills of the game.
View Quote

Well that is the rub, as it were because there are 2 trains of thought.

A. Kill those weak guys and remove 2 sets of guns from the battlefield.
or
B. Go after someone else and hope that whoever is over there can take care of those almost dead ships.

In reality though, most players seem fixated on getting kills for their numbers. They'd rather have all the kills than all the damage.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Well I've been gone from the game since late April, started playing warframe on xbone and that was pretty fun but I'm near the top of the power curve and am starting to lose interest...  How is the state of ships, worth coming back to?
View Quote
probably not. they've instituted a 5 strikes and your out for life chat rage policy

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
probably not. they've instituted a 5 strikes and your out for life chat rage policy  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never had a problem with raging in chat, just breaking shit on/near my computer desk...

I can only remember one time going full blommenbreg...
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I never had a problem with rating in chat, just breaking shit on/near my computer desk...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never had a problem with rating in chat, just breaking shit on/near my computer desk...
lol. we all know who would suffer.  but he has turned off chat, and is good to go now.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
lol. we all know who would suffer.  but he has turned off chat, and is good to go now.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laugh all you want guys....  

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

or
B. Go after someone else and hope that whoever is over there can take care of those almost dead ships.

In reality though, most players seem fixated on getting kills for their numbers. They'd rather have all the kills than all the damage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

When we were doing a lot of tank companies and clan wars in WOT, there was a standing rule to ALWAYS take guns off the map.   Unless wargaming changes it, a ship (or tank) with even 1hp left still has guns that are just as effective as if it was 100% HP.    In a team battle you can of course get on comms and say you have 5 seconds to reload and can finish them off.   But in a pub match you better bet that your team mate doesn't know  your reload time and will steal a kill if he can.

Did you guys win the game?   In the end that is what matters.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

When we were doing a lot of tank companies and clan wars in WOT, there was a standing rule to ALWAYS take guns off the map.   Unless wargaming changes it, a ship (or tank) with even 1hp left still has guns that are just as effective as if it was 100% HP.    In a team battle you can of course get on comms and say you have 5 seconds to reload and can finish them off.   But in a pub match you better bet that your team mate doesn't know  your reload time and will steal a kill if he can.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

100% agree
No such thing as kill steal IMO, its a team game.
Just kill red ships ASAP to get their guns out of the fight.

ETA: It is frustrating when we have to do kill missions though which is why I prefer damage over kills for missions.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm hearing not so good things about the German T10 BB.
Not sure if I'm ready to make my return of the game is still full of camping BBs and DDs my cruisers can't catch or see to kill.
View Quote

Don't judge a book by its cover. She gets Hipper Hydro you know. With any luck they come out next tuesday/Wednesday, I'll let you know how my first few games in her go.

And still no Scharnhorst. Tired of waiting, SHIT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Got more info on WT ships.
Open beta is supposed to start early 2017.
Closed beta will have PT boats and river boats in it.
Capital ships are AI control only.
View Quote

Gaijin: taking good things and ruining them since the dawn of time.

I miss birds of steel on XB360, that was a damn good combat flight sim. I thought War Thunder was going to be an upgrade but sadly no.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

No we did not. That's what rubbed me about it. These cruisers were about 7km away, one dead ahead and one off my port bow, and closing. They were dead when I reloaded. If he had torp raped the BB we would have won.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone else hate Bastion with a firey passion?

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ESYCmu3.png
View Quote

Haven't had it yet
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ESYCmu3.png

View Quote

if they'd put it into the rotation more and people could figure out what the fuck to do it would be a lot more fun. It always causes so much herp/derp that it's always a gigantic clusterfuck even compared to normal games.
Page / 296
Top Top