Gillian: dead
Chalky: alive
Nelson Van Alden: alive
Mickey Doyle: super dead

View Quote

Nucky went to jail, served his time and died an old man
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't care too much for the flashbacks.  Seems like they didn't have enough script so they decided to go with some flashbacks.  I could see if they did that in Season 1, but we are on the final season.  Flashbacks are just filler now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I just hope they make it good this season, and not go the way of The Sapranos
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sopranos  ending = Disappointment

True Blood final season = Big Disappointment

Boardwalk Empire final season = If previous show are any indication Bigger Disappointment
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Guess Luciano already got his face cut up. Now he's got a Stewart Scott lazy eye.

So Meyer Lansky/Luciano made a run at Nucky? Makes you wonder what has happened over the past few years while he's been setting up shot in Cuba.

I loved the scenes where the Commodore teaches Nucky some life lessons.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
If the first episode is anything to go off of the season is going to be a big let down. I have no clue what's going on and they skipped years ahead. Seems like they are trying to cram as much possible in as they can and it feels rushed. What a shitty way to end one of my favorite TV series.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:24:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Some off us may have not watched the first episode yet, so could we limit any spoilers please.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some off us may have not watched the first episode yet, so could we limit any spoilers please.....
View Quote
Sorry, but it's probably not a good idea to skim threads like this if you aren't caught up. I don't know what you were expecting.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guess Luciano already got his face cut up. Now he's got a Stewart Scott lazy eye.

So Meyer Lansky/Luciano made a run at Nucky? Makes you wonder what has happened over the past few years while he's been setting up shot in Cuba.

View Quote

Fuck!!!
I didn't realize that was the commodore!!
I feel stupid!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:35:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry, but it's probably not a good idea to skim threads like this if you aren't caught up. I don't know what you were expecting.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I hadn't watched a show and was worried about spoilers, I can't imagine reading a thread after the show had aired...

I've never understood that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fuck!!!
I feel stupid!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck!!!
I feel stupid!!!

I thought the actor did a fair job of portraying a younger Commodore, same speech and inflection pattern as when Dabney Coleman played him.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe Meyer sees Nucky as competition now?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If the first episode is anything to go off of the season is going to be a big let down. I have no clue what's going on and they skipped years ahead. Seems like they are trying to cram as much possible in as they can and it feels rushed. What a shitty way to end one of my favorite TV series.
View Quote

agreed 100%
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#15]
In the TV series, Nucky's life was poised to take off, but never left the ground.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#16]
What type of gun did the stockbroker use for the headshot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I didn't care too much for the flashbacks.  Seems like they didn't have enough script so they decided to go with some flashbacks.  I could see if they did that in Season 1, but we are on the final season.  Flashbacks are just filler now.
View Quote

This. They would have fit better in the first few seasons either to get to know nucky or after the commodore died. Now it justs feel like the writers are filling time or rushing to close this out?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What do you consider a spoiler and why would you view this thread if you were trying to avoid them?

Next time, could you let us know when you plan to watch? We can hold off any discussions until then.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#19]
How did Chalky end up on a chain gang in Mississippi???
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree entirely. I don't know why Chalky is in prison. I don't like his weird new sidekick. I don't care about Marge and her story. The flashbacks should have come in the first season. I get that they were trying to tie in the lessons that Nucky learned as a child to what he's doing now. But it's a little late in the game to share his motivation with us. And just what is Nucky doing now? Where does he live now? There is way too much to wrap up in 8 episodes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad it isn't just me.  

The first episode was all over the place.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I agree entirely. I don't know why Chalky is in prison. I don't like his weird new sidekick. I don't care about Marge and her story. The flashbacks should have come in the first season. I get that they were trying to tie in the lessons that Nucky learned as a child to what he's doing now. But it's a little late in the game to share his motivation with us. And just what is Nucky doing now? Where does he live now? There is way too much to wrap up in 8 episodes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's legitimizing his business with Bacardi and getting set to go once Prohibition ends.  I couldn't figure out if he was hiding in Cuba or just doing business.

Man oh man, I still can't get over how badly Patricia Arquette aged!
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree with all points made here.  I'll go a bit further and say that I'm not pleased to see that Jillian will appear in this season.  As far as I'm concerned, they wrapped up the entire Jimmy storyline when they killed off Richard.  Tommy is off to live with Richard's widow, Jillian is in prison presumably, Jimmy's body was discovered, the Commodore is long dead, same with Jimmy's wife.  I don't see the point in keeping any of that storyline alive.  I'm still not happy that they killed Richard off .
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He's legitimizing his business with Bacardi and getting set to go once Prohibition ends.  I couldn't figure out if he was hiding in Cuba or just doing business.

Man oh man, I still can't get over how badly Patricia Arquette aged!
View Quote

Im pretty sure he isn't hiding. He is getting his ducks in a row to go legal once the 18th Amendment is repealed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#25]
The series ended with harrow's death.  Not even a good ending at that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm largely disappointed that I won't be seeing anymore of Arnold Rothstein. He was my favorite character after Harrow.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm largely disappointed that I won't be seeing anymore of Arnold Rothstein. He was my favorite character after Harrow.
View Quote

All the good ones are gone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm pretty bummed that there will only be 8 episodes....I hope they can wrap it up that quickly and not be a huge disappointment.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#29]
How many spinoff shows do you think they can make at the end of the season.

I foresee at least one  1930s- 1940s gangster.
or one  political.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Agree with all points made here.  I'll go a bit further and say that I'm not pleased to see that Jillian will appear in this season.  As far as I'm concerned, they wrapped up the entire Jimmy storyline when they killed off Richard.  Tommy is off to live with Richard's widow, Jillian is in prison presumably, Jimmy's body was discovered, the Commodore is long dead, same with Jimmy's wife.  I don't see the point in keeping any of that storyline alive.  I'm still not happy that they killed Richard off .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Young Gillian... Her and the Commodore.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting idea, but Jillian was supposedly 14 or something like that when the Commodore knocked her up so... anyway, it doesn't really add anything to Nucky's storyline. But we'll see I guess.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#32]
here we go
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Interesting meeting with Joe Kennedy, wasn't it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:22:04 AM EDT
[#34]
I was not surprised that Nucky really didn't hire on Tonino. He just had too much of a track record of flipping on his pals. Roseti, Masseria, the new guy, etc.

Not sure where they are headed with Gillian, if anywhere.

The scenes with Eli were great but it's sad that he's sunk so low.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Liked this episode more than the first one, since they didn't have to spend time setting the scene. Looks like Dr. Narcisse is coming back. He needs to die.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was not surprised that Nucky really didn't hire on Tonino. He just had too much of a track record of flipping on his pals. Roseti, Masseria, the new guy, etc.

View Quote

I think one of the reasons Nucky had him killed was he 's the one that planted the bomb that killed Billy Kent
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think one of the reasons Nucky had him killed was he 's the one that planted the bomb that killed Billy Kent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When was he killed. I don't think the Cuban killed him at the end.or was it him. I can't tell
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Liked this episode more than the first one, since they didn't have to spend time setting the scene. Looks like Dr. Narcisse is coming back. He needs to die.
View Quote

+87

I'm sick to death of Narcisse.  Hope he dies a painful death very soon.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#39]

So is Gillian the some dyke's bitch or was she just trading clothes for paper?

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#40]
That's the Warden and  they're doing it for preferable treatment. Sex for favors
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Could have used Gillian's nipples as a coat hanger.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That's the Warden and  they're doing it for preferable treatment. Sex for favors
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think the viewer was led to believe that's what was going to happen.  But it turned out she just wanted clothes.  I am curious to see what role Gillian has left to play in this.
Quoted:

Could have used Gillian's nipples as a coat hanger.

Indeed.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't remember who did that.  Guess that's what the deal was with the poster on the wall.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

When was he killed. I don't think the Cuban killed him at the end.or was it him. I can't tell
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Cuban killed him, Tonino was missing his ear.  Cuban guy takes ears as trophys.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#45]
miss the ear, ok ihear yeah good id
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Who lit up the whore house???

Lucky Luciano's guys

or Nucky's guys???
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Who lit up the whore house???

Lucky Luciano's guys

or Nucky's guys???
View Quote

Luciano's guys.

Whats the angle with Chalky? It sounds like he has been in the slammer for 7 years.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:15:48 AM EDT
[#48]
For there to only be 8 episodes, this season is progressing slowly.
This is the laziest writing I've ever seen.
It's like the point is to make barely enough drama to make it watchable.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#49]
No more going back in time. and just killing some people. In an attempt to keep us  interested isn't working !
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Disappointing final season is ... well.... disappointing.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top