BLUE LABEL...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing, anymore. I'm out of whiskey and I'm out of gin
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#7]
bud heavy in a can. The Remington Rand 1911A1 and Springfield Armory Garand M1 SN# 86xxx is also nearby.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ardbeg Uigeadail

View Quote

How good is it? I saw a bottle today and thought about getting it but I've never had anything ardbeg.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
bud heavy in a can. The Remington Rand 1911A1 and Springfield Armory Garand M1 SN# 86xxx is also nearby.
View Quote

Pics or bs

For me it's 2 RIA 1911s that went to the range this morning and are waiting for a bath

ETA:  I am on to this now.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Evan Williams Single Barrel.  OMFG this stuff is good.  Heard about it, read about it in a thread the other night here...  Picked up a bottle on sale today.  Jeez it is tasty neat with a cube or two.  An excellent value in the under $30 dollar bourbans.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How good is it? I saw a bottle today and thought about getting it but I've never had anything ardbeg.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ardbeg Uigeadail

It's great if you like BBQ and dirt.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Evan Williams Single Barrel.  OMFG this stuff is good.  Heard about it, read about it in a thread the other night here...  Picked up a bottle on sale today.  Jeez it is tasty neat with a cube or two.  An excellent value in the under $30 dollar bourbans.
View Quote

With a cube or two is not neat.  

You have it on the rocks.
If it was neat, but chilled, then it is refered to as "up".
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Word.

Had a couple of draft Pacificos at dinner.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Everclear & Big Red
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#16]
About 7 bottles of shitty, $4.00 a bottle wine---followed by a couple shots of Jonny Black.

I've convinced myself that I can masturbate (without injury) while wearing my ninja climbing claws.   Wish me fucking luck...I'm out!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ardbeg Uigeadail

I love BBQ. Dirt, not so much. Btw, I looked at a couple places today and didn't find and lagavulin distillers edition. There's a couple more places that might have it though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
About 7 bottles of shitty, $4.00 a bottle wine---followed by a couple shots of Jonny Black.

I've convinced myself that I can masturbate (without injury) while wearing my ninja climbing claws.   Wish me fucking luck...I'm out!!!
View Quote

Post an aar for the bronies.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I love BBQ. Dirt, not so much. Btw, I looked at a couple places today and didn't find and lagavulin distillers edition. There's a couple more places that might have it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ardbeg Uigeadail

The local liquor stores (Alice and Kingsville)  put me on some kinda list, and he said once its final I could have first pick at special orders or something like that.   Have to meet with the owner next week.
The 10% off will pay for tax anyways.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The local liquor stores (Alice and Kingsville)  put me on some kinda list, and he said once its final I could have first pick at special orders or something like that.   Have to meet with the owner next week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ardbeg Uigeadail

If they get any pappy let me know and I'll mark the drive.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Man I need a damn avatar.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If they get any pappy let me know and I'll mark the drive.
View Quote

Working on that.  
Last I heard it was allocated for 5 years through the local stores and Specs in Corpus.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Willett Pot Still Reserve. Picked it up at the distillery today, me like.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

You like Laphroaig?

Name a bottle.   If I have it, I will get you a photo.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/sigp250/media/94F352A5-35EE-4A8C-9A90-FF8BB88CB791_zpsaxbxjmcn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b506/sigp250/94F352A5-35EE-4A8C-9A90-FF8BB88CB791_zpsaxbxjmcn.jpg</a>
View Quote

Winning. I am out of town and have some southern comfort and bud lights :/
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Four Roses single barrel...per GD's recommendation..neat of course.

Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Very nice.
View Quote

Yes it is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You like Laphroaig?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/rdxfusion/IMG_9994_zps7b7e2aaf.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You like Laphroaig?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/rdxfusion/IMG_9994_zps7b7e2aaf.jpg

Never had any. Also thought about getting a bottle of their 18 year today.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm.  Good to know.  Guess I think of "on the rocks" as I usually order a drink in bars and you get a glass filled with ice and booze.  I had a bit "neat" before dinner to get a measure of the product but decided I would like it bit chilled but not quite "on the rocks".  So added a cube or two to cool it and slightly dilute it.  Which might be "on the rocks" in decent bar where if you order cheap booze you get a glass filled with ice and booze but if you order a nice booze you get mostly booze with a few cubes.  Which now that I am thinking about it is the way it goes in better places where they get the difference and also serve $80 dollar steaks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Very nice.
View Quote

Never had the single barrel, but their small batch is amazing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ardbeg Uigeadail

Here I sit, picking top soil out of my teeth.

I like Uigeadail, but I like peat. Islay Scotches are my favorites, along with Campbeltown Springbank offerings.

I looked to see what I have right now, and it looks like I'm down to 4 Ardbegs: a ten year old standard bottling that I rarely touch, a 17 year old, Corryvreckan, and the Uigeadail. I didn't paw through all of my bottles, so I might have another Ardbeg in there.

I thought about pouring a Lagavulin 16, but tonight I reached next it and snatched the Uigeadail. It is one of my favorite Scotches. Uigeadail is hard to get here, so I treasure it when I can get it. This bottle actually came from Colorado.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I like Uigeadail, but I like peat. Islay Scotches are my favorites, along with Campbeltown Springbank offerings.

I looked to see what I have right now, and it looks like I'm down to 4 Ardbegs: a ten year old standard bottling that I rarely touch, a 17 year old, Corryvreckan, and the Uigeadail. I didn't paw through all of my bottles, so I might have another Ardbeg in there.

I thought about pouring a Lagavulin 16, but tonight I reached next it and snatched the Uigeadail. It is one of my favorite Scotches. Uigeadail is hard to get here, so I treasure it when I can get it. This bottle actually came from Colorado.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ardbeg Uigeadail

Well, I did not mean a dirt taste as in peat.    I like peat.    Ugiedail has an earthworm finish.  
Lagavulin 16 is good over vanilla ice cream.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hmm.  Good to know.  Guess I think of "on the rocks" as I usually order a drink in bars and you get a glass filled with ice and booze.  I had a bit "neat" before dinner to get a measure of the product but decided I would like it bit chilled but not quite "on the rocks".  So added a cube or two to cool it and slightly dilute it.  Which might be "on the rocks" in decent bar where if you order cheap booze you get a glass filled with ice and booze but if you order a nice booze you get mostly booze with a few cubes.  Which now that I am thinking about it is the way it goes in better places where they get the difference and also serve $80 dollar steaks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ice is considered on the rocks.
The term originated when Scottish distillers would take cold rocks from a stream bed to cool down (and thus mute) the whisky.   They were drinking new make spirit straight off the still and needed something to tame it down.   Now all scotch has to be aged at least 3 years in oak  by law in order to be called Scotch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice.

Barrel # 87-1K  I shit you not...Twas destined to fall into my hands, lovely barrel #87
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Barrel # 87-1K  I shit you not...Twas destined to fall into my hands, lovely barrel #87
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice.

Warehouse ME?

Mine is Barrel 7-4P
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Warehouse ME?

Mine is Barrel 7-4P
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice.

Warehouse ME?

Mine is Barrel 7-4P

Warehouse RN
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Evan Williams.  Yummy.  I might be a little inebriated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#39]
So I went to my humidor to light up a stick and decided to pull out a partagas limited reserve 1999 that had been aging for a couple years. I left it in the tube when I put it in and found this when I opened it.

Guess I'll light up something else.

ETA: for those who don't know, it has mold on the foot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So I went to my humidor to light up a stick and decided to pull out a partagas limited reserve 1999 that had been aging for a couple years. I left it in the tube when I put it in and found this when I opened it.

<a href="http://s117.photobucket.com/user/dragginass06/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CBACBB83-0F49-4E9A-B90C-9A4642EC8F1F_zpsqox5hjip.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o80/dragginass06/Mobile%20Uploads/CBACBB83-0F49-4E9A-B90C-9A4642EC8F1F_zpsqox5hjip.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s117.photobucket.com/user/dragginass06/media/Mobile%20Uploads/09EAFEA1-EDA1-47F9-967C-705C2FC1E351_zps2zfrmzwk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o80/dragginass06/Mobile%20Uploads/09EAFEA1-EDA1-47F9-967C-705C2FC1E351_zps2zfrmzwk.jpg</a>

Guess I'll light up something else.

ETA: for those who don't know, it has mold on the foot.
View Quote

What humidity are you running?   I try to keep mine between 65 and 70.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Anywhere between 68-72 is where it's normally at. None of my other cigars have ever had mold. I did get this one from a store that has horrible luck with their humidor. If I had known this I would have never bought it. It had a cork stopper on the end so it was sealed pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Now to this

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Samuel. Adams. Boston. Lager
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anywhere between 68-72 is where it's normally at. None of my other cigars have ever had mold. I did get this one from a store that has horrible luck with their humidor. If I had known this I would have never bought it. It had a cork stopper on the end so it was sealed pretty good.
View Quote

There is a liquor store in Halletsville that has their humidor set at a rain forest like 21%RH.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There is a liquor store in Halletsville that has their humidor set at a rain forest like 21%RH.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah my old stomping grounds. This one in victoria had theirs go out and had 0% humidity for 6 months. They never stopped anyone from buying them either. It still isn't fixed so I don't even bother to go there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
What does the tattoo say?
View All Quotes

Love

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top