BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To each their own, but I have to say it does make me cringe thinking that I am inhaling something that was in someone's wet lungs prior to entering my respiratory system.....just sayin.
View Quote

You mean... like all the air in the atmosphere?

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who finds the word "vape" to be annoying?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am curious, when you guys say you smell the vapor, and you hate it because it smells like shit...do you really smell anything, or do you just mentally make up a smell?

I have never smelled anything from vaporizer, and I have a pretty good sense of smell. I can smell if a chick has a tampon in, I can smell if someone has weed in their pocket, I can tell if someone owns a dog or cat and I can easily tell if someone smokes but I have never smelled vape.

I think some of you folks are so filled with hate, and have such messed up minds that you think you smell something. It's kind of like when a liberal gets into a fearful panic attack whenever they see a gun.
View Quote

There is a sickly sweet smell from the ones I passed by. Sorta like that old school maple or cherry flavored pipe tobacco.

Are there vapor cartridges available that don't put out a smell?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken, "vape" still contains high levels of nicotine (the reason people actually "vape". The free mist (stuff not inhaled by the user) is inhaled by those around the user. Now, as I remember, nicotine is a poison. So WHY should I be forced to inhale poison so YOU can be "free"? Your rights end where my nose (and mouth, and lungs) begin.
View Quote

I agree with the last part.  But most of GD probably won't.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
To each their own, but I have to say it does make me cringe thinking that I am inhaling something that was in someone's wet lungs prior to entering my respiratory system.....just sayin.
View Quote

I take it you have never been up north?

We have this thing called winter, it's very scary because you can see other people's breath hanging in the air as a sort of wet vapor. If you ever do come up where its cold, you should hold your breath so you don't end up breathing other people's air.

Did you know that if you smell a fart, you are smelling something that was up inside a wet asshole?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dirk, I'm referring to visible vapor seen being exhaled by said vaper'er, a bit different in my eyes.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dirk, I'm referring to visible vapor seen being exhaled by said vaper'er, a bit different in my eyes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but it's not different just because you can see it. You're always breathing in molecules, particles, etc. that have been thoroughly through everyone else's lungs all the time. Including shit particles from farts. It's no different just because you can see a vapor... which usually dissipates VERY quickly. I'd be surprised (unless you're sitting right on top of the person) if you had visible vapor near you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like some one was told to take their pacifier outside..

Those of us who didnt ruin our sense of smell can smell it and its nasty. Aint scared of it just dont wanna smell rotten cherry while im eatting.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Do any of you ever stand around a campfire?  If so I'll bet you're getting tons more "poisons" from that than any vaping device could ever put out.  It's all about control for some apparently.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Around here only a young guy with a murse will vape. He will only do it indoors and he will wave his e-cigarette around like a fairy for everyone to see. I'm not afraid of that exhaled concoction you call "vape", I'm scared you're going to hit me in the face with that damn thing.

Go be different somewhere else, nobody at JC Penny gives a shit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No.   It's the same as VaJayJay.    Same as Shotty.      Willfully ignorant and juvenile, but not in a funny way, as in the word, "Tarded" or "Asshat"

I think it's the white-nerd-hipster aspect that makes it most annoying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.   It's the same as VaJayJay.    Same as Shotty.      Willfully ignorant and juvenile, but not in a funny way, as in the word, "Tarded" or "Asshat"

Word of the year.

Get used to it
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do any of you ever stand around a campfire?  If so I'll bet you're getting tons more "poisons" from that than any vaping device could ever put out.  It's all about control for some apparently.
View Quote

It's about looking down on those who are addicted to a substance. Even switching to a much less harmful item in an attempt to quit is looked down upon with derision.

If you had someone you cared about who was addicted to cigarettes, you'd be ecstatic if they were willing and able to substitute the harmless activity of vaping for filling their lungs with poisons and carcinogens all day long. It SHOULD be promoted as a temporary transition for smokers to break the habit by the American Lung Association.

Instead, you have no shortage of fragile little flowers saying, "OMG, look at that person... he's vaping. Can I smell anything? I don't know... I think I might smell something.... I think... yeah, I think I smell something.... OMG, I SMELL VAPE HAZE! I'M GONNA DIE! MY RIGHTS! YOU'RE POISONING ME!!"

Give me a break.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

And some of us actually shoot our guns, we breath in un burned powder, vaporized lead and copper.
Ever wonder what is in that stinky wolf or that other stuff that smells like cat piss?

I would love to hear some of you guys tell other people at the range to stop shooting because you dislike the aroma or their ammo.
What the hell happens when you guys smell someone touch off a black powder rifle?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#15]
poll fail

Are people who vape too stupid to know first of all they are not smoking and second and most importantly that they are too stupid to know that they look stupid with a piece of plastic with a light on the end stuck in their face

ETA: and they stink just as bad or worse than the real stuff
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope!

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You reek of butthurt OP.  
View Quote

This here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Word of the year.

Get used to it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word of the year.

Get used to it

Nah, it sucks.     They should a have paid A Black Guy to coin the phrase.  

Black people would have never come up with such a lame word.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Quoted:

Go smoke outside with the rest of the losers.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#20]
If it was simply used as a smoking option or cessation tool, great. But too many douche bags use it like "this is great, I can finally smoke in the store or supply house like I've always wanted!!" They create this 'anti' mentality. Not sure there are any ill effects or odors. It's the attention whore factor. If you need to vape freely indoors then you could have had the common sense to use it in your car or on the way as if you were still smoking, which you basically are.

Seems the 'offensive odor' and 'someone else's vapors' crowds need gas.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
poll fail

Are people who vape too stupid to know first of all they are not smoking and second and most importantly that they are too stupid to know that they look stupid with a piece of plastic with a light on the end stuck in their face

View Quote

Those people put me to mind of:

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some of that vape shit smells like a bag full of assholes.

There's a local pizza joint that has already banned vaporizers.
View Quote

This !!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

My friend's bar banned it over a year ago.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#24]
My agency just posted a policy that vaping may only take place in authorized smoking areas.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And some of us actually shoot our guns, we breath in un burned powder, vaporized lead and copper.
Ever wonder what is in that stinky wolf or that other stuff that smells like cat piss?

I would love to hear some of you guys tell other people at the range to stop shooting because you dislike the aroma or their ammo.
What the hell happens when you guys smell someone touch off a black powder rifle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I left my unscented bore butter home once and had fresh pine scent butter. Someone moaned out loud how that stinks! Then "that guy is a dick". Tore off my glasses and exclaimed he could get the fuck out if it was soo bad because I was there first and it's like one shot per few minutes. Yeah, his 54r surplus smelled like roses.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This !!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This !!

There's a couple cities here that banned it 100%. It's banned indoors state wide here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Some people walk around blowing vapor around everyone.  Those people are assholes.  Not all of us do that.  They are the equivalent of the gun owners sweeping people at the range.  There's a lot of them, but they are the minority.

I treat my ecig like I did my regular cigarettes.  I've never used it inside a public space.  The only thing I do with my ecig, that I didn't do with regular cigs, is use it inside my own home.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A guy I know vapes some stuff that smells like vanilla/Devil's Spit bbq sauce from Famous Daves/cum.
View Quote

Spend a lot of time sniffing cum do ya?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Cool. I'll go back to smoking right away then. Want some phlegm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather smell second hand smoke than some of the sickly smelling shit you people "vape".

If I am in  an area before you and you need your drug fix, go do it some place away from me.   Dont care if it is actual cigarette smoke or simply "vapor".    

If you are in an area first and already partaking of your silly gimmick, dont worry I will avoid you too.

I just dont want to share air with people smoking or the "moisture cloud" types.    While the vapor cloud disperses much more readily than lingering smoke, i dont want it within 2-3 feet of me nor do I want non-smoking areas used by "loophole" seeking vapor fanatics.

I say this after having seen a particularly annoying attorney trying to "vape" in a courtroom.   Just rediculous bad form.   I dont care if it is "just vapor".   Chew some nicotine gum or slap some patches on your neurotic addicted ass if you cannot cope long enough.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Why should non addicts be forced to breathe your carcinogen laden shit?
View Quote
dont go to the range much do you?

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken, "vape" still contains high levels of nicotine (the reason people actually "vape". The free mist (stuff not inhaled by the user) is inhaled by those around the user. Now, as I remember, nicotine is a poison. So WHY should I be forced to inhale poison so YOU can be "free"? Your rights end where my nose (and mouth, and lungs) begin.
View Quote

New research is showing nicotine to be a highly beneficial drug.

Also, if you're so worried about it, you better stop eating tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and on and on...

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/drugs-alcohol/nicotine-health-benefits.htm

http://nicotinepolicy.net/all-authors/85-jacques-le-houezec/640-the-positive-effects-of-nicotine

http://discovermagazine.com/2014/march/13-nicotine-fix
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#32]
75% of the country is already cigarette pussies, now we have to have vape pussies.

Wave your hand and make a fake cough for pussiness America.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Vaping looks about as gay as the word vaping.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Not afraid of it...still stinks like shit though...how 'bout if I stick my ass in your face and fart while you're trying to enjoy a meal out with your family?  Don't worry, it won't hurt ya!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

no....

the dose makes the poison, i high dose of water will kill you... i high dose of O2 will kill you..... 2nd hand nicotine wont do shit...
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

No

And those ducking giant contraptions are ridiculous looking.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just stop.

Do you eat eggplant, cauliflower, or potatoes?

Why are you poisoning yourself bro?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Why do you hate Jesus?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#40]
heel smash...that's what you need to quit smoking...jam that vape pipe into epiglottis and other soft tissue.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's about looking down on those who are addicted to a substance. Even switching to a much less harmful item in an attempt to quit is looked down upon with derision.

If you had someone you cared about who was addicted to cigarettes, you'd be ecstatic if they were willing and able to substitute the harmless activity of vaping for filling their lungs with poisons and carcinogens all day long. It SHOULD be promoted as a temporary transition for smokers to break the habit by the American Lung Association.

Instead, you have no shortage of fragile little flowers saying, "OMG, look at that person... he's vaping. Can I smell anything? I don't know... I think I might smell something.... I think... yeah, I think I smell something.... OMG, I SMELL VAPE HAZE! I'M GONNA DIE! MY RIGHTS! YOU'RE POISONING ME!!"

Give me a break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give me a break.

This.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
poll fail

View Quote

As a former smoker, I say bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Don't you have a opossum to torture?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather smell second hand smoke than some of the sickly smelling shit you people "vape".

It's nothing to be afraid of, but if I ripped off a rank fart right in your fucking face, I bet you wouldn't like it much either.  It's a two way street.  I wouldn't encroach on your right to do it, but I dont want the shit in my face either.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
poll fail

Some of the cheapo ecigs really do smell terrible.  Like the ones they sell at most gas stations.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No

Agreed.

I dont hate smokers, really it is their decision and I dont care if they do it any more than an alcoholic who drinks alcohol.

Dont hate vapers either.

But I do hate alcoholics, smokers, vapers, should they start to immediately effect me through their actions.

For what it is worth I absolutely hate the "truth" advertising campaigns that try to shame people who smoke.   Just hate the whole pompous asshatery that is their quaint smug way of advertising.

But vapers arent a whole lot better.   Kinda like the South Park electric cars episode where everyone says "good for you" and sniffs their own farts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Some people walk around blowing vapor around everyone.  Those people are assholes.  Not all of us do that.  They are the equivalent of the gun owners sweeping people at the range.  There's a lot of them, but they are the minority.

I treat my ecig like I did my regular cigarettes.  I've never used it inside a public space.  The only thing I do with my ecig, that I didn't do with regular cigs, is use it inside my own home.
View Quote

I usually go to the bathroom and sneak a vape...
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
First off, I don't smoke OR vape. And I hate cigarette smoke.

That being said, my girlfriend has tried to quit smoking by vaping.

First off, pomegranate flavor smells AWESOME.

Second, it's entertaining to hear the smokers who don't want to quit smoking all of a sudden be SO concerned with "health issues" of vaping. It's food grade glycerine and flavoring. Just like the fog machines used in nightclubs, as said above. The stuff is completely harmless. Are you "inconvenienced" by smelling an air freshener, or walking by a bakery? Suck it up, buttercup. You sound weak.

There is pushback on vaping by the government and the tobacco companies because the more people that vape, the less tobacco is smoked. They don't get tax money for that. The tobacco companies are losing sales. So, they want to force vapers out into smoking areas, restrict the sale of vaping juice, etc to discourage people from taking up this harmless activity that replaces smoking tobacco. It's about the money.

Of course it's best to not smoke OR vape. But vaping is a much, much better option to someone who is addicted to nicotine and must do one or the other, at least until they're weaned from the habit.
View Quote

I really dont give a fuck how harmless it is.  I dont want something that smells like a rotten asshole blown into my face.  Just be considerate of others, its really not that difficult a concept to grasp.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Some of the cheapo ecigs really do smell terrible.  Like the ones they sell at most gas stations.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
poll fail

Worse than a cigarette?

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top