BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glock 34 with a X300, three extra magazines, OC spray, a X2 (that will probably never be used), two sets of cuffs, two Pelican flash lights benchmade auto knife, Benchmade push dagger, and a hardwood baton.

Funny story about bigfoot...Ill have to type that one out when I have a couple minutes (Spoiler alert: It wasnt bigfoot).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What does your arsenal include? Are you looking for Bigfoot?

Glock 34 with a X300, three extra magazines, OC spray, a X2 (that will probably never be used), two sets of cuffs, two Pelican flash lights benchmade auto knife, Benchmade push dagger, and a hardwood baton.

Funny story about bigfoot...Ill have to type that one out when I have a couple minutes (Spoiler alert: It wasnt bigfoot).

No long gun?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I covered it a ways back.  Bushmaster and I have a Kahr PM9 on my vest.

No long gun?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does your arsenal include? Are you looking for Bigfoot?

I covered it a ways back.  Bushmaster and I have a Kahr PM9 on my vest.

No long gun?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Give or take 25 minutes unless I am lucky and near the radio call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's your typical response time when responding to non emergency runs?

Give or take 25 minutes unless I am lucky and near the radio call.

Snohomish County was like that long ago. Some of the fun used to be responding to a burg call, and seeing if you could make sparks on impact going over a hill
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Another day in the books.  Im off to bed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Without a doubt "reckless shooting."  Rarely reckless...or shooting for that matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's your most common call?

Without a doubt "reckless shooting."  Rarely reckless...or shooting for that matter.

A couple years ago a neighbor called something like that in (I don't shoot at home and I hadn't heard any shooting that night), and Travis county called us on the phone and asked us to come out the end of our drive way to talk.  We walked out and were greeted by half a dozen deputies holding rifles.  Nothing unpleasant about the interaction; I just found it strange that they would come out in such force for that kind of call.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are you carrying a folding knife? If so, what kind?
View Quote

If you're not going to read his replies, do you expect an answer?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#7]
May God see you safely home at the end of your shift, Sir.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have gone entire nights without a radio call.  It is definately in the slower part of the county.
View Quote
You work alone in an area with little population.

Have you ever been in the most desolate part of your area catching up on some paperwork when the only two cars you have seen the entire night wreck into each other right in front of you?

If so, was this mildly aggravating?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Odd that you just asked this.  There was a minature pony tied up to the front of a bar I just passed...and then turned around to make sure I wasnt seeing things.  I guess its better than driving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

See any weird shit ( unusual animals etc?)

Round here recently a few folks I know have been hearing wolf howls which is weird as far as I'm aware our area has no wolves

Odd that you just asked this.  There was a minature pony tied up to the front of a bar I just passed...and then turned around to make sure I wasnt seeing things.  I guess its better than driving.
Did you go into the bar to find out if the pony was ridden by a minature cowboy?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A couple years ago a neighbor called something like that in (I don't shoot at home and I hadn't heard any shooting that night), and Travis county called us on the phone and asked us to come out the end of our drive way to talk.  We walked out and were greeted by half a dozen deputies holding rifles.  Nothing unpleasant about the interaction; I just found it strange that they would come out in such force for that kind of call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's your most common call?

There are many variables that could lead to a response such as that.  There was recently passed case law where the word of an annon. 911 RP isnt necessarly enough for the police to take action (that is a very general summary) like it used to be.  Not everyone always takes the word of an RP with a grain, or whole truckload, of salt.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:51:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Have you ever been in the most desolate part of your area catching up on some paperwork when the only two cars you have seen the entire night wreck into each other right in front of you?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have gone entire nights without a radio call.  It is definately in the slower part of the county.

That has never happened, knock on wood, but I could totally see that happen.  And yes, it would be at a minimum "mildly" aggrivating.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did you go into the bar to find out if the pony was ridden by a minature cowboy?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round here recently a few folks I know have been hearing wolf howls which is weird as far as I'm aware our area has no wolves

I should have.  People were already looking out the window at me after making sudden brake, U-turn maneuver.  Im sure they knew exactly why I did what I did, I didnt want to confirm it for them...I was also pretty dissapointed that it was only 0100 and the bar was still open.  It felt like it should have been at least 03.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I am obviously back in the car and headed to work.  I will keep answering questions as long as they keep coming.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#14]
You gonna stop me from walking through your town and arrest me for vagrancy?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you saw the owner come out of the bar, drunk, and "drive" his horse down the road, would you pull him over for DWI/DUI?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you saw the owner come out of the bar, drunk, and "drive" his horse down the road, would you pull him over for DWI/DUI?

Perfectly legal in Montana.

ETA:

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:16:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You gonna stop me from walking through your town and arrest me for vagrancy?
View Quote

You have obviously never heard of "free-attle."  Keep walking West and there is a seemingly never ending supply of social services for the out of state homeless by choice, drug addicts, and people who just dont want to work.  Feel free to stay in my AO as long as you want but its pretty cold at night!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In WA it needs to be a motor vehicle.  You can bicycle drunk too if you want, as long as you are not doing so in a manner that creates a risk to yourself or others.  There are other statutes for that.  Make sure you are wearing a helmet too or you can get hit with a health code violation infraction.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:24:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In WA it needs to be a motor vehicle.  You can bicycle drunk too if you want, as long as you are not doing so in a manner that creates a risk to yourself or others.  There are other statutes for that.  Make sure you are wearing a helmet too or you can get hit with a health code violation infraction.
View Quote

Same, Bikes, animal powered vehicles and wheelchairs are exempt. Public Intoxication may be another story, but that is usually an add on for douchebags otherwise all of Butte would have one.

See the ETA above with PSA from MTDOT.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Why pelican lights over surefire or streamlight?

Whats your duty ammo for handgun and long?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:32:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Ever see anything creepy on the job?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Do you have any m855?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:35:26 AM EDT
[#22]
No long guns?

No way.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:42:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Back on tonight?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:54:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why pelican lights over surefire or streamlight?

Whats your duty ammo for handgun and long?

View Quote

I was given a 7060LED as a gift and it has worked great for years.  I got a screaming deal on a 2380R and it has worked good as the backup on my belt for about a year.  I know they arent "bin 1" LEDs but that have worked well for me.

Handgun ammo is Federal HST 147 gr.  Rifle goes between Speed and Federal 47gr (I believe).
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:55:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ever see anything creepy on the job?
View Quote

Ive seen some things that seriously shook my faith in humanity.  

It wasnt really creepy but the oddest thing I have seen was a man who used to feed rats in his home.  He died and by the time we found him he was a skeleton from the waist down.  The city had to burn the house down for fear of Haunta virus and who knows what else was floating around in there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Do you direct traffic for free on Sunday mornings?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:55:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Do you have any m855?
View Quote

I found a single pulled projectile in my box of USMC stuff I was showing my son.  Not enough to neckbeard...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:56:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm drinking tonight. Be safe.

Where are you getting 147 HST? As the only guy in my agency shooting 9mm, I must know.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:56:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No long guns?

No way.

View Quote

Answered this earlier.  Bushmaster 16" AR with a Troy 15" free float rail, 2 stage trigger, Aimpoint PRO, magnifier, magpul somethingorother stock, and a multicam Ares armament sling.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:57:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Back on tonight?

View Quote

Its only Wednesday brother!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:57:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Do you live in Blaine?  I have a relative out there.

View Quote

Far from it, probably 3 hours.  I have gone through a couple times on my way to the Great White North.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:58:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do you direct traffic for free on Sunday mornings?
View Quote

Not for free but I have done some TC at churches as off duty work before.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:58:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Back on tonight?

Huh?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:59:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm drinking tonight. Be safe.

Where are you getting 147 HST? As the only guy in my agency shooting 9mm, I must know.
View Quote

From our range.  I think we ordered out a couple years in advance some time ago.  There have been rumors we may be switching to Speer Lawman (what a catchy name huh?).  

Drink one or two for me!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:59:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back on tonight?

Huh?

Day 3 of 5 this week.  Couple beers down already!?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Back on tonight?

Huh?

This is starting my short week. 2 12 hours days. Last week was 5 12 hour days. I are confused by anything else.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:15:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is starting my short week. 2 12 hours days. Last week was 5 12 hour days. I are confused by anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back on tonight?

Huh?

I worked set 4/10s for the last couple years.  The days of the week are irrlevent to me too right now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I worked set 4/10s for the last couple years.  The days of the week are irrlevent to me too right now.
View Quote

Envious.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:18:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Envious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Envious.

Dont be, part of my transfer was back to rotating 5/2 - 5/3.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:27:51 AM EDT
[#41]
What county? Not that it matters since I'm in grant
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:47:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What county? Not that it matters since I'm in grant
View Quote

Im not going to say but some other people figured it out a page or two back.  Caught me slipping.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Do you believe in Sasquatch?

Have you seen Sasquatch?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Have you seen Sasquatch?
View Quote

And if you DO see Sasquatch, let her know that our grandkids are coming to visit from Mayport next week. She isn't returning my calls. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Get it right.

It's SAMSQUANCH!

Quoted:

And if you DO see Sasquatch, let her know that our grandkids are coming to visit from Mayport next week. She isn't returning my calls. Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you seen Sasquatch?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Are you ashamed that you're spending taxpayer dollars to surf on your phone?
View Quote

Pssh. He's probably surfing the net on the tax payer bought and funded 4G laptop in his car.

Just like I am in my truck.

And no. I don't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You know, 380 square miles is a square patch less than 20 miles on a side.

Now if the patrol region is 380 miles squared, then that's really something, that is a state sized patrol.

View Quote

I became a cop so I wouldnt have to do much more than basic math!  I dedicated an entire semester (the last one before getting my BS) to Math 105.  I kept putting it off hoping it would go away...it did not.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Have you seen Sasquatch?
View Quote

I forgot to type ou my big foot story.  You will have to check back tonight.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top