Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I do it all the time. Blast the AC, and use a valet key from my wallet to lock and unlock the car. I've been waiting for someone to flip out without
looking closer. So far just positive comments.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm and here I was hoping you would have called her a: stupid fucking whore get your fucking ass away from my truck and back in the kitchen before I beat the fucking shit out of you; you stupid fucking whore.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny I didn't see any concerned libtards when we were in the desert and the a/c flaked out on our 1114's.

Dogs are people yo.
View Quote

It is easier for them to project their feelings onto animals then deal with the reality of other human beings.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not that I care but, it's against the law to leave a car running in Texas if it's unattended.
View Quote
But I thought Texas was free?  Bwahahaha

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Denali?

Check your privilege!
View Quote

This OP

You really don't need a vehicle like that do you ?

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

diversity..is that what they call that  in komifornia now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arfcom has gone full retard.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you how dangerous and unacceptable this is.   Im guessing your dog isnt protected from direct sunlight and will get the skin cancer.   or could jump out after a small child and mull child to death.  There should be a law against your dog being in that unsecured vehicle.  

Yep

Me thinks diversity....is overrated....

"Sigh"  Not another California  basher.....

We have around 8 million registered gun owners.....

Probably the largest immigrant population in the whole country, I'm pretty sure,  makes this state extremely diverse.

All that diversity means "we" are somewhat outnumbered.

This is only one of the states I've lived in and only one of the 42 I've set foot in.....

However, since I do reside here........

Only a blithering idiot would shitcan and insult 8,000,000 registered gun owners at a time when we all need to stick together.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't feel bad for the OP because, regardless of how long he was gone, he invited the moonbat into his life by leaving his dog inside his vehicle on a hot day. Not to say I wouldn't have done the same exact thing, but by doing so, he invited "the man" into his life, even if "the man" was a moonbat.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's about 94 here today. I took my dag with me to run some errands and stopped at a dollar store to pick up some trash bags.

I was inside like 3 or 4 minutes total and came out of the store to find some crazy bitch trying to open the drivers door on my Denali. I asked her if I could help her as I had the key to unlock the door.

She started yelling about how I should be locked up for leaving my dag in a truck with the windows rolled up on a hot day and how he could die in there.

I said, "Maybe if you paid a little more attention...you'd realize the god-damned engine is running and the air conditioning is set at 60 degrees! Now get away from my truck..."

She stormed off into the store muttering something about 'it's still dangerous'...

View Quote

Austin?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Dumb bitch be dumb.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I just take my dog with me.

I just say it's too hot to leave him in the car and no one cares.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's about 94 here today. I took my dag with me to run some errands and stopped at a dollar store to pick up some trash bags.

I was inside like 3 or 4 minutes total and came out of the store to find some crazy bitch trying to open the drivers door on my Denali. I asked her if I could help her as I had the key to unlock the door.

She started yelling about how I should be locked up for leaving my dag in a truck with the windows rolled up on a hot day and how he could die in there.

I said, "Maybe if you paid a little more attention...you'd realize the god-damned engine is running and the air conditioning is set at 60 degrees! Now get away from my truck..."

She stormed off into the store muttering something about 'it's still dangerous'...

View Quote

Austin?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This OP

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Denali?

Check your privilege!

This OP

Why, yes...yes I do.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:20:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Austin?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Austin?

Lafayette, LA

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Funny I didn't see any concerned libtards when we were in the desert and the a/c flaked out on our 1114's.

Dogs are people yo.
View Quote

Out of sight, out of mind.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Leaving the engine running and a/c on - I would have no problem.  Otherwise, I would have no problem breaking the window - I don't know if it's been 4 minutes or 40. Stupid hurts.
View Quote

Yeah stupid would be hurting...
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
K9 dogs have died when the a/c malfunctioned and quit cooling.
View Quote

And dogs have died when they were left at home and the house burned down.

Are you really going to "what if" everything?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:36:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There are people who leave kids and dogs in their cars resulting in their deaths.  Perhaps you should have thanked her for her concern.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fucking hate these types of people.

There's a dog store in mini mall I go to. Well I was parked about 30 feet away from the dog store in front of a grocery store. I get out of my car and my dag is sitting enjoying life in the passenger side seat, licking the windows all short bus retarded like. No quicker than I am out of the drivers side door and walking behind my car to the passenger side door some old hag yells at me "You're not going to leave your dog in there are you?" in a bitchy demeaning tone. I was caught off guard cause I didn't see this old wrinkly fucking cunt. So I said no and kept walking to the passenger door to bring her into the dog store.

My blood was fucking boiling by the time I realized I acted like a little bitch and should of told this old cunt to fuck off.
Yes I am really angry over this whole ordeal. People need to mind their own fucking business.

[/rage]

There are people who leave kids and dogs in their cars resulting in their deaths.  Perhaps you should have thanked her for her concern.

Exactly.

"Thanks for your concern, you nosey cunt!"

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:39:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not that I care but, it's against the law to leave a car running in Texas if it's unattended.
View Quote

There's a dog in it.

(I know, I know)

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Probably the largest immigrant population in the whole country, I'm pretty sure,  makes this state extremely diverse.

This is only one of the states I've lived in and only one of the 42 I've set foot in.....

Only a blithering idiot would shitcan and insult 8,000,000 registered gun owners at a time when we all need to stick together.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone will be along shortly to tell you how dangerous and unacceptable this is.   Im guessing your dog isnt protected from direct sunlight and will get the skin cancer.   or could jump out after a small child and mull child to death.  There should be a law against your dog being in that unsecured vehicle.  

Yep

Hahaha you said registered.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:47:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm not worried if I am in it, I'm worried if someone else is in it without me.  Other than that, I don't have a lot of choice.  

Standing next to the doors, the exhaust heat coming from underneath is too much to stand there for long.  If it can spark a fire, who knows,   I'm just wary of it.  It bugs me more in the summer than it does in the winter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Parked with the AC on my truck exhaust gets too hot, sometimes the engine overheats.  Some have gone up in flames.  I have had to leave a disabled person or a pet in the running truck with AC during a quick run inside but I'm not happy about it when I do it.

I wouldn't drive or ride in something I was that scared of.

I'm not worried if I am in it, I'm worried if someone else is in it without me.  Other than that, I don't have a lot of choice.  

Standing next to the doors, the exhaust heat coming from underneath is too much to stand there for long.  If it can spark a fire, who knows,   I'm just wary of it.  It bugs me more in the summer than it does in the winter.

Seriously, can you cite any examples of cars bursting into flames from the heat of the exhaust while idling in Park?

Or is this just something you think might happen?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:47:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Leaving the engine running and a/c on - I would have no problem.  Otherwise, I would have no problem breaking the window - I don't know if it's been 4 minutes or 40. Stupid hurts.
View Quote

And.... U would be buying me a new window and hopefully facing some sort of destruction of property charges.  Stay the fuck away from my car and MYOFB. If it was a child it's one thing , but for a dog?!?!?  Damn dog lovers... Half of you would save a dog over a child, blame the kid when the dog bites them, and are now talking about breaking into someone's car. I would hope the dog would eat your ass. You have completely jumped the shark on that one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:55:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Denali?

Check your privilege!
View Quote

People other than white now drive Escalades.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:59:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I leave my 5 Y.O. in the truck with the dog if I have to go inside.
She knows I love my dog and makes sure he doesn't get too hot.
View Quote

That would get you *double-reported* around here
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:01:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And.... U would be buying me a new window and hopefully facing some sort of destruction of property charges.  Stay the fuck away from my car and MYOFB. If it was a child it's one thing , but for a dog?!?!?  Damn dog lovers... Half of you would save a dog over a child, blame the kid when the dog bites them, and are now talking about breaking into someone's car. I would hope the dog would eat your ass. You have completely jumped the shark on that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

HAHAHAAH REGISTERED guns with bullet buttons......
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

The best part would be when my dog went for your throat
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:29:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My dog loves riding in the truck, so I take her with me on short trips. If I'll be more than 5 minutes, I leave it running with the ac on. I have yet to be confronted by anyone, and hope I never am.
View Quote

You will be. People are fucking stupid.
They have no problem with abortion but will smash your window to "save" a dog that is not in danger.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:34:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Pretty much, honestly if I saw a dog in a car with the windows up I would certainly be evaluating the situation. Unlike your lady who didn't hear the engine on or see the AC dripping. If I saw that I would probably just look in and see if the dog seemed okay, then go about my day.

If I saw a car off, windows up and a panting dog on a hot day, then I would get smashy with the windows for sure. Just because you are a retard doesn't mean your dog needs to suffer for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My dog loves riding in the truck, so I take her with me on short trips. If I'll be more than 5 minutes, I leave it running with the ac on. I have yet to be confronted by anyone, and hope I never am.

Except kids and dogs are dying down here.  Enough shithead parents and owners that gives justifiable concern.

Pretty much, honestly if I saw a dog in a car with the windows up I would certainly be evaluating the situation. Unlike your lady who didn't hear the engine on or see the AC dripping. If I saw that I would probably just look in and see if the dog seemed okay, then go about my day.

If I saw a car off, windows up and a panting dog on a hot day, then I would get smashy with the windows for sure. Just because you are a retard doesn't mean your dog needs to suffer for it.

You are nuts.
If it really matters that much, call police, but you touch my car like that and you better be armed and ready to protect yourself or you are in heap big trouble.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:42:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

We don't have to register here.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:44:33 AM EDT
[#30]
I was almost guilty of that once..............went up to the guy and noticed his car was running.........."oh shit........sorry sir, I see your car is running!!"

He laughed and said........."thanks for the concern" and we talked about his doggie.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:27:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hope you enjoy your charges.
Dogs are not people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you enjoy your charges.
Dogs are not people.

That's exactly what the police do here. And this has already happened, on more than one occasion.  No charges were filed against the glass breaker. Charges were filed against the dog owner.

You're right. Dogs are not people. That's why we don't expect them to know how to open the car door when they get too hot
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:32:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

Most of those are fudds who can and will throw EBR/Handgun/NFA owners under the bus. Again.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:35:48 AM EDT
[#33]
She could feel the "coolness" of your truck.

CSB
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Its 90+.....here.80% + humidity ....if I even flinch like I'm going outside my assuie is outside ....and will pant and bark and beg to get in my truck ....me...ill tell her its to damn hot....
I leave mine in the truck with the wife and 8 ye old...it could be 185 f out and that damn hyperactive dog would run herself to death.and love every damn Minutes. Of it..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

We have a little designer dog that is boston/french mix and is extremely heat sensitive that does the same things. Our (fuck be upon them) Audi broke down a couple years ago and the A/C stopped-bout killed our dog so we never trust that again. The kindest thing we can do to him is leave him in the A/C'd house this time of year.  He goes for rides with us in the "winter" when it's only in the 70's.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:52:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:56:30 AM EDT
[#37]
i'm amazed she didn't start tarding off about how you shouldn't leave your truck running while you shop because environment.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I guess you're in real trouble if there's an accident & you're stuck in traffic that's not moving.......

I can understand with a air-cooled motorcycle.. but a car/truck should be able to safely idle for hours.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Parked with the AC on my truck exhaust gets too hot, sometimes the engine overheats.  Some have gone up in flames.  I have had to leave a disabled person or a pet in the running truck with AC during a quick run inside but I'm not happy about it when I do it.

I guess you're in real trouble if there's an accident & you're stuck in traffic that's not moving.......

I can understand with a air-cooled motorcycle.. but a car/truck should be able to safely idle for hours.....

they CAN safely idle for hours.  Ask me how I know.

The only issue I've ever had was a diesel in VERY hot conditions.  Would get starved and die, dunno why, but vehicle section said it was common with diesels (dunno if that's true).
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:59:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You are nuts.
If it really matters that much, call police, but you touch my car like that and you better be armed and ready to protect yourself or you are in heap big trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except kids and dogs are dying down here.  Enough shithead parents and owners that gives justifiable concern.

You are nuts.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#40]
I am sick and tired of these fucking idiots.  I used to go everywhere with my dog......guess what ?  She never fucking roasted in the car.

Now......if I leave the damn dog in the car.......I have to deal with some fat-assed-whore reading me the riot act when I return to the car.  

One time, this land-whale and her BOYFRIEND were waiting for me at my car when I arrived with my groceries.  She proceeded to lecture me on why i shouldn't leave my dog in the car....and she was not being very polite.  I made eye contact with the BF, and I could see the look in his eyes was emabarasment, shame, and a plea for me not to retort with the obvious.........something like....I can see that is why your BF is taking you in the store and not leaving you out in the car.  I bit my tongue, only out of pity for the poor sap who had to go home with that sow.  He looked back as they walked off and gave me an appreciative nod.....he knew what I did for him....it was all too obvious.

Fuck those people.

Furthermore.....was there EVER a time when dogs were dropping like flies from roasting in cars ?  I doubt it.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You are nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are nuts.

So it's perfectly fine to give a dog heat stroke....

Got it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#42]
OP, if you really think that is bad, I let my dog ride in the back of the truck.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are nuts.

Got it.

Society does not need you to act as Canine Protective Services.  We have too many sanctimonious do-gooders running around out there...........MYOFB.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep.
My daughter will call crying saying it's too hot.
I go out and lower the windows another inch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, dogs don't know how to even crack a window.

Yep.

WTF?  
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

WTF?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, dogs don't know how to even crack a window.

Yep.

WTF?  

Did my post really need a smiley face?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'm dissappointed she didn't then yell at your for burning excess gas and ruining the environment!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Society does not need you to act as Canine Protective Services.  We have too many sanctimonious do-gooders running around out there...........MYOFB.
View Quote

Like I said above, I'm not going around looking for shit like that, and if the car was running I would keep walking. But on a hot day if the windows were rolled up what the fuck. If you have to take your dog with you roll the windows down, leave the AC on, or leave it at home.

I take my dog constantly, not a chance in hell I would leave the windows up in the summer, I even keep them half down in the fall and spring.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Like I said above, I'm not going around looking for shit like that, and if the car was running I would keep walking. But on a hot day if the windows were rolled up what the fuck. If you have to take your dog with you roll the windows down, leave the AC on, or leave it at home.

I take my dog constantly, not a chance in hell I would leave the windows up in the summer, I even keep them half down in the fall and spring.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You, however, do not know how to properly take care of that dog and it is only a matter of time before you return to your car and some do-gooder informs you of this.  That is the point !
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP, if you really think that is bad, I let my dog ride in the back of the truck.
View Quote

My wife snapped this one a few months ago while she was behind me. Only the coondog has fallen out, and just once, he learned not to lean into the corners. We only go about 30 though, if I have to get on any main roads I shut the back window and keep them in the cab.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You, however, do not know how to properly take care of that dog and it is only a matter of time before you return to your car and some do-gooder informs you of this.  That is the point !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have run into that already, a quick "get fucked" is in order. The cost of doing business, no big deal. If they try to open the door the dog will shred them, no windows up to smash out. If he was in the heat with the windows up and someone did smash my window I wouldn't care, but he wouldn't be in the situation ever.

If I was in town I wouldn't get smashy unless I thought it was an emergency, but I would call a cop to do it for me. In NY a cop or dog warden can remove a dog from a hot car without facing any liability.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top