Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
libbies are socially unacceptable right now if you ask me, push back on them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But a U-Haul doesn't work as a fashion accessory, like a brodozer does.

How will you piss off the granola-eating, Prius-driving hippies?
View Quote

I need an AR bumper sticker, don't I?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a demolition contractor. I should have a carbon footprint of a life on earth planet destroying asteroid. But my diesels are tunes to run clean, and I recycle over half of the debris that we handle (by weight).

I don't give a quick fart in a stiff wind if you don't like my diesel chugging bro dozer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lol no.

I said: The person who buys a truck and doesn't need the huge thing for hauling shit attached to the back is generally douchey. If you use your truck as, you know, a truck that makes sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a happy homeowner. I have a truck, lawnmower and other homey things. I don't drive my truck like this 99.9% of the time.

Lol no.

I said: The person who buys a truck and doesn't need the huge thing for hauling shit attached to the back is generally douchey. If you use your truck as, you know, a truck that makes sense.

It's good to know others are happy to manage MY money for me if I make what seem to them poor choices. I use my truck even when the bed is empty. I also try to keep my truck nice and shiny. How would you know whether or not I "need" my pickup?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

60 percent of the vehicles on the roads up here in AK are pickup trucks.
View Quote
Seems correct.  Our two cars are both big crew cabs.  I went to DC, rented a small car, and drove around with all the other small cars, what a trip.  Felt like bumper cars or something.  I don't get outside much.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Screw you guys, I'll drive my trucks till the wheels fall off.

Mine even has carpet in the bed.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I haul all my firewood in my full-size pickup.  Oh wait.  Now I'm on two shit lists. Damn!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Things are going in the opposite direction here I guess. I think there are more truck drivers than ever and most just like the idea of a truck and have little use for them. Actually as new trucks go, I'm seeing fewer half tons as people really want diesels (and not eco-diesels) so they head to 3/4 and 1 tons. This all just might be my little corner of Idaho though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, I don't need the V8 car, lol. It does drive better in the snow and ice than a little 4 cylinder, though. However, I have definitely noticed a certain type of person than drives a truck with a spotless bed.

I never said I give a fuck about what they do. I am, however, free to notice that people that drive them are generally douches.

ETA: Further clarification: To me, it's like a fake can on a rifle. You can have it, and it's just for looks or show. If you like it, sweet. I'm not trying to ban trucks or your fake can. But I sure have noticed similarities in people with fake cans on their rifles. Get my drift?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah and you dont NEED a big ass V8 car. You can get to point A and B in a small 4 cylinder that gets nearly 3x the gas mileage. People who drive big V8 cars are douchebags and wanna be hot rodders making up for their very tiny penis.

See how that works? Nearly everything we have in our lives we have by choice.  Sans food and water we really don't NEED anything else. I could give 0 fucks about what anyone chooses to do with their own money and neither should you.

No, I don't need the V8 car, lol. It does drive better in the snow and ice than a little 4 cylinder, though. However, I have definitely noticed a certain type of person than drives a truck with a spotless bed.

I never said I give a fuck about what they do. I am, however, free to notice that people that drive them are generally douches.

ETA: Further clarification: To me, it's like a fake can on a rifle. You can have it, and it's just for looks or show. If you like it, sweet. I'm not trying to ban trucks or your fake can. But I sure have noticed similarities in people with fake cans on their rifles. Get my drift?
I've noticed some similarities between 14er's also.

Get my drift?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's good to know others are happy to manage MY money for me if I make what seem to them poor choices. I use my truck even when the bed is empty. I also try to keep my truck nice and shiny. How would you know whether or not I "need" my pickup?
View Quote

I don't want to manage your money or tell you what to do or anything like that.

I said that, in my experience people who buy trucks as a fashion accessory are douchey. People are really extrapolating a lot out of what I said. It was an observation not borne out of malice.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Because pickup trucks are killing the planet and killing their children's future.

breaking windows, keying cars. slashing tires.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
running into more and more locals who are getting aggressive towards pickup owners.

Why are they aggressive?

Because pickup trucks are killing the planet and killing their children's future.

They would have a very bad day if I caught ANYONE damaging my cars/truck.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#12]
NEVER
NEVER
NEVER
NEVER
NEVER
NEVER
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#13]
xxx
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought a truck because I like ground clearence on the road, and I'm anle to observe more of ehats going on.

After my current one dies, I'll be going to a full size, probably a tundra.

I'll never be without a truck.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I guess the italics wasn't enough emphasis, here's some bold too. I was pretty clear in saying that I was specifically referencing people who never use their truck as a truck. So you would not be one of those people...

I dislike people who dislike freedom too. That's why I completely support your right to own a truck, and you should support my right to say fashion-statement trucks are often owned by douches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dislike people who drive pickups if they don't actually need them.

See, it's not a green thing. I drive a big ass V8 car.

It's that 99.9% of people who drive pickups who don't need them are either douchebags or douchebaggy wannabe country boys.

You're not going to safely pull my 8,000 lb trailer with your V8 car.  Of course I only pull it once in a while.  Does that make me a bad person in your eyes?  Should I get a second car, maybe a Prius for when I am not pulling a trailer?  I guess I could really piss off GD and ride my bicycle on the streets.

I dislike people who dislike freedom.

I guess the italics wasn't enough emphasis, here's some bold too. I was pretty clear in saying that I was specifically referencing people who never use their truck as a truck. So you would not be one of those people...

I dislike people who dislike freedom too. That's why I completely support your right to own a truck, and you should support my right to say fashion-statement trucks are often owned by douches.

How do you figure how much someone uses their truck as a truck? Follow them around and check the bed? What is an acceptable number of times per week to haul/tow and not be a douche?
I agree there are a lot of douches driving trucks. And everyone other douche is driving a car.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Cold dead fingers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If I need to haul, I rent a U-Haul. Even 200 $30 rentals over my lifetime will cost less than buying, maintaining, and insuring a truck.
View Quote

So, you're driving down the road in your Prius and you pass a garage sale.  There is an item that catches your eye and you pull in to buy it.  Unfortunately it doesn't fit in your Prius and you need something bigger....like a pickup truck.  You pay for the item and ask the seller, "Can you hold this for me while I go looking for a U-Haul to rent?"  

Got it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Do you really need a 30 rd mag?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And just a note for the purse swingers - further personal attacks will result in timeouts and account locks.

Really - getting your panties in a wad about what someone says about your choice in a vehicle?
View Quote

how about the state you live in
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Fuck'em.  

View Quote

If they get aggressive. ignore them. drive your lane. if they make a mistake you will win the crash, and the police report, and the payday.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So, you're driving down the road in your Prius and you pass a garage sale.  There is an item that catches your eye and you pull in to buy it.  Unfortunately it doesn't fit in your Prius and you need something bigger....like a pickup truck.  You pay for the item and ask the seller, "Can you hold this for me while I go looking for a U-Haul to rent?"  

Got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I need to haul, I rent a U-Haul. Even 200 $30 rentals over my lifetime will cost less than buying, maintaining, and insuring a truck.

Got it.

Makes perfect sense! I mean, why wouldn't you do it that way?

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

running into more and more locals who are getting aggressive towards pickup owners.

Why are they aggressive?

Time to stake out your own truck?

Has this happened to you?

Honestly, the evil side of me wants you to set up an alarm system that electrifies all the metal surfaces on your truck when armed, ad camera and youtube post, and you have some major profit there
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#23]
My 4x4 crew cab Titan gets 12 MPG , gets washed every week, and the only thing that normally gets hauled is my gas jugs when they need filled up. I earned three degree,work my butt off and I drive what I want .

I also own a 370z but in all honesty the big truck is more fun to drive, cars make me feel like I'm sitting on the ground in a little go cart.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Honestly, I don't know how you could be a home owner without a pickup. I am always hauling stuff.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I ran over a live squirrel in my 4 cylinder commuter car earlier this week. Don't think my truck has claimed any lives yet.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You do realize this is a small world and being obnoxious to others might not be the best thing to do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just another citizen that thinks he's the Arbiter of Need, basing his opinion on his feelings about the topic without a shred of fact.

You, just like the rest of the people who got butthurt, are completely misunderstanding this.

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't have it because you don't need a truck. Oh, no. I don't care WHAT you drive.

When you see someone drive a Prius, you probably stereotype that person in some way. I do the same for people with spotless trucks.

Zero fucks given if you don't like it.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y462/staffpicks/Animated_GIFs/cryingbaby.gif

You do realize this is a small world and being obnoxious to others might not be the best thing to do?

I'm predicting his stay here will be short, over the years many like him have came and are gone.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Wondering exactly what "getting aggressive" entails.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm predicting his stay here will be short, many have come and gone like him over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just another citizen that thinks he's the Arbiter of Need, basing his opinion on his feelings about the topic without a shred of fact.

You, just like the rest of the people who got butthurt, are completely misunderstanding this.

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't have it because you don't need a truck. Oh, no. I don't care WHAT you drive.

When you see someone drive a Prius, you probably stereotype that person in some way. I do the same for people with spotless trucks.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y462/staffpicks/Animated_GIFs/cryingbaby.gif

I'm predicting his stay here will be short, many have come and gone like him over the years.

lol. What the fuck ever man.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Evil looks
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Ok, i just watched the video and it would have been priceless for the wife to call 911

"911, whats your emergency"

"yes im at ---- and there is an angry woman acting unstably and aggressively in front of my kids. Im starting to fear for their safety. Please send Someone, My husband am armed and will defend our children if this escalates" (the last part is because a)we would want them out there as quickly as possible because i DON'T want to shoot someone, but lays the groundwork for self defence if she decides to turn physical  b)it tells the aggressive fat woman that she just stepped into a huge pile of shit she is not ready for without threatening her directly.)

then watch the fat fuck screech like the screaming piglet she is, and get the licenses plate and file a report.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's that 99.9% of people who drive pickups who don't need them are either douchebags or douchebaggy wannabe country boys.
View Quote

Pretty much.

My truck doesn't move unless there is work to be done, the roads are that bad or just to get a few miles on it because it's sat for a while. One of my neighbors has a pickup that he drives every day and it is nothing more than a beer hauler. He works in a warehouse and calls himself a cowboy with his cute little Toyota, lol.

Trucks weren't meant to be a fashion statement.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

And just a note for the purse swingers - further personal attacks will result in timeouts and account locks.

Really - getting your panties in a wad about what someone says about your choice in a vehicle?
View Quote

Is Saturday morning.  What else are we supposed to be doing?

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could be anything, but I've noticed some distaste for pickups in these parts for awhile.  

A few years back, a buddy of mine parallel parked his truck on the side of a residential street for some festival, or something.  Parking was pretty scarce, and he really had to squeeze it in there.  When it was time to leave, someone left a nasty note on his windshield that addressed his parking, and choice of vehicle.  

People are assholes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#36]
You'd be surprised what you can fit in the hatch of a '02 camaro.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#37]
There are very few pickups in Charlottesville. I always smile when I see some college kid in a beater 80s F150. My kind of people :)

Meanwhile, all the hippies want to ride in my Jeep. I enjoy the look on their faces when I tell them I get 13 MPG with the 4cyl.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Pickups and their drivers suck. Too many times I've been at a two-lane stop and a pickup pulls up next to me and blocks my view. Can't do anything until pickup moves. Also have a huge gouge in my brand new car from a door hit from a pickup in a parking spot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are they aggressive?

All while not realizing every one of those actions leads to more pollution from repairing the damage.  Envirowacks are such tards.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Never I hope.  Pickup trucks are great.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
Say something about my Jeep and I will cut you.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#42]
When cute girls stop driving them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you planning on Arocking him?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who the hell are you to decide what other people need and don't need?

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Fuck them drive whatever you want.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Blanket statements do not count unless they're racist or religious in nature...sexism is supposed to be another nono---but "all women are evil," makes the cut.   That said, I'm guessing he clicked the little button.

View Quote

But women are evil.  Evil in a good way.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why are they aggressive?

Why does this shit NEVER happen to me.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you take enough exception to reply to a comment that was not directed at you?

Retread much?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#49]
As soon as more men become more comfortable with their sexuality.

I'll still keep an older/cheaper truck around for the few times a year I haul yard debris or meterial for a project but otherwise driving a big doofy vehicle tear round just for those few times you need a truck is fucking madness to me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya I'm a little unsure of what he was trying to say there as well.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top