Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Good snag by FBI, and everyone else involved.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
bump

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Did he use a glock? Boom!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good snag by FBI, or who ever was involved.

View Quote
amen to that.

News conference said they were watching him for 6 months.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
No glocks were harmed in this investigation.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Another terrorist created by the FBI. Undercover FBI agents probably begged and pleaded with him to make the attack.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#7]
So he never actually had a real solid plan and did not actually have real explosives or the materials to create a bomb.

I'm not trying to bash the FBI but I sometimes wonder if these cases where they provide inert explosives to guys who express a desire to cause harm aren't the FBI out trolling and they caught some retard with a big mouth and a little brain. Someone who otherwise never would have the smarts enough to actually pull something like this off.

Granted there are truly dangerous people out there but the ones who to me are really dangerous would not be running their mouth. Maybe they did catch the next Timothy McVeigh, I don't know or did they just roll up Ricky the Retard.

Just my thoughts when I see these cases. Again I'm not trying to FBI or LEO bash just thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So he never actually had a real solid plan and did not actually have real explosives or the materials to create a bomb.

I'm not trying to bash the FBI but I sometimes wonder if these cases where they provide inert explosives to guys who express a desire to cause harm aren't the FBI out trolling and they caught some retard with a big mouth and a little brain. Someone who otherwise never would have the smarts enough to actually pull something like this off.

Granted there are truly dangerous people out there but the ones who to me are really dangerous would not be running their mouth. Maybe they did catch the next Timothy McVeigh, I don't know or did they just roll up Ricky the Retard.

Just my thoughts when I see these cases. Again I'm not trying to FBI or LEO bash just thinking out loud.
View Quote
I agree with you 100%.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Another terrorist created by the FBI. Undercover FBI agents probably begged and pleaded with him to make the attack.
View Quote

My point exactly. Your post was just a little more succinct. Mine was long winded.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I agree with you 100%.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you 100%.

Yep and they go out and hold a big Press Conference and talk about how many lives they saved and how badly we need more of them in our lives to make us safer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep and they go out and hold a big Press Conference and talk about how many lives they saved and how badly we need more of them in our lives to make us safer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you 100%.

And how important it is to give up all our rights to privacy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you 100%.

And guns.  Don't forget, the EVIL GUNS!

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm sure all 30 of the people who use that airport are greatly relieved.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm sure all 30 of the people who use that airport feel much better.
View Quote

That's all 40 people you dummy.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#15]
As long as it wasn't KHUT (Hutchinson) we're ok.   You have to try their airport restaurant/buffet there.  It is worth the stop.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought that too. I lived in Wichita for 18 months and flew out of there once. It's even smaller than Tulsa Intl.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gotta justify the Patriot Act, DHS and their budget somehow.  Can't let the GWOT simmer too low or folks will want their money back.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#18]
The guy is an avionics tech and was going to set off the device by hand?

Sure, that all fits.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#19]
FBI plucks more low hanging fruit for victory

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Orgy of evidence!

What kind of moran takes photos of the entrances to the facility he works, in order to facilitate planning?  This is movie BS.

Kudos to the FBI but I'm gonna say this perpetrator is too stupid to assemble a bomb.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  Good snag by FBI, and everyone else involved.
View Quote

Not sure if serious....  Kudos to the FBI for setting up a non-Arab for once, so you wouldn't catch on that this is yet another classic FBI entrapment scheme.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I thought that too. I lived in Wichita for 18 months and flew out of there once. It's even smaller than Tulsa Intl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It does seem like a waste of time.

I don't think you'd need much more than Mentos and Coke to take care of ICT.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#23]
What a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure a lot of the servicemembers that fly in and out of ICT are relieved, yes.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

No a toyota, ban them for the children
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Welcome to security theater ladies and gentlemen, enjoy the show! KWCH in Wichita showed a picture of the guy, white dude and he didn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed. Seems like a typical FBI devised "terrorist plot."
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#27]
http://www.kctv5.com/story/24216016/fbi-man-plotted-suicide-bombing-at-wichita-airport

Here's the Terry-rist  

U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom announced Friday the arrest of Terry Loewen.
He said the 58-year-old man planned to kill himself in the car bombing
as part of a "violent jihad against the United States."

============================================================

Loewen allegedly left his sister a letter dated Dec. 11, according to court records.

"By the time you read this, I will -- if everything went as planned
-- have been martyred in the path of Allah," he wrote. "There will have
been an event at the airport, which I am responsible for. The operation
was time to cause maximum carnage and death."

He said the "only explanation" was he believes in jihad "for the sake of Allah and the sake of my Muslim brothers and sisters."

He said he knew his name would be notorious.

"I expect to be called a terrorist (which I am), a psychopath and a homicidal maniac,' he wrote.

View Quote

DURKA DURKA JIHAD !!!11!!1

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Funny how that keeps happening.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dont forget these guys.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/27/hutaree-militia-members-conspiracy-charges-dropped_n_1383390.html
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm sure a lot of the servicemembers that fly in and out of ICT are relieved, yes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am unconcerned about your outrage.  The joke stands.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're concerned at your lack of caring for people that might have been hurt had this plan succeeded, which includes a little more than 30 people.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not really, they were the ones who set it up. They want to make it sound like there was a threat, but there never was, and probably never would have been a problem if the FBI didn't get involved. They always wait till the last minute, to make it look close. Never understood this, but whatever makes the sheep feel safe. Enjoy the news laws that come out of this dog and pony show.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Building a new terminal here. Next year might be 60 people.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not really, they were the ones who set it up. They want to make it sound like there was a threat, but there never was, and probably never would have been a problem if the FBI didn't get involved. They always wait till the last minute, to make it look close. Never understood this, but whatever makes the sheep feel safe. Enjoy the news laws that come out of this dog and pony show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I forgot the smiley.

I'll adjust myself.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Congrats to the FBI for finding a crazy non-Muslim dumbass to nudge into a plot.  Surely he would've done something on his own without intervention.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet promotions for the guy in charge maybe?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Christian right is the big threat.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Congrats to the FBI for finding a crazy non-Muslim dumbass to nudge into a plot.  Surely he would've done something on his own without intervention.
View Quote

At one point they say he has no religious affiliation. Then turn around and reveal he was on a "gee hod"...

So which is it, Mr. Gman???
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Guy I work with told me that his daughter works with alleged dork-jihadist.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

These cases are the absolute best bang for bucks in terms of time, resources, and effectiveness.

These people could not do something mass destructive without help. I prefer that help to come from the FBI, not some actual bad guy.

Remember someone willing to kill themselves just to murder innocent people is potentially only a bad break up, pink slip, or drug binge away from shooting up a school or government building <----something that doesn't help us very much. They like the sex appeal that comes along with being the next "terrorist"

I'm not saying death penalty, but loony bin or prison is fine for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#42]
To summarize: a loser with no real connections to terrorists finds a "friend" on the internet that happens to be an FBI agent provocateur.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm suspect of most stories like this. This one seems fishy
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love they state he "helped acquire" bomb making materials.

[FBI guy] Hey, go to Home Depot and get some electrical tape and a box of nails. [/FBI guy]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

These cases are the absolute best bang for bucks in terms of time, resources, and effectiveness.

These people could not do something mass destructive without help. I prefer that help to come from the FBI, not some actual bad guy.

Remember someone willing to kill themselves just to murder innocent people is potentially only a bad break up, pink slip, or drug binge away from shooting up a school or government building <----something that doesn't help us very much. They like the sex appeal that comes along with being the next "terrorist"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they're not.  They're purely to justify the FBI's budget, snooping through our emails, and the Patriot Act.  There is no domestic threat to America outside of the FBI.  They find people running their mouth on the interwebs - like right here on ARFCOM - and schmooze them, and then set them up.  And the FBI does this REPEATEDLY - more often than BATFE sells guns to Mexican drug lords.  This is repeated entrapment, and if you keep parroting this bullshit, you're shilling for them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn. I was just there last Wed and Friday.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I joke about how small ICT is all the time, but to be fair they do move quite a few people through there.

Couldn't tell you how many times I've seen college teams, school bands and such arriving/departing when I've flown from Mid-Continent. I'm sure some whack-job would just love to go down as the guy who took out a group like that.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We're concerned at your lack of caring for people that might have been hurt had this plan succeeded, which includes a little more than 30 people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean, "we"?  You got a outraged mouse in your pocket?  You're the only one I see getting butt-hurt.

I remain unconcerned.   Lighten up Francis, it's just GD.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I read the story from the link on Drudge. I love how they explicitly point out he was white.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No, they're not.  They're purely to justify the FBI's budget, snooping through our emails, and the Patriot Act.  There is no domestic threat to America outside of the FBI.  They find people running their mouth on the interwebs - like right here on ARFCOM - and schmooze them, and then set them up.  And the FBI does this REPEATEDLY - more often than BATFE sells guns to Mexican drug lords.  This is repeated entrapment, and if you keep parroting this bullshit, you're shilling for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please define shilling for me.

And yes they are the most cost effective, as well as infringing on as few rights as possible. I'm sorry that I support rolling up people who want to murder American civilians.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top