Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The refs owe Green Bay a call.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it's never too early to start talking about NFL football.

Kickoff begins on Thursday, September 4th with the Green Bay Packers facing the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle.

That's only 77 days to kickoff.  

The refs owe Green Bay a call.

Those refs are long gone, back to officiating NAIA games.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Just on simple principle, I hope the Washington Redskins do well this year and have a banner year for merchandise sales.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Did a couple of mock fantasy drafts today.

Yeah, I am a nerd. Lol
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just on simple principle, I hope the Washington Redskins do well this year and have a banner year for merchandise sales.
View Quote

Haha!!! Thanks! I know you guys will laugh at me, I'm a huge skins fan... Hope they pull out a good season amidst all the bullshit controversy... But I'm looking forward to having crip walking gangbanging Desean light up the eagles and cowgirls!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Did a couple of mock fantasy drafts today.

Yeah, I am a nerd. Lol
View Quote

What site are you using for mocks?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
ESPN
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Go Bears
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I have decided to stop watching the NFL. It was their threatening the state of Arizona with the loss of the Super Bowl if they passes a Religious Freedom bill that put me over the line.

I was a HUGE NFL fan. Born and raised in Green Bay. Watching the Packers win the Super Bowl in 1996 was one of the highlights of my life. They have become too political and are now just an extension of the secular progressive establishment.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have been fighting the urge to go to their webstore and order a custom jersey that reads KEEPTHENAME or WILLNOTBEPC.

I am neutral when it comes to liking or hating the Redskins. However, this fucked up political correctness shit deserves to be protested.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Tough day for Miami fans.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Steelers better run the legs off the running backs.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#13]
61 days to kickoff.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
61 days to kickoff.

View Quote

Too damn long.I've already flip flopped my schedule so I can make most of the training camp dates.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#16]

I'm already sick of hearing about this kid.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#17]
The most disturbing thing about this season will be that I side with Daniel Snyder on something.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same here.
I have a friend who played in the NFL for 9 years. Mostly for Denver as a Safety. We talked about him, my friend says he'll slammed for his cockiness and as sort of a "welcome to the big time"

I wouldn't want to see him injured, but he needs to learn to be more respectful.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Looking forward to the start of the season. GO PACKERS!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I can't WAIT to see Johnny Manziel this year.  Being a Browns fan, it's really hard for me.  I just know with all the bad press he's been getting and how he's been acting in the past month or so (on top of his playing style, which I think is going to lead to some pretty serious injuries), he's just going to be another name in the long list of horrible QB ventures we've had.

Here's to hoping Brian Hoyer continues what he was doing in the 3 games he started last year before he fucked up his knee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NFL sucks

The Browns suck.  

I can't WAIT to see Johnny Manziel this year.  Being a Browns fan, it's really hard for me.  I just know with all the bad press he's been getting and how he's been acting in the past month or so (on top of his playing style, which I think is going to lead to some pretty serious injuries), he's just going to be another name in the long list of horrible QB ventures we've had.

Here's to hoping Brian Hoyer continues what he was doing in the 3 games he started last year before he fucked up his knee.
Yeah, I'm not sold on JFF as the answer either. I'm hoping they can elevate themselves to middle of the pack this season.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#23]
46 days
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Jets training camp starts Wednesday.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't wait to see how Jerry Jones fucks shit up this season.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Tuba players have a hard time letting go of high school shit...let him rant.

Back to the topic, Andre Johnson needs to get his ass into practice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Millionaire Thugs from Town A clash (but gently) with Millionaire Thugs from Town B.  

That didn't take long.

Tuba players have a hard time letting go of high school shit...let him rant.

Back to the topic, Andre Johnson needs to get his ass into practice.

Yes, he does.
But in all honesty, I can't really blame him for being pissed off.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't wait.I just want to see 'Ol Loudmouth Dick get pancaked as much as possible.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Andre Johnson reported to camp on time today.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

He will find a way to suffer through making $15,000,000 this season.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough job, but somebody's got to do it, right?

Personally, I think he has a right to be pissed off. He has restructured his contract on more than one occasion to free up money for other players.
Sure, he'll get it all eventually, but he didn't have to do that. There aren't a whole lot of guys that do that at all.
He's getting up there in age and he knows he only has precious few years left. He wants to win. I get it.

Anyway, I'm just glad he showed up today.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Personally, I think he has a right to be pissed off. He has restructured his contract on more than one occasion to free up money for other players.
Sure, he'll get it all eventually, but he didn't have to do that. There aren't a whole lot of guys that do that at all.
He's getting up there in age and he knows he only has precious few years left. He wants to win. I get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed on all points.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Repeat
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I can't wait.I just want to see 'Ol Loudmouth Dick get pancaked as much as possible.
<a href="http://s600.photobucket.com/user/bluetick357/media/shermblock_zps8e154b4a.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt84/bluetick357/shermblock_zps8e154b4a.gif</a>
View Quote

[Hater gonna hate meme here]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Go niners.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Go to hell, niners.

View Quote
fixt

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s600.photobucket.com/user/bluetick357/media/shermblock_zps8e154b4a.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt84/bluetick357/shermblock_zps8e154b4a.gif</a>

I don't hate the Seahawks,just Sherman and Tate.Tate is gone now so...
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#38]
The Jets are progressing nicely. Calvin Pryor got  a concussion yesterday, Jace Amaro hurt  his knee today.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Gordon's one year suspension looks like BS if this is right

...Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Gordon landed in Stage III of the program last year as part of a negotiated two-game suspension for the use of cough syrup that contained codeine.  Once in Stage III, a player never leaves.  And he must pass up to 10 drug tests per month.

According to the source, Gordon has passed at least 70 drug tests.  One test barely generated a positive.  And but for the 50-50 luck of the draw, it would have been a negative.

Urine samples routinely are split into two bottles, the “A” bottle and the “B” bottle.  If the “A” bottle generates a positive result, the “B” bottle is tested.  Amazingly, the “B” bottle doesn’t have to independently show a violation.  Instead, the substance abuse policy states that the “‘B’ bottle Test need only show that the substance, revealed in the ‘A’ bottle Test, is evident to the ‘limits of detection’ to confirm the results of the ‘A’ bottle Test.”

In English, close counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and “B” bottles.

For Gordon, the “A” bottle showed a concentration of 16 ng/ml, only one nanogram per milliliter above the limits of 15.  The “B” bottle showed a concentration of 13.6 ng/ml — less than the threshold.

But because the “A” bottle was labeled “A” and not “B” and because the “B” bottle was labeled “B” and not “A”, the end result is a positive and a minimum one-year banishment from the NFL.  Flip the bottles when it’s time to apply the labels, and Gordon isn’t facing a suspension.
View Quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/gordons-appeal-focuses-on-disparity-between-a-and-b-bottle-tests/
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Gordon's one year suspension looks like BS if this is right

...Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Gordon landed in Stage III of the program last year as part of a negotiated two-game suspension for the use of cough syrup that contained codeine.  Once in Stage III, a player never leaves.  And he must pass up to 10 drug tests per month.

According to the source, Gordon has passed at least 70 drug tests.  One test barely generated a positive.  And but for the 50-50 luck of the draw, it would have been a negative.

Urine samples routinely are split into two bottles, the "A” bottle and the "B” bottle.  If the "A” bottle generates a positive result, the "B” bottle is tested.  Amazingly, the "B” bottle doesn’t have to independently show a violation.  Instead, the substance abuse policy states that the "‘B’ bottle Test need only show that the substance, revealed in the ‘A’ bottle Test, is evident to the ‘limits of detection’ to confirm the results of the ‘A’ bottle Test.”

In English, close counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and "B” bottles.

For Gordon, the "A” bottle showed a concentration of 16 ng/ml, only one nanogram per milliliter above the limits of 15.  The "B” bottle showed a concentration of 13.6 ng/ml — less than the threshold.

But because the "A” bottle was labeled "A” and not "B” and because the "B” bottle was labeled "B” and not "A”, the end result is a positive and a minimum one-year banishment from the NFL.  Flip the bottles when it’s time to apply the labels, and Gordon isn’t facing a suspension.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/gordons-appeal-focuses-on-disparity-between-a-and-b-bottle-tests/

A year for weed is BS even if he showed up to camp with smoke billowing out of his car when he opened the door.  

Watch the drug policy get softened re: weed in the next couple years.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I can't wait to see how Jerry Jones fucks shit up this season.
View Quote

Lots of people are in that boat.  Everybody loves a good train wreck.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Arian Foster's hammy is acting up and David Wilson left practice with a burner.  

Ruh Roh
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ruh Roh
View Quote

I wish the Texans would trade Arian Foster while they can still get something for him.
When he's on, he's great... but he's too delicate.
I wish there would have been a viable way to lose Foster and keep Tate.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I wish the Texans would trade Arian Foster while they can still get something for him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ruh Roh

Tate's as delicate or more so than Foster.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ruh Roh

He screwed his knee up in preseason his rookie year and had to sit out because of surgery.
What else has he been afflicted with?

There were those broken ribs... that he played through.
I'm not sure I'd call that delicate (unless I've missed something since he has moved on).
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

He screwed his knee up in preseason his rookie year and had to sit out because of surgery.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Seriously?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Lets go PATS

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Texans will be the next superbowl  champs.
View Quote

You, sir, are an optimist.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lets go PATS

View Quote

I'm looking forward to seeing the Pat's D do something great this year.  
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top