Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 66
Posted: 6/19/2014 1:39:42 PM EDT

Because it's never too early to start talking about NFL football.

Kickoff begins on Thursday, September 4th with the Green Bay Packers facing the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle.

That's only 77 days to kickoff.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]
NFL sucks
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't wait.Nothing really worth watching in sports this time of year.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The Seahawks look stronger than last year. Good chance of a repeat.

Another team to look out for is Pittsburgh.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Millionaire Thugs from Town A clash (but gently) with Millionaire Thugs from Town B.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
NFC West is going to have another strong year. Looking forward to my Cardinals making the playoffs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

NFL sucks
View Quote

The Browns suck.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
NFC West is going to have another strong year. Looking forward to my Cardinals making the playoffs.
View Quote

DWash kind of screwed us on that deal.What an Idiot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Millionaire Thugs from Town A clash (but gently) with Millionaire Thugs from Town B.  
View Quote

That didn't take long.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That didn't take long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That didn't take long.

Tuba players have a hard time letting go of high school shit...let him rant.

Back to the topic, Andre Johnson needs to get his ass into practice.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That didn't take long.

You think he gets traded, or eventually slinks into training camp?

Or some other alternative?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
We all we got, we all we need!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

He COULD retire.

If he does, the Texans could recover almost 5 mil (unfairly, because Johnson agreed to expose that money for cap purposes last year).

The dude has absolutely earned the money he's been paid, and he's consistently shown a strong (very strong) work ethic, at least up to this point.

I think he's still dealing with shocked butthurt from last season's trainwreck. He was solid and most of the rest of the team was...awful.

I believe he'll eventually show up and perform.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He COULD retire.

If he does, the Texans could recover almost 5 mil (unfairly, because Johnson agreed to expose that money for cap purposes last year).

The dude has absolutely earned the money he's been paid, and he's consistently shown a strong (very strong) work ethic, at least up to this point.

I think he's still dealing with shocked butthurt from last season's trainwreck. He was solid and most of the rest of the team was...awful.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He COULD retire.

I think so too.

I think he's displeased with the QB situation and this is his (justified, in his mind) temper tantrum to show the front office they ought to take his opinions into account.

I think he views himself as a founding father of the Texans.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#14]
So Stoked--already got my tickets to preseason game 2!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not a bad guess, but actually it was being a Bengals fan for 20 years that soured me on the whole thing.

I'm happy to have my Sundays back.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Half the team bailed man.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was predicting the Cards to finish 2nd in the NFC West ahead of the Whiners.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same devastating D, improved offense...oh yeah, looking forward to more beatdowns of hapless non-NFC West opponents.

NFC West games will be tough, every team in it is dangerous.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm... rotational players and 2nd stringers. All have already been replaced. The Hawks still have the best depth in the NFL.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He COULD retire.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He COULD retire.

He'll show up... I'm pretty sure of that.

Predictions?  

AFC:  I honestly can't see anyone in the AFC except the Broncos, Pats and maybe the Chiefs being any real threat this year.  I say Broncos take the AFC Championship again.  The Colts are OK, but I just don't see them (or anyone else in the South) being a serious threat.  The North?  Well, the Bengals won that division last year.. and that's all I have to say about that..  AFC is clearly the weaker Conference right now.

NFC: The North and East will likely be doormats again and will simply be a scrimmage for the teams in the other divisions to deal with to advance in the playoffs.  The West and South are much tighter IMO.  Saints, Hawks, Panthers, 49ers are all legit contenders.  Although they aren't at the level as the teams just mentioned, you can't sleep on the Cardinals either.  I know they stunk it up last year due to injuries.. but I see the Falcons rebounding and maybe making a run.  When it's all said and done however, I think the Panthers finally figure it all out this year, and get it done.

Broncos vs Panthers in the Super Bowl

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Texans will be the next superbowl  champs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Defense is there... but you can only hand off to Arian Foster so many times.  We'll have to see what comes out of their current QB situation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The Seahawks look stronger than last year. Good chance of a repeat.

Another team to look out for is Pittsburgh.
View Quote

The Steelers have a pretty nice schedule this year, aside from the Divisional games at least since those are always wild because that's just how the AFC North is.

The trick will be dodging the injury bullet, the last two years they got hit hard by injuries in pre-season and the first week or 2 of the season. Take last year for example, it's hard to make up for lost ground in November when in September you're down your starting center, tight end and running back all before the first quarter of the opener is over; add in that the O-line was basically a triage unit too and you have problems.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Defense is there... but you can only hand off to Arian Foster so many times.  We'll have to see what comes out of their current QB situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The defense might be there...D line oughta be ridiculous, though.

Arian's back is still suspect.

We have no QB.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ummm... rotational players and 2nd stringers. All have already been replaced. The Hawks still have the best depth in the NFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you say so.It happens to every SB winning team,everybody wants more money.They may have it figured out for all I know,but a lot of talented players split for the cash.The move that had me scratching my head was letting Tate go and keeping Rice,that's a mistake.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If you say so.It happens to every SB winning team,everybody wants more money.They may have it figured out for all I know,but a lot of talented players split for the cash.The move that had me scratching my head was letting Tate go and keeping Rice,that's a mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They let Tate go because he isn't worth the price Detroit paid. He is a dime a dozen receiver. Baldwin is better than Tate, IMO. They released Rice and brought him back cheap. The Hawks actually look better at WR this year than last. Picked up some speed guys and if Harvin stays healthy, watch out.

The guys that they lost on defense were back ups or took 50% of the snaps. They just added Kevin Williams, who will probably be a beast in Seattle's rotation.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They let Tate go because he isn't worth the price Detroit paid. He is a dime a dozen receiver. Baldwin is better than Tate, IMO. They released Rice and brought him back cheap. The Hawks actually look better at WR this year than last. Picked up some speed guys and if Harvin stays healthy, watch out.

The guys that they lost on defense were back ups or took 50% of the snaps. They just added Kevin Williams, who will probably be a beast in Seattle's rotation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant Harvin,not Rice.Tate was the best reciever on the team last season.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only defensive loss I'm worried about is Big Red, but I'm hoping a Williams rotation (Kevin and Jesse) will fill his rather large shoes.

I'm excited to see what a spread offense with Percy on one side and PRich on the other is going to do to opposing D's, that's going to be just plain nasty to defend.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Miami Dolphins FTW !! I will be at the Bucs/St Louis game second week in Tampa. Always some smokin' hot women at the Bucs games.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Predictions?  

AFC:  I honestly can't see anyone in the AFC except the Broncos, Pats and maybe the Chiefs being any real threat this year.  I say Broncos take the AFC Championship again.  The Colts are OK, but I just don't see them (or anyone else in the South) being a serious threat.  The North?  Well, the Bengals won that division last year.. and that's all I have to say about that..  AFC is clearly the weaker Conference right now.

NFC: The North and East will likely be doormats again and will simply be a scrimmage for the teams in the other divisions to deal with to advance in the playoffs.  The West and South are much tighter IMO.  Saints, Hawks, Panthers, 49ers are all legit contenders.  Although they aren't at the level as the teams just mentioned, you can't sleep on the Cardinals either.  I know they stunk it up last year due to injuries.. but I see the Falcons rebounding and maybe making a run.  When it's all said and done however, I think the Panthers finally figure it all out this year, and get it done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He COULD retire.

Predictions?  

lol Panthers

Cam can't throw the ball to himself, man.  Not to mention a bottom-3 level O-Line.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

With Ryan Fitzpatrick?  ehhhhh
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Already?  It's mid June.

Oh well ok if you want to...

Hmmm Pats will win 10+, win the AFC east, be the 1,2,3 seed, maybe make it the championship, maybe make it the Super Bowl, maybe win it all...

Yawwwwwwn.

I know most of you can't dream what it would be like to be good every year but it's just business as usual in NE
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

lol Panthers

Cam can't throw the ball to himself, man.  Not to mention a bottom-3 level O-Line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He COULD retire.

Predictions?  

lol Panthers

They've made some decent upgrades to their receiving corps..... They should be better at WR than they were last year... and they still have D. Williams, Cam, and Olsen.  O-Line is an issue, but it was last year as well, and Cam went crazy.

I'm not a Panthers fan by any stretch... we shall see I guess.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Kickoff begins on Thursday, September 4th with the Green Bay Packers facing the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle.

View Quote

Packers to win it all.  Best offense in the league with a much improved defense and a healthy Rodgers and Cobb plus Lacy makes all the difference.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Predictions?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He COULD retire.

Predictions?  

NFC north doormats?  

Packers, Bears and possibly Lions are doormats?

I want what you're smoking.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

They've made some decent upgrades to their receiving corps..... They should be better at WR than they were last year... and they still have D. Williams, Cam, and Olsen.  O-Line is an issue, but it was last year as well, and Cam went crazy.

View Quote

wat.

you cannot be serious
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Already?  It's mid June.

Oh well ok if you want to...

Hmmm Pats will win 10+, win the AFC east, be the 1,2,3 seed, maybe make it the championship, maybe make it the Super Bowl, maybe win it all...

Yawwwwwwn.

I know most of you can't dream what it would be like to be good every year but it's just business as usual in NE
View Quote

OTAs in full swing, breh
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Packers to win it all.  Best offense in the league with a much improved defense and a healthy Rodgers and Cobb plus Lacy makes all the difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the Packers look good, if they stay healthy. I'm a big fan of Cobb.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Browns suck.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NFL sucks

The Browns suck.  

I can't WAIT to see Johnny Manziel this year.  Being a Browns fan, it's really hard for me.  I just know with all the bad press he's been getting and how he's been acting in the past month or so (on top of his playing style, which I think is going to lead to some pretty serious injuries), he's just going to be another name in the long list of horrible QB ventures we've had.

Here's to hoping Brian Hoyer continues what he was doing in the 3 games he started last year before he fucked up his knee.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Ravens.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Panthers will have a top5 D, the O will be surprise everyone and be in the top 15.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm pulling for my Eagles!

Nick Foles, shady mccoy, sproles, Maclin...Chip Kelly.....GO BIRDS!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

wat.

you cannot be serious
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wat.

you cannot be serious

I think they'll be fine, even after losing Smith... we'll see.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I can't WAIT to see Johnny Manziel this year.  Being a Browns fan, it's really hard for me.  I just know with all the bad press he's been getting and how he's been acting in the past month or so (on top of his playing style, which I think is going to lead to some pretty serious injuries), he's just going to be another name in the long list of horrible QB ventures we've had.

Here's to hoping Brian Hoyer continues what he was doing in the 3 games he started last year before he fucked up his knee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NFL sucks

The Browns suck.  

Hoyer looked good last year.

Like really good.

It would be good for Manziel to sit this season if Hoyer can keep up the same pace.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Like really good.

It would be good for Manziel to sit this season if Hoyer can keep up the same pace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NFL sucks

The Browns suck.  

Like really good.

Yep, providing Hoyer stays healthy I think we have a decent shot at winning more than 4 or 5 games this year(how sad is it that as a Browns fan I just have to hope for more wins than losses? )  He's without a doubt better than all of the QB's we've had over the past decade and I think he is what we need to unite our offense.

On the other hand, I was a little bummed with the draft.  I was praying we'd be able to pick up Blake Bortles, after watching him play for UCF I felt like he might be able to make something of himself in the NFL and without a doubt think he'd have been worlds ahead of Johnny Football if he hadn't been picked up earlier than Cleveland's first pick.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Green Bay, championship number 14 !!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I was a huge football fan till the Gayness started and now with Olooser in pushing the skins to change their name,

F=NFL no money no views nothing from me,  I know they dont care about the one little viewer that could,  there are enough fsa that will fill in my spot but F-em

F them again for good measure I am now just going to watch the little nascars go left till they go full retard,  and now that jimmy is winning again looks like he might get champion chimp number wut???
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The refs owe Green Bay a call.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top