BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 25
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When it was 14-10 Dallas had the ball inside Arizona's 35 three different times and all three times they scored zero points.

So yeah, with Romo (assuming he was reasonably healthy) and better play calling they'd probably would have won.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Offense without Romo is absolutely. fucking. horrible. Weeden played like absolute SHIT today.

Horrible game. Had we had Romo and some better play calling, I have no doubt we'd have won today.

When it was 14-10 Dallas had the ball inside Arizona's 35 three different times and all three times they scored zero points.

So yeah, with Romo (assuming he was reasonably healthy) and better play calling they'd probably would have won.

3nd and 2? Let's pass it! 4th and 1? Let's turn around and hand off 3 yards behind the LOS instead of lunging forward with a QB sneak.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
28-10 isn't just an offensive problem.

The problem is Jerry Jones is the worst coach in the league.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Offense without Romo is absolutely. fucking. horrible. Weeden played like absolute SHIT today.

Horrible game. Had we had Romo and some better play calling, I have no doubt we'd have won today.

Yes it is. It was 14-10 until the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. Defense played fine all game (and gave us our only touchdown). Weeden threw 2 interceptions - one of which directly lead to a TD.

2 trips in the red zone with zero points to show for it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes it is. It was 14-10 until the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. Defense played fine all game (and gave us our only touchdown). Weeden threw 2 interceptions - one of which directly lead to a TD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  The defense definitely wasn't the problem today.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bengals.

It's a good day when the cowboys lose.

ETA: Cowboys O-line couldn't stop Arizona's defense.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's nice honey, who's your team?

Bengals.

They sure aren't anything to be proud of. When's the last time they won the big one? Oh that's right they haven't
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They sure aren't anything to be proud of. When's the last time they won the big one? Oh that's right they haven't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bengals.

When is the last time Cowboys saw the post season?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bengals.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weeden was a mess, was not even remotely close to being in sync with the receivers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bengals.

2009 but at least they made to the division game. Last time the Bengals made to a division game was 1990 I believe .

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

2009 but at least they made to the division game. Last time the Bengals made to a division game was 1990 I believe .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bengals.

Sounds right. I tried to go back to 1990... but I couldn't cap all of Dallas's games with one screencap. 13 playoff wins vs 1 since 1990?

Bengals.

Dallas
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds right. I tried to go back to 1990... but I couldn't cap all of Dallas's games with one screencap. 13 playoff wins vs 1 since 1990?

Bengals.
<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/Synyster06Gates/media/bengals_zps3d28e6fa.png.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/Synyster06Gates/bengals_zps3d28e6fa.png</a>

Dallas
<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/Synyster06Gates/media/dallas_zps53a17db3.png.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/Synyster06Gates/dallas_zps53a17db3.png</a>
View Quote

Have the Bengals even won a Super Bowl?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Made it there in 81 and 88... lost both.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bengals.
<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/Synyster06Gates/media/bengals_zps3d28e6fa.png.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/Synyster06Gates/bengals_zps3d28e6fa.png</a>

Dallas
<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/Synyster06Gates/media/dallas_zps53a17db3.png.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/Synyster06Gates/dallas_zps53a17db3.png</a>

Nope a big 0-2 since 1968.
5-12 Playoff record.

Stats don't lie.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Still in the hunt.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Love the Landry Shift when going into the Victory formation.

Nice to see the tribute.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:54:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Get right game before the bye week, I like it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Bring me your women!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:30:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Got to like how we came back after it looked like the Giants were going to pound us.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:36:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Still don't think my Cowboys are a SB team, but I'll enjoy each and every win.

How bout them COWBOYS!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:52:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How bout them COWBOYS!
View Quote

We are better than 8-8 that people predicted. Well I at least don't see us losing 5 straight.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:23:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
We are better than 8-8 that people predicted. Well I at least don't see us losing 5 straight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How bout them COWBOYS!

remember, 8-8 was a best case prediction.  most credible sources had DAL at 6-10 or even 5-11.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

remember, 8-8 was a best case prediction.  most credible sources had DAL at 6-10 or even 5-11.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How bout them COWBOYS!

And dead last in the division.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How bout them COWBOYS!

The difference is that (unexpectedly) the defense went from "historically awful" to simply below average, and the oft-injured DeMarco Murray is actually staying healthy and suddenly performing (contract year? A coincidence, surely).

Until Dallas gets that 9th win, they're still an 8-8 team (as they've averaged for the last decade and a half).  I am a fan, but I've been disappointed too many times. Jerry will find a way to fuck this up.  I do think they'll win 9+ (it would take an epic meltdown or a Romo injury), but it would take a fatal heart attack for JJ for them to become perennial contenders again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The difference is that (unexpectedly) the defense went from "historically awful" to simply below average, and the oft-injured DeMarco Murray is actually staying healthy and suddenly performing (contract year? A coincidence, surely).

Until Dallas gets that 9th win, they're still an 8-8 team (as they've averaged for the last decade and a half).  I am a fan, but I've been disappointed too many times. Jerry will find a way to fuck this up.  I do think they'll win 9+ (it would take an epic meltdown or a Romo injury), but it would take a fatal heart attack for JJ for them to become perennial contenders again.
View Quote

Believe it or not, statistically, they are average - slightly above average. Ranking 14th in points allowed per game and 16th in yards allowed per game.

Also the Cowboys currently have 18 takeaways.  The same total last year's team had in all 16 games.

To go along with that they seem to play their best when it matters most (at least so far).  Like last night.  Giants had the ball on their own 20, 1:01 left, and all 3 timeouts needing a FG to tie and a TD to win.  The Giants couldn't even gain 10 yards on 4 downs.

Given how bad they were last year, the players they lost before the season even started, and how little they've had to work with: it might be the biggest turnaround I've ever seen on one side of the ball.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#26]
The Cowboys made the Giants look like a good team Sunday night.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

For the first half at least.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

in the first half, yeah.  at one point, eli was like 15 for 16 with 3 TDs, with absolutely zero pressure.  DAL's first sack came with about a minute left in the first half.  meanwhile, the cowboys' vaunted O line was giving up a ton of pressure, and the receivers weren't getting open.

then came halftime adjustments, and the boys came out and imposed their will.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

in the first half, yeah.  at one point, eli was like 15 for 16 with 3 TDs, with absolutely zero pressure.  DAL's first sack came with about a minute left in the first half.  meanwhile, the cowboys' vaunted O line was giving up a ton of pressure, and the receivers weren't getting open.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Believe it or not, statistically, they are average - slightly above average. Ranking 14th in points allowed per game and 16th in yards allowed per game.

Also the Cowboys currently have 18 takeaways.  The same total last year's team had in all 16 games.

To go along with that they seem to play their best when it matters most (at least so far).  Like last night.  Giants had the ball on their own 20, 1:01 left, and all 3 timeouts needing a FG to tie and a TD to win.  The Giants couldn't even gain 10 yards on 4 downs.

Given how bad they were last year, the players they lost before the season even started, and how little they've had to work with: it might be the biggest turnaround I've ever seen on one side of the ball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're also as bad or worse in opponent yards/play.  The defense is better than expected, but far from good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's obvious that neither team will be playing in the Superbowl.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sadly, i have to agree with this assessment.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Cowboys and Falcons in the Super Bowl!  Falcons owner is huge ofuckup donor and the coons never cover....I'm making a killing and loving it!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

barring a hot streak (which can happen with any team ala both recent giant superbowls) I would agree.

Of course, I expected the boys to 6-10, so its all gravy at this point.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh, concur.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Cowboys and Falcons in the Super Bowl!  Falcons owner is huge ofuckup donor and the coons never cover....I'm making a killing and loving it!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bite your tongue!

Sir.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#38]
NANANANA NA HAHAHAH HA

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#39]
The only way any of the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl is if they buy tickets.

On the good side, you should be able to pick up tickets cheap for the rest of the season.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They're also as bad or worse in opponent yards/play.  The defense is better than expected, but far from good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well yeah, I don't think any sane person would consider them to be a good overall defense.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bengals.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/33/33bd7b0459639b32b4b75c906482ce09bbca7b8f864ebb47a5d94da9bd1e9f16.jpg

FUCK YES...for America's Team!  WHOooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Money in the bank!  What's not to love????
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

they're both in the NFC.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I love how the haters have had to adjust what they're bitching about.  In this season alone they have gone all the way from "the Cowboys are going to finish dead last in their division" to "the Cowboys aren't going to win the Super Bowl."
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

they're both in the NFC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they're both in the NFC.

They could be in a pee-wee league and still not meet in a championship game!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Cowboys are choking on some bird right now...  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Bue shirts, why are they wearing the blue shirts?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cowboys are choking on some bird right now...  
View Quote

I guess they are still full from all the bird they ate up in Seattle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Tony Romo is smilin
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#50]
30-10.

LOL
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top