Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
At my current employer, I "could" be selected but in the 6 years I have never.

As for my collegiate days, when the school was paying my tuition, I had randoms.

They school officials wouldn't care, they would be in the bathroom, but they didn't watch.

If you couldn't produce any then you had 10 minutes to drink some water and get some out.

As for the NCAA officials.

They would hold it, refuse to let you touch the cup, and watch you go.

If you didn't produce any, it was an automatic positive.

I had 4 of those tests. All handled by guys. It sucked. First time I was shocked and produced just enough.

As for the girls, they could hold the cup, (from what I was told).

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
over shoot and soak her shoes the next time
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Never once.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, on employment you take it at their place. Random ones are at our office. Neither does anyone else enter the bathroom. If you can't piss they give you 2 hours from the time they give you the bottle to fill with a sample.

It really has nothing to do with our office work but we have a contract and it's part of that, and at any time anyone in the office may have to go out on site inside a refinery, chemical plant, or nuke plant at any time. Out of the office I make the trips most often.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Since I have a cdl I can be asked at any time to take a dot piss test and breathalyzer. I had to take a random this morning and the lady can't leave the bathroom or leave you alone while you fill the cup.

I feel violated.
View Quote

I don't think that's a DOT testing requirement, sounds like she was just curious.

(FWIW I've only heard of "monitored sample submission" for people doing court-ordered treatments.)
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes. I work in the energy sector including nukes. I can get randoms from my employer and any nuke plant I'm at.

I've had 6 or 7 randoms this year.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They take a snip of hair off our heads to analyze.  They say it gives them about a six month window from toke to busted.
View Quote

That's fuckin sad.  Talk about getting it from the man 24/7/365.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
At my current employer, I "could" be selected but in the 6 years I have never.

As for my collegiate days, when the school was paying my tuition, I had randoms.
They school officials wouldn't care, they would be in the bathroom, but they didn't watch.
If you couldn't produce any then you had 10 minutes to drink some water and get some out.

As for the NCAA officials.
They would hold it, refuse to let you touch the cup, and watch you go.
If you didn't produce any, it was an automatic positive.

I had 4 of those tests. All handled by guys. It sucked. First time I was shocked and produced just enough.

As for the girls, they could hold the cup, (from what I was told).

View Quote

College sports is serious business, yo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
It is part of our corporate policy, but I don't know anyone that has been pulled for one.

If you have an accident at work, you will be asked to do a full report and a UA.  I once had to go in to urgent care for a minor injury and they pulled out the cup.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes.

I took one the day I was hired, and then shortly after WA legalized recreational pot. Been here 7+ years now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#12]
USCG/DOT tested. If I fail I automatically lose my Captain's license for a year.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Am I the only asshole that totally disagrees with this shit?  And I don't even toke.

I suppose it depends on what kind of work you do though after all...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I have never known anyone to be randomly tested, but it is in my employment contract that I can be asked to be tested at any time. Wouldn't bother me though if I were to be asked too. I do not drink alcohol or do drugs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes. Required by federal law due to the nature of our business (uranium enrichment).
View Quote

FSA Uranium needs to get a job and earn its own way without some kind of federal subsidization program to enrich it.

No, no tests here. Maybe manufacturing, but not development.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes they do but they don't watch.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Am I the only asshole that totally disagrees with this shit?  And I don't even toke.

View Quote

I'm with you; I'm much more of a "I don't care what you do outside of work as long as your work doesn't suffer".

Truck drivers I get -- they are largely unsupervised throughout the day, so it may be hard to tell until after an accident occurs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I have had my cdl for almost 2 years but haven't had a random yet. Only pre-empoyment urine and hair. I don't have anything to worry about but I've known a couple of guys that shouldn't have passed and did. It's a waste of time and money, but I'm sure it makes the insurance companies happy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah, random in that I keep getting chosen while the pot smokers get passed over every time.

Whatever, I get paid two hours to go take it so I really don't care other than it's a complete annoyance.
View Quote

We got 8 hours OT if we wanted.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Just took a piss test today for a new job I start on Mon. They didn't watch but put a blue pill in the toilet that turned the water blue and they made me lock up everything in my pockets in a lockbox.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They take a snip of hair off our heads to analyze.  They say it gives them about a six month window from toke to busted.

They shaved a side of our leg knee to ankle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about wimenz? Did they have to find someplace else to shave?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Since I have a cdl I can be asked at any time to take a dot piss test and breathalyzer. I had to take a random this morning and the lady can't leave the bathroom or leave you alone while you fill the cup.

I feel violated.
View Quote

So she didn't like what she saw....
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did that to me once because my hair was not 1/4" or longer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#26]
No.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Technically yes, but it's not random at all.

Never miss a day of work?  Model employee?  You are randomly not selected.

Travel to Jamaica?  Show up to work looking like you had a weekend long bender?  Congratulations, you've been randomly selected!  
View Quote

We were random tested by policy, but I only ever got called when I returned from vacation or a hospital stay.  Great, I've been hospitalized for two weeks plus two weeks of home convalescence where I've been prescribed all manner of drugs and now you want me to take a drug test?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same for me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Head.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Same for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same for me.

The order they prefer here  is head, legs, arms, chest, armpit.    If they can not get it from any of those places they count it as a refusal.  
They will not take from groin.
They require 100 strands.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm currently in an academic research lab, and I could probably light up a joint at my desk.  Someone might pop in to indignantly make sure I wasn't smoking a cigarette, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yep. Did some today. Instant test type. If you're on prescriptions, go home, come back at 3pm with a valid RX or pill bottle. Bring those in or dont come back.

About 10 people left this morning.  and yeah, some ADD meds show up as amphetamines.

seriously, if you didnt want a woman watching you pee (and are male) request a male to verify. They wouldnt insist on a  man watching a woman.................................

hell, they wouldnt let a man watch a woman.
View Quote
One would hope, since they are amphetamines.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#33]
The employee contract says we can be but I have never been nor have I heard of anyone being tested. I work in a machine shop and they would probably test someone if there was some kind of accident.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes.

Instant termination if you test positive.

They do it for alcohol also.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would you want a guy stoned off his ass pushing a 6 pack of barges to go under a bridge while you were going over it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#37]
CDL holder and local driver,  and no my company doesn't do randoms.

Nor do they do post accident drug screens unless its a major accident.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Would you want a guy stoned off his ass pushing a 6 pack of barges to go under a bridge while you were going over it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because you test positive for weed doesn't mean you smoke it at work. Just like alcohol.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes, just starting random drug test.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#40]
We only do it for accidents or when someone appears impaired at work.  I think its technically on the books that we CAN do random ones if we ever want to.  

I'd like to point out I wasn't old enough to vote in 1988, but the Drug-Free Workplace Act is about as intrusive and useless as possible.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Same here.

If they demanded a piss/hair test from me I would take it, pass, and immediately turn in my 2 weeks in protest.

Not a user but a firm believer in what I put in my body, on my time, is my business, and if it kills me slowly good for me. Fuck you!

Ironically, I had to sit in a one hour drug/alcohol class for BWC today. What a fucking joke.

If you are really good at what you do (and I am) you will have no problem finding another job without the bullshit prying into your life.

Here's the kicker too: The BWC guy said, as well as my employer before, that we are an 'up to termination job facility'.

Meaning: if youre some fuckup, and inevitably fuckup like fuckups do, and we can use your pot smoking 35 days ago as an excuse... Youre probably gonna get canned.

If youre competent, do your job sober, work hard, have a solid history, and dont cause problems.... Ehhh we can let you slide, no problem, or even offer help if we feel you deserve it *wink wink*

Again, what a joke.

Still, Id be pissed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

I visit refineries, chemical plants and one nuke plant. I see the accident statistics. Even with pre screening when they have an accident you get tested immediately. They run about 50-60% for the year for the person having an illegal drug in their system. They also breathalyze test.

They make us take a breathalyzer test when we drug test which really isn't often. But the are here waiting when we get to work at 7am. Gotta really be on an all nighter I assume.

We had a guy who went out there often to drop stuff off. Mostly drawings and such so he didn't need a CDL. One day he just decided to start turning valves. Picked up on those cheaters they have hanging on a rack to help you turn the larger ones and just went on turning valves on and off. He tested positive. I'm kind of glad they do test to cut down on at least some of them from the start.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#43]
The new company I started with does. I've never heard of them actually doing it, unless you break something or there is theft at the store. The ones they use are just a mouth swab. No piss needed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#44]
No.
I'll never work for a company that drug tests nor will I ever take one.
Drug testing is fundamentally un-American and offensive.

Cheers!

-JC

ETA: No, you're not the only one. We have a site full of freedom, liberty loving 2A advocates but they'll sell out their #1 biggest piece of private property for a check.
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Seems like when I was in the military I only got selected for "random" drug screening after taking some leave.  The AF used meat gazers.  Most of them didn't actually look.  Had one that actually looked though.  

Quoted:
Yes they do but they don't watch.
View Quote

RR does plenty of random testing, but they leave you alone while you do it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Every job I have had has had random drug tests but it seems the only people selected for random tests weren't really random. The last time I have had to take a random drug test was in the military after all the months on a MEU through the philipines and Thailand
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#47]
No but it makes us take random drugs randomly

Seriously though, a good narcotics officers always has narcotics in his system
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Self-employed, so no.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Our policy allows for it, never seen it happen to anyone though, been here over 20 years - never had a piss test.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#50]
So, what does an employer (current or prospective) do if they have an employee who can't physically pee?  (Assuming they normally only do piss tests.)
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top