BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You OC Idiots fucking killed the OC bill in Florida a couple of years back.

Florida had and still has a GOP Supermajority. We had a bill that was fast tracked for the Governor's desk. Then you OC idiots started doing stupid shit... what happened?

If Florida, you can legally OC is hunting, fishing, or camping. So a bunch of numb nuts started to go to every major city in Florida and start fishing while OCing. Places like Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, Melbourne, etc... places where a lot of scared Susie Homemakers live. They all started gettjng scared because OC Idiots yelled and screamed stupid shit while strapping the biggest fucking hog leg they could find.

All the hard work, effort, and money that was spent in lobbying, campaigning, and promoting went down the drain. The NRA, United Sportsmen of Florida, and SAF lost all that hard work because asshats... like you... couldn't keep their proverbial dicks in their pants.

And just to give you a heads up.... I was one of the many people spending my hard earned money and time in meeting with elected officials in trying to get OC to Florida.

But thanks... your kind fucking deserves to be throat punched and left to die in the desert for all the fuck ups they cause.

Right now we have a Campus Carry bill that just made it out of committee and is scheduled for a floor vote. Guess what... I've been working on that too as had many others. We haven't been doing it dressed like asshats and scaring the fuck out of folks. It's been through stroking the egos of elected officials and getting them to play nice.

View Quote

Well fucking put.

Being belligerent with guns to elected officials ain't winning anyone over.  Add borderline threats, and all you do is have them thinking the general public SHOULDN'T have guns, much less be able to carry them in public.

OC was looking good in TX, then these tards showed up.  It's so stupid it makes you think they gotta be funded by Bloomberg.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, because what we look like & wear has anything to do with rights...

Let's start there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
HOLY SHIT! WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS!!!

Texans, I strongly encourage you to set up a meeting with the board members of VCDL. They can help you set up a system that works. This current crop of dumbass idiots who want to threaten and argue with politicians is incredibly dumb and short sighted. Thats one congressman who will NEVER vote for anything pro-gun now.

See here? Normal people who politely talk with their elected officials.
http://www.vcdl.org/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/DSC_0026.jpg

Stupid OCT douchebags.
http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/9422/pols_feature25.jpg

Do you see the difference?

Those of you who are not OCT douchebags need to find a way to rein them in. They are destroying your cause and hurting ALL law abiding gun owners.

http://images.dailykos.com/images/90323/large/How_to_open_carry_1_.jpg?1403304890
http://i1.wp.com/gunmartblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Open-Carry-Activists.png

Reminder that people in Texas can't open carry handguns.
But they can open carry a empty holster as a sign of protest.  

http://www.dispatch.com/content/graphics/2012/04/05/empty-holster-protest-art-g93gnsi8-1empty-holster-protest-jq-2-jpg.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2012/09/27/student-4_3.jpg

Thats a start, now if they can bathe, groom themselves, and wear decent clothes then the politicians might start listening to them.

Yeah, because what we look like & wear has anything to do with rights...

Let's start there.

Look. Another person who can't tell the difference between expression of rights and trying to influence politicians.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
  You OC Idiots fucking killed the OC bill in Florida a couple of years back.

Florida had and still has a GOP Supermajority. We had a bill that was fast tracked for the Governor's desk. Then you OC idiots started doing stupid shit... what happened?

If Florida, you can legally OC is huntinf, fishing, or camping. So a bunch of numb nuts started to go to every major city in Florida and start fishing while OCing. Places like Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, Melbourne, etc... places where a lot of scared Susie Homemakers live. They all started gettjng scared because OC Idiots yelled and screamed stupid shit while strapping the biggest fucking hog leg they could find.

All the hard work, effort, and money that was spent in lobbying, campaigning, and promoting went down the drain. The NRA, United Sportsmen of Florida, and SAF lost all that hard work because asshats... like you... couldn't keep their proverbial dicks in their pants.

And just to give you a heads up.... I was one of the many people soending my hard earned money and time in meeting with elected officials in trying to get OC to Florida.

But thanks... your kind fucking deserves to be throat punched and left to die in the desert for all the fuck ups they cause.

Right now we have a Campus Carry bill that just made it out of committee and is scheduled for a floor vote. Guess what... I've been working on that too as had many others. We haven't been doing it dressed like asshats and scaring the fuck out of folks. It's been through stroking the egos of elected officials and getting them to play nice.

View Quote

Wow, you really don't know me or understand my perspectives.

Thanks for that rant that proves my assertion that this kind of venting serves no purpose except that of self-servitude. I had nothing to do with anything that occurred as you recall it.

As I sit here in my home state of FL, I am very upset my right to OC was left behind in my now state of residence. My right to Constituional carry fails to exist when I leave my state just irks me to no end.

I feel the same as you as I remember as a child when OC was taken away from FL residents. I was only 8 but it sticks in my memory as a very bad time.

Maybe these saboteurs are just that. Maybe not. Maybe they are just as passionate as you are, just misguided in their actions.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Answer the question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never once said I agreed with OCTC or their tactics.

What I am trying to get people to realize is that dog piling on these types of antics helps no-one except the dog-pilers.

But carry on.

Should moderate Muslims disavow acts of terror perpetrated by Islamic groups?

Good point.

Do you allow your perceptions of Muslims be altered by the actions of radicals?

Answer the question.

Yes they should. That is obvious.

But how they do so still reflects on the religion as a whole.

That leads you to answer my question...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm fairly convinced that some number of these nuts are false flag gun control advocates.

How much time, money, people and effort is required to lobby for legislation or organize boycotts of businesses?  Probably a lot.

How much time, money, people and effort is required to do something stupid enough that you scare people into implementing small slices of gun control?  Not very much.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm the first to say that being an asshole doesn't persuade anyone, hence my interest in this topic.  These guys have been repeatedly approached by the people who are getting things done for gun rights, who know what works and what doesn't work.  They have all been rejected, some of them multiple times.  Pretty much the only thing left is to make enough noise that anyone who goes looking for information on open carriers behaving badly finds a bunch of gun rights advocates criticizing the behavior.  This at least shows that we're not all retards, and that advancement of gun rights won't lead to Mad Max style anarchy.

Sorry to say it's come to that, but it has.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you'd never attempt to correct someone who is hurting a cause of yours?

Notice I was in the middle of editing my response to include another comment... Sry.

I am not saying that at all.

What I take a particular issue with is the manner in which that corrective action occurs.

Does name calling & unconstructive ridicule serve any other purpose than to cause division & strife?

I'm the first to say that being an asshole doesn't persuade anyone, hence my interest in this topic.  These guys have been repeatedly approached by the people who are getting things done for gun rights, who know what works and what doesn't work.  They have all been rejected, some of them multiple times.  Pretty much the only thing left is to make enough noise that anyone who goes looking for information on open carriers behaving badly finds a bunch of gun rights advocates criticizing the behavior.  This at least shows that we're not all retards, and that advancement of gun rights won't lead to Mad Max style anarchy.

Sorry to say it's come to that, but it has.

Thank you for your candid input.

If they are indeed plants on the other side, or at the very least derelict purveyors of an incorrect methodology for change, does it help to stoop to an equivalent level of childishness in dealing with them?

We all need to remember that all sides read this forum & the blazer we wear here reflects as impactively as what they do.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

The answer is yes. My opinion of Islam as a faith takes into consideration the actions of the fringe members as well as the willingness of those in the middle to disavow said actors.

I'm not overly concerned with whether or not that is "fair" to the Religion of Peace. That's what comes with associating ones self to a larger collective.

Much like participating in GD threads places me at risk of being lumped into public opinion with '13ers. As a community we have an obligation to police our own which is why we have things like a CoC preventing certain "thine selves" from being "true".
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm fairly convinced that some number of these nuts are false flag gun control advocates.

How much time, money, people and effort is required to lobby for legislation or organize boycotts of businesses?  Probably a lot.

How much time, money, people and effort is required to do something stupid enough that you scare people into implementing small slices of gun control?  Not very much.
View Quote

So let's get to outing them for what they are. Not giving self-induced black eyes with stereotype style verbal bashing that only lowers the perception of quality among our ranks.

Perhaps that does as much to hurt our cause as their antics.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So let's get to outing them for what they are. Not giving self-induced black eyes with stereotype style verbal bashing that only lowers the perception of quality among our ranks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought we already did. They are morons acting counter-productive to the goals they seek to achieve.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget this band of "freedom fighters" a week before Republicans blocked all Democrat federal gun control.

Jeffrey Scott Shapiro, a former prosecutor for the District of Columbia who now works with the Second Amendment Foundation, thinks Kokesh’s protest is bad idea.

Adam Kokesh admits mental instability, calls for armed march on D.C.

S 649
Ban assault weapons

S 649
Ban high-capacity magazines

S 649
Expand background checks

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The answer is yes. My opinion of Islam as a faith takes into consideration the actions of the fringe members as well as the willingness of those in the middle to disavow said actors.

I'm not overly concerned with whether or not that is "fair" to the Religion of Peace. That's what comes with associating ones self to a larger collective.

Much like participating in GD threads places me at risk of being lumped into public opinion with '13ers. As a community we have an obligation to police our own which is why we have things like a CoC preventing certain "thine selves" from being "true".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you judge people according to their join dates to a website? Doesn't that seem a bit foolish given wisdom of judging people by the color of their skin, a book by its cover, etc?

So you would prefer to be non CoC compliant?

If venting is what you need then feel free to IM me & let me know what you really want to say. Have no fear, I won't report you if you do.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So you judge people according to their join dates to a website? Doesn't that seem a bit foolish given wisdom of judging peoe by the color of their skin, a book by its cover, etc?

If venting is what you need then feel free to IM me & let me know what you really want to say. Have no fear, I won't report you if you do.

View Quote

I can see we're going to have to dumb this down a bit.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. Join date, within the context of this forum, is what is known as "an indicator". It has held true more often than not and, thusly, is not the worst place from which to begin forming an opinion of someone. You can feel free to alter my perception but you're not doing great so far.

CoC is the standard for behavior on this forum. Some people have issues adhering to that standard. Are they "being true to themselves" by ignoring local convention and behaving as they wish or are they just assholes?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I thought we already did. They are morons acting counter-productive to the goals they seek to achieve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You haven't proven or unveiled the guise at all. You, or anyone else doesn't know the real story.

People in TX need to find the connection if they exist & out them publicly. Verbal abusiveness on a website serves no purpose to this respect.

I simply ask you to consider this for what it is: I am imploring you to step to a higher moral ground in your fight against those that serve to sabotage our efforts.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never been the type of guy who attributes malice to actions that can be explained by simple stupidity, but OC advocates test the limits of my common sense and patience.

It doesn't matter at this point if they're false flag plants, or funded by Bloomberg. The end result is the same.

Stop giving anti-gunners a loaded weapon to shoot us in the dick with. Just stop it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#15]
No, you implied that an earlier poster was arguing that people who do not dress or behave in a certain manner do not have the same inherent individual rights as the rest of us; but that wasn't what the poster was arguing - they were arguing that OCTC were harmful to the Second Amendment and not effective advocates for their cause. So did you not understand the post you responded to? Did you not understand it even after I pointed out the discontinuity in your response - TWICE? What is it about that question that so bothers you that even now, you don't want to give a simple "yes or no" answer to whether you understand the distinction I was describing but instead are trying to shift the topic to whether you agreed with OCTC tactics?
View Quote

So gtfoxy, are you going to answer those questions?  If those are too difficult, let me propose an alternate series:

1) Do you not want to answer the question regarding the distinction because a "Yes" answer would show you were deliberately misconstruing a previous poster's statement in order to try and score points/incite discord?
2) How do you reconcile deliberately misconstruing the main theme of the person you are replying to with your more recent general argument that we should all be understanding and helpful towards one another and that dogpiling is not helpful?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I've never been the type of guy who attributes malice to actions that can be explained by simple stupidity, but OC advocates test the limits of my common sense and patience.

View Quote

It doesn't matter at this point if they're false flag plants, or funded by Bloomberg. The end result is the same.

Stop giving anti-gunners a loaded weapon to shoot us in the dick with. Just stop it.

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Stereotypes exist for a reason. Join date, within the context of this forum, is what is known as "an indicator". It has held true more often than not and, thusly, is not the worst place from which to begin forming an opinion of someone. You can feel free to alter my perception but you're not doing great so far.

CoC is the standard for behavior on this forum. Some people have issues adhering to that standard. Are they "being true to themselves" by ignoring local convention and behaving as they wish or are they just assholes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you judge people according to their join dates to a website? Doesn't that seem a bit foolish given wisdom of judging peoe by the color of their skin, a book by its cover, etc?

Maybe they are assholes & if coming to a given CoC standard does limit their expression of self identity. At the same time I have no delusions they are being improved by this restraint.

No need to dumb anything down for me.

Stereotypes exist primarily as a system of control of a given populous. Both the controlled as well as the controller. History shows this dogma quite well. You represent yourself as a cog in that machine.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You haven't proven or unveiled the guise at all. You, or anyone else doesn't know the real story.

People in TX need to find the connection if they exist & out them publicly. Verbal abusiveness on a website serves no purpose to this respect.

I simply ask you to consider this for what it is: I am imploring you to step to a higher moral ground in your fight against those that serve to sabotage our efforts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Our" efforts?   You claim  to be in Florida and list Wisconsin as a location, yet counsel Texans on how to  deal with a idiot problem.    
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The flamers didn't and haven't helped the Gay Community. The gay community has been making gains due to folks in three piece suits lobbying the shit oit of elected officials.  

They look at the flamers the same way we look at the OC Tards.

Precisely, and I've had gay people tell me that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sometimes I think about the OC D-bags and am reminded of the flamboyant gays from not so long ago. They took a lot of abuse. People thought they were abnormalities that did not represent the views of the community. Many in the community wanted them to go away and stop bringing unwanted attention.
Look where we are now.

The flamers didn't and haven't helped the Gay Community. The gay community has been making gains due to folks in three piece suits lobbying the shit oit of elected officials.  

Precisely, and I've had gay people tell me that.

"Normal" Gay folks cringe at the Blatant and Disgusting asshattery that goes on at things like the San Fran Pride parades just as much as we do.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not just that-  we also started seeing gays in sitcoms that SHOWED us that they weren't all flamers.  Will and Grace is the primetime example- sure one of them was a goofy little flamer, but the other one was just a normal guy who likes dudes.  

The media will not be doing the Second Amendment that same favor anytime soon.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sometimes I think about the OC D-bags and am reminded of the flamboyant gays from not so long ago. They took a lot of abuse. People thought they were abnormalities that did not represent the views of the community. Many in the community wanted them to go away and stop bringing unwanted attention.
Look where we are now.

Not just that-  we also started seeing gays in sitcoms that SHOWED us that they weren't all flamers.  Will and Grace is the primetime example- sure one of them was a goofy little flamer, but the other one was just a normal guy who likes dudes.  

The media will not be doing the Second Amendment that same favor anytime soon.  

The closest they came was Top Shots.....and evne then they wove in enough scripted asshattery.... But as much as i happen to LIKE Joe Meux, and Glenn Fleming, SoG didnt help things, nor did the American Guns show... One showed a lot of mouth breathing and Nevah Bin Dun Befoah, the other showed Arrogant assholes with absolutely ridiculous pricing....
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It must be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you agree with an elitist persona requirement before as an aid to being taken seriously? Rights & opinions only matter when represented by a particular class?

Apparently this is difficult.  

It must be.

I for one am shocked  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Maybe they are assholes & if coming to a given CoC standard does limit their expression of self identity. At the same time I have no delusions they are being improved by this restraint.

Stereotypes exist primarily as a system of control of a given populous. Both the controlled as well as the controller. History shows this dogma quite well. You represent yourself as a cog in that machine.

View Quote

I am gradually coming to the conclusion that you are not a fan of joinder. Care to regale us with your theories on raising children?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I am gradually coming to the conclusion that you are not a fan of joinder. Care to regale us with your theories on raising children?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bet you're wearing your gold-fringed Naval underwear..arent you??????  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So gtfoxy, are you going to answer those questions?  If those are too difficult, let me propose an alternate series:

1) Do you not want to answer the question regarding the distinction because a "Yes" answer would show you were deliberately misconstruing a previous poster's statement in order to try and score points/incite discord?
2) How do you reconcile deliberately misconstruing the main theme of the person you are replying to with your more recent general argument that we should all be understanding and helpful towards one another and that dogpiling is not helpful?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No, you implied that an earlier poster was arguing that people who do not dress or behave in a certain manner do not have the same inherent individual rights as the rest of us; but that wasn't what the poster was arguing - they were arguing that OCTC were harmful to the Second Amendment and not effective advocates for their cause. So did you not understand the post you responded to? Did you not understand it even after I pointed out the discontinuity in your response - TWICE? What is it about that question that so bothers you that even now, you don't want to give a simple "yes or no" answer to whether you understand the distinction I was describing but instead are trying to shift the topic to whether you agreed with OCTC tactics?

My apologies for not answering directly.

Yes I understood what the original post & subsequent posts were getting at.

My questions were to hopefully incite thought & was to exhibit that while I do not agree with their actions, nor advocate for them, I see these threads as free bashing, to a point, on anyone who wishes to open carry

When I see comment like "OC'ers are stupid" or "OC'ers hurt our cause." I am prompted to responds to that stereotypical labeling.

I open carry where I live. I CC where I live. It is a freedom I relish. When I enter an establishment in my town or surrounding towns in either capacity I am treated as a friend & fellow citizen. I am not looked at like a loon by those that choose to not do so. Certainly not by those that do so also.

Thusly I find it a bit disconcerting when I see this stereotype propagated against OC on a gun forum that should be accepting of the individuals rights.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Great article
My favorite line.

"The gun ban crowd is having a field day because every time they think they’re losing, Kory Watkins and his circus sideshow give them a neverending belt of anti-gun ammo to use against us."

The disscussion is interesting.  I liked this comment.

"Brandishing is very different than OC"

For the record I have opened carry most of my life in Arizona with out a problem, but never felt the need to show out by bringing a rifle into a fast food restaurant.  side arm holstered, no problem with that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you vote for or support Ron Paul?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off topic but...

I raise my children to respect others Rights.

I raise my children to Love one another first & foremost.

When I here one of my children calling someone stupid, dumb or an idiot I let them know that is not acceptable. What people do can be wrong or not the smartest thing to do, but I insist they do not judge the individual.

I teach them that what every judgement they pass they will be judged accordingly by.

That is the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My questions were to hopefully incite thought & was to exhibit that while I do not agree with their actions, nor advocate for them, I see these threads as free bashing, to a point, on anyone who wishes to open carry

When I see comment like "OC'ers are stupid" or "OC'ers hurt our cause." I am prompted to responds to that stereotypical labeling.

I open carry where I live. I CC where I live. It is a freedom I relish. When I enter an establishment in my town or surrounding towns in either capacity I am treated as a friend & fellow citizen. I am not looked at like a loon by those that choose to not do so. Certainly not by those that do so also.

Thusly I find it a bit disconcerting when I see this stereotype propagated against OC on a gun forum that should be accepting of the individuals rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you understood what the original post was getting at; but chose to misconstrue that and my initial response to it in the hopes that it would "incite thought."    Meanwhile, we should not dogpile on people who threaten their elected representative while open carrying because that is not helpful.  Does that roughly sum it up?

I can understand why you wouldn't want to be stereotyped in a manner that lumps you in with these idiots.  In fact, if you think about it, I'm sure that is the driving force behind a lot of the anger directed at them in this thread - people who know they are going to be stereotypically lumped in at these idiots because they are all gun owners.  I'm just a bit surprised that you blame the people responding that way rather than the people who went out to provoke exactly that kind of response in the misguided belief that it was going to somehow lead others to RKBA enlightment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not especially.

I am quite stingy with who I support in various capacities.

You will have a very hard time labeling me if you are attempting to do so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I love how many people on this site defend the OC movement. You can't spend any time around an OCer and not come away with the opinion that they are an attention whoring risk to the entire movement. LOOK AT MY GUN! NOW LOOK AT ME!

We all want the right to OC. But most important is the right to actually bear the arms on our person. And for most of us, in most situations, that means concealed.

BUT I CAN DRAW FASTER!!!! Great, maybe you should train more.

BUT THEY MIGHT THINK I AM THE POLEEEEEC!!!! AND BE AFRAID!!!!! At least double down and drive a used Crown Vic then.

BUT FREEDOM!!!!! Okay snowboots, you retards are like 0 and 9 for improving existing gun laws.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

How many of these OC tards are actually antis who are covertly trying to do harm by acting like a retarded firearm owner?

View Quote

Is there a shortage of actual retarded firearms owners?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How many of these OC tards are actually antis who are covertly trying to do harm by acting like a retarded firearm owner?

Unfortunately, no.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So you understood what the original post was getting at; but chose to misconstrue that and my initial response to it in the hopes that it would "incite thought."    Meanwhile, we should not dogpile on people who threaten their elected representative while open carrying because that is not helpful.  Does that roughly sum it up?

I can understand why you wouldn't want to be stereotyped in a manner that lumps you in with these idiots.  In fact, if you think about it, I'm sure that is the driving force behind a lot of the anger directed at them in this thread - people who know they are going to be stereotypically lumped in at these idiots because they are all gun owners.  I'm just a bit surprised that you blame the people responding that way rather than the people who went out to provoke exactly that kind of response in the misguided belief that it was going to somehow lead others to RKBA enlightment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I obviously did, as I said long ago.

Many of you simu misunderstood my angle of questioning this stereotyping I see on both sides of the subject.

Anger towards actions is often the pathway to evil thought patterns. Do I like the thought of being lumped with them? Not especially. At the same time what can I do about it here on this forum? i don't think it helps cursing then & going off it fits of rage. It may make me feel better but it doesn't help, IMO. I do not blame them for their anger at these antics, I am saddened by the situation on both sides.

I am saddened that our rights have been so eroded that we have to fight for them by being cogs in the system. I hate that people hold stereotypical judgement of larger populous was based on the actions of a few.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Off topic but...

When I here one of my children calling someone stupid, dumb or an idiot I let them know that is not acceptable. What people do can be wrong or not the smartest thing to do, but I insist they do not judge the individual.

I teach them that what every judgement they pass they will be judged accordingly by.

That is the beginning.
View Quote

I'm assuming you also establish boundaries and teach things like table manners?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I love how many people on this site defend the OC movement. You can't spend any time around an OCer and not come away with the opinion that they are an attention whoring risk to the entire movement. LOOK AT MY GUN! NOW LOOK AT ME!

We all want the right to OC. But most important is the right to actually bear the arms on our person. And for most of us, in most situations, that means concealed.

BUT THEY MIGHT THINK I AM THE POLEEEEEC!!!! AND BE AFRAID!!!!! At least double down and drive a used Crown Vic then.

BUT FREEDOM!!!!! Okay snowboots, you retards are like 0 and 9 for improving existing gun laws.
View Quote

Today's word is "Stereotype"...

& the stereotyping continues. You stereotype not only those that OC but also those that carry not at all.

I think none of those things when I OC. I use the circumstances of the day to determine how I carry. As that is my right to do so in my state.

Perhaps you live in an area where people stereotype individuals for OC'ing, especially by those that don't.

What you need to understand is that you are then stereotyping others that do not live in your area as the same minded as those that do.

Where I live we look a bit deeper than a sidearm being seen or unseen. We base our understanding of individuals based on our personal interactions & relationships. We see the need for a deeper existence of mutual respect.

No I do not live in fairly land with unicorns & rainbows. I live in small town Rural America. I live in an area where personal freedom is honored & respected.

As an example our school board has begun working against the weapons ban on school grounds by beginning with local off duty officers allowed to carry on campus. Then we will focus on individuals.

You hurt your own cause when you devour your own. Try to remember that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off topic but...

That is the beginning.

Absolutely. I have a standing rule my boys have to wear shirts at the table (just at this moment I reminded my oldest). No toys or distractions either.

I understand where you are leading.

Let me stop you right there by saying people here are not the sites children. They are adults that have already established their mind sets & habits as well as outlooks on reality. Having a CoC system of structure is not a bad thing. Just let us not be delusional that it inherently alters the individual.

Corrupt politicians can put on the fanciest & most expensive suits, but it is still polishing a turd.

I know people that don't dress in suits but rather old worn out dungarees & they are some of the greatest people I know. They are giving, compassionate, caring & loving. Their clothes are no indicator of what is underneath.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Are you guys still arguing about whether or not its a good idea to dress smart and presentable when lobbying your elected officials?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

& the stereotyping continues. You stereotype not only those that OC but also those that carry not at all.

I think none of those things when I OC. I use the circumstances of the day to determine how I carry. As that is my right to do so in my state.

Perhaps you live in an area where people stereotype individuals for OC'ing, especially by those that don't.

What you need to understand is that you are then stereotyping others that do not live in your area as the same minded as those that do.

Where I live we look a bit deeper than a sidearm being seen or unseen. We base our understanding of individuals based on our personal interactions & relationships. We see the need for a deeper existence of mutual respect.

No I do not live in fairly land with unicorns & rainbows. I live in small town Rural America. I live in an area where personal freedom is honored & respected.

As an example our school board has begun working against the weapons ban on school grounds by beginning with local off duty officers allowed to carry on campus. Then we will focus on individuals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm from small town Wyoming and having small town values doesn't keep me from realizing that these guys might as well be TRYING to hurt our cause.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Are you guys still arguing about whether or not its a good idea to dress smart and presentable when lobbying your elected officials?
View Quote

Apparently, for some folks here. That answer is yes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HOLY SHIT! WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS!!!

Texans, I strongly encourage you to set up a meeting with the board members of VCDL. They can help you set up a system that works. This current crop of dumbass idiots who want to threaten and argue with politicians is incredibly dumb and short sighted. Thats one congressman who will NEVER vote for anything pro-gun now.

See here? Normal people who politely talk with their elected officials.
http://www.vcdl.org/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/DSC_0026.jpg

Stupid OCT douchebags.
http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/9422/pols_feature25.jpg

Do you see the difference?

Those of you who are not OCT douchebags need to find a way to rein them in. They are destroying your cause and hurting ALL law abiding gun owners.

http://images.dailykos.com/images/90323/large/How_to_open_carry_1_.jpg?1403304890
http://i1.wp.com/gunmartblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Open-Carry-Activists.png

Also, Lobby Day (where your photo was taken) isn't just people in suits - there are also lots of bikers in leathers that show up. This year there were also a handful of people with rifles.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Absolutely. I have a standing rule my boys have to wear shirts at the table (just at this moment I reminded my oldest). No toys or distractions either.

Let me stop you right there by saying people here are not the sites children. They are adults that have already established their mind sets & habits as well as outlooks on reality. Having a CoC system of structure is not a bad thing. Just let us not be delusional that it inherently alters the individual.

Corrupt politicians can put on the fanciest & most expensive suits, but it is still polishing a turd.

I know people that don't dress in suits but rather old worn out dungarees & they are some of the greatest people I know. They are giving, compassionate, caring & loving. Their clothes are no indicator of what is underneath.

View Quote

You cling to this point and it remains, demonstrably, incorrect. If you wish to mince around the definition of "inherent" then so be it, but you ignore the fact that behavior is influenced by environment. Groups of dissimilar individuals will, over time, act on a common ground. One need look no further than the tendencies of the GD cesspool.

Whether or not the dungaree wearing mouth breathers that make up the groups in question are, in fact, wonderful people is irrelevant. They are poor and ineffective representatives for their chosen cause and are actively doing damage to the efforts of others. As such, they need to be marginalized as much as possible. Pointing out that they are acting foolishly and inconsistently with the standards of behavior expected of responsible gun owners is appropriate.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I hate these fucking guys.

People like that screwed us here in CA.

"No open carry? Fine, we'll open carry unloaded. ON THE CAPITOL STEPS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF SCARING THE POLITICIANS!!!"

"Well shit, they outlawed unloaded open carry (for some reason)? Then we'll open carry unloaded long guns! ON THE FUCKING CAPITOL STEPS SINCE IT WORKED SO WELL LAST TIME!"

"Shit, they outlawed open carry of unloaded long guns? Well, bye, we're off to Texas to continue the good fight!"

Fucking fuckers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I hate these fucking guys.

People like that screwed us here in CA.

"No open carry? Fine, we'll open carry unloaded. ON THE CAPITOL STEPS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF SCARING THE POLITICIANS!!!"

"Well shit, they outlawed unloaded open carry (for some reason)? Then we'll open carry unloaded long guns! ON THE FUCKING CAPITOL STEPS SINCE IT WORKED SO WELL LAST TIME!"

"Shit, they outlawed open carry of unloaded long guns? Well, bye, we're off to Texas to continue the good fight!"

Fucking fuckers.
View Quote
That just happened in Washington State. You could OC at the Capitol and then these asshats showed up.

This is why we can't have nice things...

This asshat looks like he's ready to shoot the place up.

You have Captain Transgender of the People's Socialist Militia, a stupid girl with a non functioning Sporterized Carcano, and Bain Jr from Batman Dark Knight Returns 2 Electric Boogaloo.

When their powers combine, they fuck the rest if us over.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm from small town Wyoming and having small town values doesn't keep me from realizing that these guys might as well be TRYING to hurt our cause.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You feel this thread has helped in that regard?

Or did it make you feel better to rant?

Honest question. Seeking honest answer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Mr. Kory Watkins of Texas. A barbtender at Olive Garden and a certified Ron Paul moron. Mr. Watkins is a member of Cop Block and OCT.

Dumb ass is doing his Cop Bashing bullshit while Open Carrying.

He is now going to active LE scenes like traffic stops and DUI checkpoints armed. Yeah, dumbass is really helping the 2nd Amendment by provoking LE by being an armed dumbass.

Of course he is being treated by the media as the main public relations speaker for 2nd Amendment issues in Texas.

But, but, but... Open Carry Hurr Durr Herp Derp!

But before him.

There was this asshat.

Ahhh... good old Kwikrnu (Leonard Embody, aka Radnor Lake Rambo). Once an actual member here.

Dumb ass walking around Tennessee with a fucking Draco that had the muzzle covered in orange tape to make it look like a toy.

A man that was so much a great help to the 2nd Amendment, that he forced the State of Tennessee to suspend and revoke his CCW because they feared he was a danger to the public for being mentally unstable due to his actions.

He continued to bait the cops and was looking for a "wrongful arrest" or "wrongful use of force" event so he can sue the shit out of them.

He later had his FFL revoked for felony firearm charges.

Washington State isn't immune either.

Say hello to Gavin Seim.

Gavin Seim headed up his "Will Not Comply" rally on the Capitol Steps and was just recently arrested for stirring up shit in a court room over some other persons traffic ticket. But that's Gavins M.O. He likes to fuck with LEO and court officials. And now he is the 2nd Amendment front man in Washington State.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is one of the largest Firearm related forums online. There are many highly influential and powerful people that have accounts and read here.

Spreading the word out is a good thing, especially when it comes to prevent asshats from ruining a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick one gunowner's method of protesting the WA state law at the Capitol.  Once you've picked one, tell us why you picked it.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You cling to this point and it remains, demonstrably, incorrect. If you wish to mince around the definition of "inherent" then so be it, but you ignore the fact that behavior is influenced by environment. Groups of dissimilar individuals will, over time, act on a common ground. One need look no further than the tendencies of the GD cesspool.

Whether or not the dungaree wearing mouth breathers that make up the groups in question are, in fact, wonderful people is irrelevant. They are poor and ineffective representatives for their chosen cause and are actively doing damage to the efforts of others. As such, they need to be marginalized as much as possible. Pointing out that they are acting foolishly and inconsistently with the standards of behavior expected of responsible gun owners is appropriate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cling to it because it is true.

We use the argument "criminals don't abide by the Law" when used as a rebuttal for more gun laws, so we acknowledge that rules do not inherently change people's actions when not being monitored. Do you think the CoC rules of this forum have any residual effect on individuals that would otherwise choose to act outside those boundaries?

What your first paragraph describes is Mob mentality. I am not easily swayed by such social concepts so as to have them impact my behavior. I refuse to be swayed by societal influences that degrade my actions.

While what you say in your second paragraph is true. We must be careful how we present ourselves in this regard.

Responsible gun ownership means responsibility in regard to, as you eluded to, appropriatene behavior that sheds a positive light there-of.

That is all I am asking. That we perhaps think about that outward projection of responsibility that we say we posses.

We do ourselves no favors by acting in self-servant behavior that serves no other purpose than to portray a vulgar & backbiting existence. Or else we find we are no better than those we vehemently attack.

These "Suited" individuals, or those pictures as clean cut & professional pictured I think his thread, do they act as individuals have in threads like this one?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Yup.... this surely works in our favor!

Fucking douchebags
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick one gunowner's method of protesting the WA state law at the Capitol.  Once you've picked one, tell us why you picked it.  

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Jason-McMillon.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10408552_799750460080002_7408028121194924176_n.jpg?oh=71f5af5eaa827601969375886675e132&oe=556F55E0&__gda__=1428942936_0aee8fec4fe1c75df7dd2ab5139f60fc

It is obvious by my demeanor in this thread is it not?

What I am trying to impart on you & others is that when you lash out with vulgar language & judgement you actually show yourself not so different than that which you are trying to combat.

Would you stand in front of a camera & use obscenities & vulgar language to get your point across?

Well, the camera is on this site so-to-speak, so I ask you: Which do you wish to portray?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top