Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 224
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Harmonic_Distortion] [#1]
Just saw that Tim from Military Arms Channel wants to fight Hughes and use his voice to get others to join.

I already tagged a few YouTubers and posted that folks can start by voting Nolo for NRA BoD-

Nolo, can you get with MAC and form an Alliance? Looks like next year will be our year at NRAAM-

I've decided I need to use my voice to do something about the NFA and the Hughes Amendment. This year I want to work with other YouTubers and bloggers to organize a movement on social media to repeal the Hughes Amendment. We are going to do this by targeting the NRA-ILA and challenging them to honor their word. They caused this mess in 1986 and I hope we can pressure them to fix it. By the NRA's annual meeting next year I want to see hundreds, if not thousands, of people wearing these shirts putting them on notice we're holding them accountable for their actions. Their leadership gave us the Hughes Amendment, now we're going to get them to keep their promise and fix it. Share this post folks. I can't do this alone. It starts right here, right now. WHO IS WITH ME???
View Quote

The shirt he is designing/displaying:

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Good. The more people that know about it the better.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brich2929:
Just saw that Tim from Military Arms Channel wants to fight Hughes and use his voice to get others to join.

I already tagged a few YouTubers and posted that folks can start by voting Nolo for NRA BoD-

Nolo, can you get with MAC and form an Alliance? Looks like next year will be our year at NRAAM-

I've decided I need to use my voice to do something about the NFA and the Hughes Amendment. This year I want to work with other YouTubers and bloggers to organize a movement on social media to repeal the Hughes Amendment. We are going to do this by targeting the NRA-ILA and challenging them to honor their word. They caused this mess in 1986 and I hope we can pressure them to fix it. By the NRA's annual meeting next year I want to see hundreds, if not thousands, of people wearing these shirts putting them on notice we're holding them accountable for their actions. Their leadership gave us the Hughes Amendment, now we're going to get them to keep their promise and fix it. Share this post folks. I can't do this alone. It starts right here, right now. WHO IS WITH ME???

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w542/brich2929/2A%20Photos/2A1B0FE8-379A-432C-B1A7-1D5052FE4564_zpsteannuq8.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w542/brich2929/2A%20Photos/A25611B2-7CDE-4266-85A8-6B20A01D03C6_zpsvhjh8wk2.jpg

Yes.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Hmmmmmmm.

So DoJ lawyers have been caught lying to a 5th Circuit Judge about Obungo's immigration EOs.   Wonder if that might influence the views of the judges in Hollis regarding the believability of the DOJ lawyers in this case too.
View Quote

Funny how that's works, isn't it? You or me lie to a Federal agent or in a court proceeding and it's a felony or perjury charge, but if they lie....., well, some pigs are more equal than others.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Well...... So remember DOJ attorney in 5th saying that the post 1986 approved form 1 I filed the judicial notice motion on should be revoked?  Turns out ATF had a different answer and it is a lawful machinegun even though it was manufactured after may 19, 1986.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Hmmmmmmm.

So DoJ lawyers have been caught lying to a 5th Circuit Judge about Obungo's immigration EOs.   Wonder if that might influence the views of the judges in Hollis regarding the believability of the DOJ lawyers in this case too.

Well...... So remember DOJ attorney in 5th saying that the post 1986 approved form 1 I filed the judicial notice motion on should be revoked?  Turns out ATF had a different answer and it is a lawful machinegun even though it was manufactured after may 19, 1986.

This was the F1 that was filed pre-May, but approved post-May?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w542/brich2929/2A%20Photos/2A1B0FE8-379A-432C-B1A7-1D5052FE4564_zpsteannuq8.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w542/brich2929/2A%20Photos/A25611B2-7CDE-4266-85A8-6B20A01D03C6_zpsvhjh8wk2.jpg

Yes.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cowbell] [#9]

Yes.
View All Quotes

Yes.

Came here to post this, Tim has a huge social media influence and we could definitely use his support.

ETA: I emailed Tim and posted on his facebook, if he could give Nolo a shoutout I think we could get some more signatures and hopefully some donations. I am willing to bet there are lots of people that watch his channel but never get on ARFCOM or know anything about Nolo's fight.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Where is the money for the shirts going? To him or NRA-ILA?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Spoke to him. It was a good conversation.
View Quote

Excellent!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Excellent!
View All Quotes

Excellent!

He emailed me back and said he spoke to you. I can almost feel that fun switch going around to the third position.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
FUCK YES! Good to hear!

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
You just gave me a funny feeling in my pants. No homo.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By semiautomatic:

View All Quotes

it's not homo if it's nolo
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FiddyoneGyrojet:

View All Quotes

sig line shit right there....

or T-shirts!
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:

or T-shirts!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:

or T-shirts!

NO(LO)HOMO??
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:35:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Timberwulfen] [#19]
Nolo,

Any way to use this:

https://www.fbo.gov/utils/view?id=09c3d5e933bc24416b752b57294a17b3

The Department of Homeland Security has defined what a "Personal Defense Weapon" is ... ie select fire.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Timberwulfen:
Nolo,

Any way to use this:

The Department of Homeland Security has defined what a "Personal Defense Weapon" is ... ie select fire.
View Quote

What's good for the government to use on you, is not good for you to use
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Nolo,

Any way to use this:

View Quote

All that shit just to say DHS wants to buy 7000 M4s.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:11:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Timberwulfen] [#22]
Originally Posted By Chris0013:

View All Quotes
Nolo,

Any way to use this:

Most impotantly it says on page C-15:

"Personal Defense  Weapon  (PDW)  -  5.56x45mm  NATO, select-fire firearm suitable  for  personal defense  use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required. . "

Seems to me a firearm suitable for personal defense must surely be protected by 2A, and also be eligible for concealed carry.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Yes.
View All Quotes

Yes.
I have a YouTube channel as well if you want more people to join in that.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By soowah:

He did use that IIRC in Hollis for the 5th COA. I'm pretty sure he used that information in oral arguments, I don't recall for sure, but believe it was also mentioned in one of his briefs.
View All Quotes
Nolo,

Any way to use this:

"Personal Defense  Weapon  (PDW)  -  5.56x45mm  NATO, select-fire firearm suitable  for  personal defense  use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required. . "

Seems to me a firearm suitable for personal defense must surely be protected by 2A, and also be eligible for concealed carry.

He did use that IIRC in Hollis for the 5th COA. I'm pretty sure he used that information in oral arguments, I don't recall for sure, but believe it was also mentioned in one of his briefs.

I recall the idea that .gov purchases PDWs that are automatic being used in oral arguments in PA as well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Nolo,

Any way to use this:

I don't remember it being brought up in oral arguments at the 5th, but I could be mistaken.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#27]
From another member's separate thread:
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
http://youtu.be/Y4zHud0yUtA
View Quote

Declassified footage of a SEAL unit in Nam, most of them appear to be carrying belt fed 249's or other full auto guns.  Given the nature of their individual/small unit work seems like it could further support the cause.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:

Declassified footage of a SEAL unit in Nam, most of them appear to be carrying belt fed 249's or other full auto guns.  Given the nature of their individual/small unit work seems like it could further support the cause.

Wes
View All Quotes

Wes

249s in the 60s and/or 70s? I confused. Also it's amazing film they are using, albolutely no frame flicker
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:18:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#29]
Originally Posted By williewvr:

249s in the 60s and/or 70s? I confused. Also it's amazing film they are using, albolutely no frame flicker
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By williewvr:

Wes

I apologize is I misidentified the guns.  As to the accuracy of the film, I can't speak to it but thought NOLO could look into it.

Update:  closer review, they look like M60 belt feeds, which is appropriate for the time period.  As to the no frame flick, the national archives have been releasing digitally cleaned up films over the last ten years from the defense department that are consistent with this film quality.

An example of an older released film:
https://youtu.be/1Ujx_pND9wg
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Wes
View All Quotes

Wes

Only watched the first minute or so, but what I saw were a mix of Stoner 63's and M16A1's.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By LoneWolf545:

Only watched the first minute or so, but what I saw were a mix of Stoner 63's and M16A1's.

View All Quotes

Wes

What do you see at 1:17-123?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:58:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Thanks
View All Quotes

Wes

Thanks

M60's at that point, originally only watched the first minute.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Would it help in court to have starements from people who want to have MGs?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Wes

Thanks

A few Stoners in there also.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By NCUrk:
A few Stoners in there also.
<a href="http://s232.photobucket.com/user/NCUrk/media/Stoner63lmg-1_zpsl2k3yiir.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee83/NCUrk/Stoner63lmg-1_zpsl2k3yiir.jpg</a>
View Quote

It was 'nam maaaaaan, stoners were like everywhere maaaaan
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Would it help in court to have starements from people who want to have MGs?
View Quote

I would add my name to that list.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Nolo, the 5th is radio silent?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By dillehayd:
View Quote

It is not uncommon for an opinion to issue 6 months after oral argument. Judging from how short and quickly issued the Third Circuit's opinion was, I'd wager the  Fifth won't think this case very complicated either. But that's no guarantee on a fast issuance.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:29:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TheSpaniard:

It is not uncommon for an opinion to issue 6 months after oral argument. Judging from how short and quickly issued the Third Circuit's opinion was, I'd wager the  Fifth won't think this case very complicated either. But that's no guarantee on a fast issuance.
View All Quotes

Oh, I know.

Just curious and tapping a toe.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Keep fightin the good fight, Nolo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:16:51 AM EDT
[#41]

Oh, I know.

View All Quotes

Oh, I know.

Took about 6 months for the per curiam Caetano decision to come out, the wheels of justice usually turn slowly.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#42]
So I have come in and out of this thread knowing it is a long process, as I work in the Court system.  

Just want to make sure I am up to speed.  

Civilians should not own machine guns or short barreled weapons because they are "unusual and dangerous"

But they are unusual because they are banned from civilian possession for the last 30 years?

And they are not used for lawful purposes by civilians but they offer no proof of said civilians who own them "legally" using them unlawfully.

Do I have the main points right?  

Nolo you are a hero to the cause sir.  I appreciate all you are doing on behalf of our nation.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Yes. The case they heard right before Hollis was recently decided.  Also, working on 3rd circuit rehearing petition.
View All Quotes

Yes. The case they heard right before Hollis was recently decided.  Also, working on 3rd circuit rehearing petition.

Sweet.

Did the other case go the way everyone in the room figured?  

(Protip: If you plead guilty you're probably fucked later!)
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoloContendere] [#45]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#46]

That one was reversed and remanded!
View All Quotes

Sweet.

Wow. Did NOT see that one coming. Ray Charles has failed me!
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Sweet.

Whoa
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#48]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
So I have come in and out of this thread knowing it is a long process, as I work in the Court system.  

Civilians should not own machine guns or short barreled weapons because they are "unusual and dangerous"

But they are unusual because they are banned from civilian possession for the last 30 years?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

And severely regulated and heavily taxed for 52 years leading up to the last 30, yes.

And they are not used for lawful purposes by civilians but they offer no proof of said civilians who own them "legally" using them unlawfully.

Don't forget that they have no place in society, yet they buy them by the tens of thousands for their own employees to use as "personal defense weapons" with a description that sounds exactly like what SCOTUS declared was a core component of 2nd Amendment protection for citizens. And they distribute tens of thousands more to local and state police agencies.

Even for illegally possessed ones they are almost never used in crime, legally possessed ones have no crime impact at all. All of the claimed harms are entirely imaginary. But for most courts, a well spun tale is all that is required to uphold restrictions on lawful firearms owners. Most times the tale doesn't even have to be that well spun.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
Whoa
View All Quotes

Sweet.

Whoa
^legally challenged, explain why the reaction?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Diesel_Maximus_2992:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Diesel_Maximus_2992:

Sweet.

Whoa

We were in attendance.  The case involved some guy doing shady shit that then had a medical issue (stroke maybe?) that brought into question his ability to enter a plea (was he threatened/coerced, etc). Basically, the govt.'s position was that he plead guilty, so too bad.
Page / 224
Top Top