Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 184
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Representative Stockman looks like an idiot if that's the statute to which he's pointing.  We may not be happy with the law, but BLM is acting within it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm sure he thinks highly of gays and black people too. whats weird is how softspoken and anemic he is.  Who the hell voted for this wimp?
View Quote

SEIU "technicians" counted the votes under the supervision of a democratic secretary of state.  That and the RNC abandoned Sharon Angle because it was someone else's turn and Sharon cut in line

It gets better too- the RNC ran a 2010 Senate primary reject for the House in 2012 and after he got the nomination it turns out he's 8 million dollars in the hole from a bad real estate deal.  So instead we get Horseford, who is the classy democrat that walked out on testimony from the families of the victims of Benghazi.

Get yer shit together fast RNC, NV should be a slam dunk now if you can unfuck yourselves for two lousy elections.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#3]

That is what I am saying.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The best he could have done is stay clear of it?????  Really?  I think the best he could have done was his damned job and kick them the fuck out of the state.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Representative Stockman looks like an idiot if that's the statute to which he's pointing.  We may not be happy with the law, but BLM is acting within it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is SOP for Congressmen, especially Republican Congressmen, to act shocked, SHOCKED! when the federal bureaucracy actually enforces the laws passed by Congress.

Congress of course has full power to repeal any law they feel is being abused, but since that would put the spotlight on them it's easier to blame "unelected bureaucrats" for "misinterpreting" the law.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
43 U.S. Code § 1733 - Enforcement authority

(c)(1)  When the Secretary determines that assistance is necessary in enforcing Federal laws and regulations relating to the public lands or their resources he shall offer a contract to appropriate local officials having law enforcement authority within their respective jurisdictions with the view of achieving maximum feasible reliance upon local law enforcement officials in enforcing such laws and regulations.  ...

Ok, the Secretary determined that assistance wasn't necessary.  That precedes any may/shall/must discussion.

But, the BLM was in contact with the Sheriff on this matter.  This contact and collaboration is documented in sworn depositions for their 2012 attempts.  It wasn't effective.  Furthermore, Clark County spent nearly $400,000 to acquire and restrict the grazing rights, and the Sheriff doesn't seem too keen on doing anything to protect the financial interest of the taxpayers.

The Sheriff is more than happy to let the BLM come in and be the bad guy in all of this.  I'm not sure that this isn't a mutual decision between BLM and the Clark County Sheriff's Office.  Better to have your constituents mad at an outside agency than yourself.  

If the government of Clark County was genuinely interested in a way to resolve this matter in compliance with the law and in Mr. Bundy's favor, they would be in discussions about reversing their decision to retire the grazing rights to the Bunkerville Allotment.

I can try to find a reference, but I recall reading that Clark County is facing a lawsuit for not enforcing the grazing rights they purchased with taxpayer money.  Letting the Feds bring the situation into compliance will satisfy the courts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is SOP for Congressmen, especially Republican Congressmen, to act shocked, SHOCKED! when the federal bureaucracy actually enforces the laws passed by Congress.

Congress of course has full power to repeal any law they feel is being abused, but since that would put the spotlight on them it's easier to blame "unelected bureaucrats" for "misinterpreting" the law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way, dude.  Those "unelected bureaucrats" are the ultimate scape goat.  Nobody wants to jettison the scape goats.

Meanwhile, my goat is going to be on the deck of a carrier.  Going to be the best 32 bucks I've ever spent.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I miss 30 pages and the fed swaps out our reliable 8% ers?

Did anybody post the Washington Post blog?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/04/15/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-long-fight-between-cliven-bundy-and-the-federal-government/
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#9]
There's also a 43 USC 1733 (a) that discusses criminal penalties not to exceed 1 year's imprisonment. I didn't realize we could put Mr. Bundy in jail for this stuff.  Up until now, I thought the avenue was just civil enforcement.  I'll have to figure out how we can get Mr. Bundy behind bars.  There's a lot to sift through, but if there's a penalty section, surely there's a section that outlines the criminal offenses.  Thanks, Rep. Stockman!  You da man!  [for those of you who have your meters out for calibration, yes, that's sarcasm]

Meanwhile, I just found 45 CFR, which seems to govern the National Science Foundation, and presumably their enforcement branch.  Did you know that he National Science Foundation is in charge of law enforcement in Antarctica?  

OMG, I so want to be an NSF JBT.

But, sadly, it seems that the NSF station chief is the defacto appointee for enforcement.  Seriously, how good can this guy be with a firearm?  What are this poindexter's PT scores like?  While I'm sure a man with his IQ can spell "exigency", can he fabricate exigency?  Probably not.  Special skillz?  I has them.

Right now, he's supposed to call in a special US Marshall for special situations.   However, with a few kind words to my Congressman, I'm pretty sure that we can slip a new subsection into 45 CFR that would allow me to serve as full time SWAT enforcement for NSF.  OMG, for once, people will finally have to adhere to proper and appropriate use of significant figures ... or else.  Ohhhhh, I like that "or else" part.

I'm looking for NSF velcro patches for my MOLLE gear, but I can't find any.  Do you think I'd have to special order this?

ETA:
Almost forgot the reference!
https://www.nsf.gov/oig/05-2-009_final.pdf
If NSF only had full time SWAT enforcement, omissions like this would have ... consequences.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted::

....Meanwhile, my goat is going to be on the deck of a carrier.  Going to be the best 32 bucks I've ever spent.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SEIU "technicians" counted the votes under the supervision of a democratic secretary of state.  That and the RNC abandoned Sharon Angle because it was someone else's turn and Sharon cut in line

It gets better too- the RNC ran a 2010 Senate primary reject for the House in 2012 and after he got the nomination it turns out he's 8 million dollars in the hole from a bad real estate deal.  So instead we get Horseford, who is the classy democrat that walked out on testimony from the families of the victims of Benghazi.

Get yer shit together fast RNC, NV should be a slam dunk now if you can unfuck yourselves for two lousy elections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure he thinks highly of gays and black people too. whats weird is how softspoken and anemic he is.  Who the hell voted for this wimp?

Kind of puts a whole new perspective on republicans telling us a vote for anything but establishment is a vote for a dem, huh?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's infuriating to see an elected representative who's pulling in $175,000 per year (plus per diem?) spout off about "unchecked, unelected bureaucrats".  These reps can pass laws that affect 43 USC to check bureaucratic power in the very same fucking manner that they constantly fuck with 18 USC to infringe upon the RKBA.  That shit pretty much seems to fucking keep us in check, now doesn't it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Kind of puts a whole new perspective on republicans telling us a vote for anything but establishment is a vote for a dem, huh?
View Quote

The guy from 2012 was an establishment pick and people withheld their votes for the very valid concern that his financial troubles would lead to further embarrassment for the GOP in NV.  That said, we got an embarrassing Democrat instead

Sharon Angle did lose to a Democrat as well.

So they have a point.  On the other hand winning with someone who is effectively a democrat but running as a republican may actually be worse than letting the face of scumbags be democrats- seeing as how they demonstrably keep getting less popular by the day now.

My position on ARFCOM has always been that I want to see people and policy for what they really are, without redistribution policy masking the ugly truth of social programming by the federal government in any form.  So in a way, I agree with the notion that withholding votes from the RNC program gets democrats elected but at the same time for so long as the RNC program is too similar to the DNC program I'm willing to live with that consequence.

We're basically screwed under the current oligarchy in my view, and I want as many people as possible to realize the fact before the shelves are bare and the pumps run dry so they know who to blame- and it isn't likely their neighbors no matter how lazy & stupid they may be but rather the few members in and affiliated with the crony capitalist oligarchy based in DC.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#16]

They want it so bad then power the damn white house and air force one with them.  They want obamacare for the country but how many of them have it? Thats one of the major problems with todays politicians and it just shows their ulterior motives if they aren't willing to take a dose of their own medicine.

Reminds me of the old western movie with Clint Eastwood where a guy is peddling some "miracle elixir" and the Indian ask him what's in it and he didn't know.  YOU DRINK IT.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:54:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that is the case, my brother would probably have a better chance of meeting him.

Just playing off his sigline

COINTELPRO

I know.

You do know there are several more on this website that do exactly the same thing. They are here strictly to support actions by the Obama administration that strike at the very foundations of American freedom. I can't believe more people here can't recognize what these people are!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:18:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is what I was afraid of when the "militia" showed up. They are framing the armed republicans as domestic terrorists and include the statements by Mack about using women as human shields. Now they want to know where they are going to next.

This was so close to a shooting war.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/17/us-usa-ranchers-nevada-militia-insight-idUSBREA3G26620140417?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews
View Quote

yep, just like the Tea Party.

Militias need to take a page from the NRA book. Love 'em or hate 'em the NRA squashed most bad legislation over the last 5 years while upgrading the image of gun ownership.

Militias are maligned, even in this forum. It doesn't matter, because militias shouldnt care about what others think and should concentrate on the constitution and not firing first.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:28:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is what I was afraid of when the "militia" showed up. They are framing the armed republicans as domestic terrorists and include the statements by Mack about using women as human shields. Now they want to know where they are going to next.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/17/us-usa-ranchers-nevada-militia-insight-idUSBREA3G26620140417?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews
View Quote

At least they were able to work the Koch brothers into that article.  That could have been written by the BLM.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Texas/Oklahoma border is next.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#22]

The Pres does love (abuse) them EOs, doesn't he?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:16:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh FUCK THE BLM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:20:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Spins is hitting this thread hard.

Wonder if he's getting paid overtime?

TXL
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#25]
The next American Civil war started over desert grass?

This country is so screwed up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was for the turtles.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:35:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Last one kicked off with tea (and it wasn't even sweet tea)
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we have to start throwing T-bones or KC Strips in the harbor, count me out.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid yankees don't know how to make tea.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:46:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes.

When you look a the court depositions surrounding the BLM's attempts to remove the cattle in 2012, you don't realize that they are talking about April of 2012.  It reads just like the events of April of 2014.

Things in 2012 were tense enough to warrant the cancellation of the cattle removal due to threats hand delivered to the contractors assigned to remove the cattle.  On this latest attempt, the contractors were met with even greater interference.

from December of 2012:
6:30-8:00 pm Speaker Cliven Bundy – How to stand up the BLM and win! Letter of Constructive Notice/ Constitutional Rights
http://icownow.wordpress.com/

Sprinkle enough references to Waco and Ruby Ridge, invite the grandchildren to the spot of confrontation, and have certifiable drunks like Tom Collins standing beside you with a rifle ...
what could possibly go wrong?

I'm beginning to believe that Richard Mack's women and children first idea was not an "isolated incident."

This is about the desert tortoise Clark County conservation plans environmental activists Harry Reid's solar project water rights Agenda 21 well, the details don't matter, it's just the "big picture" that matters - unelected bureaucrats acting with unchecked power, and we need to spark a shooting war over this! Right ?

The unelected bureaucrats with "unchecked power" are simply acting in accordance with the exact same XY U.S. Code  blah(blah)(blah) that governs everything from immigration enforcement to firearms regulations.

If you want to make an argument for armed insurrection over "unchecked bureaucratic power" over Bundy's grazing access, then a very similar argument can be made for an armed uprising in support of illegal immigration.  The law, and delegation of authority under the law, is all printed on the exact same, ever growing, ream of paper.  I'd be careful about pulling at that ball of yarn.

We are only going to have the checks and balance of law that we demand.  Right now, it appears that we are demanding the law be ignored.  Haven't we seen enough willful disregard for the written law by the Executive Branch?

This isn't an easy process, but we do have the process.  If the 43 USC blah(blah)(blah) needs modification to provide appropriate limits to the DOI Secretary's delegated authorities, then let's get that codified into law.  If XY USC blah(blah)(blah) lacks sufficient provisions forcing DHS/INS/whatever to abide by codified immigration law, then let's get sufficiently strong enforcement clauses in there such that any bureaucrat who willfully fails to follow those laws is out of a job and career (there are places in the USC that have enforcement clauses that levy fines, etc, against the individual bureaucrats who don't do their jobs; we can strengthen this).
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:46:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe the Civil War had anything to do with tea...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:50:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or chicken biscuits. (McD's up north have fuckin bagels!!)

Honestly, this'll kick off when somebody's granny (like the ones on that overpass) gets droned.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It was for the turtles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was for the turtles.

I like turtles.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#35]
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=2591&c=10771&f=2675653

Mark Levin spent first 10 minutes of the show to cover the Bundy ranch. Good explanation of the history for those of you who want to call Bundy FSA....
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Mark Levin spent first 10 minutes of the show to cover the Bundy ranch. Good explanation of the history for those of you who want to call Bundy FSA....
View Quote

The BLM is acting like the FSA..........they do NOTHING to improve the land out there and want grazing fees to protect the desert tortoise.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:14:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The BLM is acting like the FSA..........they do NOTHING to improve the land out there and want grazing fees to protect the desert tortoise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True dat
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Honestly, this'll kick off when somebody's granny (like the ones on that overpass) gets droned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just died a little inside.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I like turtles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was for the turtles.

I like turtles.

Yeah, me too
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The BLM snipers have been trained by Troy Ind., they'll take out the women, children, dogs, cattle, and tortoises.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My personal understanding on this issue is that one is not supposed to mess with Texas.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smatthew the problem with Sharon Angel wasn't that it was she cut in front it was she is to stupid to live. Every time she opened her mouth stupid fell out and as a Union IronWorker I voted for her anyway just to oust Harry.

She actually came pretty close to beating him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes.

When you look a the court depositions surrounding the BLM's attempts to remove the cattle in 2012, you don't realize that they are talking about April of 2012*.  It reads just like the events of April of 2014.

Things in 2012 were tense enough to warrant the cancellation of the cattle removal due to threats hand delivered to the contractors assigned to remove the cattle.  On this latest attempt, the contractors were met with even greater interference.

Sprinkle enough references to Waco and Ruby Ridge, invite the grandchildren to the spot of confrontation, and have certifiable drunks like Tom Collins standing beside you with a rifle ...

I'm beginning to believe that Richard Mack's women and children first idea was not an "isolated incident."

This is about the desert tortoise Clark County conservation plans environmental activists Harry Reid's solar project water rights Agenda 21 well, the details don't matter, it's just the "big picture" that matters - unelected bureaucrats acting with unchecked power, and we need to spark a shooting war over this! Right ?

The unelected bureaucrats with "unchecked power" are simply acting in accordance with the exact same XY U.S. Code  blah(blah)(blah) that governs everything from immigration enforcement to firearms regulations.

If you want to make an argument for armed insurrection over "unchecked bureaucratic power" over Bundy's grazing access, then a very similar argument can be made for an armed uprising in support of illegal immigration.  The law, and delegation of authority under the law, is all printed on the exact same, ever growing, ream of paper.  I'd be careful about pulling at that ball of yarn.

We are only going to have the checks and balance of law that we demand.  Right now, it appears that we are demanding the law be ignored.  Haven't we seen enough willful disregard for the written law by the Executive Branch?

This isn't an easy process, but we do have the process.  If the 43 USC blah(blah)(blah) needs modification to provide appropriate limits to the DOI Secretary's delegated authorities, then let's get that codified into law.  If XY USC blah(blah)(blah) lacks sufficient provisions forcing DHS/INS/whatever to abide by codified immigration law, then let's get sufficiently strong enforcement clauses in there such that any bureaucrat who willfully fails to follow those laws is out of a job and career (there are places in the USC that have enforcement clauses that levy fines, etc, against the individual bureaucrats who don't do their jobs; we can strengthen this).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

When you look a the court depositions surrounding the BLM's attempts to remove the cattle in 2012, you don't realize that they are talking about April of 2012*.  It reads just like the events of April of 2014.

from December of 2012:
6:30-8:00 pm Speaker Cliven Bundy – How to stand up the BLM and win! Letter of Constructive Notice/ Constitutional Rights
http://icownow.wordpress.com/

*That was the same time H. Reid began the push for the proposed ENN Mojave Energy project (in 2012). It was declined by NV Energy then.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

True dat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True dat

That link didn't go directly to the podcast that is mentioned. If you go to Mark's website and scroll to this podcast you can listen. It is the opening segment and lasts for 15 minutes.

4/15/14-Mark Levin Audio Rewind
4/15/14

Mark talks about the history behind the ongoing Cliven Bundy ranch fight and why the BLM has stepped in

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#46]
8% of 3,000 or so ARF members polled are a JBT fishcop or Fed Bureaucrat willing to argue and troll about the specific legalities and merit behind railroading, JBTing and bureacrating over their subjects for 150+ pages.  

Maybe that should be expected. I think about 20% of our society works for the government? About 50% of them are koolaid drinkers who love the smell of their own farts. Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My personal understanding on this issue is that one is not supposed to mess with Texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can't even avoid violence in college athletics with this "Border War".  I'm guessing shit may get real.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Smatthew the problem with Sharon Angel wasn't that it was she cut in front it was she is to stupid to live. Every time she opened her mouth stupid fell out and as a Union IronWorker I voted for her anyway just to oust Harry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for voting for her. If it wasn't for the Margin of Fraud she would have won.
Page / 184
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top