User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your entire post made me chuckle.  

Do people really get intimidated by motorcycle people?  All I can picture is a bunch Tim Allen and John Travolta wannabes attempting to look tough, but failing miserably.  Revving a motorcyle to look "cool" or "mean" is a douche move of the highest order...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No, these guys are serious. I won't mention the name of the club. But everyone here would know them.

Do people really get intimidated by motorcycle people?  All I can picture is a bunch Tim Allen and John Travolta wannabes attempting to look tough, but failing miserably.  Revving a motorcyle to look "cool" or "mean" is a douche move of the highest order...

If Tim Allen and John Revolta showed up, I'd laugh.  But I would not laugh at these guys and neither would anyone else with even the slightest amount of common sense.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's old woman writing for sure.

Cause no one used cursive these days...
View Quote

I do, and I ain't no 'ol lady.

ETA: I wouldn't exactly call that cursive. There's just a cursive letter smattered here and there.

ETA2: She indents, which means she wasn't raised with email, social media, or texting. Indenting is for paragraphs.....those aren't paragraphs, so I'd say it's an old lady with a shitty education.

ETA3: The writer is using cursive L's in place of cursive I's. I'd say she's senile.

Correct it with red marker and return it for a rewrite. In the good 'ole days we could only cross out a misspelled word with a single line and lost points if there were more than three crossed out words per page. Seriously, she needs to fix that shit if she wants to be taken seriously.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Sub'd for more!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#4]
But I would not laugh at these guys and neither would anyone else with even the slightest amount of common sense
View Quote

Holy hell, you were actually being serious.  

What, exactly, were these "one percent motorcyle club" guys going to do should your little ruse have failed??  What if some altercation had ensued, and thugs being thugs, someone ended up hurt or killed?  Was that your grand plan??  

You are convinced some guy damaged your tire, so your solution was to call a bunch of motorcyle thugs to intimidate him?  I would have been absolutely embarrassed in my manhood if my only solution to a problem was to invite a bunch of Harley-riding mouth breathers to handle my business.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If Tim Allen and John Revolta showed up, I'd laugh.  But I would not laugh at these guys and neither would anyone else with even the slightest amount of common sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, these guys are serious. I won't mention the name of the club. But everyone here would know them.

Just a little while back they were firing anti-tank rockets at each others clubhouses up there in Canada, weren't they?

Motorcycle people are very different from 1% motorcycle clubs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That bottom part sure sounds like a threat to me. I would get that to law enforcement but would also get cameras.
View Quote

Hard to believe they wouldn't know who old lady is.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:13:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pics of crotchety old lady or or lady's crotch?
View Quote

It better not be shaved. Wouldn't want people to think you're a pedophile.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What, exactly, were these "one percent motorcyle club" guys going to do should your little ruse have failed??  What if some altercation had ensued, and thugs being thugs, someone ended up hurt or killed?  Was that your grand plan??  

You are convinced some guy damaged your tire, so your solution was to call a bunch of motorcyle thugs to intimidate him?  I would have been absolutely embarrassed in my manhood if my only solution to a problem was to invite a bunch of Harley-riding mouth breathers to handle my business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
But I would not laugh at these guys and neither would anyone else with even the slightest amount of common sense

I agree that getting others to take care of your dirty work isn't the best way, but, please tell me you understand how actual Hell Angels or Devils Disciples or Badidos or any other outlaw biker gang really work. They will cut you just for shits and giggles. Shoot you because you got in their way. They aren't just your weekend Harley riding, leather wearing posers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Christmas is right around the corner.  I'd buy everyone on the block a dictionary as someone clearly needs one.

I'm with those posters that suggest a game cam or some other type of security camera.

And my money is on the lady on the block with 2 dozen cats.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:26:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The first week cops show up because he was playing his guitar in the basement. Basement has no windows or doors to outside. I have no idea how you could even hear it unless you were standing beside the house.
View Quote

I guess you don't play guitar?  With modeling amps nowadays, there is no reason to practice with a traditional amp cranked for tube distortion.

Neighbors about six blocks over could hear my Marshall cranked.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]
There has to be supporting police log evidence of who the troll under the bridge is.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:29:13 AM EDT
[#13]
please tell me you understand how actual Hell Angels or Devils Disciples or Badidos or any other outlaw biker gang really work. They will cut you just for shits and giggles. Shoot you because you got in their way. They aren't just your weekend Harley riding, leather wearing posers
View Quote

That's part of why point.  Why would anyone not only associate themselves with these types, but invite them over for Sunday brunch to *ahem* deal with the problem neighbor??
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:33:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Playing loud music is a good way to make the rest of the neighbors hate you too.  Better one annoying asshole than a neighborhood full of justifiably angry neighbors.
View Quote

I can't believe it took 7 pages for somebody to point this out.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:37:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hi, ATF?

Yeah, I just saw the old lady that lives behind me carrying in a couple sacks of fertilizer, some PVC pipe and a spool of wire.  All I can hear from her house is a bunch of yelling about "damn kids" and "I'll make them shut up."

Just thought you might want to know.

Address is 1234 Miserable Old Bat Street.

Thanks,

Concerned neighbor.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Get a permit from the city and have an all day party with a live band.  Invite the neighbors including her.  Repeat often.

Put up cams.

Get a Great Pyrenees.  They do not bark unless there is an immediate threat in the yard, otherwise they are very quiet.  This is a documented fact about the breed.  They are also scary as hell to people who do not understand dogs because they are big.  Walk it past the suspected neighbor daily.

Be sure that you are not doing anything to give her ammunition - I can guarantee she is keeping a shit list on everything you do (how fast she thinks you drive - daily, the slightest noise, cleanliness of your property, anything that can be considered against code, etc.).  You may want to consider practicing your guitar someone else, or at least keep the volume down - maybe build a soundroom so that you can defend any of her complaints about noise.

Befriend your neighbors and look for opportunities to provide service.  You stellar reputation against her battiness will prevail.  Do what is necessary so that your credibility puts you above her reproach.

As already stated, file a police report about her note.  Tell police you feel threatened by it and would like an investigation done as to who wrote it.  

View Quote

Really? We couldn't get ours to stop barking at anything and everything.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:13:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Find out what the noise ordnance is. If it defines the hours loud noises can be tolerated out doors, put a boombox on a timer. Everyday, "Kill 'em All" on repeat.

The rest of the juvenile shit I'd do has probably been posted.

Oh, and get frags.
View Quote
Close, but the answer is "Master of Puppets", on repeat.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a Great Pyrenees.  They do not bark unless there is an immediate threat in the yard, otherwise they are very quiet.  This is a documented fact about the breed.

You obviously had a very paranoid one.

I like the correcting the letter with a red marker and returning it idea.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:59:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Just a little while back they were firing anti-tank rockets at each others clubhouses up there in Canada, weren't they?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had not heard of this incident, do you have a link?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking of the wrong very cold place. They were just killing each other in boring normal ways in Canada.

It was war torn, uncivilized Scandinavia where they were using Carl Gustavs & LAWs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was thinking of the wrong very cold place. They were just killing each other in boring normal ways in Canada.
View Quote

3rd largest bomb detonated in North America after OKC and first WTC attack IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Brodozer party at his house?  I'll bring a truck full of firewood!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's probably been said but make color copies of that letter ... enough for the whole neighborhood.
Hand them out door to door, while asking recipients to study it and tell you who's writing it is.

View Quote

Genius.  Post them up on all the street lamps too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I like the correcting the letter with a red marker and returning it idea.
View Quote

Me too. Wonderful way to say, "I don't care what you wrote, your grammar is poor, and yes, I know it was you." Would be even better if the letter had an F- grade on it and a demand for a corrected version to be resubmitted no later than tomorrow.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That's part of why point.  Why would anyone not only associate themselves with these types, but invite them over for Sunday brunch to *ahem* deal with the problem neighbor??
View All Quotes
Quoted:

please tell me you understand how actual Hell Angels or Devils Disciples or Badidos or any other outlaw biker gang really work. They will cut you just for shits and giggles. Shoot you because you got in their way. They aren't just your weekend Harley riding, leather wearing posers

I've known and ridden with more than a few real 1% bikers.  If they're willing to come over and drink your booze and put on a display, they're willing to stomp someone's ass into a bloody pulp.  They don't bluff.  And suggesting using them as some kind of personal security is a really bad idea.  After they break your neighbor's spine you'll owe them.  And they always collect with interest.  They're stone cold criminals, and proud of it.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#27]

CRY HAVOK! And let loose the [Dachshunds] of war...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#29]
I think I'd probably hang and skin a deer on the front lawn.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Judging by the spelling, I'd say it is someone on this site.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#31]
I would make it my mission in life to piss him/her off.  I'm referring to the neighbor.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#33]
When the asshole neighbor finally runs him off, make sure your BIL rents the house out to Section 8 people.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#34]
There are times when the COC provision disallowing discussion of verboten activities can be really disappointing.  I've got all kinds of diabolical suggestions and I can't make em!  
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There are times when the COC provision disallowing discussion of verboten activities can be really disappointing.  I've got all kinds of diabolical suggestions and I can't make em!  
View Quote

Better yet, let's come up with ideas where he is within the ordinance.

There is a basketball goal on that side of the house. I think a 4" angle grinder to strip it for new paint so the kids in the neighborhood can have a place to play all day and after school.

They actually listed kids under 12 as an exemption to scream and laugh, etc.

I'd have a birthday party every weekend.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a permit from the city and have an all day party with a live band.  Invite the neighbors including her.  Repeat often.

Put up cams.

Get a Great Pyrenees.  They do not bark unless there is an immediate threat in the yard, otherwise they are very quiet.  This is a documented fact about the breed.  They are also scary as hell to people who do not understand dogs because they are big.  Walk it past the suspected neighbor daily.

Be sure that you are not doing anything to give her ammunition - I can guarantee she is keeping a shit list on everything you do (how fast she thinks you drive - daily, the slightest noise, cleanliness of your property, anything that can be considered against code, etc.).  You may want to consider practicing your guitar someone else, or at least keep the volume down - maybe build a soundroom so that you can defend any of her complaints about noise.

Befriend your neighbors and look for opportunities to provide service.  You stellar reputation against her battiness will prevail.  Do what is necessary so that your credibility puts you above her reproach.

As already stated, file a police report about her note.  Tell police you feel threatened by it and would like an investigation done as to who wrote it.  

You must have gotten a lemon.  Our doesn't bark at all, ever.  That was one of the main reasons we got him.  He just stands there and looks at whatever catches his attention.  On rare occasions we get a low pitch woof out of him, seldom if ever a bark.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#37]
What do me and the one other person win for saying it was an old man instead of an old woman?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What do me and the one other person win for saying it was an old man instead of an old woman?
View Quote

Well no video evidence yet.

Pretty sure its him though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How do they know who left the note in the OP? It was not signed and they didn't see who left it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the police going to do with it?

Nothing, but at least it is documented and reported to the police.  He can probably fill out a report online if his PD has that ability.  Otherwise he can file a counter report.

Given that she had to go on to his property to leave the note, he can also have a trespass notice served on her by the county or city (depending on who does it).  No charges are likely, but at least he can get the "threat" documented.

Laugh if you want, but that is how it is done.  When I was a patrolman we used to serve similar notices in our city.  All it took was a complaint that could be justified by evidence (i.e., a nasty note left on a car, or other hostile act from the unwanted party).  Next time the old bat comes on his property to leave a nasty message and he catches it on a camera, she can then be charged criminally.  Its his property and he has a legal right to refuse an unwanted person from stepping foot on his property.  Once proper notification has been given to the person, any subsequent trespass can be charged criminally.

How do they know who left the note in the OP? It was not signed and they didn't see who left it.

Wouldn't be too hard to find out.  Ask around.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Didn't read entire thread.  

We had a similar issue here at the house about 5 years ago. Any noise after about 5pm and the cops would show up. Last time this happened it was a nice Saturday afternoon, about 1830 and we had 3 other couples over. No music but normal conversation, perhaps a bit loud. Cop showed up and went nuts at the front door about arresting me for violation of noise. One of my guests was a DEA agent and one was a group sup from HSI. They spoke to the crazy cop and it turned out the neighbor behind us, through the woods, is a cop and was working swing shift, needing his beauty sleep.  Neighbor cop called it in.  Responding cop tried to play it off but you could tell he felt like an asshole.

My point is that your nasty neighbor might have someone on the force that "helps" him out.  That might be why the cop you spoke to isn't pursuing the note and threatened you with a fine. Might want to pull that thread if possible.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There is a basketball goal on that side of the house. I think a 4" angle grinder to strip it for new paint so the kids in the neighborhood can have a place to play all day and after school.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moon Bounce + Cotton Candy machine.  

Watch the old fart go into convulsions at the idea of someone being happy.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh and if nobody's mentioned it yet, turn down the amp and put bark collars on the dogs.  Gotta be on the high road to be able to look down on the turd next door.  

Is there a HOA there?  

If so, is the old fart in violation of any rules?  

If not, get on the HOA board and make some new rules that will fuck with the old fart and make him change up his shit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Would be fun to have a cheap junker car to park in front of her house.

People like that hate cars that are parked on the street, especially if parked in front of a house the car doesnt belong to.

Learn the ordinance for duration of parking a car on a public road before it can be legally tagged.    Then go park right in front of her house.    Rusted/faded paint job and never washed except when rains type of POS.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Invest in a security system and some cameras.

Inform your neighbors of the note and ask if they might have an idea who wrote it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Cops said there is nothing threatening about the letter and wouldn't file a report. Girls dad is a Firefighter for the city and is pissed. Cops also said if they get a call and show up, and the dogs are barking, he will get a fine.
View Quote

Inviting the man into his life and all.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Oh and if nobody's mentioned it yet, turn down the amp and put bark collars on the dogs.  Gotta be on the high road to be able to look down on the turd next door.  

Is there a HOA there?  

If so, is the old fart in violation of any rules?  

If not, get on the HOA board and make some new rules that will fuck with the old fart and make him change up his shit.
View Quote

No homeowners. Its about a 30 year old neighborhood if I had to guess.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd just like you all to know that I stopped at the picture of someone opening a grilled cheese sandwich.

I can't.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'd just like you all to know that I stopped at the picture of someone opening a grilled cheese sandwich.

I can't.
View Quote

I scrolled right by it and kept looking for the good stuff.

I found it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd put money on the lady messing with their house or dogs while they were at work
View Quote

Just how is she going to mess with the dogs while their at work ?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top