BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's actually a very sweet story.  That bit with the figurines was a dance they did.  Putting them out again just shines the light on the loss of her dancing partner.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well now, what can I say without a coc violation.... Fun times, but to the point of the thread

My wife, first off let me say that she is an rn.....  
Specializing in mental health... This sounds like it should cancel each other out, but you would be wrong.... Do you know the difference between mental health nurses and the patients.... One group is allowed to have keys and gets too go home in the evening.

I'm not even going to start.... But I will say that I watched as my grandmother would put out these silly glass figurines every morning, the ones my grandfather seemed to hate, he would always cuss about how silly they are, how stupid it was, hell they even fought over the silly things.... Every night, cussing about those silly little figurines my grandfather would put them all away.... Grandma would cuss that they were all put away, granddad would always cuss she was taking them back out.

When my grandfather died, they were never seen again.  When I asked my grandmother about them she said that they were still in the cabinet where your grandfather put them.  I asked why she never took them back out and her reply was because no one else would put them away....... I didn't understand that shit when I was a kid, I still don't now, I firmly believe that I will never understand women.... I love mine to death, and at times I'd like to speed up the process a bit... I'm sure she feels the same way about me and all the stupid shit I do that pisses her off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

That's actually a very sweet story.  That bit with the figurines was a dance they did.  Putting them out again just shines the light on the loss of her dancing partner.  

Sweet?  Hell at times you would think they were going to kill each other over the dam things.... Every day granddad would cuss about those things,yet carefully put each one away before bed... every morning grandma would cuss that they were put away, and put them all back on the kitchen window.... At times as a kid, my cousins and I discussed taking them so they would stop arguing about something so silly...... Come to think about it, it was pretty much one of the few things I've ever heard them argue about.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My SO is half Vietnamese.  She does this as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drinks hot water.  Seems so odd to me.  Even asks for it at restaurants.

Is she Chinese?  Mine does that.  Acupuncturist, did a 6 month internship in a hospital in China, one habit she brought back.

My SO is half Vietnamese.  She does this as well.
Multiple Asians have told me cold drinks block digestion and increase fat retention.  Many I know will not drink cold drinks with food at all.

In all likelihood I think it has to date back to boiling water for safety.  Lots of food practices leftover because of outdated safety concerns.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
talks nonsense in the shower, but won't tell me what she's saying. I've tried eavesdropping, but between her mumbles and the running water, I can never make out what she's saying.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:25:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well now, what can I say without a coc violation.... Fun times, but to the point of the thread

Specializing in mental health... This sounds like it should cancel each other out, but you would be wrong.... Do you know the difference between mental health nurses and the patients.... One group is allowed to have keys and gets too go home in the evening.

I'm not even going to start.... But I will say that I watched as my grandmother would put out these silly glass figurines every morning, the ones my grandfather seemed to hate, he would always cuss about how silly they are, how stupid it was, hell they even fought over the silly things.... Every night, cussing about those silly little figurines my grandfather would put them all away.... Grandma would cuss that they were all put away, granddad would always cuss she was taking them back out.

When my grandfather died, they were never seen again.  When I asked my grandmother about them she said that they were still in the cabinet where your grandfather put them.  I asked why she never took them back out and her reply was because no one else would put them away....... I didn't understand that shit when I was a kid, I still don't now, I firmly believe that I will never understand women.... I love mine to death, and at times I'd like to speed up the process a bit... I'm sure she feels the same way about me and all the stupid shit I do that pisses her off.

View Quote

Wow, that story is going to make me cry. Not everyone gets a love like that in their lives.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:08:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it is very deep.
Best story I ever heard, I can almost see it happening.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Insists on turning the temperature controls in our explorer to 80 while warming it up. She believes the heater will begin to heat faster by turning it up all the way.  I tried to explain to her that it will get to 70 degrees just as fast regardless of if it is set to 70 or 80, but she still does it.  She also turns the fans on full blast rather than letting the climate control handle the fan speed, for the same reason.  I told her it'll just blow cold air until the heater core warms up, but I gave up and don't even bother anymore. She's happy so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]
My bride will wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.
She also cleans and vacuums before the cleaning lady gets here.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:00:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Insists on turning the temperature controls in our explorer to 80 while warming it up. She believes the heater will begin to heat faster by turning it up all the way.  I tried to explain to her that it will get to 70 degrees just as fast regardless of if it is set to 70 or 80, but she still does it.  She also turns the fans on full blast rather than letting the climate control handle the fan speed, for the same reason.  I told her it'll just blow cold air until the heater core warms up, but I gave up and don't even bother anymore. She's happy so I'm happy.
View Quote

Yep, I am FINALLY learning, just give up.
Same with our efficient HVAC in our house.
Wife-"It's going to be 21 below zero tonight, better turn the heat up."
Try to tell her if t-stat is set at 62, 'the house does not care how cold it is Outside, it will keep the Inside at 62.'
62 may sound like a low setting, try some flannel sheets, and a down comforter, it is too hot in bed.
64 in the day, 60 at night, well insulated, no drafts.
ETA, she is the one who turns heat down, is cozy, get flannel sheets!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

A friend of mine will only operate the controls in an ON/OFF fashion. He will burn the skin off of your face with the heat and fan on maximum for a few minutes, then turn the fan off completely until it gets cold again. I've never been able to figure out why he does this, and he's never explained it. If he ever owns a car with climate control, I don't know what he's gonna do. He might just lose his shit.

The only time in my life where my wife has not been constantly cold, was when she was pregnant. The house was a comfy 65 the whole time and I loved the heat savings. I didn't have to blast the heat in the car constantly, cracking my window every few minutes because I was burning up even with just a T-shirt on. Now our son is 1 year old and the house must be 68-70 at all times once more.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:46:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Would put the emergency brake on every time she parked despite being on a flat surface with an automatic transmission.  She finally quit when the parking brake spring broke in her last car.  Apparently her grandpa taught her this and her brother and mom do it too.
View Quote

I do this.  If you saw the tiny piece of metal that is responsible for holding your vehicle in place, you might too.  Not to mention the shock load it takes off the trans IF someone were to plow into your vehicle in a parking lot.  Also, the biggest reason for E-brakes in vehicles to stop working is from lack of use (not counting rust from those in the rust belt).

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine will respond to a question with a completely unrelated answer, as if she never heard the original question and is simply responding to a question I may or may not ask in the near future.  Drives me absolutely nuts.  She also has a bad habit of never putting something in the same place twice, so I am constantly trying to find stuff around the house.  Remotes, car keys, cell phone, doesn't matter, it's always a scavenger hunt to find anything...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Great story abou your grandparents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great story abou your grandparents.

That's very touching.

She must have missed him terribly.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
She leaves cabinets open after she's finished getting stuff out of them.  Drives me nuts.
View Quote

mine does this as well

she hit her head hard on one the other day, I figure that it will take time, but conditioning is underway
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Off to buy a new sawzall

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<What in the heck made you think that link was OK to post here? -Z>

Off to buy a new sawzall

ok, what did I miss?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine leaves the last mouthful of toothpaste spit in the sink, twice a day, every day.  I like things to be perfectly spotless all the time and she knows it.  I cant understand why I have to wash that shit out

She cant comprehend the process of organizing things in categories.   When Im done using a widget, it goes back in the rubbermaid container marked "widgets".  When she's done with the widget, it gets stuck in the nearest nook, drawer or shelf.  

Also, she will walk past the coat closet by the front door and hang her coat or jacket on the back of a kitchen chair.  Why the fuck would a sane person do this?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#16]
My SO is so secretive, even I don't know who she is
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife runs a home custom embroidery business and is doing very well at it. She has grown it from nothing to having four machines that cost as much as a damn car completely paid off in the span of 5 years. She just recently bought a shirt printer that cost five figures with the surprise money we got from Bank of America back in December. That thing has been running non-stop.

Now for the shit that annoys me. House is always cluttered and a mess with her business supplies and materials. One time she bitched I wasn't helping clean up. One day she asked me to help clean up, I started picking up her business supplies and put them in labeled bins. She was pissed she couldn't find anything and why did I mess with her stuff. Turns out she was talking about the dishwasher being full and a couple of dirty dishes in the sink and my dirty laundry in the linen basket.

Now when she asks me to help clean up, I ask her if it's her stuff or my stuff. She gives me the evil eye and calls me a dick.

She thinks my wall of ammo in the closet stacked in ammo cans is out of control.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#18]
After she gets done washing g the dishes, she doesn't clean out the sink strainer.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mine leaves the last mouthful of toothpaste spit in the sink, twice a day, every day.  I like things to be perfectly spotless all the time and she knows it.  I cant understand why I have to wash that shit out

She cant comprehend the process of organizing things in categories.   When Im done using a widget, it goes back in the rubbermaid container marked "widgets".  When she's done with the widget, it gets stuck in the nearest nook, drawer or shelf.  

Also, she will walk past the coat closet by the front door and hang her coat or jacket on the back of a kitchen chair.  Why the fuck would a sane person do this?
View Quote

It sounds to me as if most of this shit should have been worked out before.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Turns the dryer off if we're leaving. Could start a fire she says. I said you know the heat element and lint trap are on opposite ends of the unit?
View Quote

No, a clothes dryer has never been the cause of a house fire, ever lol

FYI I won't leave mine running when I'm away from the home, and I have hauled a few dozen out of homes after extinguishing the fire in them, cut her some slack
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

you are the weird one there, shit don't need filling til the last 1/8th
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She likes to let her car get to almost empty before filling it with gas. I've yelled at her numerous times.

I get that not everyone on this site is into prepping, but who honestly thinks it's prudent to let your fuel tank in your daily driver run below a 1/4 or so?

Needing to un-ass an area suddenly?
Stuck in winter conditions in your car?
Power outage causing gas stations to go offline?
Out of cash and telcoms/internet down not letting your credit card work?

Hope you have some gas in the tank
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FYI I won't leave mine running when I'm away from the home, and I have hauled a few dozen out of homes after extinguishing the fire in them, cut her some slack
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Turns the dryer off if we're leaving. Could start a fire she says. I said you know the heat element and lint trap are on opposite ends of the unit?

+1
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I get that not everyone on this site is into prepping, but who honestly thinks it's prudent to let your fuel tank in your daily driver run below a 1/4 or so?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
She likes to let her car get to almost empty before filling it with gas. I've yelled at her numerous times.

Mine doesn't get below half but usually not below 3/4. I will even top it off if I've only used a little if a storm is coming. I'm very particular about it.

I don't know how some of your wives or girlfriends cope with daily life. They sound incapable of doing most anything for themselves. Can't fill up their own car? Dang.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
ok, what did I miss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<What in the heck made you think that link was OK to post here? -Z>

Off to buy a new sawzall

ok, what did I miss?
A link to a sawzall dildo with vagina attached to a woman showing in the link

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's one from today that drives me fucking batshit. Gets mad when I "backseat drive" and "tell him what to do" but then gets mad when I don't tell him where to turn etc because I'm "the one who knows".
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Piss everyone off: Demand the lid be put down.

Plus, with the lid down, nobody has to look at the stained bowl from the hard water or your latest skid mark.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's obviously not been well trained enough to put the seat down when he's done.

As I suspected......

The expectation for a guy to put the seat down is just ridiculous.

What's so ridiculous about the guy putting it back the way he found it? My dad had a habit of leaving the seat up. More than once when I was in grammar school, I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I was barely awake (when you gotta go, you gotta go) and sat down without looking. There was a night light and I didn't turn the overhead light on.

I ended up with a wet butt.

Piss everyone off: Demand the lid be put down.

Plus, with the lid down, nobody has to look at the stained bowl from the hard water or your latest skid mark.

Kharn

Lid down is the compromise in our house.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#27]
My wife can not fall asleep without the TV on, which means I wake up every night about 1am and have to tear the bed apart looking for the remote to turn it off. Drives me insane.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I think I have a keeper.  I haven't really been able to come up with anything strange other than her talking in her sleep occasionally.  Last night for the first time I was finally able to make out what she was saying.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What's so ridiculous about the guy putting it back the way he found it? My dad had a habit of leaving the seat up. More than once when I was in grammar school, I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I was barely awake (when you gotta go, you gotta go) and sat down without looking. There was a night light and I didn't turn the overhead light on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your wife drops the toilet seat?  Mind if I ask why it was in the up position?

He's obviously not been well trained enough to put the seat down when he's done.

As I suspected......

The expectation for a guy to put the seat down is just ridiculous.

Gee, I don't like the lid being left up...  Not sure if daughter knows that that was how I could tell she'd let her mother come over while I was at work (now wife leaves the lid up, haven't mentioned it to her yet, not sure it's worth it :-) ).

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think I have a keeper.  I haven't really been able to come up with anything strange other than her talking in her sleep occasionally.  Last night for the first time I was finally able to make out what she was saying.
View Quote

Well, come on, what did she say?
Would take a sleep talk over my Wife's sleep punch, elbow, kick!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
BF will not allow any power adapters (laptop, phones, etc.) to stay plugged in when he is not home or asleep.  

Worries they will start a fire.  

Got all offended when I asked if he also unplugs his refrigerator and stove when he's out as well.

Believes that if an electrical fire started in his place, it would be from a small device rather than consider the possibility that it might be faulty wiring.

Says its impossible since his building is less than a decade old and nobody does shoddy work these days.  

Edit:  he wants to add that I am incapable of closing any and all drawers....
View Quote

Unplugging charger and power supply adapters is actually a good idea.   Quite a few of them are, in fact, prone to starting fires.

Why not reduce the risk for things you can control?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Until recently I didn't know that she didn't know how to physically deposit checks.  I found this out by finding a good amount of expired checks (think over 10 years).
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mine will respond to a question with a completely unrelated answer, as if she never heard the original question and is simply responding to a question I may or may not ask in the near future.  Drives me absolutely nuts.  She also has a bad habit of never putting something in the same place twice, so I am constantly trying to find stuff around the house.  Remotes, car keys, cell phone, doesn't matter, it's always a scavenger hunt to find anything...
View Quote

Lol, I'm the worst about doing this
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Until recently I didn't know that she didn't know how to physically deposit checks.  I found this out by finding a good amount of expired checks (think over 10 years).
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I, just...wow.  I suddenly feel very lucky.  I was going to complain about her organizing/cleaning so much but....
My wife is clean, fastidious, takes care of cooking, cleaning, meals, the kids day-to-day, works part time (while kids are in school), is in amazing shape, is beautiful, is outgoing and funny.  She cleans the house, is obsessive about everything being organized and picked up, has our family schedule down pat, etc, etc.  

I got nothing.
View Quote

She's looking over your shoulder, isn't she?

Just kidding.  you'll probably want to hang onto her, sounds like a keeper.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm interested in knowing more about this one.   I don't understand how this can happen.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Ugh, where do I start?

My wife won't leave me alone when I'm cleaning my guns. It's always "show me what you're doing! I want to learn! Can I try!?"

Then she has the audacity to pull out her own guns and think it's ok to clean them too. She usually goes right ahead and starts on her own, and does it correctly.

WTF is wrong with this woman.

She's got awful taste in men, too.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine buys me beer and whiskey

Even knows my favorite kinds

She does call supper "suppers" which makes me laugh and I say we are only eating one supper today so don't put the s on it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

My wife can not fall asleep without the TV on, which means I wake up every night about 1am and have to tear the bed apart looking for the remote to turn it off. Drives me insane.
View Quote
Most (if not all) have a timer

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#40]
bump
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#41]
mine is convinced that not one tiny speck of food should ever go down into the garbage disposal.
Of course I needle her by stuffing as mush down there in her presence as I can
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If there's a flat unoccupied surface in the house, she'll pile shit on it.

Almost never refills the toilet paper dispenser (always thought that was every womans pet peeve aside from a toliet seat left up).
View Quote

I had a running dryer catch fire and almost burn my house down. This isn't THAT wierd..
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm interested in knowing more about this one.   I don't understand how this can happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither can I. This makes my brain hurt.

And how much lost $$ was represented by those expired checks?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ugh, where do I start?

My wife won't leave me alone when I'm cleaning my guns. It's always "show me what you're doing! I want to learn! Can I try!?"

Then she has the audacity to pull out her own guns and think it's ok to clean them too. She usually goes right ahead and starts on her own, and does it correctly.

WTF is wrong with this woman.

She's got awful taste in men, too.

View Quote

That really sucks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#45]
$87.00
Older guy at work used to get called into HR every quarter or so, he'd just pile up his checks in his glove compartment.
Single, and lived with his Mother.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Wife is a cleaning and organization fanatic. Everything is clean and germ free and everything is labeled.

Except her vehicle. I can collect a bag of tran every week and often there's no room in the back seat for the junk that's back there.

She just trashes her cars inside and out. I no longer buy new cars for her because the get banged up and stained.

I can go out of town for a few days and my truck will look the same.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:58:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
talks nonsense in the shower, but won't tell me what she's saying. I've tried eavesdropping, but between her mumbles and the running water, I can never make out what she's saying.
View Quote

My wife will talk to me in the same tone whether I'm sitting right next to her, or in the shower with the vent on then can't understand why I can't hear her. I have to explain about the ambient noise to her. Every time.

Hell, I'll be mowing the fucking yard and look up to see her on the porch, her mouth moving, talking to me like I'm sitting next to her, oblivious that the godamn mower is clearly louder than her.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:16:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I do this.  If you saw the tiny piece of metal that is responsible for holding your vehicle in place, you might too.  Not to mention the shock load it takes off the trans IF someone were to plow into your vehicle in a parking lot.  Also, the biggest reason for E-brakes in vehicles to stop working is from lack of use (not counting rust from those in the rust belt).

http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/data/2/15286DSCN6128.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would put the emergency brake on every time she parked despite being on a flat surface with an automatic transmission.  She finally quit when the parking brake spring broke in her last car.  Apparently her grandpa taught her this and her brother and mom do it too.

http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/data/2/15286DSCN6128.JPG

Not using the parking brake is also a good way to wear out that pin/stop in the transmission, if your vehicle goes "thunk" when you put it in gear (or when you put it in park).   It's a lot cheaper to fix the spring.

Also - some vehicles use the parking brake to adjust their brakes on an on-going basis.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Reminded of another one today...she simply cannot use an electrical device without getting the cord so tangled that it takes two midgets and a wizard to get it untangled.  I've never seen anything like it.  Hairdryers, clothes iron, cordless phone, makes no difference, it will be a tangled mess within 10 seconds of her handling it.  Only reason the cords on the washer and dryer aren't tangled is because she hasn't figured out a way to get them off the wall yet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:47:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife says it sounds like you're married to a man.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top