A Facebook post by In the Line of Duty even
goes so far as to imply that outrage over a recent incident where a
2-year-old had a hole blown open in his chest as a result of a flashbang
grenade thrown by SWAT police will disappear once ISIS terrorists enter
the United States.

"When this ‘militarization’ of lea’s (Law
Enforcement Agencies) affects infants like Bou Bou, the public’s going
to be righteously outraged. But, someday, when ISIS comes a calling, who
will be complaining then?,” states the Facebook post, which links to a Guardian article about how police departments in the U.S. are becoming increasingly militarized.

View Quote
Writer William Norman Grigg labels
the company, "defenders of the militarized Homeland Security State,”
accusing them of making, "the assumption that the public would regard
3:00 a.m. Stormtrooper raids that leave infants with disfiguring
injuries (as) simply the price we must pay to be protected from whatever
"threats” our rulers can conjure.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/law-enforcement-firm-complain-militarized-police-isis-attacks/

They just intentionally the whole thing. - TS
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Well obviously it's for our own good.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#2]
In before the JBT bootlikkers show up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, considering we've had a "war on terrorism" for a while and terrorism doesn't have to be a law enforcement action if ISIL terrorists really started pulling shit in the US technically Posse wouldn't apply (because it's a war not a "crime") and we could have real soldiers do real soldier things. The real soldiers that actually train with their weapons and actually bother to understand what "Rules of Engagement" are and have been dealing with such issues for a while.

I'd trust a Marine on a street corner guarding from an attack way more than any person working for the DC MPD. Or, God forbid, PG County SWAT.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#4]
A company of trained infantrymen vs a BN sized police force.

Even without indirect fire support the company would mop the streets with the cops.

Company sized SWAT vs Infantry company?  A closer contest but infantry still wins.

What's the difference?  Command Control Communications and experience in operations of that size.

SWAT vs ISIS of near same numbers?  Toss up, but ISIS will probably bring things to the fight like IED's and such maybe tipping in their favor if they have any command structure.

Why type all of this?  Because it shows a militarized police force isn't intimidating at all to military operations.  The premise of the article is bogus.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A company of trained infantrymen vs a BN sized police force.

Even without indirect fire support the company would mop the streets with the cops.

Company sized SWAT vs Infantry company?  A closer contest but infantry still wins.

What's the difference?  Command Control Communications and experience in operations of that size.

SWAT vs ISIS of near same numbers?  Toss up, but ISIS will probably bring things to the fight like IED's and such maybe tipping in their favor if they have any command structure. I think they like RPGs also.

Why type all of this?  Because it shows a militarized police force isn't intimidating at all to military operations.  The premise of the article is bogus.
View Quote

I, for one, welcome our new masters and their sharia law.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#6]
If ISIS all of a sudden shows up on my block. I don't want my local PD fighting them. I want the United States Armed Forces fighting them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
BULLSHIT! We'll still complain
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#8]
9/11 hijackers on three planes defeated multiple levels of civilian and military law enforcement and security and killed over 2,900 people.

The fourth plane's hijackers had their final intentions foiled, not by civilian and military law enforcement and security, but by members of the militia.  Able bodied Americans between the ages of 18 and 59.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Backwards Eotech guy will save us.

And in!
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sure 90% of my local cops wouldn't last very long in a type of engagement where a.) the enemy is shooting at them and b.) they actually have to run. All the equipment in the world won't do shit when their training/practice totals two pistol mags a year.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Is that why the borders are left open?? (Tin foil on)
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Lol.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Judging by recent events when police had to deal with terrorists or people (well person) with training who was gunning for cops, I'd say the police may actually cause more damage then the terrorists themselves. And then they would get decimated. Badly.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Only thing ISIS would fear is having their dogs gunned down in the street!
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#15]
2 Chechnyans and Dorner fucked these guys up.

What will 100 squads of 4-6 ISIS members armed with AKs, grenades, and using body armor do when they hit a couple of elementary schools simultaneously?

How easily these guys could infiltrate through our southern border is something to think about...and honestly...when I see cops with their RDS on backwards...it does not give me a warm fuzzy.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#16]
did ISIS book a recent flight on a 777 to the US?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, but the "threat" of terrorism doesn't really rustle my jimmies anymore.

It's been almost 13 years. Time to find a new boogeyman.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't think nobody, I think a good percentage of Americans won't.

Same group "I have nothing to hide / I did nothing wrong so who cares about the 4th amendment" who feels safer after giving up rights.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#19]
"We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers"
-Jules

That said if ISIS rolls into town and the local popo on the block are the last line of defense,  something horribly,  horribly,  horribly wrong has happened.

I mean yeah I'll pitch in and get a few licks in until a mortar or RPG shwacks me but come on, man
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#20]
If we where a little fucking selective at the border this wouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If ISIS all of a sudden shows up on my block. I don't want my local PD fighting them. I want the United States Armed Forces fighting them.
View Quote

Or even the National Guard? Isn't that what they are for? Every LEO in my county put together couldn't hold off 100 ISIS fighters with 20mm in the back of their Datsuns. We would be better of calling up every FUDD and Veteran in this county. You could probably get 1,000 to show up with their 30-06. We have 120 NRA RSO's in my private community alone and one patrol officer in the whole northern part of the county LOL.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#22]
ISIS could land 50,000 fighters on the East coast, and about half the agencies would still be kicking down doors looking for pot plants.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#23]
It's really a foolish premise from a guy that thinks he wants to be in a knockdown, drag-out fight in the streets with ISIS.  The police and the military serve two distinct functions, and those two functions never intersect.  The police enforce civilian law and keep the peace within the confines of those laws.  The military fights the enemies of the state. If the police take on military duties, then by definition the citizenry becomes the enemy of the state.  The opposite is true as well, and why Posse Comitatus is so important; once the military begins enforcing laws, by definition it is no longer a civilian function.  

Even in a campy old TV show like the original Battlestar Galactica series, this was understood.  The Colonial Warriors (brown uniforms) fought the Cylons, but all civilian law enforcement aboard the other ships in the rag-tag fleet was conducted by the Colonial Police forces (guys in the black uniforms).  Neither of them got along, and neither would allow the other to encroach upon their assigned duties.  This is how it should be, everyone needs to stay in their lane.  Neither is any more or less important than the other, it's just their functions and missions are completely different.  Just because they both carry guns and wear uniforms doesn't make them similar outfits.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I would say they are not so much militarized but more long term free storage facilities for unwanted DRMO. Some of the stuff is like a full body chem suit. Everyone would be dead before anyone figured out how to properly get it on. Of course it doesn't come with a proper mask and filter so at least you would be clean while dead.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#25]

My money is on ISIS!
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Why do they need grenades to write casualty reports?  Paper weights?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Indeed.  What a crock of shit.

If thousands of poor, under educated kids can find their way over the border by the thousands each week I'm sure ISIS or other terrorist groups could do so EASILY.

Just another boogeyman scare tactic.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And backwards Aimpoint guy.

Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget the backwards magazine chick.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:.

I'd trust a Marine on a street corner guarding from an attack way more than any person working for the DC MPD. Or, God forbid, PG County SWAT.
View Quote

Yes.  Especially with respect to the PG SWAT bozos.

As for wanting a militarized police when ISIS does something in the US, well sorry bub.

I'll take protecting myself from ISIS over protecting myself from an out-of-control police state because I can shoot at ISIS with little fear of repercussions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Law enforcement has about much chance of standing up to ISIS as I do at wrestling a bear.
View Quote

I thought you were bald?

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#34]
We also know the cops wouldn't do anything about it if ISIL was here.

They'd decide that's too dangerous and just go after other easier targets to keep their arrest numbers up. Like they do with guns and shit.

DC will nail your ass to the wall if a random tourist has a shotgun shell in their car, but they never seem to get all those guns in Anacostia.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Now I want blue kool aid.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#37]
What is the national guard going to do.

Parking enforcement.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

And in!
View Quote

Good times!

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#39]
When isis comes a knockin, the Pmags will be poppin.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

If ISIS show up on my block I will be too busy fighting to give shit about anything else, I expect that same of every other American who loves what their country was before Zippy. I would probably end up like that SHia Woman pol and get killed fighting but fuck if I am going to be run off my family's land by some goat fucking savages.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:32:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#43]
We've already had a sneak preview of it, with the Boston marathon bomber guys. The police will break out their awesome gear and armored vehicles, hut-hut around the neighborhoods looking like they're doing something while pointing guns at everyone but the bad guys. Most people will shelter cower in place and put up with it. Then some guy (not a cop) will find a bad guy hiding and the police will hut-hut over and dump 200+ rounds through the neighborhood and still not kill the bad guy.

Take that and extrapolate it to larger numbers of bad guys, who are a lot harder and better armed than the teenage marathon bombers.

Pretty picture, huh?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Seriously,  nobody else wants blue kool aid like right now?
I'm considering making a trip.

Yeah guy's a d-bag but seriously blue kool aid.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#45]
What a joke.  Cops are not war fighters no matter what gear they parade around in.  SWAT included.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Maybe this guy has his optic installed correctly and the rest of the world is doing it wrong.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#47]
She could kick my butt any day

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I went to check out all the retarded shit posted on their page...

My uncle, a cop, liked their page.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#49]
with the current administration holding the border doors wide open......

thesis anti-thesis-synthesis
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#50]

When the terrorists bring their shit over here on a regular basis I want the right to carry my AR anywhere and everywhere I go.
I don't want to depend on anyone else for my personal security just like I don't right now.
I just want the right to tote more firepower.

And please don't tell me I have that right now and turn my comment into a Texas OC debate.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top