Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2015 1:31:25 PM EDT
Looks like this is Russia's way of telling us to F#$& off over Ukraine.

Russian offers Iran latest anti-aircraft missiles: TASS

MOSCOW Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:41am EST

(Reuters) - Russia has offered Iran its latest Antey-2500 missiles, the head of Russian state defense conglomerate Rostec said on Monday according to media reports, after a deal to supply less powerful S-300 missiles was dropped under Western pressure.

Sergei Chemezov said Tehran was now considering the offer, TASS news agency reported.

Russia scrapped a contract to supply Iran with S-300 surface-to-air missiles under Western pressure in 2010, and Iran later filed a $4-billion international arbitration suit against Russia in Geneva, but the two countries remain allies.

The United States and Israel lobbied Russia to block the missile sale, saying it could be used to shield Iran's nuclear facilities from possible future air strikes.

There was no immediate response to Chemezov's comments from Iran, Israel or the United States.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/23/us-iran-nuclear-russia-missiles-idUSKBN0LR0MZ20150223

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
my shocked face
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Wikipedia says they're $120 million a pop.

You can get a lot of drones for $120 million.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

That's for a complete battery.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]
why do I think Obama may be secretly hoping the deal goes through....it would give him an excuse not to try and take out their nuclear facilities. The cost in American lives would be too high....
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
You really think it is just about Ukraine?

Russia has run interference for Iran's nuclear program since it was revealed that they were building Natanz. They don't care about passing  toothless UNSC resolutions on the matter as long as Iran serves as a foil to the US and Saudis. Putin is especially upset with the Saudis over cheap oil;this has more to do with them than the US.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck Putin, Fuck the Soviets,  and most of all Fuck Hussein Obama.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm an old guy, so I thank Jimmy Carter for this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You really think it is just about Ukraine?

Russia has run interference for Iran's nuclear program since it was revealed that they were building Natanz. They don't care about passing  toothless UNSC resolutions on the matter as long as Iran serves as a foil to the US and Saudis. Putin is especially upset with the Saudis over cheap oil;this has more to do with them than the US.
View Quote

I also don't think Putin wants to lose $4 billion in a lawsuit to Iran. They can't afford it. But yes... the reasons you highlight also factor in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
All the more reason to flood Ukraine with weapons, but our pussy of a President will not do it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
And in other news showing the fierce determination and foresight of US foreign policy: http://news.yahoo.com/phased-us-iran-nuclear-deal-taking-shape-112339907--politics.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear Persian maintenance and training is better than Arab maintenance and training.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And in other news showing the fierce determination and foresight of US foreign policy: http://news.yahoo.com/phased-us-iran-nuclear-deal-taking-shape-112339907--politics.html
View Quote

You wanna know how I can tell that Kerry sucks at poker?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because US demands started off requiring a reduction in the number of operating centrifuges to a few hundred... and now they are acquiescing to a deal allowing 6500 operating centrifuges?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
why do I think Obama may be secretly hoping the deal goes through....it would give him an excuse not to try and take out their nuclear facilities. The cost in American lives would be too high....
View Quote

He won't attempt to take them out anyway, Israel on the other hand......
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#16]
This is the same Iran that Barack Hussein Chamberlain just capitulated to?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Because US demands started off requiring a reduction in the number of operating centrifuges to a few hundred... and now they are acquiescing to a deal allowing 6500 operating centrifuges?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, Iran will have as many operating centrifuges as Israeli and American computer nerds want them to have.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Meh, Iran will have as many operating centrifuges as Israeli and American computer nerds want them to have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

And the Cyberwar goes both ways.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1716811_The_NSA_Acknowledges_What_We_All_Feared__Iran_Learns_From_US_Cyberattacks.html

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/233463-cyber-war-heating-up-between-iran-us
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top