Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/18/2014 2:00:57 PM EDT
Daily, there are people begging for money.  Not at the corner or freeway on ramps, but on this site, FB and now even my company email.

Ok, I get it, you had something unexpected happen.  It does happen.  People die, get killed, get sick etc.  Quit it with the  go fund me sites.  

When did this become ok?  We used to frown upon the homeless beggars on the corner.  Now it is just fine.

My two favorite:

An acquaintance's family member wants to adopt a baby.  They can't apparently afford to do so.  Here comes the go fund me site.  They are middle class with a good job.  There are other alternatives to an infant if you want kids that bad.

I get a work e-mail.  "please help with funeral expenses" for a coworkers son being killed.  He was 37 and on a newish Polaris 4 wheeler and lost control running into road signs.  He is 37 years old and can afford a $11K 4 wheeler.  Are you telling me that he didn't have life insurance?

Yeah, it is a shitty rant, I know.

I don't have a problem with helping people out.  Just don't ask me for cash.   Present me with a problem that needs solving, I will find a way to help.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Just like people begging for sympathy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
hey man can I get a buck or two? i got kids man
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If ya send me $20.00 I'll do my best to make it stop.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
you don't have to give. but can I borrow a dollar?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd rather people give of their own free will than it being taken from them at the barrel of a gun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey man, I ran out of gas, could I have, like $10 bucks so I can get home?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I just want a beer spare some change ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let's hear it.  Which ones "on this site" are you referring to?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Daily, there are people begging for money.  Not at the corner or freeway on ramps, but on this site, FB and now even my company email.

All of them.  OP is a dick.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#10]
My membership runs out soon, and funds are kinda tight right now...

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey man, I ran out of gas, could I have, like $10 bucks so I can get home?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Loss my sympathy working and living in the big city.  Don't give a ph*c anymore.  Mind you, if someone at church needed help, I'd buy groceries for them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey OP, can you spot me a hundo? Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Why you no wolf stare bro?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#15]

When a member of the FSA hits me up for [anything], my answer is always "ABSOLUTELY NOT".
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Always, ALWAYS people asking for money in my city. Instead I've made a "homeless bag". Peanut butter, crackers, plastic utensils, napkins, and a bottle of water. Cost me $5.

I do this once a year and ONLY give it to someone who truly looks to be in need, and it's pretty obvious to figure that out. I like giving it to the obviously homeless that don't ask for anything, but sometimes will give it to the guy holding a sign saying "anything helps".

Giving money just fuels the negative thinking that got some of them there in the first place.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#17]
OP is bitching about beggars but sits on the corner of highway arfcom using the free membership. Pay up whiner.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Ass, cash or grass.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a friend who is pimping out a Gofundme page she set up for her husband so his kids (both were married before) can come down and visit before he goes in for surgery.  Seems like a noble cause until you realize his kids are adults who live five hours away and could make the drive pretty easily, especially if they rode together.  Also it's a fucking foot surgery so let's not pretend like he's only got a 10% chance of coming out of this one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just want a beer spare some change ?
View Quote

I would give you money, at least you are honest about it
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I had someone today ask for money. Told them to pound sand.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

When a member of the FSA hits me up for [anything], my answer is always "ABSOLUTELY NOT".
View Quote

I tell them, "Nyet Tovarisch!"
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Will beg for Ely Match .22LR  "can you help a sunburned shooting bum, bro?"
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty much!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#26]
my eyes are filling with rage when I read your post. I really hope you are not referring to those that we have raised funds for on this site.

the irony of this is you are not a paying member.

if you had half a working brain cell you would ask a mod to nuke this thread
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Loss my sympathy working and living in the big city.  Don't give a ph*c anymore.  Mind you, if someone at church needed help, I'd buy groceries for them.
View Quote

That is what I am talking about.  I have no problem buying groceries for someone I know.  My niece had cancer, and the cats had flees.  I arranged and paid for fleabusters to come and get rid of the flees to lessen the chances of infection.  I have a problem with people begging for cash.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OP is bitching about beggars but sits on the corner of highway arfcom using the free membership. Pay up whiner.
View Quote

I buy from the sponsors of the site.  they pay the site.  I have never asked for a membership.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ok, I get it, you had something unexpected happen.  It does happen.  People die, get killed, get sick etc.  Quit it with the  go fund me sites.  

When did this become ok?  We used to frown upon the homeless beggars on the corner.  Now it is just fine.

My two favorite:

An acquaintance's family member wants to adopt a baby.  They can't apparently afford to do so.  Here comes the go fund me site.  They are middle class with a good job.  There are other alternatives to an infant if you want kids that bad.

I get a work e-mail.  "please help with funeral expenses" for a coworkers son being killed.  He was 37 and on a newish Polaris 4 wheeler and lost control running into road signs.  He is 37 years old and can afford a $11K 4 wheeler.  Are you telling me that he didn't have life insurance?

Yeah, it is a shitty rant, I know.

I don't have a problem with helping people out.  Just don't ask me for cash.   Present me with a problem that needs solving, I will find a way to help.

View Quote

Ban this guy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Click the link to donate and help me make this shit stop!

www.gofundme.com/#makethebeggingstop
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Everybody begs for money ....

Advertisers do it.

Job applicants do it.

Employees do it.

Some are just more direct about it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#32]
People do it in GD, too.

"My membership is about to expire, and I just wanted to say how much I love the site and will miss all of the privileges that come with Team.  That is all."

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Those go find me sites are annoying.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I buy from the sponsors of the site.  they pay the site.  I have never asked for a membership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you do give money to beggars!    

( we all do )
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You need to look up the meaning of irony.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

pretty much!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pretty much!

you mean like Jeff when he posted "I am dying and I would like someone to talk to" or jeep when he posted "asking for prayers I am so scared"?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Click the link to donate and help me make this shit stop!

www.gofundme.com/#makethebeggingstop
View Quote

lol, that is funny.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
you mean like Jeff when he posted "I am dying and I would like someone to talk to" or jeep when he posted "asking for prayers I am so scared"?    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty much!

I am talking about people begging for cash.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

The life insurance check, if any usually comes after the funeral.

Funeral directors want they money UP FRONT !!!!!!

When my mother in law died, my father in law did not have the cash on hand to pay for expenses.

I went to the funeral home and handed over a credit card to pay for the expenses myself.

Few weeks later my father in law shows up with money from Life Insurance to repay the 'loan'.

Someone needs help?  I help if I can ...... I'm not going to piss / moan / cry / whine about it like the OP

If I cannot help ...... I remain quiet.

BREAST CANCER ----

When my wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer we both said nothing.

We told immediate family members, close friends and coworkers.

MY GOD .... the outpouring of support ..... material, emotional and financial was overwhelming for us.

We had to BEG PEOPLE to stop at one point because it was too much for us to handle.

THANK GOD THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE ---- unlike the OP !!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
my eyes are filling with rage when I read your post. I really hope you are not referring to those that we have raised funds for on this site.

View Quote

Let's not beat around the bush...that's EXACTLY what he's doing.

"Ok, I get it, you had something unexpected happen. It does happen. People die, get killed, get sick etc. Quit it with the go fund me sites."
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Ok, I get it, you had something unexpected happen. It does happen. People die, get killed, get sick etc. Quit it with the go fund me sites."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a simple rant.  nothing more, nothing less. apparently 70% of the people that voted agree with me.  I am not looking for anything.  Ban me if you want for ranting.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It is a simple rant.  nothing more, nothing less. apparently 70% of the people that voted agree with me.  I am not looking for anything.  Ban me if you want for ranting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a despicable troll thread and you should be ashamed.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I had someone today ask for money. Told them to pound sand.
View Quote

So did he or she go to mom, since dad was so abrupt?  

My kids were always asking for money .... my response was always the same.

They now have jobs!    

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey OP,
Im a little a short on cash and out of beer. Can I get like $20 for a case?

Thanks,
Joel
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

When my mother in law died, my father in law did not have the cash on hand to pay for expenses.

I went to the funeral home and handed over a credit card to pay for the expenses myself.

Few weeks later my father in law shows up with money from Life Insurance to repay the 'loan'.

Someone needs help?  I help if I can ...... I'm not going to piss / moan / cry / whine about it like the OP

BREAST CANCER ----

MY GOD .... the outpouring of support ..... material, emotional and financial was overwhelming for us.

We had to BEG PEOPLE to stop at one point because it was too much for us to handle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BREAST CANCER ----

Your experiences are not what I am taking about.  YOU didn't ask for money.  People wanted to help.  That is very different from you asking.  Same with the MIL, dad didn't ask......
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#47]
This is not a troll thread.  Seriously.  Don't give me anything.  I need nothing.  I am not asking for anything.

I got an email from work that pissed me off today (not a working day).  That is the source of the rant.

Not a troll thread.

If I wanted a membership or something then I would pay for something.   I do need some powder and dies, I will either buy them at the local mom and pop gun store, or go to Brownells/Sinclair since they are site sponsors.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#48]
You ever thought that maybe it's money begging for people, being channeled through a person?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

( we all do )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

( we all do )

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Pride is almost completely gone in this country. Pride in doing a good job, pride in providing for yourself and your family.

Lazy is the new buzzword. How little can you do and still survive? How much can you make other people's fault.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top