Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Not disappointed with this one at all, just see it on the biggest screen you can.

One of the handful of movies I have seen where, the audience clapped at the end.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw it last night
I would describe it as "pretty but dumb"
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw it last night
View Quote

Totally wrong.  The science had some handwaving in it, but it was a very intelligent movie for a SF film.  Most SF films are big explosions and humanoid looking aliens.  This was like something that could have been written by David Brin or Robert Charles Wilson.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It was visually interesting.  The acting was decent.  The details such as sound in space, and docking maneuvers, were decent.

But the person who pointed out that Nolan needed a copy of KSP before he wrote the script was dead on.  The delta-v issues were massive holes in the plot, and on top of that the whole concept of rushing from point A to point B in space while pulling off a literal version of the Kessel Run was not just scientifically shitty, but disappointing from a plot/pacing/audience perspective of building appropriate drama.

I was sincerely hoping for a movie like Inception, that manages to keep building tension and complexity to the plot without getting impossibly hard to follow or seeming contrived.  I'm not much of one to try to peer ahead and guess the ending halfway through the movie, but it was pretty obvious what was going to happen to anyone with a background in science fiction.  I truly felt this wasn't up to Nolan's previous skill at weaving a truly epic storyline together.

And apparently I'm alone in being disappointed by Zimmer's soundtrack.  I'm a huge fan of tons of his scores: Crimson Tide, Inception, Batman, Broken Arrow, etc.  This was the first time that I felt cheated out of a true movie score worthy of the film itself.  The main theme was mediocre at best, and there wasn't much beyond it.  Contrasted to Inception or The Dark Knight, a large portion of the drama that should have been present, simply wasn't - because the score needed to drive those emotions was conspicuously absent or bland.
View Quote

Valid points.  Interstellar was good but Inception was way better.  I didn't think about the soundtrack until you mentioned it but yeah, not Zimmer's best work.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got back and loved it!  Sure there are a few things here and there that defy reality but at the end of the day you've got to move the story forward and I really didn't feel that he took it to the point of insulting the audience.

I hope this movie does well to encourage Hollywood to take a few more stabs each year at ORIGINAL content.  The alternative is the monthly dose of canned superhero movies and remakes that we've been getting for the past decade.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got back from seeing the movie with the wife and kids.  

Thanks to those that gave me a heads up on it's appropriateness for kids.  It was fine.  As someone wrote, I think I heard "fuck" once.   Although I think it was a little long for my youngest daughter (age 8), she made it through it.  It even generated a lot questions about the science portrayed in the movie, which I thought was cool.  

I saw it in true IMAX.  My only complaint, which someone mentioned earlier in this thread, is I found the sound level very distracting.  There were parts of the movie where I had a hard time following the dialogue because of the sound level.  But visually it was worth it.

It  was one of the better movies I've seen in quite a awhile.  It's really hard to compare it to the dumbed down comic book action crap Hollywood seems fixated on.  While there wasn't a whole lot of ground-breaking ideas, it was a "smart" movie. Nolan played with elements and ideas from 2001, Silent Running, and several other classic sci-fi flicks from the past.  But he blended it well, and gave it a new spin.  I didn't feel cheated. I'd see it again. It was well worth the price of admission.  

I guess they MIGHT be able to make a sequel.  But I hope they don't.    

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Totally wrong.  The science had some handwaving in it, but it was a very intelligent movie for a SF film.  Most SF films are big explosions and humanoid looking aliens.  This was like something that could have been written by David Brin or Robert Charles Wilson.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw it last night

I'm supposed to just believe that the US has walked away from all science for a  decade, but NASAs been secretly funded that whole time to the point of launching into space and sending a crew that hasn't trained together at all
Then you have a pilot who hasn't flown for a decade but is able to just jump into two or three different craft that he has never flown before and fly them under adverse conditions....sorry, but I found too many suspensions of disbelief

I understand the whole thing about explosions and humanoid robots. This one relied too much on an overly loud soundtrack.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm supposed to just believe that the US has walked away from all science for a  decade, but NASAs been secretly funded that whole time to the point of launching into space and sending a crew that hasn't trained together at all

Then you have a pilot who hasn't flown for a decade but is able to just jump into two or three different craft that he has never flown before and fly them under adverse conditions....sorry, but I found too many suspensions of disbelief
I understand the whole thing about explosions and humanoid robots. This one relied too much on an overly loud soundtrack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw it last night

I don't think you are supposed to believe the crew "didn't train", or that a pilot just jumped in and started flying.

In fact I think you're supposed to assume the opposite.  As a director Nolan didn't waste time trying to cram in their experience "training" for the mission.  He also didn't show engineers working diligently designing and building the ships...launching the components into space, and a shit load of other stuff that we can safely assume happened.  

I didn't see any of that as problem.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was good.  If I ignore the extremely bad science... it had a great story. Very remenicent of 2001 in terms of theme.

The only bad science I could pick out is the ridiculous delta v they had to get back into orbit, yet were complaining about not enough at other times.

As for the black hole, well we don't really know what is going on. Current theories are: Entire Universe inside, Complete destruction of Universal Laws, Higher Dimensions. Hawking posits that since information shouldn't be able to be destroyed, either it literally collects all past information or it is a bridge to another dimension or multiverse.

I enjoyed the movie, great visuals and shot framing, excellent music and sound(So thrilled that there was no sound when the camera was out in space, unlike the science abomination Gravity). I could see cutting out some of the slower Earth scenes but I believe they were there to reinforce the "Love is transcendent" theme. So it worked for me.

I personally think black hole is stupid. I am in the camp that black hole does not exist. Lots of great scientist like Einstein does not believe in black hole. Since the discovery of the firewall paradox the foremost expert on black hole Stephen Hawking does not believe in them anymore. Can you imagine spending your entire life on one subject and now near the end it is clear you got everything wrong.

Laura Mersini-Houghton and Herald P. Pfeiffer are part of a long list of scientists showing Black Hole doesn't exist. This time with mathematical proof.

Black Hole is a desperate attempt to try to prove the Big Bang Theory is correct. One bad theory lead to another and the result is countless years lost.

lol

LoL what? Do you even read scientific news? Why don't you google "No Black Holes Exist, Says Stephen Hawking".  It was one of the biggest science news story this year. Google Firewall Paradox which destroy Black Hole theory and forced Stephen Hawking into saying Black Holes Does Not Exist. Or Google Laura Mersini-Houghton Black Hole Equation which proved under Hawking Radiation a dead collapsed star shed too much mass too quickly to become a black hole. Einstein and other great scientists do not believe in Black Holes.

Black Holes contains numerous paradoxes and break some fundamental laws. Without Black Hole there is no singularity. If there is no singularity there is no Big Bang. This is a continuation of a long list of proofs, paradoxes, and breaking of fundamental laws in the Big Bang Theory.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LoL what? Do you even read scientific news? Why don't you google "No Black Holes Exist, Says Stephen Hawking".  It was one of the biggest science news story this year. Google Firewall Paradox which destroy Black Hole theory and forced Stephen Hawking into saying Black Holes Does Not Exist. Or Google Laura Mersini-Houghton Black Hole Equation which proved under Hawking Radiation a dead collapsed star shed too much mass too quickly to become a black hole. Einstein and other great scientists do not believe in Black Holes.

Black Holes contains numerous paradoxes and break some fundamental laws. Without Black Hole there is no singularity. If there is no singularity there is no Big Bang. This is a continuation of a long list of proofs, paradoxes, and breaking of fundamental laws in the Big Bang Theory.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was good.  If I ignore the extremely bad science... it had a great story. Very remenicent of 2001 in terms of theme.

The only bad science I could pick out is the ridiculous delta v they had to get back into orbit, yet were complaining about not enough at other times.

As for the black hole, well we don't really know what is going on. Current theories are: Entire Universe inside, Complete destruction of Universal Laws, Higher Dimensions. Hawking posits that since information shouldn't be able to be destroyed, either it literally collects all past information or it is a bridge to another dimension or multiverse.

I enjoyed the movie, great visuals and shot framing, excellent music and sound(So thrilled that there was no sound when the camera was out in space, unlike the science abomination Gravity). I could see cutting out some of the slower Earth scenes but I believe they were there to reinforce the "Love is transcendent" theme. So it worked for me.

I personally think black hole is stupid. I am in the camp that black hole does not exist. Lots of great scientist like Einstein does not believe in black hole. Since the discovery of the firewall paradox the foremost expert on black hole Stephen Hawking does not believe in them anymore. Can you imagine spending your entire life on one subject and now near the end it is clear you got everything wrong.

Laura Mersini-Houghton and Herald P. Pfeiffer are part of a long list of scientists showing Black Hole doesn't exist. This time with mathematical proof.

Black Hole is a desperate attempt to try to prove the Big Bang Theory is correct. One bad theory lead to another and the result is countless years lost.

lol

What is in the middle of our galaxy?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw it last night

Where the hell did you get the idea that they hadn't trained?  Because I believe you found that somewhere in your butt and pulled it out.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

LoL what? <snip>

Pro tip:  When you call something "stupid", your credibility is important.  Make sure to use proper grammar.  

Debating the controversy around Mersini-Houghton and Pfeiffe's work is a bit off topic for this thread.  But I have to say this, science doesn't work the way you seem to think it works.  It really is a work in progress.  This may be hard to understand, but finding problems with a theory is actually a good thing.  It's not a wasted effort to come up with a hypothesis and develop it into a theory, only to have that theory fall apart.  It simply means we're making progress. Science is the pursuit of truth.  

Until we get a unified theory of physics, making the math work for a great many things in cosmology is very tough.  For example, you need both newtonian and quantum physics even to attempt to explain singularities, and we can't reconcile the two...yet.  So the jury is still out.  However, we do have some compelling observational evidence that there is something massive, which we cannot see, at the center of our own galaxy, as well as other spiral galaxies.  We also have evidence for gravitational lensing, and we do have a fairly decent (although as I said, incomplete) working understanding of the relationship of gravity, light, space, and time.

Science is "controversial".  Meaning that NOTHING is settled.  We're still learning.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

You need to read more than the headlines.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#15]
ARFCOM, where everybody is a quantum physics guru.

And, I enjoyed the movie. I didn't go into it thinking I was going to receive advanced physics lessons, I went into it knowing that I enjoy Christopher Nolan's way of telling stories and who he chooses for cinematographers. Visually beautiful, engaging story, and I was entertained by being taken away on a journey for a couple of hours. Was it all correct science? How the fuck would I know, I'm not a physicist. But I enjoyed the movie, nevertheless.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#16]
It was the perfect mix of Gravity and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#18]
"Singularity" is one of these placeholder words that the scientists occasionally use to express the unexplainable.  The literal translation would be "I have no explanation but I am inventing a word to explain what I can't explain".

There ain't no such thing as a singularity.  

However, Hollywood is using it to make a movie to get people to pay money to see it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw it last night

Agreed. If you understand orbital mechanics, keep quiet. We don't care. It's close enough. Complaining about Delta-V but not saying anything about cryosleep. I don't hear people picking apart Transformers. I don't need anymore Michael Bay and Honda Civics with Transformer stickers on them. We need more movies like this.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Agreed. If you understand orbital mechanics, keep quiet. We don't care. It's close enough. Complaining about Delta-V but not saying anything about cryosleep. I don't hear people picking apart Transformers. I don't need anymore Michael Bay and Honda Civics with Transformer stickers on them. We need more movies like this.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw it last night

I agree.

It's strange that people will go watch some of the most far out, fanciful films, CGI movie comics, ...and enjoy them for what they are.  But because this one has some good science in it, they seem to want to hold to the standard of a scientific documentary.  Hell, it's a science FICTION movie, it's not a science lecture.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<cut>

^This.  "No, no, your monkey has got it right sir."  Obtuse reference.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]

4.5/5 stars
Good sci-fi and thought-provoking movie. Expanded the concepts of black-hole experience that movies haven't done before. Visually very good also. Characters were interesting and had good believable dialogue.
Questions though:
1. If "they" were "themselves", then who put the black hole/worm-hole by Saturn? Future humans? So humans did survive without the wormhole long enough to develop technology to produce a wormhole and become extra-dimensional beings so that past humans can be saved?
2. Did Cooper send himself the coordinates like he sent the word "stay"? If so, WHY send himself the coordinates if he didn't want himself to go? If not, then who did send the coordinates?

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#23]
^^^ Poster above has some good questions ^^^

Quoted:
Wow. Just wow.

Nolan is operating on a completely different level than pretty much any other director these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Wow. Just wow.

Nolan is operating on a completely different level than pretty much any other director these days.

+1

Just saw it this afternoon at an IMAX.

Best movie I've seen in a while. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time so the three hours wasn't an issue. A couple of teary eyed moments. I'd see it again in IMAX and I'll end up purchasing it.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw it last night

And you never see any of the characters peeing or showering. Do they not pee or shower?!
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Good sci-fi and thought-provoking movie. Expanded the concepts of black-hole experience that movies haven't done before. Visually very good also. Characters were interesting and had good believable dialogue.

Questions though:

1. If "they" were "themselves", then who put the black hole/worm-hole by Saturn? Future humans? So humans did survive without the wormhole long enough to develop technology to produce a wormhole and become extra-dimensional beings so that past humans can be saved?

2. Did Cooper send himself the coordinates like he sent the word "stay"? If so, WHY send himself the coordinates if he didn't want himself to go? If not, then who did send the coordinates?

View Quote

1. time loops.  There was never a first time. it always happened that way.  they're annoying but that's the way it is.

2. he sent stay first.  Then he changed his mind and sent the coordinates to himself at a point in time before the time when he sent stay.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I was going to totally blast you for this comment, in umpteen years of Star Trek, you never saw a toilet, much less the Millennium Falcon. (WTH did Chewie use? A cat box?), Even in 2001 you only saw the instructions...

But then I realized I'd really like seeing Anne Hathaway showering.. hell even peeing wouldn't be bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you never see any of the characters peeing or showering. Do they not pee or shower?!

I was going to totally blast you for this comment, in umpteen years of Star Trek, you never saw a toilet, much less the Millennium Falcon. (WTH did Chewie use? A cat box?), Even in 2001 you only saw the instructions...

But then I realized I'd really like seeing Anne Hathaway showering.. hell even peeing wouldn't be bad.

It was more of a knock on tc556guy belief that if it wasn't in the movie it never happened.

but I'm with you too, I wouldn't mind watching Anne Hathaway pee on me.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

1. time loops.  There was never a first time. it always happened that way.  they're annoying but that's the way it is.

2. he sent stay first.  Then he changed his mind and sent the coordinates to himself at a point in time before the time when he sent stay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Questions though:

For #2, you're right he changed his mind but he first sent the book message and then pretty much right after that he sent the message with the dust. It wasn't some point in time before the "stay" message.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Questions though:

I hate time-loops in movies.  It was one of two things in the movie that I just did not like at all.  The other was the notion that you'd survive the crossing of a black hole's event horizon.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Questions though:

1. Cop-out. IOW, the wormhole and entire journey was unnecessary... because it had already been done. Cop-out.

2. I don't remember him changing his mind in the movie, or even him sending the coordinates. I saw him send "stay" and then code the black-hole information in the movement of the watch's second hand. But don't remember him ever first sending out the coordinates. When was that?

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I hate time-loops in movies.  It was one of two things in the movie that I just did not like at all.  The other was the notion that you'd survive the crossing of a black hole's event horizon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Questions though:

Yeah, but he ejected so that saved him.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:07:56 AM EDT
[#32]
For those that watched it. This should help explain it

Don't click on this. Major spoiler.

Click To View Spoiler Right click open image in new tab to see in full size.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:11:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Great movie, I liked it a lot. I don't understand the 5th dimension thing though.
View Quote

Amazing movie. Loved how they were affected by the relativity of time.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Cool.

But the whole idea of building a wormhole to send your past-self the plans on how to build a wormhole so that you can live to send your past-self the plans on how to build a wormhole so that you can live to send your past-self the plans on how to build a wormhole so that you can live to send your past-self the plans on how to build a wormhole so that you can live to send your past-self the plans on how to build a wormhole.... is a cop-out.

Why not just have Cooper wake up and find out it was all just a dream!

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Questions though:

Well it seems it was somehow related to the wormhole as it shit him out next to Saturn.   But why did the ship break apart but he's fine.  

The ending was very much (and then they lived happily ever after) like.   I'll forgive it because otherwise there were fantastic moments, like the how f'ing tiny you are shot as they pass Saturn and the docking procedure at 68DPS.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

1. Cop-out. IOW, the wormhole and entire journey was unnecessary... because it had already been done. Cop-out.

2. I don't remember him changing his mind in the movie, or even him sending the coordinates. I saw him send "stay" and then code the black-hole information in the movement of the watch's second hand. But don't remember him ever first sending out the coordinates. When was that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Questions though:

He sent the coordinates with the dust. Pretty much at the same part of the movie where he sent the other clues.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Great movie, I liked it a lot. I don't understand the 5th dimension thing though.

Amazing movie. Loved how they were affected by the relativity of time.

What a mind fuck that would be.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Wait, let me guess... "Goddidit", right?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

As someone who has not seen the movie... I can safely say it didn't spoil it for me primarily because it makes no sense to someone who hasn't seen it!

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#39]
I thought it was a great film, I don't understand how people can make assumptions they skipped training or magically get to places in no time.  The film was almost three hours long as is, you have to make sacrifices to emphasize the right story telling points and move things along.  Really good film, one of the best sci-fi films I've seen in a long while.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well it seems it was somehow related to the wormhole as it shit him out next to Saturn.   But why did the ship break apart but he's fine.  

The ending was very much (and then they lived happily ever after) like.   I'll forgive it because otherwise there were fantastic moments, like the how f'ing tiny you are shot as they pass Saturn and the docking procedure at 68DPS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Questions though:

Yeah that was great. Very Kubrickish.

And the ending should have been him collapsing into nonexistance along with the tesseract. But, Hollywood.

Still a good movie though.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

He sent the coordinates with the dust. Pretty much at the same part of the movie where he sent the other clues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Questions though:

I guess I must have missed that part while I was scouring around the bottom of the box for the last junior mint.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:57:14 AM EDT
[#42]
"What's your trust setting?"

"Lower than yours, apparently."

Just got back for my second viewing and I think it is going to be one of my all time favorites.  I'd like to see it a third time in IMAX.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#43]
What happened to the other 9 planets? They sent people to 12, but only 3 were covered in the movie AFAIK.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:05:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What happened to the other 9 planets? They sent people to 12, but only 3 were covered in the movie AFAIK.
View Quote

They went to the most promising system. The 3 planets were closest together making that trip the best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sucks to be them.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Box office looks good. $50mm opening weekend isn't chump change and on par with Gravity. It'll be interesting to see if it has legs.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:38:52 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

You are being dark-sided!

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:28:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4.5/5 stars

Questions though:

it was right after he sent stay.  He had to search for the moment in time when there was dust in the room so he could send it... which he received before he received the stay message.  Then he sent the black hole data to the watch.

order of sending is not the same as order received.

Sent stay

Sent coord.

Sent data

Received coord

Received stay

Received data

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:29:21 AM EDT
[#49]
just got back from seeing it

really good film
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

If the black hole is massive enough, the event horizon is far enough away from the center that you wouldn't really notice that you'd crossed it.  A smaller black hole with the event horizon closer in would have ripped you to shreds before you got to it.

There was something briefly said about it just before they went to the black hole.

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top