BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

WHAT?! ".....people that drive them are generally douches." Firstly, who are you to decide what folks can spend their cash on? Secondly, do you believe that most black folks eat water melon and fried chicken? Most Puerto Ricans carry a knife? Most Italians are in the mafia? Most Irish are drunks? Thirdly, If as was pointed out in the above reply, we get to buy/use/own WHATEVER THE FUCK WE WANT IN THESE UNITED STATES. I'm sure this isn't turning out how you planned.......
View Quote

You can buy whatever you want. I don't care. But your vehicle says certain things about you. You mean to tell me you've never stereotyped a Prius owner?

Next, those are races. Can't choose your race.

I didn't plan anything. I stated my opinion. If you don't like it, I'm sorry for your hurt feels.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Dbltap
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Maybe you are just an asshole?
View Quote

as much as i think para is an asshole too, he is correct.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Enjoy your time out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a happy homeowner. I have a truck, lawnmower and other homey things. I don't drive my truck like this 99.9% of the time.

Lol no.

I said: The person who buys a truck and doesn't need the huge thing for hauling shit attached to the back is generally douchey. If you use your truck as, you know, a truck that makes sense.

...snip...

Enjoy your time out.

So, you gonna wait for a mod to see it or did you click the little button?

By your logic, do you also deserve a time out for your blanket statement about those whom you deem un-needing of a pick up ("douchebags")?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Spent 10 days in Ireland this summer. Didn't see a single pickup.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe you are just an asshole?
View Quote

RIF. He drives a pickup, not a BMW.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#7]
[personal attack removed - account warning issued - Paul]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#8]
In my neighborhood most of the people drive trucks.

We were visiting in Scarsdale NY one time. When we drove around in my truck you would have thought the Beverly Hillbillies had just pulled into town. People would actually stare at us.  I sang the BH theme song quite a bit...
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Great troll thread...

On to the question

When/if PU trucks become unacceptable and their drivers are publicly shamed, those very drivers will then be the forbidden of the vehicle world.  Women will look at them just as they look at outlaw bikers today.   It's win/win for the PU truck drivers.   The Prius drivers on the other hand, will have to settle for their other hand.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

By your logic, do you also deserve a time out for your blanket statement about those whom you deem un-needing of a pick up ("douchebags")?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a happy homeowner. I have a truck, lawnmower and other homey things. I don't drive my truck like this 99.9% of the time.

Lol no.

I said: The person who buys a truck and doesn't need the huge thing for hauling shit attached to the back is generally douchey. If you use your truck as, you know, a truck that makes sense.

...snip...

Enjoy your time out.

Blanket statements do not count unless they're racist or religious in nature...sexism is supposed to be another nono---but "all women are evil," makes the cut.

That said, I'm guessing he clicked the little button.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

dang 14r's

and i realize it could be a convertible
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to DD a truck but since I got the Cherokee I've only used it when I had to.

Trucks fucking suck to drive everyday.

My GF drives a Jetta but we end up using my Jeep all the time because the dog won't fit in the back seat.

Lol, dogs love Jeeps. Soft top?

dang 14r's

and i realize it could be a convertible

Sawzall
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Blanket statements do not count unless they're racist or religious in nature...sexism is supposed to be another nono---but "all women are evil," makes the cut.   That said, I'm guessing he clicked the little button.

View Quote

That would be shocking from someone who seems so tolerant.  (sarcasm)
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I dislike people who drive pickups if they don't actually need them.

See, it's not a green thing. I drive a big ass V8 car.

It's that 99.9% of people who drive pickups who don't need them are either douchebags or douchebaggy wannabe country boys.
View Quote

Hard to put a 4 wheeler in the back of a car/suv.  Same for dirty shovels, furniture, nasty dogs, and lots of other junk.  I don't use my truck for things that absolutely require a truck nearly as much as I used to but I've had the same truck for nearly 15 years now.  I'm ok with your angst towards my decision.  

Will add that truck is useless in hauling myself, wife, and 5 kids around though.  For the one day a month that it is just me however it is great to be alone in my old worn out truck.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[personal attack removed - account warning issued - Paul]

View Quote

Worked in an auto parts store.

Stay classy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#15]
To be fair, most of the people who drive pickups that dont need them around my parts are arrogant asshats.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Because pickup trucks are killing the planet and killing their children's future.

breaking windows, keying cars. slashing tires.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
running into more and more locals who are getting aggressive towards pickup owners.

Why are they aggressive?

Because pickup trucks are killing the planet and killing their children's future.

breaking windows, keying cars. slashing tires.

So they see a pickup truck, and then they key a car?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's that 99.9% of people who drive pickups who don't need them are either douchebags or douchebaggy wannabe country boys.
View Quote

I have an idea;

Lets you and me petition our lawmakers to create a law that forces those who want to buy trucks to show proof that they actually need them. Those lowly subjects will need fill out the documentation and pay a fee ($200 sounds about right) and mail it in the the department of transportation for approval.

We can't be letting folks just exercise their rights all willy nilly now can we?

Anyway, back on topic. With all these serfs requesting the right to own an environment damaging truck, those packets might backed up for quite a while. Probably even up to a year. Once approved (if approved) your documentation will be stamped and sent to your truck dealer where he can get your truck out of storage and let you actually take it home instead of just visiting it.

Now, your stamped documentation has to stay with the truck at all times because law enforcement will stop you and they will question your right to own a truck because they are typically too big and powerful for the average citizen. Usually, only law enforcement are professional enough to own trucks.

Yea, thats the ticket.

Oh, and by the way...

*click*
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
you don't need and AR15 or high capacity magazines either, if I follow your dumb ass way of thinking

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#19]
All men should own a pickup. You live in a city/ghetto.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#20]
It will always be acceptable to drive a truck around here. You can't haul a dead deer or firewood in a smart car.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In a pick up truck thread...  

Amazing...I am grateful I didn't get hit with any of the swinging dicks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol So many COC violations.
In a pick up truck thread...  

Amazing...I am grateful I didn't get hit with any of the swinging dicks!

It's still early.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Snip
View Quote

Yet another person that doesn't understand "X should be banned" =/= "People who do x are douchebags"

Like OC of a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#23]
[personal attack removed - Paul]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You just called out a shitload of arfcommers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just called out a shitload of arfcommers.

Cmon man, you know you want one too?  Or have you been convinced you don't need one?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hopefully your troll self will get one also teenr.
View Quote

I'm not trolling, at all.

What would I get a time out for?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no.

You sound like a faggot

Enjoy your time out.

lol I love when non paying members call out us teeners.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So you must hate me 99.9% of the time too.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/500magnumnut/media/gun%20room/truck002_zps94fd1585.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/500magnumnut/gun%20room/truck002_zps94fd1585.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you must hate me 99.9% of the time too.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/500magnumnut/media/gun%20room/truck002_zps94fd1585.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/500magnumnut/gun%20room/truck002_zps94fd1585.jpg</a>

No, you actually used it. You did it redneck style, too. If you have liberal neighbors, you may have induced some cardiac arrhythmia. The typical south Florida pickup will never be used for that purpose, nor will it ever go off-road, unless the owner has a loss of control accident.

The typical south Florida pickup is more of a brotruck owned by a flaming asshole from the northeast. It will be parked across three spaces because otherwise it might get a scratch, and besides, this way everyone can see it better. When asked what sort of "work" is done by the brotruck, the brotruck owner will show a puzzled expression, as if he was trying to translate the word "work' from Aramaic.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#29]
The "rollin' coal" brodozer-driving flat brims are hurting the truck image, similar to the OCT tards regarding gun owners. '14'ers have the same effect in GD.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fuck'em.  
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Try driving onto Long Island NY in one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

A few people need trucks.  Most do not.

Why would you drive a monster dorkmobile when you could have a cool car instead?  The "but I gotta move stuff one in awhile" line is lame.  You can rent a truck almost a whole month for the excess it costs you to own one over even a wasteful cool car...
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Yeah and you dont NEED a big ass V8 car. You can get to point A and B in a small 4 cylinder that gets nearly 3x the gas mileage. People who drive big V8 cars are douchebags and wanna be hot rodders making up for their very tiny penis.

See how that works? Nearly everything we have in our lives we have by choice.  Sans food and water we really don't NEED anything else. I could give 0 fucks about what anyone chooses to do with their own money and neither should you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah and you dont NEED a big ass V8 car. You can get to point A and B in a small 4 cylinder that gets nearly 3x the gas mileage. People who drive big V8 cars are douchebags and wanna be hot rodders making up for their very tiny penis.

See how that works? Nearly everything we have in our lives we have by choice.  Sans food and water we really don't NEED anything else. I could give 0 fucks about what anyone chooses to do with their own money and neither should you.

Exactly.  I have a 4-seat pickup and a 6.2L V8 2-seater in my garage.  Both get used to their full capability maybe 2% of the time.  I worked, I bought them.

Anyone that's got a problem with either on any level has just done me a favor and made it easier for me to identify them as someone I don't give a fuck about.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#34]
I love this thread.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Hate for pickups?

Wyoming: "This here we will never see"

I mean, just look at it from a practical standpoint. Where the heck you gonna put a dog or a dead elk? Anybody tried towing a horse trailer with a Prius? How'd it work out for ya?

Seriously, my town has designated parking spots for "fuel efficient vehicles" at places like the library. I seek them out when I'm driving my long bed club cab to park among the Priuses. I'm waiting to be confronted so I can claim to have the "I build houses for hippies who drive Priuses" exemption.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I live in a Liberal state (duh) and I have not seen this...Husband drives a large pick up--full size, king cab.
Boy child drives a ridiculously lifted Jeep with tires that are bigger than Smartcars
I drive a slightly lifted Jeep on basic 33's.

All of us have NRA stickers and Gadsen stickers on our vehicles.

View Quote

Nice! They must love ya'll up there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Came to post this.  Trucks are WORK vehicles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Came to post this.  Trucks are WORK vehicles.

So I take it you also don't like most people who have guns with tactical lights, lasers, red dots because they aren't high speed operators for a living.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
All men should own a pickup. You live in a city/ghetto.
View Quote

I have zero use for a pickup 99.9% of the time, so I don't own one. I am also secure in my manhood, so I do not need to drive a truck to prove it.

All things aside, there is so much WTF in this thread. If people want to drive a truck, they drive a truck, that simple. Why should anyone care, assuming they are not a hypocritical tree hugger? Most greenies, Espc. Those that live in CA, tend to drive gas guzzling SUVs, wear leather shoes and have 2-5 kids who own loads of Chinese made junk...pot, kettle, black.

Did someone with a truck pee in people's Cheerios at some point?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#44]
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My bed is spotless, because I take pride in ownership of a vehicle, protect the bed when transporting stuff, and clean the truck immediately after use to prevent corrosion. I even remove the ball from the hitch when I am done towing. I don't haul much in my truck though, Duck decoys, hunting, and camping equipment, home supplies, etc... I have 50,000 miles on it, and my tow mileage is just over 2000 miles.   Honestly a guy who doesn't own a truck is a little suspect to me.   I mean how do you do all your "Man stuff" without a truck??    
View Quote

That's cool to me, I'm glad that you take pride in it. You're obviously not one of the people I was talking about.

My "Man stuff" consists of rock climbing and shooting. You can fit a lotta guns and ammo in a trunk.

If I need to haul, I rent a U-Haul. Even 200 $30 rentals over my lifetime will cost less than buying, maintaining, and insuring a truck.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Big pickups, you might eventually see a backlash
Sort of like you saw with the original Hummers
I don't see small pickups ever getting that backlash
They have too much utility to many typical homeowners
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's cool to me, I'm glad that you take pride in it. You're obviously not one of the people I was talking about.

My "Man stuff" consists of rock climbing and shooting. You can fit a lotta guns and ammo in a trunk.

If I need to haul, I rent a U-Haul. Even 200 $30 rentals over my lifetime will cost less than buying, maintaining, and insuring a truck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bed is spotless, because I take pride in ownership of a vehicle, protect the bed when transporting stuff, and clean the truck immediately after use to prevent corrosion. I even remove the ball from the hitch when I am done towing. I don't haul much in my truck though, Duck decoys, hunting, and camping equipment, home supplies, etc... I have 50,000 miles on it, and my tow mileage is just over 2000 miles.   Honestly a guy who doesn't own a truck is a little suspect to me.   I mean how do you do all your "Man stuff" without a truck??    

But a U-Haul doesn't work as a fashion accessory, like a brodozer does.

How will you piss off the granola-eating, Prius-driving hippies?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
running into more and more locals who are getting aggressive towards pickup owners.
View Quote

Time to move, or tell them to fuck off, mind their own fucking business .  Pickups will never go away, EVER!

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top