BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The irony of a cop with a Don't Tread On Me dust cover for his patrol rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. GC is a good guy and can take a joke. He posts enough funny stuff here that I am pretty sure he can take it. Besides who cares what some other dufus posts on their website.

I don't really think she'll go after him individually but rather the site, JL Bourne, or even Bama Shooter for him being a cop and having that Don't Tread on Me dustcover.  I don't want to underestimate how low she will sink to generate an "article."  Think SPLC here.

Oh, I'm sure DTOM is a "warning sign of extremism" to her.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't mind the suppressors.  I don't see the use for .50s.  Drones can be abused WAY too easily.  MRAPs are cool, beats rusting to death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If LEO want to outfit themselves like a SEAL team member on their own dime I have zero issue with it.

Do I want my tax dollars going for suppressors, 50 cals, Drones, MRAPS and such??

No I do not.

I don't mind the suppressors.  I don't see the use for .50s.  Drones can be abused WAY too easily.  MRAPs are cool, beats rusting to death.

New EPA regs pulled all MRAPs and Deuces from DRMO and sale. Even PD transactions of Diesel gear is done.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fedoras can be very cool...

http://deathandtaxes.com/fedora.jpg
View Quote

Please, please, please tell me that you have an online dating profile ... because there's a ton1 of guys2 just dying to make your acquaintance, m'lady.

1 both in quantity and weight
2 they can grow facial hair, so a Y chromosome is likely to be present ... somewhere ... maybe ... perhaps
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have an AR-15 "Come and Take It" flag hanging in my future man cave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't tell me you like that Constitution thing!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Please, please, please tell me that you have an online dating profile ... because there's a ton1 of guys2 just dying to make your acquaintance, m'lady.

2 they can grow facial hair, so a Y chromosome is likely to be present ... somewhere ... maybe ... perhaps
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, I'll hold out for this guy:

http://mystylebass.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tom5.jpg

PS:  If you guys are Tom Waits haters....
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep a piece of the actual constitution on me at all times at work
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just drink some more fire water and everything will be ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread will prolly be used here, folks.  I won't be surprised if she writes up ARF as a "hate site."

Damn. I guess I better tone down my anti-government extremism. That'll be tough, being an injun and all, but I'll focus and try awfully hard.

Just drink some more fire water and everything will be ok.

*drinks whiskey*

Oh hey! Look! Guns!

WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO *BANG BANG BANG* WOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOO!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Arocking is alive and well.

Post accordingly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ladies and Gentlemen.  My name is J.L. Bourne.  I’m a military officer and author of fiction.  Counter to what you may have read online or believe, I did not get the two aforementioned officers kicked off SWAT.  Their own jack booted thug behavior did that for them.  I did not and would not contact their place of employment.  Someone else did that months ago after reading Officer Laws’ disturbing public comments on killing civilians. I did keep the screen captures and other materials for posterity and provided them to the Review Journal last weekend AFTER the two officers had already been transferred from SWAT.

I have some concerns about some of you in the police forces.  With many police departments acquiring MRAPs and other military hardware and technology, it makes one wonder, who are they preparing for war against? I'm deeply concerned by the wholesale trend of police militarization and interpret Laws' disturbing comment as a by-product of a systemic warrior cop culture. I'm not anti-law enforcement; I'm simply pro Constitution.  To be even clearer, if you wear the uniform (LE or military) and do not support the Constitution of the United States as written, you are no friend of mine.  I took the oath of office and it makes my stomach turn when I witness blatant disregard for the Constitutional values our country was founded on.

I don’t care how many book sales I lose, or how many people stop being friends with me because of the lines I draw in the sand.  I can look at myself in the damn mirror when I get up in the morning.  If you are a jackbooted thug and see the rest of us as cattle to shoot, taser, or dominate, you are the enemy.  If you are a fellow law-abiding servant of the taxpayer that has a love of freedom and the people you protect, you are my friend.

I have a new fiction novel coming out next year, and I very much look forward to shining sunlight in dark places when it drops.

—JLB

Arocking is alive and well.

Post accordingly.

How would you arock someone who identifies themselves by their real name?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Damn. I guess I better tone down my anti-government extremism. That'll be tough, being an injun and all, but I'll focus and try awfully hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread will prolly be used here, folks.  I won't be surprised if she writes up ARF as a "hate site."

Which tribe, if I may ask? A good friend is Stillaguamish and I'm hoping to attend Festival of the River this year.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OK, I laughed  She'll paint you as a Sovereign Citizen, don't worry.  It's her line of work, much like the SPLC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, I laughed  She'll paint you as a Sovereign Citizen, don't worry.  It's her line of work, much like the SPLC.

If he's a member of a sovereign tribe that'd be a factually correct way to describe himself.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Because he made his department look bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's what I meant..........but why?
If he went so far as to aim a rifle at someone why does saying "I would have blown his head off" get him removed?

Because he made his department look bad.

Yup. No different than the person who bitched about the vendors her company used in public and got fired for it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

New EPA regs pulled all MRAPs and Deuces from DRMO and sale. Even PD transactions of Diesel gear is done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If LEO want to outfit themselves like a SEAL team member on their own dime I have zero issue with it.

Do I want my tax dollars going for suppressors, 50 cals, Drones, MRAPS and such??

No I do not.

Da fuq.....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Da fuq.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I do not.

Da fuq.....

Evil diesels. Can't even get a deuce from gov surplus now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd love to see a picture of Bama's suppressed SBR!!

It has YHM Ti can on it now and an Aimpoint 3x flip to the side.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/Gun%20Pics/SDC11835.jpg

The dust cover.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/Gun%20Pics/SDC11491.jpg

Here is my Little Bitch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/Gun%20Pics/SDC12094_zpsa4da9a8d.jpg

How do you like that YHM Ti?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never know when you will run out of toilet paper and carry it as back-up?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Which tribe, if I may ask? A good friend is Stillaguamish and I'm hoping to attend Festival of the River this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kanienkehaka. Not originally from the Northwet. I do go to stuff like that on occasion, though. Fun times.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Kanienkehaka. Not originally from the Northwet. I do go to stuff like that on occasion, though. Fun times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sovereign Tribesman?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sovereign Tribesman?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sovereign Tribesman?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's almost like you're trying to befriend us
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got cat oil....

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's almost like you're trying to befriend us.
View Quote

You?  No.

There are a lot of people who don't fall for dumb-ass legal scams and conspiracy theories here though.  Them, I like.

Hey, I just posted a new message on Twitter.  Hurry, maybe you can post a copy here...

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You?  No.

There are a lot of people who don't fall for dumb-ass legal scams and conspiracy theories here though.  Them, I like.

Hey, I just posted a new message on Twitter.  Hurry, maybe you can post a copy here...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You?  No.

HOW DID YOU KNOW I FALL FOR DUMB-ASS LEGAL SCAMS AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES?!  HOW?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

HOW DID YOU KNOW I FALL FOR DUMB-ASS LEGAL SCAMS AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES?!  HOW?
View Quote

You're a Cliven Bundy supporter.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only a matter of time on that one......   I think it's a sorry situation he was put into and that working with the BLM is fucking awful but.....that was a goddamned mess and he could have handled it a LOT better.  I talked it over with my father (lifetime rancher) and we both agreed he makes ranchers look bad.  Our family ranch stopped leasing BLM land a long time ago because of the difficulty in dealing with the BLM.   Anyway, I'm sure I'm a right wing extremist, sovereign Citizen/Patriot to you now.  

How are you with nearly anyone in the US being able to own an AR15?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How are you with nearly anyone in the US being able to own an AR15?
View Quote

No for convicted felons and the mentally ill.  Yes, to everyone else.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Just to recap, jj_mac is the person who is getting fisked here.

This is the article in question.

Here's a choice quote.

The M&P15 (“Military and Police”) semi-automatic tactical rifle falls into the AR-15 class of weapons, which is preferred by Patriots for a number of reasons. Such guns are inexpensive, easy to shoot, accurate, customizable, and for a 10-year period starting in 1994, this type of rifle was banned by federal law, which gives the weapon a certain prestige among Patriot groups. Despite the M&P name, Smith & Wesson has actively marketed the rifle to civilian shooters.
View Quote

I don't have an opinion on the Bundy thing, but the lady is obviously an anti-gun hack.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm sure I'm a right wing extremist, sovereign Citizen/Patriot to you now.  
View Quote

I don't really care.

I might care about JL Bourne because he has a significant audience and he's said some strange things for a guy who is an active duty Navy officer.  If he's retired (as the LV newspaper claimed), then I don't care about him either.  

I don't see him (or you) peddling any sovereign scams or preparing to murder a bunch of cops.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You?  No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You?  No.

Got a response to this?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't really care.

I might care about JL Bourne because he has a significant audience and he's said some strange things for a guy who is an active duty Navy officer.  If he's retired (as the LV newspaper claimed), then I don't care about him either.  

I don't see him (or you) peddling any sovereign scams or preparing to murder a bunch of cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really care.

So you admit to trying to go after someone in real life who posts on this message board?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Here's a choice quote.

I don't have an opinion on the Bundy thing, but the lady is obviously an anti-gun hack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here's a choice quote.

The M&P15 (“Military and Police”) semi-automatic tactical rifle falls into the AR-15 class of weapons, which is preferred by Patriots for a number of reasons. Such guns are inexpensive, easy to shoot, accurate, customizable, and for a 10-year period starting in 1994, this type of rifle was banned by federal law, which gives the weapon a certain prestige among Patriot groups. Despite the M&P name, Smith & Wesson has actively marketed the rifle to civilian shooters.

I'm not a gun expert.  I own handguns for personal protection, but have never claimed to be an expert in them.  If you want to own lots of guns, go for it.  It's just not my thing.

Perhaps because I'm not into gun culture, I see this level of nitpicking as the equivalent of correcting someone's spelling in an Internet post, rather than addressing any points they actually made.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Got a response to this?

View Quote

Why would I bother addressing a blogger who made a lot of stuff up about me almost 10 years ago?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not a gun expert.  I own handguns for personal protection, but have never claimed to be an expert in them.  If you want to own lots of guns, go for it.  It's just not my thing.

Perhaps because I'm not into gun culture, I see this level of nitpicking as the equivalent of correcting someone's spelling in an Internet post, rather than addressing any points they actually made.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a choice quote.

And we see people with a history of arocking and a (metaphorical) hardon against people who view the fed.gov with suspicion as the enemy. The fact that you're also stunningly ignorant about guns is more of a side thing.

How do you feel about Maryland's gun laws?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why would I bother addressing a blogger who made a lot of stuff up about me almost 10 years ago?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got a response to this?

So that's completely false?  Completely?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
He took an internet conversation, blew it out of proportion and made it public. Just because he says so does not mean I believe him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Copy.  Bama Shooter, JL Bourne did not contact the officer's employer.  He said so on here, straight up.

He took an internet conversation, blew it out of proportion and made it public. Just because he says so does not mean I believe him.

Actually, the retard cop is the one that made it public. But as usual, responsibility has no place in law enforcement anymore. It's always someone else's fault.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't really care.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really care.

So, if he was active duty, you'd be going after him for....what exactly?

"JJ Macnab is my name and online character assassination is my game."
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So you admit to trying to go after someone in real life who posts on this message board?
View Quote

You seem to think you have me in some great big aha.  I post under my own name.  I ask direct questions.  I tried to ask them on Bourne's Facebook page but both he and Jeff immediately turned belligerent, my questions were deleted, and then Jeff decided to migrate my questions to this forum for some reason so he continue attacking me.  I guess he doesn't realize I've posted here before.

My questions started out as nothing.  With every deflection and insult, I have to wonder what's the big deal.

I've never served in the military.  If someone posts many many times on his FB page that he is an active duty officer, but a newspaper interview says you've retired, is it really such a huge deal when someone asks him if he's retired?

He should be proud if he's serving, and equally proud if he has served and retired.

Have I stumbled into some military taboo or something?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How do you feel about Maryland's gun laws?
View Quote

Maryland has obnoxiously restrictive gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You seem to think you have me in some great big aha.  I post under my own name.  I ask direct questions.  I tried to ask them on Bourne's Facebook page but both he and Jeff immediately turned belligerent, my questions were deleted, and then Jeff decided to migrate my questions to this forum for some reason so he continue attacking me.  I guess he doesn't realize I've posted here before.

My questions started out as nothing.  With every deflection and insult, I have to wonder what's the big deal.

I've never served in the military.  If someone posts many many times on his FB page that he is an active duty officer, but a newspaper interview says you've retired, is it really such a huge deal when someone asks him if he's retired?

He should be proud if he's serving, and equally proud if he has served and retired.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Questions like "are you still an Oathkeeper" are common everyday questions, especially from the likes of you.  I'm sure you weren't fishing for a story and were genuinely curious

If it helps, Bourne just completed his 20 and isn't an Oathkeeper  but he does believe in that whole military oath thing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Police DO NOT use snipers. They use COUNTERSNIPERS or MARKSMEN.

Real police are life saving institutions....not assassins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A police counter-sniper's first prayer is for peaceful resolution.

If you're that immature at 41, I do NOT want you behind a Leupold and a bolt action.  Try the mall...I hear they issue PSG 1s now.

Not a counter sniper.

Police DO NOT use snipers. They use COUNTERSNIPERS or MARKSMEN.

Real police are life saving institutions....not assassins.
You mean like the ones who snipe nursing mothers?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Are you still active duty" is not a normal "curious reader" question, it carries the implicit threat of "because if you are I will use my position in media to cause bad PR for them and fuck you over". Ditto with the Oathkeeper one. See the origin of the term "arocking." This is especially the case as a journalist with an axe to grind against a movement the guy is at least sympathetic to.

And, if you have in the past arocked someone (especially if you've used false accounts or directly reported to the feds as you were accused of earlier) then that's especially concerning.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"Are you still active duty" is not a normal "curious reader" question, it carries the implicit threat of "because if you are I will use my position in media to cause bad PR for them and fuck you over". Ditto with the Oathkeeper one. See the origin of the term "arocking." This is especially the case as a journalist with an axe to grind against a movement the guy is at least sympathetic to.

And, if you have in the past arocked someone (especially if you've used false accounts or directly reported to the feds as you were accused of earlier) then that's especially concerning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She asked these questions nearly simultaneously over BOTH twitter and FB.  Odd, that.  I know she's just a zombie fiction fan, curious about an author, of course.  Plus that blogpost on her I mentioned is ALL LIES.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I want to ask him about his views on Bundy and his repeated promise that he will refuse to obey any Navy orders which he believes are unlawful.  

He posted a lot of misinformation about the legal issues behind the standoff, but then stopped posting updates a few weeks later.  Did he have a chance to read the court decisions?  Did he check some of Bundy's many bogus claims about his grazing rights and family history, or did he just lose interest?

I find the these two concepts combined together to be really common among Bundy supporters: I refuse to obey any command I find Unconstitutional + I have a completely wrong assessment of the Constitutional issues behind Bundy's situation.
If Bundy is legally in the right, taking on the Feds in Court is the right thing to do.  If Bundy is relying on junk legal fantasies, taking on the feds by force is sedition.

Bourne called himself an oath keeper on his page, but he's not a member of the Oath Keepers, so my follow up question was moot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If it helps, Bourne just completed his 20 and isn't an Oathkeeper but he does believe in that whole military oath thing.
View Quote

Does "just completed his 20" mean he's no long serving in the military?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

She asked these questions nearly simultaneously over BOTH twitter and FB.  Odd, that.
View Quote

So now you think that the fact that I tried to reach him through both of his public social media accounts using my real name is evidence of some darker motive?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I want to ask him about his views on Bundy and his repeated promise that he will refuse to obey any Navy orders which he believes are unlawful.  

He posted a lot of misinformation about the legal issues behind the standoff, but then stopped posting updates a few weeks later.  Did he have a chance to read the court decisions?  Did he check some of Bundy's many bogus claims about his grazing rights and family history, or did he just lose interest?

I find the these two concepts combined together to be really common among Bundy supporters: I refuse to obey any command I find Unconstitutional + I have a completely wrong assessment of the Constitutional issues behind Bundy's situation.
If Bundy is legally in the right, taking on the Feds in Court is the right thing to do.  If Bundy is relying on junk legal fantasies, taking on the feds by force is sedition.

Bourne called himself an oath keeper on his page, but he's not a member of the Oath Keepers, so my follow up question was moot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what were/are you planning on doing with that information?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it helps, Bourne just completed his 20 and isn't an Oathkeeper but he does believe in that whole military oath thing.

Just come out and ask for copies of his birth certificate, social security card, school records, DD214 and be done with it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Or, I can just call the PIO at the Navy and go that route.

This stonewalling over a really simple question on an issue that Bourne has talked about at length is really bizarre.

Good night all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Or, I can just call the PIO at the Navy and go that route.

This stonewalling over a really simple question on an issue that Bourne has talked about at length is really bizarre.

Good night all.
View Quote

wow.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top