BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That misconception has been debunked several times in this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, wait a minute, Texans can't CCW in church?

That misconception has been debunked several times in this thread.

Psssh, TL;DR.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
wait, matthardcore is Dan TSX?
View Quote

common knowledge.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Dustin Ellerman goes to my church.  Nuff said.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
common knowledge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

common knowledge.
there should be a score card in team so we know who all the Aliases belong to

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
swat team
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry a gun on my ankle when I am taking care of preschoolers with my wife, does that count?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

swat team
View Quote
you know those guys that rappel down those ropey things with guns and stuff and they do those ninja moves with ear buds on

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Honestly, I figure that church is where some nutjob is the most likely to walk in with a weapon looking to make a name for hiimself.  I carry.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
plans? do you have a plan?

I know some larger churches have full time organized security, one local church even has a swat team that cross trains with the local PD, but what are your plans?

View Quote

Just curious, what FL church has the swat team, with armor and SBR's
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think a formal discussion about disaster plans in church is healthy.    Encourage a few church members to get CERT certified or go to the FEMA site and take some courses.

View Quote

Security for houses of worship is worthy of discussion and there are legitimate security consultants who specialize in this area. This thread is hard to take seriously because of the assertion that a church formed a SWAT team, carries SBRs, and is "linked" to the local LE swat team.

Many non-LE organizations have trained with federal, state, and local LE, that doesn't make them "linked". We're just having a hard time not believing there is trolling happening here. Next we'll be told that this church SWAT team occasionally rolls out with local LE on high-risk warrants.

If the OP had stated that the church security team is well-organized and has attended tactical courses hosted by a LE organization or attended training with a LE agency, that would be very believable. I think someone mentioned a sniper team; that is just comedy.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

your post

+1

I'm interested in knowing more about this church SWAT team

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Lol

You had me at "upsurge of violence against Christians".  

Church SWAT teams is over-the-top lulz
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think a formal discussion about disaster plans in church is healthy.    Encourage a few church members to get CERT certified or go to the FEMA site and take some courses.

http://www.fema.gov/training

Below is a good example.

Where things get screwy is folks who are paranoid about everything and don't have any training try to take over the meeting.

• IS 100 or IS 100.b: Intro to Incident Command System (ICS) or ICS 100: Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS) or ICS 200 or IS 200.b:  Incident Command System (ICS) for Single Resources and Initial Action Incident

View Quote

The ICS stuff has no applicability to church security volunteers. Trust me, I have to go through it every licensure period.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not reading 5 pages to catch up.

What upswing in violence against Christians?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You really ought to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not reading 5 pages to catch up...

You really ought to.

I strongly suspect you would enjoy it.

Damn it, since it's you...

ETA:

A cite would still be appreciated.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I installed cameras at my old church. I still go up there from time to time to help them pull footage off the hard drive for the police, but that's more for random theft and vandalism. My new church has cameras already.

Concealed means concealed.

While it may be frowned upon in modern society, there are several stories in the Bible where God defended his church/followers when necessary. Moses drown an entire army!

We always sit near an alternate exit with the best available cover, which is a good strategy everywhere you go.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Church Security, with the upswing in violence against Christians in America have you changed your..."

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Probably not nearly as interesting, but very different.

sometimes I get the gifts of a prophet.

I got laughed at in school when I said one day we will have a phone we can carry with us in our pocket and it will work just about anywhere.
at hunting camp I got mocked when I said we would have a phone we can listen to music and watch videos on
friends thought I was nuts when I said one day we would have an attack on our nation that would shake us to the core
maybe I am just better at spotting things that are happening all around us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'know, if the "upswing in violence" clause had been omitted and the title just asked about church security plans/teams, this likely would have been a very different thread.
Probably not nearly as interesting, but very different.

sometimes I get the gifts of a prophet.

I got laughed at in school when I said one day we will have a phone we can carry with us in our pocket and it will work just about anywhere.
at hunting camp I got mocked when I said we would have a phone we can listen to music and watch videos on
friends thought I was nuts when I said one day we would have an attack on our nation that would shake us to the core
maybe I am just better at spotting things that are happening all around us.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

most of the time it someone that is butt hurt against churches, or upset that someone is going to church.

View Quote

Cite?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#22]
We are secure at Church.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Not yet.   Not YET!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"upswing in violence against Christians"???

Did ISIS make it to America?

Not yet.   Not YET!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1639004_Law_Enforcement_Firm__Nobody_Will_Complain_About_Militarized_Police_When_ISIS_Attacks.html

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Church Security, with the upswing in violence against Christians in America have you changed your..."  

Damn it! SWAT teams we got em, SBRs we got em, body armor, check!

Now let's get back to the basics, JC said we should love our neighbor, unless they're brown, native, poor and speak Spanish.

Merica!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey I learned how to start topics from you. one of the best.

but if you google it (that is a search engine) not to mention some of the threads you start you will see there is a large growing hatred of Christians in America

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Guys, this might be a troll thread. Well done OP.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Guys, this might be a troll thread. Well done OP.

View Quote
OP would have to be an epic troll then, he makes about this much sense in every religion vs _____ thread in GD.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#28]
You guys should PM Gecko45, he would have some key pointers for your churches' QRF.  If your ushers aren't wearing plate carriers you aren't being careful enough.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So, like 32 incidents a year. In the entire country. And that is not Christians, but all faiths.

That is one weekend in Chicago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

[Jacked up, non-cited source... material deleted - TS]

So, like 32 incidents a year. In the entire country. And that is not Christians, but all faiths.

That is one weekend in Chicago.

And that's not a cite.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Security for houses of worship is worthy of discussion and there are legitimate security consultants who specialize in this area. This thread is hard to take seriously because of the assertion that a church formed a SWAT team, carries SBRs, and is "linked" to the local LE swat team.

Many non-LE organizations have trained with federal, state, and local LE, that doesn't make them "linked". We're just having a hard time not believing there is trolling happening here. Next we'll be told that this church SWAT team occasionally rolls out with local LE on high-risk warrants.

If the OP had stated that the church security team is well-organized and has attended tactical courses hosted by a LE organization or attended training with a LE agency, that would be very believable. I think someone mentioned a sniper team; that is just comedy.

Pretty much this.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey I learned how to start topics from you. one of the best.

but if you google it (that is a search engine) not to mention some of the threads you start you will see there is a large growing hatred of Christians in America  

If you'd learned at the feet of the master as you claim, you'd know that I don't allow uncited emperical claims and I also know that assertions require the person doing the asserting to make the citations.

You're a poor student indeed.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn it! SWAT teams we got em, SBRs we got em, body armor, check!

Now let's get back to the basics, JC said we should love our neighbor, unless they're brown, native, poor and speak Spanish.

Merica!

Maybe they could just hire these guys.

Baptist Brown Shirts

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many non-LE organizations have trained with federal, state, and local LE, that doesn't make them "linked". We're just having a hard time not believing there is trolling happening here. Next we'll be told that this church SWAT team occasionally rolls out with local LE on high-risk warrants. <I never said that>

If the OP had stated that the church security team is well-organized and has attended tactical courses hosted by a LE organization or attended training with a LE agency, that would be very believable. I think someone mentioned a sniper team; that is just comedy. they are deployed when dignitaries attend the church

Pretty much this.

This is a large local church that has a well run plan, the church I attend really has no policy other then people carrying concealed and on the main campus they have a security team, they really don't take it very serious until something happens again. its kind of sad that our nation is such a state that we even have the phase "Church Security", but it really is no laughing matter. I really don't think anyone tracks the incidents of attacks on churches or lesser crimes like vandalism and hate speech attacks on them on a national scale. I know from watching the local news and getting messages from people working at other churches it seems to be on the up swing. many churches are using more security cameras and armed off duty deputies in my town and its a very nice town.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#35]
As a gun owner, and someone who goes out of their way to think about security (like, double cheching to making sure the doors are locked, backing into parking spaces for easy exit, not pulling up too close to people at a red light, insisting my fiance doesn't sit in a dark parking lot in her car fucking with her cell phone, etc) people occasionally accuse me of being paranoid, so I am usually hesitant to throw out that accusation, but god-damn.  Some of you people in this thread actually ARE paranoid.

Carry in church? Makes sense.  Why not.  That's what CCW is for.

Worry as if you are more likely to be killed in a mass shooting at church, as opposed to work, or school, or at a retail establishment because you actually believe your own persecution complex?  Paranoid.

I view churches like movie theaters as far as security goes: Lots of people sitting down in a big room with limited exits focused on something else.  Probably about equal risk.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I carry in church. When they were talking about a security team I had a AK pistol laying on the pastors desk, one of the "ladies of the church" totally freaked out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

common knowledge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

common knowledge.

Then why hasn't NorCal booted him?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I may or may not know of a church where almost the entire staff CCW.  It's not quite a swat team, but I suspect even something like a drive-by would not go so well...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#39]
We have some CHL holders.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread provides the laughs.  I'm talking finger pointing, unable to form a sentence, help I can barely breathe laughs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I know some larger churches have full time organized security, one local church even has a swat team that cross trains with the local PD, but what are your plans?

View Quote

I didn't know that there was an upswing in violence against christian churches in the US.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Organ pipe mortars.

'nuff said.

Actually, I am currently between churches, so I have no idea what they do at the two I'm considering. Nothing obvious, that's for sure.

Where I used to go, I sat down front and was always nervous about somebody having a flameout during the service (it did happen once but was resolved without violence) or trying to rob the place. They did have the first service's offerings stolen from the church office during the second service one time many years ago.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:01:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Same as always. Sidearm, and 3 loaded mags.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:16:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

what the everloving fuck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what the everloving fuck

100% chance that a "church SWAT team that cross trains with an actual SWAT team" is BS.
Maybe members of the local PD have given advice / assistance on active shooters but that would be the extent.
Deep level of 9.5
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
100% chance that a "church SWAT team that cross trains with an actual SWAT team" is BS.

Maybe members of the local PD have given advice / assistance on active shooters but that would be the extent.

Deep level of 9.5
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what the everloving fuck

Deep level of 9.5
No the local PD's SWAT team trained alongside the Church's team on the Church's campus.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks like I was wrong. The OP is not delusional, Christians are delusional
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Looks like I was wrong. The OP is not delusional, Christians are delusional
View Quote
I bet they even wear seat belts when they drive, LOL

Church are soft targets, just like schools, which BTW everyone of our schools has at least one deputy in it, not to mention manufactured homes on the school campuses that deputies can rent at a very low cost and the school board pays their utilities.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I didn't know that there was an upswing in violence against christian churches in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There isn't.

As demonstrated by his calling attention to my sterling example, if you're going to post about something, at least post about something that is actually happening, irrespective of whether you agree on the degree.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

There isn't.

As demonstrated by his calling attention to my sterling example, if you're going to post about something, at least post about something that is actually happening, irrespective of whether you agree on the degree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There isn't.

you and I both know that there is no stats for that. our government purposely avoids keeping track of that data and it seldom  makes the local news and I am certain google filters that out. its just like how NYC no longer gives a description of a suspect in a crime that might include his skin color as then that is prejudicial.

in my local news there as been incidents of hate crimes against churches but no one is tracking that  

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

you and I both know that there is no stats for that. our government purposely avoids keeping track of that data and it seldom  makes the local news and I am certain google filters that out. its just like how NYC no longer gives a description of a suspect in a crime that might include his skin color as then that is prejudicial.

in my local news there as been incidents of hate crimes against churches but no one is tracking that    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There isn't.

Allegedly.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top