Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 7/22/2014 5:32:59 AM EDT
plans? do you have a plan?

I know some larger churches have full time organized security, one local church even has a swat team that cross trains with the local PD, but what are your plans?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:33:43 AM EDT
[#1]
don't go to church?  Problem solved
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:36:50 AM EDT
[#2]
We have security. We have controlled access to the building.
We have CHL holders who carry in church.
ETA: this is small town church of 250 or so regular attendees
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My fiancee's church is good with concealed carry. It's a little country church, so church swat team is a bit too much.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
swat team

lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Our pastor has no problem with CCW, so we are good to go
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The congregation

But our church has a very small (3 man) "security" team.  But the church I attend also has more than enough " types"in the seats to handle a situation if it should arise.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I know some larger churches have full time organized security, one local church even has a swat team that cross trains with the local PD, but what are your plans?

View Quote

what the everloving fuck
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#9]
MRAPs and controlled access points. You must name all 12 apostles or risk the inquisition.

I just carry and sit near the door.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#10]
lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Training for the day the IRS comes after their tax exempt status?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:44:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

swat team

lol
View Quote
including a sniper team. you really should go to church more often

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#13]
If a church entity houses illegals the feds provide security.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
don't go to church?  Problem solved
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Controlled access to a church. I've heard it all, folks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Isn't it usually someone from within the congregation that loses it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I tagged along with Jeffress on a recent Sunday. Sundays still make the pastor giddy. He’s out the door and into his black Mercury Grand Marquis by 7:45 am. When he arrived at the parking garage across from the church, there were two broad-chested security guards waiting for him. At least one of these men would be within feet of Jeffress for the rest of the day. The church isn’t worried about liberals with guns so much, he says, but there are just so many crazy people out there. “Of course,” Jeffress says with a smile, “so many of our members are packing, if anyone ever did try something, it’d be like the shootout at the OK Corral.”
View Quote

Dr. Jeffress of First Baptist Dallas
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I still carry no matter what
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
most of the time it someone that is butt hurt against churches, or upset that someone is going to church.

at one church we had a young muslim man come in and set his prayer rug down in the aisle and started praying. he found out that the church had several LEOs in attendance  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Pretty sure my church is not a gun free zone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
most of the time it someone that is butt hurt against churches, or upset that someone is going to church.

at one church we had a young muslim man come in and set his prayer rug down in the aisle and started praying. he found out that the church had several LEOs in attendance    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You had LEOs make him leave for praying?  In a church?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Isn't church CCW still against the law in Texas?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:06:02 AM EDT
[#23]

I know my church has a security team.  All of them are off duty cops that are members offering their time for free.  Monster congregation, probably close to 500 per service, twice every sunday.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he's disrupting the service, then members of a congregation have every right to have him removed.  Personally, I would have liked to spent a little time with the guy to find out what he thought he was trying to do.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#25]

No, mine doesn't have security.  I know my church has a few gun owners(or people I wouldn't be surprised if they did own guns.)

If I had my CCL(long story) I'd just go with the "concealed means concealed" method.  
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh, their church, their rules?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I go to a fairly large church, there are 4 off duty uniformed LEO's that stay in the common areas. It just so happens that almost everyone who works there is K9 or SWAT. I imagine of the churches in the area we are pretty secure, that being said I dont feel my church is a target nor am I on any elevated alert when I go there as opposed to any other crowded area
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#27]
My church isn't a gun free zone either. We have ushers that are "aware". We have an evacuation plan and access to Sunday School is limited. But a SWAT Team? No. There are places much worse to die in than church. We're "just passing through" anyway. Life is only part of the journey.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#28]
My church normally meets in a high school. It would be illegal for me to carry there. Don't be silly.

We've been meeting at a local community college for the past couple of months. During that time, I've had my P-32 in my pocket. It's "against the rules" to carry on college grounds, but it's not illegal.

When I attended a church that didn't meet in government buildings, I carried a BHP in a Crossbreed clone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you seriously asking this question? Jesus told us He is THE way. Not A way. Islam is not what He was speaking about. Can you say, "Blasphemy"?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If he's disrupting the service, then members of a congregation have every right to have him removed.  Personally, I would have liked to spent a little time with the guy to find out what he thought he was trying to do.  

View Quote

A few years ago, there was a local doctor who committed Medicaid fraud.  Our pastor sat on the board of the local hospital at the time(or was on some such committee.)  This doctor had such a vendetta against our pastor that she'd come to our contemporary services(at the time) and pray out loud for things to happen to our Pastor.  Thankfully, the worship leader(not our pastor) would cut her off with a loud "Lord, hear our prayers!"  She quit coming but it came very close to cops being called.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#31]
The premise of increasing violence against Christian churches in the USA is not believable.    Where is the proof?

I am not referring to Christian churches in ISIS held Iraq.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do they duct tape plates to their chest?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm not to worried about it.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Isn't church CCW still against the law in Texas?

View Quote
No

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#36]
"upswing in violence against Christians"???

Did ISIS make it to America?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:21:33 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, not sure if you are serious. they dress in plain clothes for close protection with armor and SBRs under their jackets and just like a police swat team for the others and they are linked into the local PD.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The premise of increasing violence against Christian churches in the USA is not believable.    Where is the proof?

I am not referring to Christian churches in ISIS held Iraq.
View Quote

I don't know about increasing violence, but I remember several stories of shootings at churches.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#39]
My church added a security team comprised of mostly current and former LEOs/Military.  Have to take an extra 8 hours of annual training to carry, but it is worth it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#40]
God tells me to serve the church and since I know a majority of folks are completely unaware or too disengaged to care so I look at it as a way for me to contribute by carrying a 9mm and spare mags, sitting towards the entry doors and keeping my eyes open.

Others may see it differently. But that's the way I see it. I'm not sporting a badge or advertising or "tending the flock" I'm just aware it's a possibility and react accordingly. I know of at least two others that do the same.

Plus my wife and two small children are there, so ya know there's that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#41]
I carry while I preach!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm the audio tech at our church. The sound booth is elevated so its like a turret.
My G21SF is in there with me every Sunday.
I should bring an AR Pistol inside a ukelele case.

A Glock for the Flock...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:29:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

what upswing in violence?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:30:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I am hoping to get some feed back on plans and emergency medical plans too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isaac and Ishmael    oil and water...get it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#48]
FPNI

Easy peasy
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Controlled access to a church. I've heard it all, folks.
View Quote

Controlled access isn't "show your ID card to enter".

Controlled access is making sure that certain doors are open and others are locked where ushers, deacons, and security personnel and easily identify those coming and going. This ensures you don't have people trying to get in unnoticed to do harm to the church, either by theft, violence, or child related scenarios.  

It also entails making sure children's areas are highly observed and have controled entry so that someone can't take advantage of the generally open nature of church to abduct or sexually harm someone's child while in the care of the church. This also includes log books and sign-in/-out procedures to ensure that children are being picked up only by the person they were brought there by. This keeps the scenario of a disgruntled former spouse/partner, family member, or crazy person from abducting your child while in our care. Schools do this and so should churches. We also do in-depth background checks of children's workers.

My church also has a school, and because of these same issues there are entry/exit controls and video monitoring in place.

You can scoff at the notion of controlled access to a church, but unforunately there are some (most being children) that have learned these lessons the hard way. We welcome anyone into our church, but we also have the obligation to protect the members and visitors from those who would take the open door policy as an invitation of an easy target.

When you have a battered woman and her children attending and trying to get help, you as a church have the responsibility to make sure her violent ex-boyfriend can't slip in a back door and take his kid and/or shoot her.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a plan.  the same plan I have for an active shooter anywhere else in my life.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top