Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/26/2013 4:16:13 AM EDT
The infamous mall ninja, we've all seen em, people that buy the latest stuff off of amazon, eBay, what have you and build this monster of a rifle that looks like a plasma gun, throw some krylon on it and call it devgru.  

A recent post (it got moved) got me thinking, the younger generation is very impressionable, and with video games, like call of duty, battlefield, etc. and movies like zero dark 30, act of valor etc, they're getting the wrong idea when it comes to firearm safety and functional equipment.  They think they can dress up like a seal, go plink milk jugs on the weekends and be "prepared for the zombie apocalypse" or whatever the current fad is. There's no re-spawn in this big game called life.

My point guys is that it's dangerous, these kids nowadays are going to get themselves seriously hurt because they were shooting with their friends and running "tactics". I may be over reacting here a bit, but I think gun safety needs to be the one and only priority for these kids.

I guess if its not that it's the fact that the media targets mall ninjas as " gun owners of America" because they're "tactical and have evil black guns" and doesn't pay attention to the average joe so that kind of ticks me off. Anyways, I'm done venting
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#1]
In before the move!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:20:59 AM EDT
[#2]
We're doomed, we're all doomed. Those damn kids !!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:22:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The infamous mall ninja, we've all seen em, people that buy the latest stuff off of amazon, eBay, what have you and build this monster of a rifle that looks like a plasma gun, throw some krylon on it and call it devgru.  

A recent post (it got moved) got me thinking, the younger generation is very impressionable, and with video games, like call of duty, battlefield, etc. and movies like zero dark 30, act of valor etc, they're getting the wrong idea when it comes to firearm safety and functional equipment.  They think they can dress up like a seal, go plink milk jugs on the weekends and be "prepared for the zombie apocalypse" or whatever the current fad is. There's no re-spawn in this big game called life.

My point guys is that it's dangerous, these kids nowadays are going to get themselves seriously hurt because they were shooting with their friends and running "tactics". I may be over reacting here a bit, but I think gun safety needs to be the one and only priority for these kids.

I guess if its not that it's the fact that the media targets mall ninjas as " gun owners of America" because they're "tactical and have evil black guns" and doesn't pay attention to the average joe so that kind of ticks me off. Anyways, I'm done venting
View Quote
How many accounts you have here?

Mr. Familiar

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#4]
IBTM.  This has been an exciting morning.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:27:09 AM EDT
[#5]
In before GD!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:30:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Simple, people if you think this post is stupid or ridiculous ignore it and guess what, it will disappear to the end of the line.

But by posting you keep it on top.

No need to make comments, just ignore it and it does go away.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:33:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Simple, people if you think this post is stupid or ridiculous ignore it and guess what, it will disappear to the end of the line.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:36:00 AM EDT
[#8]
IN!  but they do have to get exposed to firearms somehow, and some of them may actually survive their ignorance and become solid, well-trained, supporters of the second amendment one day.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:47:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh, when TSHTF and they get smoked I can pick through their gear.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:53:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:06:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh well, I guess we have to go back to the days when the youth of America despise guns and grow up to push more anti legislation on us while crime skyrockets... Bummer.

-Deke
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:09:24 AM EDT
[#12]
IBTM. Also, I can't believe I am the first to say it, but....13'r.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:12:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meh, when TSHTF and they get smoked I can pick through their gear.
View Quote

Their gear won't be worth a crap because they're all cheap and buy chinese junk from amazon and their ARs & AKs will be junk hobby guns.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#14]
  13 for life
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mr. Familiar

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mr. Familiar

This is my guess
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#16]
If you arent willing to take multiple rounds to a plate taped to your back, to provide cover for your partner...

you just aint hard enough.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This is my guess
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mr. Familiar

This is my guess
See my link in the post above... Connecting the dots tells a story.

lol, he's an amateur troll...

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Geezus,

how many accounts do you have?

Your penance is to research max hardcore, and employ ALL your accounts on a random bombing run in DanTSX's honor/shame whatever.  Just do it!

Arf will talk about you forever!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I bet NorCal will be interested in this one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:32:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you arent willing to take multiple rounds to a plate taped to your back, to provide cover for your partner...

View Quote

Hahahahahaha. Just make sure you save the mayors kid from anal rape, and youre golden.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#22]
MacDuchess from MO is also Dustinml14 from KS....and I'm sure a few others
ETA: and yes pretty sure he is also BigDaddy57bluesman
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#23]

How does it look for BigDaddy57bluesman

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

MacDuchess from MO is also Dustinml14 from KS....and I'm sure a few others
View Quote
Yeah Im wondering if he is also bigdaddy57bluesman as well..or some connection, he seems to have taken over now...

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:40:43 AM EDT
[#26]
hello friends,

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:42:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gecko?  Is that you?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:42:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You actually have no idea what a mall ninja is. Please find out and then come post.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You actually have no idea what a mall ninja is. Please find out and then come post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess if its not that it's the fact that the media targets mall ninjas as " gun owners Mall of America" because they're "tactical and have evil black guns" and doesn't pay attention to the average joe so that kind of ticks me off. Anyways, I'm done venting

lol

I fixed it

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:45:48 AM EDT
[#30]

lol. Teenage mall ninja ragging on mall ninjas. That right there is quality entertainment.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Does this troll account have an 11x op 40 contract also?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

View Quote

Damn, if that's "Plan A", then I'd hate to see "Plan B".  

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#33]
FINALLY A THREAD FOR ME
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Video games has brought more new shooters into the fold than any other one cultural influence.  It's a major driving force behind the current generation becoming gun enthusiasts, one you should be thankful exists instead of decrying it.

Old gun guys can be the most short-sighted and narrow-minded people on the planet...
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:57:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn i was so busy monitoring the other thread I missed this one
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
FINALLY A THREAD FOR ME
View Quote

Wecome!  
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:58:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too bad the OP has been banned
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:02:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
hello friends,

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Thanks!

View Quote

What in the fuck did I just read.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
hello friends,

Thanks!

View Quote

Jean jackets stop 338 lapua rounds.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hello friends,

Thanks!

Only but a taste of the glory that was the internet in the early days of the Web (and probably before that, for the hardcore computer geeks here).
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Aimless don't ban this guy yet
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#42]
I own some of those games. I own gear and guns. I run tactics. Am I the mall ninja?

Any thoughts on the Bar-sto barrels for my Glocks?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Only but a taste of the glory that was the internet in the early days of the Web (and probably before that, for the hardcore computer geeks here).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
hello friends,

Thanks!

MOOOOOOOORTAL KOOOOMMMMBATTT!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#44]
In!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, seriously, go away. You are no one here's father.

Your sanctimonious shit is getting old quick.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
Bump

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#48]
My friends and I used to shoot fireworks at each other.   Let natural selection take those to deserve it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#49]
In on this.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#50]
I am confused...who exactly is professional enough...for what and where?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top