BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The problem is, if your kid smashes a window, you can see the damage and know the cost of buying a new one. How was JV damaged to the tune of 2 million? The fact that Kyle made money off the book is in no way, shape, or form evidence that JV was damaged.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much did the movie and book make? Kyle said that stuff pimping the book

What the penguin said.

Pretty much this.

It doesn't change the fact that Ventura isn't a whore for every nickel he can get, by doing doing whatever he has to do to get it - that was decided by the sham of a job he chose to do for a living.

All that aside, if somebody totally made up a huge ass fabrication about me, in order to do nothing but make money off it, I think I'd be totally pissed too. I don't think many here old be any different either.

If the book & the movie are making money for 'whoever' partly due to untrue comments about someone that amount to slander, then part of the proceeds of that book & movie are due to that person from 'whoever'. That's just the way it is & the way it should be.

You have to look at situations like this just like you would if it was one of your kids; we're all human, we all make mistakes. Chris Kyle made a mistake. If your kid knocked out your neighbors window it doesn't matter if your neighbor is Jesse Ventura, your kid owes your neighbor a new, installed window - period.  He should do it with a smile & a sincere apology, because that is the right thing to do. If it was my kid, he'd be doing it standing up, because he would be able to set down for a while. If it was my kid & he broke the window intentionally, that apology would have to be made standing, because he wouldn't be able to set down for a while (If you don't believe me, you can ask one of my kids!)

You're not going to love your kid less for what he did, you're going to love him more for doing the right thing. It sure doesn't diminish or detract from the wonderful things your kid has done or the joy & pride he's brought you. You just hope all have learned from it & move on...

The problem is, if your kid smashes a window, you can see the damage and know the cost of buying a new one. How was JV damaged to the tune of 2 million? The fact that Kyle made money off the book is in no way, shape, or form evidence that JV was damaged.

I also don't believe it caused 1.8 million worth of damage. Perhaps the sum is the amount he perceives Kyle made from sales related to the story?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

These are men of honor who testified under oath that it happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle told a BS story about beating up a former UDT member turned nut job that is a common name so it would help Kyle push more books. The body called him out as a buddy fucker and the courts agreed with him. Is JV a nut job? absolutely. Did Kyle tell a made up story to make money? absolutely. He should have left that shit out of the book along with a few other stories. Chris Kyle is a huge stud and the truth was more then enough when it comes to a amazing story.

Totally false post.

Witnesses testified under oath that JV was in an altercation with Chris Kyle.

Witnesses rebut Ventura's assertion that fight was a lie

John Kelly III, dressed in full U.S. Navy SEAL uniform, testified next and said that he saw Ventura lying on his back on a sidewalk outside McP’s moments after Ventura faced off with Kyle.

Kelly, a special operator 1st class SEAL, said that he had seen Kyle facing Ventura moments earlier, but did not see Kyle punch Ventura.

Former SEAL Lt. Cmdr. Andrew Paul said he saw a commotion, then saw Ventura get up from the patio floor and yell that he was going to kill Chris Kyle.

Afterward, Paul said, “Chris told me, ‘Jesse was running his mouth and I punched him.’”

http://www.startribune.com/local/267170441.html

These are men of honor who testified under oath that it happened.

They didnt testify it happened. One testified he didnt see it happen, the other testified Kyle told him it happened.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The fact remains the court ruled in favor of Ventura. All the whining isn't going to change that. If there is such damning evidence to the contrary that the Sunday morning Clarence Darrows assert,then they should notify the Kyle defense team immediately to make their  legal expertise available for the appeal. I'm sure they would be grateful.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He's going after the publisher of the book now.  Just read that in the newspaper recently.
View Quote
He should.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.

This.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I watched that video when it was first aired and believed every word of it.

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Of course it was easy to believe. JV is a well known douche so it was easy to believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.

Of course it was easy to believe. JV is a well known douche so it was easy to believe.
And now Chris is a well-known liar. It's a shame, really, as that lie was not necessary to selling the book or for augmenting Kyle's reputation. It was just stupid.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So Ventura is a buddy fucker for suing Kyle's estate, but Kyle's not a buddy fucker for lying about him saying "seals must die" and making up a story about beating up Ventura to pitch his book on some zoo crew morning drive show?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't give a good god damn if he lied. He was dead and Jesse stole money from a Widow and his Orphans.

The Estate is there to provide for his widow.

Buddy fucker piece of shit.
So Ventura is a buddy fucker for suing Kyle's estate, but Kyle's not a buddy fucker for lying about him saying "seals must die" and making up a story about beating up Ventura to pitch his book on some zoo crew morning drive show?  
Yep. GD Dinduism: "Mah Chris Kyle dindu nuffink!"

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Ventura would look real good right now if he forgave the debt.  He got the story out in the open and I doubt he needs the money.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They didnt testify it happened. One testified he didnt see it happen, the other testified Kyle told him it happened.
View Quote

Try not to get in the way of blind hero worship.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ventura would look real good right now if he forgave the debt.  He got the story out in the open and I doubt he needs the money.
View Quote

he needs a haircut, hes starting to look like Yoda
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much did the movie and book make? Kyle said that stuff pimping the book

What the penguin said.

Pretty much this.

It doesn't change the fact that Ventura isn't a whore for every nickel he can get, by doing doing whatever he has to do to get it - that was decided by the sham of a job he chose to do for a living.

All that aside, if somebody totally made up a huge ass fabrication about me, in order to do nothing but make money off it, I think I'd be totally pissed too. I don't think many here old be any different either.

If the book & the movie are making money for 'whoever' partly due to untrue comments about someone that amount to slander, then part of the proceeds of that book & movie are due to that person from 'whoever'. That's just the way it is & the way it should be.

You have to look at situations like this just like you would if it was one of your kids; we're all human, we all make mistakes. Chris Kyle made a mistake. If your kid knocked out your neighbors window it doesn't matter if your neighbor is Jesse Ventura, your kid owes your neighbor a new, installed window - period.  He should do it with a smile & a sincere apology, because that is the right thing to do. If it was my kid, he'd be doing it standing up, because he would be able to set down for a while. If it was my kid & he broke the window intentionally, that apology would have to be made standing, because he wouldn't be able to set down for a while (If you don't believe me, you can ask one of my kids!)

You're not going to love your kid less for what he did, you're going to love him more for doing the right thing. It sure doesn't diminish or detract from the wonderful things your kid has done or the joy & pride he's brought you. You just hope all have learned from it & move on...

Thats what the civil court system is for. Jury of their piers decided it, I didn't.

I'm in the camp you couldn't do much to hurt his 'reputation', but I'd have probably been willing to give him $1.

This isn't fergadishu & Al Sharpton isn't our leader. Court saw all the evidence & the jury decided. We don't have to be happy about it, but that's the way it is.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Killing Looters

Includes the car jacker story and Katrina.
Probably the best article on Kyle

I think JV is just a crazy sob and suing Kyle's family was not necessary.

Neither men have the best reputations when it comes to honesty.

Which is too bad honestly, especially for Kyle as he really didn't need to embellish his story.

ETA:
So I don't get it, do he not like Kyle anymore?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ventura should have dropped the whole thing after Kyle's murder, or only have taken the insurance money.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Killing Looters

Which is too bad honestly, especially for Kyle as he really didn't need to embellish his story.
Ventura should have dropped the whole thing after Kyle's murder, or only have taken the insurance money.  

Agreed, but he would have been best served if he just dropped it. Really puts him in a bad light regardless of the "he said she said" crap.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Agreed, but he would have been best served if he just dropped it. Really puts him in a bad light regardless of the "he said she said" crap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Killing Looters

No, if he dropped it, everyone would have assumed Kyle was right and JV really did say all that stuff.

I'm dropping this lawsuit to help the family grieve.

Even my response would be "Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre"
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Once Kyle died, this was never going to end any other way.

Kyle's wife couldn't say her husband lied, and even if she did it wouldn't have mattered. The only way JV could be vindicated would be through a trial. No one would have believed anything other than Kyle's version if there was a settlement. I know I wouldn't have. Neither would anyone else.

The damages were attorney's fees in clearing his name. It isn't much of a name to clear at this point, but this turned out the only way it was going to turn out since Kyle couldn't go on TV and say he lied since he was dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Killing Looters

Probably the article on Kyle

Kyle's wife couldn't say her husband lied, and even if she did it wouldn't have mattered. The only way JV could be vindicated would be through a trial. No one would have believed anything other than Kyle's version if there was a settlement. I know I wouldn't have. Neither would anyone else.

The damages were attorney's fees in clearing his name. It isn't much of a name to clear at this point, but this turned out the only way it was going to turn out since Kyle couldn't go on TV and say he lied since he was dead.

CK had opportunities before his death. IIRC, Ventura initially asked CK to retract.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The fact remains the court ruled in favor of Ventura. All the whining isn't going to change that. If there is such damning evidence to the contrary that the Sunday morning Clarence Darrows assert,then they should notify the Kyle defense team immediately to make their  legal expertise available for the appeal. I'm sure they would be grateful.
View Quote

You really don't know how civil trials work do you?  There is no "beyond a reasonable doubt" evidence requirement.  It quite often all boils down to who the jury can be convinced to believe or feel sorry for. In this case, a well known celebrity vs a dead guy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Or HARP being a government weather control device or that the military in Iraq were the duped mercenaries of a corporate plot and thus traitors. Did anyone even watch one of his crappy shows on TV?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

Nobody seems to remember JV and all the media time he got saying 9-11 was an inside job.

Or HARP being a government weather control device or that the military in Iraq were the duped mercenaries of a corporate plot and thus traitors. Did anyone even watch one of his crappy shows on TV?

So Kyle saying JV was trashing the military was ruining JV's life? I dont understand. JV being a loon truther is doing much more damage.

Also, those who say the estate is going to pay the fines, what the hell you think an estate is? It's what get passed on to kyles wife when he dies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You really don't know how civil trials work do you?  There is no "beyond a reasonable doubt" evidence requirement.  It quite often all boils down to who the jury can be convinced to believe or feel sorry for. In this case, a well known celebrity vs a dead guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this case, it wasn't that they felt sorry for JV, but found it hard to feel sorry for CK.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So Kyle saying JV was trashing the military was ruining JV's life? I dont understand. JV being a loon truther is doing much more damage.

Also, those who say the estate is going to pay the fines, what the hell you think an estate is? It's what get passed on to kyles wife when he dies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

Nobody seems to remember JV and all the media time he got saying 9-11 was an inside job.

It's not like they'll be destitute or the kids will have to get jobs at 12 to support mom.

They will still be "comfortable".
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's not like they'll be destitute or the kids will have to get jobs at 12 to support mom.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

I am no saying they won't be able to make ends meet, but I wanted just to clarify that the estate is what the wife needs to raise the kids. People often think they two are different.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#27]
You see this shit a lot with the Stolen Valor guys

Many of them had respectable military careers and records to be proud and envy. But they gotta embellish some shit and its a shame...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

CK had opportunities before his death. IIRC, Ventura initially asked CK to retract.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Killing Looters

Sure he did but do you think even if alive he would have?

Two people with questionable recollection, embellishing and out right lying are arguing? Can anyone ever believe either side?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I am no saying they won't be able to make ends meet, but I wanted just to clarify that the estate is what the wife needs to raise the kids. People often think they two are different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

What about his Navy pension?  Don't the kids get a social security benefit till their 18? Is she not capable of working 40 hours a week??
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't see why all the butt hurt...Kyle lied, got sued, died tragically, douche Ventura continues with lawsuit even after man is dead, Kyle found guilty after death, estate ordered has to pay damages.  This was a douche thing for Ventura to continue with after Kyle's death but he was not the one to cause this mess.  Legally, Ventura is in the right but if he wanted to be a "better man" he could have handled all this differently.  He was looking for a payday and found it.  I am sorry Kyle's wife will have to pay out of pocket for a part of it but is it fair for her to keep all the money made from a book that included a lie that was also repeated numerous times which did defame a person?  In my eyes both parties are wrong for different reasons but we have laws that deal with this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/06/03/in-the-crosshairs

Why would someone even make up and publish that shit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Police officers arrived at the scene. When they ran Kyle’s license, Mooney wrote, something unusual occurred: “Instead of his name, address, and date of birth, what came up was a phone number at the Department of Defense. At the other end of the line was someone who explained that the police were in the presence of one of the most skilled fighters in U.S. military history.” According to Kyle, security cameras documented the episode.

That's the thing, it's so outlandish that to believe it, one would have to be fucking retarded.  Every cop and every dispatcher in the nation would know it was bullshit, and Kyle was training cops iirc. Anyway, no one would say that without knowing he'd be called a liar.

And the only evidence of him saying it, was hearsay and the cites are from after he died. Occam's razor is pretty clear here.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Mine says "return to Eduardo Avila, Sr."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police officers arrived at the scene. When they ran Kyle’s license, Mooney wrote, something unusual occurred: "Instead of his name, address, and date of birth, what came up was a phone number at the Department of Defense. At the other end of the line was someone who explained that the police were in the presence of one of the most skilled fighters in U.S. military history.” According to Kyle, security cameras documented the episode.

Mine says "return to Eduardo Avila, Sr."  

And the truth finally comes out as to why the Avila clan moved to Texas
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#36]
No question jv is an ass.  Even so apparently 8 of 10 jurors felt he was wronged. The referenced article said 500k for defamation and 1.3m for unjustified enrichment.    It would seem insurance will pay for the defamation, but not the enrichment.

Anyone know what ck's estate is making on the book sales?  I'd assume the 1.3m number is some percentage of profits?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's the thing, it's so outlandish that to believe it, one would have to be fucking retarded.  Every cop and every dispatcher in the nation would know it was bullshit, and Kyle was training cops iirc. Anyway, no one would say that without knowing he'd be called a liar.

And the only evidence of him saying it, was hearsay and the cites are from after he died. Occam's razor is pretty clear here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police officers arrived at the scene. When they ran Kyle’s license, Mooney wrote, something unusual occurred: “Instead of his name, address, and date of birth, what came up was a phone number at the Department of Defense. At the other end of the line was someone who explained that the police were in the presence of one of the most skilled fighters in U.S. military history.” According to Kyle, security cameras documented the episode.

Oh, you and your facts.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't give a good god damn if he lied. He was dead and Jesse stole money from a Widow and his Orphans.

The Estate is there to provide for his widow.

Buddy fucker piece of shit.

Yep. Funny how that works around here. That said I will be first in line to see this movie.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd like to see a piano fall on Ventura's head.
View Quote

That wouldn't be good enough.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yeah kyle never said that, that was fabricated after his death. That's some Kennedy conspiracy grade stuff.  
View Quote

It's more likely than believing he actually said it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Killing Looters

Looks to me like the additional publicity for the movie is going to more than offset what Ventura is going to get from the estates 'out of pocket' expense. Cheap publicity, really.

Around here we call what this smells of 'cahoots'...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree, you don't slander somebody to make money.  Sad his wife has to now pay for this.  Give JV his money and move on.  CK was still a great american and saved a lot of people, we can all be thankful for that.  It would be nice if JV got the insurance money and then forgave the rest.  We will see and I'll be at the movie on opening day.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Semantics. Who is the beneficiary of the Estate?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semantics. Who is the beneficiary of the Estate?  

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Fuck Jesse Ventura.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Looks to me like the additional publicity for the movie is going to more than offset what Ventura is going to get from the estates 'out of pocket' expense. Cheap publicity, really.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Killing Looters

Jesus you win the windowlicker post of the day.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top