Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Jesus you win the windowlicker post of the day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks to me like the additional publicity for the movie is going to more than offset what Ventura is going to get from the estates 'out of pocket' expense. Cheap publicity, really.

Around here we call what this smells of 'cahoots'...

Thank you!

In accepting this award I'd first like to thank my parents, for not raising a chump.

I'd also like to thank my first grade teacher, Mrs Berry who first saw that I wasn't a total drooling idiot, like everybody else thought, even though it took 4 of the 5 years I had her as a teacher before she realized it.

I can't  go on without thanking you, Frank Drebin, for the nomination ( and I promise to no longer call you Shirley, even if you are dressed like her under the Kevlar )

I'd also like to thank my hero here, Aimless, without who's post I'd have never been able to reply.

The list goes on, but they're waving me off the stage now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thank you!

In accepting this award I'd first like to thank my parents, for not raising a chump.

I'd also like to thank my first grade teacher, Mrs Berry who first saw that I wasn't a total drooling idiot, like everybody else thought.

I can't  go on without thanking you, Frank Drebin, for the nomination ( and I promise to no longer call you Shirley, even if you are dressed like her under the Kevlar )

I'd also like to thank my hero here, Aimless, without who's post I'd have never been able to reply.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks to me like the additional publicity for the movie is going to more than offset what Ventura is going to get from the estates 'out of pocket' expense. Cheap publicity, really.

Thank you!

I'd also like to thank my first grade teacher, Mrs Berry who first saw that I wasn't a total drooling idiot, like everybody else thought.

Well at lease you have a good sense of humor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thank you!

I'd also like to thank my first grade teacher, Mrs Berry who first saw that I wasn't a total drooling idiot, like everybody else thought, even though it took 4 of the 5 years I had her as a teacher before she realized it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

That was my post that Aimless quoted you son of a bitch!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

Shit.

I knew I'd never get everybody included...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yep. Funny how that works around here. That said I will be first in line to see this movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't give a good god damn if he lied. He was dead and Jesse stole money from a Widow and his Orphans.

The Estate is there to provide for his widow.

Buddy fucker piece of shit.
So Ventura is a buddy fucker for suing Kyle's estate, but Kyle's not a buddy fucker for lying about him saying "seals must die" and making up a story about beating up Ventura to pitch his book on some zoo crew morning drive show?  
Yep. GD Dinduism: "Mah Chris Kyle dindu nuffink!"  

Yep. Funny how that works around here. That said I will be first in line to see this movie.
I would like to see it, too.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

Shit.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So all those people in Texas are in on it?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah kyle never said that, that was fabricated after his death. That's some Kennedy conspiracy grade stuff.  

It's more likely than believing he actually said it.
So all those people in Texas are in on it?  

All what people?  I've heard nothing but hearsay about any of it. I'm not saying nothing but 'he said she said' bullshit exists, just that the only thing I've seen is he said she said bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Try not to get in the way of blind hero worship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didnt testify it happened. One testified he didnt see it happen, the other testified Kyle told him it happened.

Try not to get in the way of blind hero worship.

They both testified they saw Ventura on the ground.

Lawsuit was over what was said. Not whether he got smacked.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]
The reason to watch the movie is to watch a fictional story directed by Clint Eastwood (all the ones I can think of were awesome) -- not to watch some firsthand true account of Chris Kyle which unfortunately due to Kyle's numerous fabrications - no one will ever really know.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Funny how 99% of the this site was clamoring for the loser in civil suits to pay all the fees in a recent thread. Now, because a dipwad won, many of those same posters want it the other way.
View Quote

A claim like that should necessarily be accompanied by the posts that prove it to be true don't you think?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, so thats the bullshit you are going to try and pull?  Did you go to Craft International to learn that?

You do remember Ballista's bullshit you quoted and agreed with, claiming it substantiated the claim that Kyle hit Ventura.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally false post.

Witnesses testified under oath that JV was in an altercation with Chris Kyle.

Witnesses rebut Ventura's assertion that fight was a lie

John Kelly III, dressed in full U.S. Navy SEAL uniform, testified next and said that he saw Ventura lying on his back on a sidewalk outside McP’s moments after Ventura faced off with Kyle.

Kelly, a special operator 1st class SEAL, said that he had seen Kyle facing Ventura moments earlier, but did not see Kyle punch Ventura.

Former SEAL Lt. Cmdr. Andrew Paul said he saw a commotion, then saw Ventura get up from the patio floor and yell that he was going to kill Chris Kyle.

Afterward, Paul said, “Chris told me, ‘Jesse was running his mouth and I punched him.’”

http://www.startribune.com/local/267170441.html

These are men of honor who testified under oath that it happened.

You know the quotes where these honorable men saw the fight, but didnt really see the fight, they just heard about from Kyle.  When I pointed out that they didnt see shit, only heard things from Kyle, now the lawsuit is over what was said.  But thats OK, because neither of them testified they heard Ventura say a god damned thing either, only what Kyle told them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I watched that video when it was first aired and believed every word of it.

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.
View Quote
Yep.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Off topic but we all know Kyle was a charitable man and tried to help out veterans having a tough go of it back in civilian life..........in fact it cost him his life in the end.

Is Ventura a charitable man like Kyle?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow. Emotionally involved in this one ,huh?
Yes, they both testified they saw JV pick himself up off the ground.

DKprof ordered that the trial was over what was said, not the fight.

Wow.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
didnt they raise a million or so selling the T-shirt to pay this?
View Quote

i know this guy bought a tshirt to help raise money on their facebook "legend" deal
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wow.
View Quote

Not emotionally involved as you hero worshipping a guy that lied.

Both testified they didnt see a fight.  Neither testified they heard Ventura say anything.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Off topic but we all know Kyle was a charitable man and tried to help out veterans having a tough go of it back in civilian life..........in fact it cost him his life in the end.

View Quote

Irrelevant to the matter at hand
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is, of course, why I typed the part in red above.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#20]
If Jesse Ventura's intent was to prevent damage to his reputation with this lawsuit, it has failed.

His public reputation was damaged by him bringing a small story most people never heard of to national attention, compounded now by the nation knowing a combat military veteran's widow will have to personally pay for a lawsuit on Christmas.

Great strategy. The money from the lawsuit won't last very long but the very real damage to Ventura's reputation from his actions will be lasting. IMHO.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I swear some of the folks on this site have some super form of Aspergers that allows them to ignore critical parts of a post such "off topic but."
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If Jesse Ventura's intent was to prevent damage to his reputation with this lawsuit, it has failed.

His public reputation was damaged by him bringing a small story most people never heard of to national attention, compounded now by the nation knowing a combat military veteran's widow will have to personally pay for a lawsuit on Christmas.

Great strategy. The money from the lawsuit won't last very long but the very real damage to Ventura's reputation from his actions will be lasting. IMHO.

http://i.imgur.com/O5Ff3v7.png
View Quote

The Ventura Effect the new Streisand Effect.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Both testified they didnt see a fight.  Neither testified they heard Ventura say anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Ugh, not quite. I was just trying to understand what happened.

Apparently both sides feel that they have the right to minimize and berate the other for being wrong.

You weren't there, neither was anyone else in this thread, yet many of you talk about this in some really absolute opinions.

Witnesses testified for both sides disagreeing completely on what happened, yet many of you claim to to know without a shadow of a doubt what occured.  

Ventura would be proud of the hysterics and purse fighting.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Ventura claimed insurance would cover the lawsuit, that turned out not to be true according to CBS.

Taya Kyle says she’s on the hook for most of the $1.8 million in damages awarded to the former Minnesota governor.

“Absolutely,” said Kyle to the FOX News program “The Real Story.” “I think $1.8 million was the total amount, and I think insurance was responsible for $500,000 because of the way the law is written and all that.”

Taya Kyle’s comments conflict with Ventura’s claims that the verdict will be paid by the book publisher’s insurance company.
View Quote

“She’s making millions right now. She’s already made millions off the book,” Ventura said on WCCO Radio. “She’s not hurting. She’s doing speaking engagements throughout the country, traveling all over … she probably has more money than I do.”
View Quote

Kyle is dead. The story now is Ventura versus a widow and her kids.

Ventura will be remembered for suing a widow. IMHO.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/12/19/american-sniper-widow-say-she-has-to-pay-ventura/

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ventura claimed insurance would cover the lawsuit, that turned out not to be true according to CBS.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/12/19/american-sniper-widow-say-she-has-to-pay-ventura/

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Taya Kyle says she’s on the hook for most of the $1.8 million in damages awarded to the former Minnesota governor.

“Absolutely,” said Kyle to the FOX News program “The Real Story.” “I think $1.8 million was the total amount, and I think insurance was responsible for $500,000 because of the way the law is written and all that.”

Taya Kyle’s comments conflict with Ventura’s claims that the verdict will be paid by the book publisher’s insurance company.

“She’s making millions right now. She’s already made millions off the book,” Ventura said on WCCO Radio. “She’s not hurting. She’s doing speaking engagements throughout the country, traveling all over … she probably has more money than I do.”

So she is continuing to profit handsomely from the lies? While peddling the image of a poor, poverty stricken widow whose children will now see their last crumb of food be handed over to mean old Ebeneezer Ventura?

Man, some of you guys are so gullible.

ETA: Chris Kyle will also now be remembered as a near pathological liar, his record tarnished and forever subject to question and his widow as a willing profiteer from perpetuating the lies. I bet that this could have been handled much more discretely with an official retraction, apology and a considerably smaller settlement. She doesn't come out of this looking any better than Ventura, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#27]
cant venture call the decision a victory and move on without collecting, assuming he was being honest in thinking the insurance co would pick up the tab and not the family?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
cant venture call the decision a victory and move on without collecting, assuming he was being honest in thinking the insurance co would pick up the tab and not the family?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Ventura DOES deserve the money, he proved that he was damaged as he can no longer go to the seal/Vietnam reunions he loved, along with public opinion of him dropping even before this lawsuit. Ventura may be an asshole but Kyle was the one who made it up (along with a bunch of other bullshit that was practically insulting to everyone's intelligence). Kyle was such a badass dude that appeared to be a good person, Why did he have to make shit up?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Small story? It was all over the news when kyle told opie and Anthony and bill mahar about it. Not to mention Ventura as probably more pissed that the story was spread all through the seal community and his name as mud.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small story? It was all over the news when kyle told opie and Anthony and bill mahar about it. Not to mention Ventura as probably more pissed that the story was spread all through the seal community and his name as mud.

His name was mud before that.  His reputation was already fucked.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#31]
dont defame people imo
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So she is continuing to profit handsomely from the lies? While peddling the image of a poor, poverty stricken widow whose children will now see their last crumb of food be handed over to mean old Ebeneezer Ventura?

ETA: Chris Kyle will also now be remembered as a near pathological liar, his record tarnished and forever subject to question and his widow as a willing profiteer from perpetuating the lies. I bet that this could have been handled much more discretely with an official retraction, apology and a considerably smaller settlement. She doesn't come out of this looking any better than Ventura, in my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly. How much is Kyle's estate earning from one comment in a book. Out of what, a 300+ odd page book, how much was the "incident?"  A couple of sentences?  How is she "profiting handsomely" from JV's disparagement.  Secondly, "what lies?"  There really is no proof beyond a shadow of a doubt what was actually said or not said. It could all be true and JV just had better lawyers. Given that JV lies everytime he's on TV talking about 9/11 being an inside job and governmental HAARP  mind control, I'd suggest he's not the one to be complaining about "profiting from lies."
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
dont defame people imo
View Quote

You know I was surprised it turned out that Kyle actually did lie.

I didn't expect that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ventura DOES deserve the money, he proved that he was damaged as he can no longer go to the seal/Vietnam reunions he loved, along with public opinion of him dropping even before this lawsuit. Ventura may be an asshole but Kyle was the one who made it up (along with a bunch of other bullshit that was practically insulting to everyone's intelligence). Kyle was such a badass dude that appeared to be a good person, Why did he have to make shit up?
View Quote

I'd suggest all of the 9/11 an inside job and that the killing of Osama Bin Laden was a hoax kind of made him a personal non-grata at the SEAL reunions already.  The SEALS were not happy about Jessie saying they were part of a hoax and a scam.

Kind of rich that he even bitched about being disparaged and having his reputation smeared in the light of that, isn't it?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I didn't expect that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
dont defame people imo

I didn't expect that.

A proven liar accuses someone of lying, the accused dies and can't defend himself, so the liar wins in court.

You have a wonderful standard of proof.  I have some Rocky Mountain acreage for sale if you're interested.  It's only $20 an acre and it's conveniently located in the panhandle of Florida.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Get down in the mud with Jesse and what do you think's gonna happen.?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A proven liar accuses someone of lying, the accused dies and can't defend himself, so the liar wins in court.

You have a wonderful standard of proof.  I have some Rocky Mountain acreage for sale if you're interested.  It's only $20 an acre and it's conveniently located in the panhandle of Florida.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
dont defame people imo

I didn't expect that.

Well you have a point because the jury was split and one of them was quoted as saying "“I don’t believe Chris Kyle was 100 percent lying,” said the juror. But the juror said Kyle “may have had to live up to the expectations of his buddies” in relaying the story of the fight.”

So yes, it might be that Kyle was not lying.

However it was an 8-2 decision.

Article...........
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#38]
I've talked and chatted with her before thanks to his foundation.....but yes.......she is distraught a bit about it as SHE HERSELF will have to pay.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Reading "Ain't Got Time to Bleed" is interesting in light of all of this.

In the book, Jesse is UDT but then says that others in the Specwar community (other SEALS apparently) considered him one of their own.  His older brother was a real deal SEAL, however.

It's unfortunate that Kyle had to crawl around in the mud.  He could have stood tall with the truth and worried about nothing.

I personally think that Jesse is a fruit-bat and I don't care for his take on 9/11 or his politics.  The very fact that he even stands by that type of stuff makes him suspect for everything/anything as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well you have a point because the jury was split and one of them was quoted as saying "“I don’t believe Chris Kyle was 100 percent lying,” said the juror. But the juror said Kyle “may have had to live up to the expectations of his buddies” in relaying the story of the fight.”

Article...........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
dont defame people imo

I didn't expect that.

Article...........

I'm intelligent enough to not worry about the opinions of people too stupid to get out of jury duty.  Criminal juries get it wrong all the time,  with a much higher standard.   Civil juries have a lower standard and are made up of the same dumbass people. Getting one wrong doesn't surprise me.  Getting one right while they're missing judge Judy and the price is right is what surprises me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You don't think less of someone who says that our military deserves to lose a few guys?  I think that easily damages a reputation, especially if your major credential is being part of the unit you said deserved to lose a few guys.
View Quote

Case-by-case. I didn't think less of JV after hearing he said  that, because I already thought of him as snail shit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm intelligent enough to not worry about the opinions of people too stupid to get out of jury duty.  Criminal juries get it wrong all the time,  with a much higher standard.   Civil juries have a lower standard and are made up of the same dumbass people. Getting one wrong doesn't surprise me.  Getting one right while they're missing judge Judy and the price is right is what surprises me.
View Quote

I've sat on about a GUZILLION juries and never tried to get out of them.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a smart ass comment, don't take it personally.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's a smart ass comment, don't take it personally.
View Quote

Now you are calling me a Pajama Boy crybaby.

J/K
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#45]
My Seal dindu nuffins!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Honestly. How much is Kyle's estate earning from one comment in a book. Out of what, a 300+ odd page book, how much was the "incident?"  A couple of sentences?  How is she "profiting handsomely" from JV's disparagement.  Secondly, "what lies?"  There really is no proof beyond a shadow of a doubt what was actually said or not said. It could all be true and JV just had better lawyers. Given that JV lies everytime he's on TV talking about 9/11 being an inside job and governmental HAARP  mind control, I'd suggest he's not the one to be complaining about "profiting from lies."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The book and upcoming movie have received far more publicity from this issue alone than anything else. What lies? How about the ones that a jury of our peers rendered a verdict on?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I personally think that Jesse is a fruit-bat and I don't care for his take on 9/11 or his politics.  The very fact that he even stands by that type of stuff makes him suspect for everything/anything as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote

At this point I think they are both fruit-bats.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct, and that is why he wanted to be compensated for the loss he suffered as a result of Chris Kyle's lies.

If this were any other two parties, GD would be totally behind the effort of the wronged party to get compensation for losses to his reputation as a result of lies.

Arfdinduism writ large here . . .
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Absolutely,” said Kyle to the FOX News program "The Real Story.” "I think $1.8 million was the total amount, and I think insurance was responsible for $500,000 because of the way the law is written and all that.”

"She’s making millions right now. She’s already made millions off the book,” Ventura said on WCCO Radio. "She’s not hurting. She’s doing speaking engagements throughout the country, traveling all over … she probably has more money than I do.”

This is not about what percentage this incident comprises of that book. It is about how much what Kyle wrote and later said on numerous occassions damaged Ventura's reputation.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is not about what percentage this incident comprises of that book. It is about how much what Kyle wrote and later said on numerous occassions damaged Ventura's reputation.  

View Quote

But Ventura got $1.3 million for false profiteering in the decision..............there must have been an accounting somewhere to get this number?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top