Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you buy your potato with food stamps?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Essential nutrients, yo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's another little gem I had no idea about:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Here's another little gem I had no idea about:

In July 2009, Change.org announced they had negotiated an agreement with Rockstar resulting in the release of a statement that affirmed the company's continuing support for LGBT rights. In addition, Rockstar agreed to donate $100,000 to LGBT rights organizations.[24] The Bilerico Project, an LGBTQ group, took credit for facilitating the agreement. They reported that Rockstar CFO Janet Weiner had stepped down from her role as CFO of Savage Productions "as an apparent statement of solidarity with equality advocates" which had not been requested as part of the agreement.

that kinda reads like "give us money or we will smear you for being Anti-LGBT"
isnt that what Chickfila went through when they said no we will not be giving money to your charity?
didnt really work out all that well considering they went on to sell a butt load of hate chicken in the following weeks/months
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I do not lose sleep over welfare recipient's nutritional choices.
View Quote

When I'm buying hamburger and the cocksucker if front of me is buying ribeyes with his EBT card,
I get pissed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I do not lose sleep over welfare recipient's nutritional choices.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Makes me wish I had an EBT card.  

Monster gets expensive.
View Quote
It does.

It's good wrench turning fuel for those late nights in the garage...

I use MY money, though.  Not yours.

Also, fuck welfare rats, Obama, and most other politicians (especially Democrats).
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see what the problem is.  EBT only cost those that pay in about $5.8 BILLION a month.  (This does not include administrative cost and is down from 6.5 last year)
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's a marketing gimmick. There's no government group that sits around approving individual products.

Basically, if it's meant to be consumed by a human, and it's not hot or alcohol, it's eligible. It's been that way since at least the 80's, if not well before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had to look up where Rockstar is based to see what congressman they bought off to get that shit EBT approved.  To my surprise, Rockstar was founded by the son of Michael Savage, Russell Weiner.

It's a marketing gimmick. There's no government group that sits around approving individual products.

Basically, if it's meant to be consumed by a human, and it's not hot or alcohol, it's eligible. It's been that way since at least the 80's, if not well before.

That's a good point, but the eligibility of energy drinks did have to be considered at some point, and that consideration was apparently done by bureaucrats.

“Junk Food” & Luxury Items

The Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 (the Act) defines eligible food as any food or food product for home consumption and also includes seeds and plants which produce food for consumption by SNAP households. The Act precludes the following items from being purchased with SNAP benefits:  alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, hot food and any food sold for on-premises consumption. Nonfood items such as pet foods, soaps, paper products, medicines and vitamins, household supplies, grooming items, and cosmetics, also are ineligible for purchase with SNAP benefits.  

Soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, and ice cream are food items and are therefore eligible items
Seafood, steak, and bakery cakes are also food items and are therefore eligible items
Since the current definition of food is a specific part of the Act, any change to this definition would require action by a member of Congress. Several times in the history of SNAP, Congress had considered placing limits on the types of food that could be purchased with program benefits. However, they concluded that designating foods as luxury or non-nutritious would be administratively costly and burdensome. Further detailed information about the challenges of restricting the use of SNAP benefits can be found here:

Report -- Implications of Restricting the use of Food Stamp Benefits

Energy Drinks

When considering the eligibility of energy drinks
, and other branded products, the primary determinant is the type of product label chosen by the manufacturer to conform to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines:

Energy drinks that have a nutrition facts label are eligible foods
Energy drinks that have a supplement facts label are classified by the FDA as supplements, and are therefore not eligible

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I just want the ebt to be eliminated from buying gas. eliminate the Bush phones also
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Pretty sure bubble gum is EBT approved too
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just want the ebt to be eliminated from buying gas. eliminate the Bush phones also
View Quote

If we get rid of EBTs all together, lots  and lots and lots of problems would go away.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow.

Is that pandering or what?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Be mad at the law makers that allow it to happen, not the corporations.

View Quote

This.  You can't blame a corporation for trying to sell their product.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Talk about removing all incentive to get off of government assistance.

It's not just an inner city thing.  If you drive out in the country where a lot of people live in trailers you'll find the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#17]
There's a meme out there somewhere that goes something like this:

"FOOD PEOPLE CAN BUY WITH FOOD-STAMPS SHOULD COMPLY WITH MICHELLE OBAMA'S SCHOOL LUNCH MENU"

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Not really.

I have bigger worries.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#19]
For those that aren't upset by this, please consider:

As gun owners, we are subjected to a massive amount of bullshit regulations and laws, that we or the firearms industry have to spend billions in order to just have it heard by the supreme court.  Then, how often are we successful after all the money and effort? And that's with a FUCKING CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT backing us up.

Yet, when it comes to food stamps, our govt claims it would be too difficult / expensive to specifically define what is eligible.  Wow, good thing our taxes get spent on that USDA branch!

So, let's sum this up:

When it comes to the second amendment of the constitution: It's real easy for the govt to specifically define what is "eligible", and if people don't like it- fuck them, let em take it to court.

Food stamps? If it's uncooked "food" and doesn't get you drunk, it's good to go.

Doesn't this sound a little backwards to everybody?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I see these hoodrats leaving corner stores all the time with booze, cigs, swisher sweets, etc.

While it does piss me off, I have bigger shit to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Agree 100%
That's the part that pisses me off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree 100%
That's the part that pisses me off.

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'd be pretty pissed, too, if my camera took such blurry pictures.
View Quote

What, you don't smear vaseline on your camera phone lens?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Marketing an energy drink to the FSA, who dedicate their lives to sloth and lethargy?

Yea, makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder how long until firearm purchases are allowed with EBT. I mean even the poor are entitled to self defense, right?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#29]
BRING BACK THE CHEESE TRUCKS!

When I was a kid in the 80's, it was still an embarrassing thing to be on food stamps...I'd see my buddys buying candy bars with the coupons and getting cash back so they're moms could buy cigarettes.

They'd try to play it off like they were just doing a favor for someone

If you got a free school lunch, they gave you a little card that they punched holes in, and everyone would look at you in line funny.

By the early 90's, it didn't seem like as big of a deal though...

...times change I guess
Speed
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#31]

I was in Destin, Florida for Labor Day weekend. We were shopping for seafood and the store had big bags of king crab legs, that had an "EBT approved" sticker on the bag. I blurted out a huge curse when I saw that, and got chastised for my language.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I wish I could get me some FitAid on EBT.  I've been spending a couple hundred bucks a month on those, I think.  Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Fucked up indeed.  I could care less that the FSA is destroying their renal, pancreatic and hepatic systems...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#34]
never drank the stuff. so thats where all the EBT money is going....
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Fucked up indeed.  I could care less that the FSA is destroying their renal, pancreatic and hepatic systems...
View Quote
I agree, but we wage earning tax payers are paying for their healthcare also...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Took this one at Autozone awhile back.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If we get rid of EBTs all together, lots  and lots and lots of problems would go away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

...and new, different problems would arise. If dem po EBTers lost their EBT I would imagine crime would go up quite a bit. Ain't none of 'em got time to provide for themselves. I am against EBT completely but am not to awful excited to see what would happen if it did...

...although I do think that is the best course of action.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I noticed this little gem a couple of weeks ago.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey, don't bash my EBT man.
You knows I needs it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#40]
The White House just stated their okay with welfare benefits being used to pay for 'medical" marijuana.

Therefore, if smoking taxpayer subsidized weed is okay, then EBT Rockstar only makes sense!

Weed might make you sleepy, Rockstar allows you to be a productive member of society!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Takes a lot more than that to make me angry these days.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#43]
maybe slightly irritiated but not blood boiling
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, it's almost like getting pissed at Magpul because the ATF doesn't let you buy post-1986 MG's.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Took this one at Autozone awhile back.

http://www.test.compoverhaul.com/images/ar15/fun/ebt.jpg
View Quote

EBT is an acronym for electronic benefit transfer, and covers more than just food stamps.  A lot of states use the EBT cards to handle all assistance people are on, replacing the old "first of the month" government welfare check.  It cheaper and easier to manage than sending out checks, which is why the treasury offers tax refunds on prepaid debit cards as well.  EBT cash, as listed on your sign, is a debit card that can be used to purchase anything.  That's caused a lot of confusion in this thread, but people aren't actually buying beer with food stamps.  They're buying it with the welfare money all of us productive members of society are paying them.  It's not any better, but it's easier to understand.  The energy drinks. however, are food stamp eligible.  The manufacturers changed the labels to identify them as beverages instead of supplements, which is all it took.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Don't hate the player hate the game. I worked with a guy that ate Digiorno Pizza and had a Monster everyday for lunch and would bring in 3 pound bags of peanut M&Ms all bought on EBT. I kinda like Rock Star I have one everyday with my lunch, I buy it though. And my phone takes crappy pics also.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

FUCK EBT...

Damn welfare used to be something folks felt ashamed to use and was only a crutch...now it's a badge of honor...
OP, you would be shocked at what can be bought with our welfare money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck rock star

FUCK EBT...

Damn welfare used to be something folks felt ashamed to use and was only a crutch...now it's a badge of honor...
OP, you would be shocked at what can be bought with our welfare money.

Elections ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone else notice the irony?

Energy drinks for the FSA?!

Ahhh, .gov, you crazy!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top