BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 232
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You sure you want to keep going down that path and making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Just keep on going if you want to find out.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then the mods should have edited it, to be "fair", according to hardshell

I contacted them and let them know

You sure you want to keep going down that path and making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Just keep on going if you want to find out.

Now I'm just confused and getting conflicting information. To not be vague, let me post what a mod private messaged me:

Please report anything untoward that you see on the website, including 2 moth old news labeled as "BREAKING NEWS," but I do not recommend vindictively flooding the report system just because your title got edited.

So, as he recommended, instead of immediately reporting I posted in the thread that the title should be changed. He says right there to report 2 month old stories with breaking in the title. This is 2 years old and still said it. I just want to be on the same page with you mods
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
CNN reported just a few days ago that the FBI determined that captain flew the Indian ocean route on his home flight sim (Microsoft Flight Simulator X).

I was surprised to see this as "news", I thought they determined this well over a year ago, only a week or so after the incident actually...
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
CNN reported just a few days ago that the FBI determined that captain flew the Indian ocean route on his home flight sim (Microsoft Flight Simulator X).

I was surprised to see this as "news", I thought they determined this well over a year ago, only a week or so after the incident actually...
View Quote

That's how I remember it as well.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Widow of passenger who was on Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight says Malaysian Prime Minister's wife 'told her the jet was TAKEN by the pilots'

The widow of a passenger on doomed flight MH370 has sensationally claimed the wife of the Malaysian Prime Minister implied the pilots 'took' the jet.

Danica Weeks, 42, said a month after she was told the plane had disappeared on March 8, 2014, she told Rosmah Mansor - wife of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak - to do everything in her power to 'find her husband' Paul and 'bring him home'.
View Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3716802/MH370-widow-Danica-Weeks-claims-Malaysian-PM-s-wife-told-pilots-took-plane.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Muslim Pilot Syndrome

MH370 was flown into water 'deliberately', says senior crash expert

One of the world's leading air crash investigators says he believes flight MH370 was "deliberately" crashed into the sea by a rogue pilot in a possible murder-suicide bid.

Larry Vance said erosion on the edges of recovered wing parts suggested the plane was lowered to its doom in a controlled fashion.

The erosion was caused by a part of the plane's wing – called a flaperon – being exposed to the elements when it was extended.

The flaperon can only be extended by a pilot in full control of his plane,  he said.
View Quote

It comes as Australian transport safety bureau crash investigator Peter Foley agreed the crash could have been the work of a rogue pilot.
View Quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/01/mh370-was-flown-into-water-crash-expert-says/

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Ahhh... now it makes sense. No insurance to pay for the loss of plane and victims if pilot was a terrorist.

No insurance if ‘rogue pilot’ took down MH370

KUALA LUMPUR: If it transpires that a “rogue pilot” took Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 to a watery grave more than two years ago on 8 March 2014, claimants could be denied insurance coverage. This includes the families who missed the two year deadline under the Montreal Convention to file claims against the airline company.
View Quote

Spokeswoman Grace Nathan for Voice 370 , the MH370 next-of-kin group, admitted that families who settled for compensation from the airline may not be covered by insurance.

Those suing the airline, she said, may take criminal action as well. “You can’t start something now because the limitations date has passed,” she told The Australian. “If it’s proven to be pilot suicide, the insurance becomes void.”

Aviation policies, under sanction of the Montreal Convention, carry exclusions for suicide and terrorism. This is notwithstanding the question of Malaysian Airlines successfully determining the cause of the crash.
View Quote

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2016/08/04/no-insurance-if-rogue-pilot-took-down-mh370/
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#8]
This one man is making the Aussie searchers look like fools. He has found more of MH370 than the $150 million dollar search has.

#MH370 Economy seat back monitor case (with barnacles) awaiting examination & collection by Malaysia in Madagascar.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#10]

thanks for all the updates

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Did you put that presentation together Balista?  Nice work!

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Damn, didn't realize all that had been found.

Can we put this guy in charge of looking at the Nazi gold train and Hillary email server (in that order)?
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, I am just keeping an eye on this Black Swan. Something is not right with the investigation or the loss of this plane.

It's almost as if the Australians don't want this plane to be found as they refuse to aid the only guy who is consistently finding parts of the plane and the Aussie govt keeps searching where experts say the plane is not.

Makes you question, why?
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Malaysia confirms MH370 pilot plotted flight over Indian Ocean on flight simulator

Malaysian officials have finally admitted that the MH370 pilot plotted a path over the Indian Ocean, the alleged crash site, on a home flight simulator.

Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, the pilot of the missing aircraft, plotted the flight path into the Indian Ocean but it was just one of the thousands of routes on his home simulator, Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said.

"There is still no evidence to confirm that Captain Zaharie deliberately flew the plane into the Indian Ocean," he told reporters at his office in the federal government centre of Putrajaya.
View Quote

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11688474
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, I am just keeping an eye on this Black Swan. Something is not right with the investigation or the loss of this plane.

It's almost as if the Australians don't want this plane to be found as they refuse to aid the only guy who is consistently finding parts of the plane and the Aussie govt keeps searching where experts say the plane is not.

Makes you question, why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes you question, why?

What do you think they are trying to hide
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Malaysia confirms MH370 pilot plotted flight over Indian Ocean on flight simulator

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Malaysian officials have finally admitted that the MH370 pilot plotted a path over the Indian Ocean, the alleged crash site, on a home flight simulator.

Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, the pilot of the missing aircraft, plotted the flight path into the Indian Ocean but it was just one of the thousands of routes on his home simulator, Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said.

"There is still no evidence to confirm that Captain Zaharie deliberately flew the plane into the Indian Ocean," he told reporters at his office in the federal government centre of Putrajaya.

I respect all the stuff you say, and certainly recognize that you're one of the most intelligent guys on the forum, but I'm 99% certain that it all distills down to one simple fact: a 777 is really small, and the Indian ocean is really, REALLY big.  That's the only reason it hasn't been found.

By the way, the flight sim course plots discovered by the FBI is OLD recycled news.  That was released within a week or so of the disappearance.

Not sure why CNN ran it again two years later as if it was new material.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#17]

A two-year search for MH370 is approaching its conclusion

Australian experts hunting for the missing Malaysian airliner MH370 will need more funding if they are to continue the search.

Officials are attempting to define a new search area by studying where in the Indian Ocean the first piece of wreckage recovered from the lost Boeing 777 - a wing flap - most likely drifted from after the disaster that claimed 239 lives.

The next phase of the deep-sea sonar search is being planned in case the current two-year search of 120,000 square kilometers turns up nothing.

But a new search would require a new funding commitment.

Malaysia, Australia and China agreed in July that the $160 million search will be suspended once the current stretch of ocean southwest of Australia is exhausted.
View Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3748969/MH370-search-approaching-conclusion.html
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3748969/MH370-search-approaching-conclusion.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Australian experts hunting for the missing Malaysian airliner MH370 will need more funding if they are to continue the search.

Officials are attempting to define a new search area by studying where in the Indian Ocean the first piece of wreckage recovered from the lost Boeing 777 - a wing flap - most likely drifted from after the disaster that claimed 239 lives.

The next phase of the deep-sea sonar search is being planned in case the current two-year search of 120,000 square kilometers turns up nothing.

But a new search would require a new funding commitment.

Malaysia, Australia and China agreed in July that the $160 million search will be suspended once the current stretch of ocean southwest of Australia is exhausted.

it will never be found

or if it is it will be by chance only

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn, two years and we only got bits and pieces.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not even sure what they would even learn if they found it.  If the captain pulled the breaker for the CVR and FDR, and he very likely did, they'll have nothing.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Tour operator claims to have found debris from missing plane MH370 in Mozambique

Jean Viljoen claims to have found the section of debris on a beach called Linga Linga, reports the ABC.

Linga Linga in located on the eastern coast of Mozambique.
View Quote
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pretty much conclusively shows a high speed impact with the water.   Like the Silk Air where they had to dredge the river and sift the mud for pieces after the 737 hit straight down at > mach 1 or so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, two years and we only got bits and pieces.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Pretty much conclusively shows a high speed impact with the water.   Like the Silk Air where they had to dredge the river and sift the mud for pieces after the 737 hit straight down at > mach 1 or so.

I am not sure that I agree.  There have been relatively large pieces of MH370 found.  The picture of the Silk Air debris in a hangar may have been pieces that are much smaller.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#24]
One thing we know for sure. The plane is being found part by part bit thousands of miles away from where the Aussies say it is.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Guess what lies in a dircet line from Malaysia to the west coast of africa and madagascar? Most direct path.  Captain decided to jihad and we shot her down. We surpressed information to avoid an international incident
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One thing we know for sure. The plane is being found part by part bit thousands of miles away from where the Aussies say it is.
View Quote

But doesn't that make the most sense?  It's taken two years for the pieces to reach those destinations thousands of miles away.  They would have washed up days/weeks after if it had crashed nearby.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Tour operator claims to have found debris from missing plane MH370 in Mozambique

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/28/13/37A7B6DC00000578-3762218-image-a-8_1472386652008.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Jean Viljoen claims to have found the section of debris on a beach called Linga Linga, reports the ABC.

Linga Linga in located on the eastern coast of Mozambique.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/28/13/37A7B6DC00000578-3762218-image-a-8_1472386652008.jpg

Wreckage suggests plane exploded

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3762218/Mangled-MH370-wreckage-Mozambique-suggests-plane-exploded.html
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Makes you question, why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes you question, why?

Well, because they have nice paying jobs looking for something that's not there. Nice job if you can get it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Here is a picture of the SilkAir 737 debris.  I believe that it entered a river nose down.  Speed unknown but probably high.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#30]
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/12/asia/mh370-fire-madagascar-blaine-gibson/index.html

He's
the man who has already made a name for himself by finding parts of the
missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 but has Blaine Gibson unveiled a
brand new mystery?
Gibson says
he has located evidence that appears to show burn marks. If true, it
would be the first time such marks have been found on remnants of the
aircraft.
View Quote

The pieces, which were recovered near Sainte Luce, in southeastern Madagascar, are yet to be independently verified.

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Drifting Flaperon Decoys Next MH370 Gambit

"Investigators looking for the final resting place of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 have spent more than $150 million using the latest sensing and navigation technology without result and now they’re hoping to try a high-tech version of a message in a bottle. Australian scientists have built six replicas of the flaperon from the Boeing 777 that operated as MH370 that washed up on a beach on Reunion Island last year.

The idea is to drop the bright yellow flaperon-shaped floats in areas thought to be likely sites of the crash or ditching and see where they end up. Presumably if one makes it to Reunion Island, its point of entry in the ocean could be near the location of the wreck."

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#33]
More evidence the authorities don't really want to find MH370.  Oh.. you found parts of the plane we are looking for? We don't care. We will keep looking a place in the ocean that has revealed zero results.

MH370: debris found in Madagascar in June still not collected by Malaysia

Debris thought to be from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been languishing in storage for months awaiting collection by Malaysian authorities, prompting questions about the ongoing search effort.

Blaine Gibson, the US independent investigator who has previously discovered debris confirmed to be from MH370, found several further pieces on beaches in Madagascar in June that that he believed to be from the missing plane.

He told the Guardian that he notified Australian and Malaysian authorities, but the items have not been picked up by Malaysia, which oversees the retrieval and analysis of evidence in the plane’s disappearance.
View Quote

He had appealed to the Malaysian prime minister, Najib Razak, in a post to Facebook on 5 July: “I found some pieces of your plane about a month ago. Please send your people to come pick them up and investigate … and if they don’t, let’s request ATSB and ICAO [International Civil Aviation Organisation] to please do it.”
View Quote

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/16/mh370-debris-madagascar-malaysia-not-collected
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
More evidence the authorities don't really want to find MH370.  Oh.. you found parts of the plane we are looking for? We don't care. We will keep looking a place in the ocean that has revealed zero results.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/71d36eee448e072d450be1eb7ce9dd9a9bc74963/0_31_1386_832/master/1386.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=2b8158152b5e8481d3feb016da985dab

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/16/mh370-debris-madagascar-malaysia-not-collected
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/71d36eee448e072d450be1eb7ce9dd9a9bc74963/0_31_1386_832/master/1386.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=2b8158152b5e8481d3feb016da985dab

Debris thought to be from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been languishing in storage for months awaiting collection by Malaysian authorities, prompting questions about the ongoing search effort.

Blaine Gibson, the US independent investigator who has previously discovered debris confirmed to be from MH370, found several further pieces on beaches in Madagascar in June that that he believed to be from the missing plane.

He told the Guardian that he notified Australian and Malaysian authorities, but the items have not been picked up by Malaysia, which oversees the retrieval and analysis of evidence in the plane’s disappearance.

He had appealed to the Malaysian prime minister, Najib Razak, in a post to Facebook on 5 July: “I found some pieces of your plane about a month ago. Please send your people to come pick them up and investigate … and if they don’t, let’s request ATSB and ICAO [International Civil Aviation Organisation] to please do it.”

it is really baffling why they are so bend on not solving this

one has to really wonder what the hell is going on
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lawsuits when the flight recorders prove it was a pilot suicide w/mass murder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it is really baffling why they are so bend on not solving this

one has to really wonder what the hell is going on

Lawsuits when the flight recorders prove it was a pilot suicide w/mass murder.

There are international agreements that keep damages to a minimum, otherwise every accident would put an airline out of business.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Search bosses ‘in a bit of a pickle’ as MH370 mystery deepens

The ATSB bosses are in a bit of a pickle: 2½ years of searching under their guidance has not as yet produced any results and we are left with three competing theories.

Each would indicate a different area of where to search.

Theory 1. The ATSB scenario of an event that rendered the ­pilots incapacitated, and the aircraft ran out of fuel and crashed at high speed into the southern Indian Ocean.

Theory 2. A rogue pilot hijacked the aircraft three minutes after saying goodnight to Kuala Lumpur air traffic control and flew the aircraft via a pre-planned route to the southern Indian Ocean then descended. The pilot then carried out a controlled ditching under engine power with flaps extended. A 170-tonne aircraft hitting rough seas at well over 200km/h would essentially wreck it, tearing off the engines and flaps, which would be the first parts of the aircraft structure to make contact with the water.

This is the scenario favoured by many airline pilots and overseas air crash investigators of vast experience.

Theory 3. As in Theory 2 ­except that to extend the south­erly distance flown by approximately 200km, fly at cruise altitude until engines flame out because of fuel exhaustion then glide at an ­approximate glide ratio of 16:1, with limited hydraulic and electrical power from the now ­extended Ram Air Turbine and carry out a water impact with no flaps at about 300km/h. This would not be survivable but if suicide was the intent, it would not matter.
View Quote

We can't find plane because it might embarrass Malaysia with "Muslim Pilot Syndrome" results.

When it comes to MH370, the ATSB appears to have been similarly rather hasty in going with its unresponsive pilot scenario, perhaps to avoid embarrassing the Malaysian government, which is keen to douse the rogue pilot ­theory.
View Quote

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/search-bosses-in-a-bit-of-a-pickle-as-mh370-mystery-deepens/news-story/
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Jesus fucking Christ.

They're looking in the place with the highest probability. That probability is not 1.0. It's not a surprise that searching a region the size of the southeastern US from several miles away on the surface won't necessarily find anything.

Currents move things. Looking for airplanes on the island where shit washed up makes as much sense as the rest of these dumb theories.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Talked to a random drunk white trash piece of shit at the local pub tonight.  He said they're within 90 days of finding the main wreckage.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Talked to a random drunk white trash piece of shit at the local pub tonight.  He said they're within 90 days of finding the main wreckage.

View Quote

Was he Australian?  

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Was he Australian?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was he Australian?  

Nah mate.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Nah mate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was he Australian?  

Nah mate.

Then he might be right.  

90 days will be around New Years, anyone want to start a pool?

I think it will be found before Thanksgiving, but after election day, because that would make the best conspiracy theories.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought that the search was over.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Still the dragon may win yet
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#46]
More pieces confirmed to be from MH370.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/asia/mh370-mauritius-debris-confirmed/index.html

<cite class="el-editorial-source">(CNN)</cite>A
fragment of plane wing discovered in Mauritius in May has been
confirmed as coming from missing plane Malaysia Airlines MH370,
Australia's Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) said in a statement on
Friday.
It is the third piece of debris to be definitively linked to MH370, Australia's transport minister Darren Chester said Friday.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Looking for airplanes on the island where shit washed up makes as much sense as the rest of these dumb theories.
View Quote

Yeah, we are just going to ignore your 'scientific' advice. We all know that accident reconstruction teams never look for debris to discover the origin of the loss.

Hey kids, drop those pieces of MH370, ARDestructo says they are unimportant.

Go back to looking in an area the plane never was because we don't want to embarrass the Malaysian government.

Don't look at this actual piece of MH370, its not important and can't help us at all.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, we are just going to ignore your 'scientific' advice. We all know that accident reconstruction teams never look for debris to discover the origin of the loss.

Go back to looking in an area the plane never was because we don't want to embarrass the Malaysian government.

http://cdn.travelpulse.com/images/99999999-9999-9999-9999-999999999999/3752a7d4-9e8c-e611-9aa9-0050568e420d/630x355.jpg

Don't look at this actual piece of MH370, its not important and can't help us at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking for airplanes on the island where shit washed up makes as much sense as the rest of these dumb theories.

http://cdn.travelpulse.com/images/99999999-9999-9999-9999-999999999999/3752a7d4-9e8c-e611-9aa9-0050568e420d/630x355.jpg

When an engine washes up in Africa you may have more of a point.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#50]

What if, instead of looking for the aircraft, they look for everything that ISN'T the aircraft, then subtract that from 1...

Page / 232
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top