View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

To each his own.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any ice is considered on the rocks.
The term originated when Scottish distillers would take cold rocks from a stream bead to cool down (and thus mute) the whisky.   They were drinking new make spirit straight off the still and needed something to tame it down.   Now all scotch has to be aged at least 3 years in oak  by law in order to be called Scotch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evan Williams Single Barrel.  OMFG this stuff is good.  Heard about it, read about it in a thread the other night here...  Picked up a bottle on sale today.  Jeez it is tasty neat with a cube or two.  An excellent value in the under $30 dollar bourbans.

With a cube or two is not neat.  

You have it on the rocks.
If it was neat, but chilled, then it is refered to as "up".

Hmm.  Good to know.  Guess I think of "on the rocks" as I usually order a drink in bars and you get a glass filled with ice and booze.  I had a bit "neat" before dinner to get a measure of the product but decided I would like it bit chilled but not quite "on the rocks".  So added a cube or two to cool it and slightly dilute it.  Which might be "on the rocks" in decent bar where if you order cheap booze you get a glass filled with ice and booze but if you order a nice booze you get mostly booze with a few cubes.  Which now that I am thinking about it is the way it goes in better places where they get the difference and also serve $80 dollar steaks.

Any ice is considered on the rocks.
The term originated when Scottish distillers would take cold rocks from a stream bead to cool down (and thus mute) the whisky.   They were drinking new make spirit straight off the still and needed something to tame it down.   Now all scotch has to be aged at least 3 years in oak  by law in order to be called Scotch.

Well that is a super cool bit of whiskey lore!  And would also explain why what we were drinking at my brothers the last few days seemed to require no rocks at all.  We were in town for my mothers funeral and my bro laid in a selection of bourban,scotch and tequila. All were top shelf at least and during the late night card and chat sessions there was no ice at all in evidence.  Nothing but neat pours consumed slowly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Drinking on the cheap tonight.
Keystone Ice and KD

Saving the Buffalo Trace and Octomore for the cookout tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
To each his own.  
View All Quotes
Yeah, I know.  I tried to like it, ain't happening.  Cool purple bag though.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
To each his own.  
View All Quotes
Second double tap tonight.  Since 2007 only had two and they've both been tonight.  Maybe I need to lay off the bourbon.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Went from champagne to a Manhattan to multiple glasses of delicious wine to smoking a Cuban cigar.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Coors Light
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Decided to try some Basil Hayden's with a black market cigar.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Need to get some Basil Haydens, Even Williams, and a few others.  
Only Bourbon I picked up this month was Angel's Envy and my wifes lesbian friend (no pics, she is a real lesbian) mixed some with coke.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only Bourbon I picked up this month was Angel's Envy and my wifes lesbian friend (no pics, she is a real lesbian) mixed some with coke.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife once used my don julio 1942 to make a mixed drink. She now has her own section in our cabinet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My wife once used my don julio 1942 to make a mixed drink. She now has her own section in our cabinet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my wife's stash. minus a few large bottles of Captain Morgan and Malibu.
Wish I could find bottles of scotch like this locally.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is my wife's stash. minus a few large bottles of Captain Morgan and Malibu.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/rdxfusion/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb689e747.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/rdxfusion/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb689e747.jpg

That would make it easier to stomach if you bought something you didn't like.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, I have not bought anything I did not like.    The Balvenie 12 and Glenmorinigie 10 are on my might not buy again list, but they are ok.   The Balvenie 12 was just a bad batch, and the 17 made up for it.  
The Glenmoringine 10 was just boring.   Like Jameson.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
PBR

aloha, Mark
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top