Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The advertising irony is too good to pass up:

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy297/OCBOA/EasternSports_zpsce258dab.png

Fucking hypocrites.

Why are they hypocrites?

Reading is really hard sometimes!  

Because the original post really explained it so well huh? They are hypocrites because of the advertising that google puts on the site? You guys do realize that Google ads are based on what you search for and what your interests are right?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The AR community sure gets places blacklisted fast. Hopefully Bass Pro pulls out aswell and shuts it down.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Will Jim Zumbo boycott as well?  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I am pleased to hear how this working out.
WE all win or WE all lose in this game.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone have a list of sponsors remaining that we can put a little pressure on?

Dicks?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a beautiful thing
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
From reading there facebook page, sounds like Lee and Tiffany Lakosky are about to boycott it also.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#9]
The show doesn't start until Feb 2.  Still lots of time for people to let the planned exhibitors know how they feel and for more exhibitors to pull out.  I think it would be funny if the only people showing there turned out to be Dicks in a building where the only people coming in were news media there to do stories on how empty the place is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It would be funny if they had no vendors to show up wouldn't it

Don't shit where you eat is what I was always told.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
From reading there facebook page, sounds like Lee and Tiffany Lakosky are about to boycott it also.

I heard they had already pulled out of it. Not sure how much truth to it but that is what I heard.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Hit their Facebook page and remind them we WILL be noting which vendors actually go to the show, and we WILL be outing them as ANTI's, and boycotting!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone was whining about how they are a small business who had spent 4K already, and NEEDED the exposure. Then there are tons of small business', mostly guides I guessing, who still haven't pulled out.

It needs to be explained to them that they money they lose from being boycotted will be far greater than the money they make from standing up for rights.

It's also been suggested that they sue for the change of rules on such short notice, to get their money back.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome.  

I sent an email to Cabelas thanking them for backing out and reaffirmed my support for Cabelas.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally something cohesive in the sportsman's world I can be happy about. That list is impressive and getting more so.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I love cabelas
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#17]
The real test will be if the KettleKorn people pull out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#18]
El tards
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Bass Pro's fackbook page need hammered- https://www.facebook.com/bassproshops?ref=ts&fref=ts  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#20]
whitetailkillers

They have stated they are not pulling out.
Bring the rain afrcom.

In response to the recent turmoil surrounding the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show I have a few thoughts.

Reed Exhibitors has chosen to ban certain weapons and accessories from the E.S.O.S. this year due to recent events. This is clearly an infringement on our Second Amendment rights. I’m not sure why a British company would think that Americans would support this kind of decision any more now then in the 1700s. It didn’t work out well for them last time, and judging by the backlash and major exhibitors pulling out, Americans haven’t changed all that much in the last two hundred years. I would love to boycott this show, and recommend that every other American due the same, but I see a problem.

Many, if not most, of the exhibitors at this show are small American companies. Companies that rely on revenue generated at a consumer show this size to make their year. These are companies that not only employ Americans directly, but also employ Americans in all kinds of other fields. Machine shops make the parts for the products we buy at this show; printers, trucking companies, and advertising agencies could all feel the repercussions if these companies don’t survive. If these companies don’t grow they won’t need new construction, or accountants. The lawyers will get some bankruptcy work, but all the new document work dries up. Boycotting the show would affect Americans from all walks of life. We will do more to hurt America if we boycott than to help.
I see that many of our television celebrities have already pulled out of the show in support of the Second Amendment, but won’t that hurt many of their sponsors? And I respect the positions of the superstores that have pulled out, but by boycotting the show I expect that their catalogs will be thinner next year. Most of my favorite hunting products are made by small American businesses; I like having those choices, and I try to support those companies.

I think Reed Exhibitors has put us in an uncomfortable situation, but boycotting the E.S.O.S. this year isn’t the answer. I suggest we should all attend, and show our support for the Second Amendment by exercising our First Amendment. Let Reed Exhibitors know how disgusted you are. Tell them we won’t stand for this, and we won’t ever do business with them again. Give these retailers a year to find another way to make their money, rather pulling the rug out from under them after they already invested in retail space at this show.

If you agree, please repost this. We only have two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I made the first response to that, trying to get them to see through their wallet....

Quoted:
whitetailkillers

Bring the rain afrcom.

In response to the recent turmoil surrounding the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show I have a few thoughts.

Reed Exhibitors has chosen to ban certain weapons and accessories from the E.S.O.S. this year due to recent events. This is clearly an infringement on our Second Amendment rights. I’m not sure why a British company would think that Americans would support this kind of decision any more now then in the 1700s. It didn’t work out well for them last time, and judging by the backlash and major exhibitors pulling out, Americans haven’t changed all that much in the last two hundred years. I would love to boycott this show, and recommend that every other American due the same, but I see a problem.

Many, if not most, of the exhibitors at this show are small American companies. Companies that rely on revenue generated at a consumer show this size to make their year. These are companies that not only employ Americans directly, but also employ Americans in all kinds of other fields. Machine shops make the parts for the products we buy at this show; printers, trucking companies, and advertising agencies could all feel the repercussions if these companies don’t survive. If these companies don’t grow they won’t need new construction, or accountants. The lawyers will get some bankruptcy work, but all the new document work dries up. Boycotting the show would affect Americans from all walks of life. We will do more to hurt America if we boycott than to help.
I see that many of our television celebrities have already pulled out of the show in support of the Second Amendment, but won’t that hurt many of their sponsors? And I respect the positions of the superstores that have pulled out, but by boycotting the show I expect that their catalogs will be thinner next year. Most of my favorite hunting products are made by small American businesses; I like having those choices, and I try to support those companies.

I think Reed Exhibitors has put us in an uncomfortable situation, but boycotting the E.S.O.S. this year isn’t the answer. I suggest we should all attend, and show our support for the Second Amendment by exercising our First Amendment. Let Reed Exhibitors know how disgusted you are. Tell them we won’t stand for this, and we won’t ever do business with them again. Give these retailers a year to find another way to make their money, rather pulling the rug out from under them after they already invested in retail space at this show.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I refuse to go now
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#24]
It is great to show your support by sending these guys an email but the real way to show your support is to spend some money with them. I'm sure they had a good amount already invested into the show so giving them a little business could really help then out now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Me and a couple friends go down every year. Now we will no longer attend.. The British are still trying to tell us how to run our country.   We can go to Cabella's  and  maybe Bass Pro if they decide to boycott.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Wow.  I used to work on technology trade shows.  50 vendors pulling out is a lot of vendors and a lot of revenue.  i don't know how many other markets they do but this is going hurt.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I made the first response to that, trying to get them to see through their wallet....

Quoted:
whitetailkillers

Bring the rain afrcom.

Frankly, I agree with him. I LOVE to see the support for our cause, but these mom and pop places can't lose thousands and thousands of dollars already invested or worse, everything due to their one shot at such exposure in the hopes someone notices and throws them a couple bucks for their principled stand. I know there's a zero tolerance stand that has to be taken in the subject, but I really hate to see us eat our own with such amused fervor, like we tend to do a few times a year. I think we'd be better served to approach with a teaching heart at first, then stomp mud holes when all other means fail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#28]
holy shit---thats way more than I expected
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Outdoor Channel - https://www.facebook.com/OutdoorChannel?fref=ts
Comcast - https://www.facebook.com/xfinity
Progressive - https://www.facebook.com/progressive

These are the other sponsors and their Facebooks. Get out it and let them know they need pull out or start losing customers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Time to put the pressure on Bass Pro and the Outdoor Channel.

In past years, the NRA has sent representatives and supported the show. It looks like they've put that on hold this year and are waiting for a response from the fuckheads that run the expo:

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/news-from-nra-ila/2013/nra-statement-in-response-to-reed-exhibitions-decision-to-ban-modern-sporting-rifles-from-the-eastern-sports-outdoor-show.aspx

The NRA's future participation in the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show will be determined by Reed Exhibitions actions in response to the concerns raised by the NRA, the outdoor industry, and America's law-abiding gun owners.

Contact Reed Exhibitions directly at [email protected]
Reed Exhibitions
383 Main Avenue
Norwalk CT 06851
Tel: 203 840 4800
Fax: 203 840 5805
Email: [email protected]

Pound Reed, too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Cabela's has already pulled out....

Quoted:
Time to put the pressure on Cabela's and the Outdoor Channel.

In past years, the NRA has sent representatives and supported the show. It looks like they've put that on hold this year and are waiting for a response from the fuckheads that run the expo:

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/news-from-nra-ila/2013/nra-statement-in-response-to-reed-exhibitions-decision-to-ban-modern-sporting-rifles-from-the-eastern-sports-outdoor-show.aspx

The NRA's future participation in the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show will be determined by Reed Exhibitions actions in response to the concerns raised by the NRA, the outdoor industry, and America's law-abiding gun owners.

Contact Reed Exhibitions directly at [email protected]
Reed Exhibitions
383 Main Avenue
Norwalk CT 06851
Tel: 203 840 4800
Fax: 203 840 5805
Email: [email protected]

Pound Reed, too.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Guys, what these companies need to realize is that we didn't choose this fight, nor did they. It sucks, but the fight is here. The choice now is which side you want to be on - do you want to be on the side with your customers, or on the side with the people who want to take away your customers' rights?

The National Shooting Sports Foundation also posted that they're still attending and urge others to do the same:

NSSF Statement on Reed Exhibitions' Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

The National Shooting Sports Foundation strongly disagrees with the decision of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show's management to disallow the display and sale of Modern Sporting Rifles at its 2013 exhibition. In our discussions with Reed Exhibitions, we have made this very clear.
While assuring us that all legally available firearms will be welcome at future Eastern Sports and Outdoor Shows, it was explained that this unfortunate decision was made in response to the planned actions of a single retailer that would have drawn significant unwelcomed media coverage at a time when firearms ownership is being assailed in the media. It is important to note that this year's show will continue to feature a wide variety of firearms.
However, it would be unfair to penalize the 1,200 exhibitors or the some 200,000 sportsmen and women who will attend the show by discouraging participation at a time when the hunting and shooting sports community needs to be united in the face of political challenges.
We urge industry exhibitors and attendees to participate in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show as planned and encourage attendees to visit the Reed Exhibitions booth at the show to share their concerns and to then enjoy the show.

-------------

I find the "actions of a single retailer" line to be interesting. So someone planned some kind of stunt, maybe an AR giveaway or something, that got Reed's panties in a knot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

These are the other sponsors and their Facebooks. Get out it and let them know they need pull out or start losing customers.

Progressive is very liberal. They probably LOVE that there will be no ARs there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck 'em! Dirty gun haters

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Progressive is very liberal. They probably LOVE that there will be no ARs there.

This. Peter Lewis, Progressive's Chairman of the Board, is a huge libtard douchebag. A major Democratic party donor and 0bama loving cock gobbler.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bass Pro's fackbook page need hammered- https://www.facebook.com/bassproshops?ref=ts&fref=ts  

Done.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#37]
The next thing that needs to happen is that the rest of the current exhibitors who have paid for space need to get a lawyer.  I am sure none of the exhibitors agreed to give Reed the right to take political stands contrary to putting as many people as possible into the show.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#38]

However, it would be unfair to penalize the 1,200 exhibitors or the some 200,000 sportsmen and women who will attend the show by discouraging participation at a time when the hunting and shooting sports community needs to be united in the face of political challenges.

We urge industry exhibitors and attendees to participate in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show as planned and encourage attendees to visit the Reed Exhibitions booth at the show to share their concerns and to then enjoy the show.

There will not be 200,000 attendees.  Everyone I know who was going to go is staying home.

Fuck NSSF!

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#39]
My feedback to the NSSF.

"You need to remove the "protect" and "preserve" from your logo.  You are  failing to protect and preserve our God given rights.   Even more abominable is your affront to those who will stand up for our rights."  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There will not be 200,000 attendees.  Everyone I know who was going to go is staying home.

Fuck NSSF!

What a bullshit statement. It is hard to be united when you have a bullshit company that runs an outdoors show caving to the liberal fucks that want to enact illegal bans. It is you are either with us or not. If you're not then fuck off.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#41]
We have to send a strong message and do it NOW!!!

We have to hit them so hard that no other company putting on a show will even think twice about doing something like this ever again.

Someone needs to organize another venue close by during the same dates and let all the vendors go there.

This is a perfect opportunity for someone to get into the business.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#42]
show web page

under "visitor's/search exhibitors" you can find all the companies that will attend...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

whitetailkillers

Reed Exhibitors has chosen to ban certain weapons and accessories from the E.S.O.S. this year due to recent events. This is clearly an infringement on our Second Amendment rights. I’m not sure why a British company would think that Americans would support this kind of decision any more now then in the 1700s. It didn’t work out well for them last time, and judging by the backlash and major exhibitors pulling out, Americans haven’t changed all that much in the last two hundred years. I would love to boycott this show, and recommend that every other American due the same, but I see a problem. I do too- The problem is you. Knowing Americans wont tolerate this bullshit- then aligning yourself financially and politically with those traitors is a crime against RKBA.

Negotiate with terrorists if you want- But they wont accept your half hearted support and neither will the true RKBA supporters. Traitor. You might as well come to my door yourself and take my guys, as you are not only giving them a pass on it, you are supporting them. How many times do you let your mate cheat? You get no sympathy, pass or safe passage here.

Quoted:

Frankly,
I agree with him. I LOVE to see the support for our cause, but these
mom and pop places can't lose thousands and thousands of dollars already
invested or worse, everything due to their one shot at such exposure in
the hopes someone notices and throws them a couple bucks for their
principled stand. I know there's a zero tolerance stand that has to be
taken in the subject, but I really hate to see us eat our own with such
amused fervor, like we tend to do a few times a year. I think we'd be
better served to approach with a teaching heart at first, then stomp mud
holes when all other means fail.

Frankly- you are wrong. Like the framers when they met to draft the documents these traitors are trying to destroy, a lot of other businesses have put it all out there on the line. You are either with us or against us. You claim you know a zero zumbo tolerance has to be taken- how can you suggest supporting it no matter what? Its NOT eating our own, its you - and him, negotiating with terrorists.

By the time you are ready to stomp anything it will be way too late. You and him will be hung. Together. As they melt your swords into plows.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That will leave a mark on the bottom line

That's a nice little list, but there are literally hundreds of companies at that show.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Who was the 1 retailer they were trying to please by doing this?

That is what I want to know!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Knee jerk reaction.
They are based in CT.
All you need to know.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
whitetailkillers

Bring the rain afrcom.

Frankly, I agree with him. I LOVE to see the support for our cause, but these mom and pop places can't lose thousands and thousands of dollars already invested or worse, everything due to their one shot at such exposure in the hopes someone notices and throws them a couple bucks for their principled stand. I know there's a zero tolerance stand that has to be taken in the subject, but I really hate to see us eat our own with such amused fervor, like we tend to do a few times a year. I think we'd be better served to approach with a teaching heart at first, then stomp mud holes when all other means fail.

I believe both exhibitors and potential attendees should both boycott this venue. Small mom-and-pop shops who use this expo as "their one shot" at advertising have already made a serious error in their investment strategy. As to how much of a refund they can get back, that is uncertain. One thing IS certain, though, and that is that gun owners tend to have significantly more disposable income than the public at large. Publicizing a principle'd stand against hoplophobic foreign firms will earn them far more revenue than they would ever experience as a result of being at this show.

I don't have a dog in this particular fight. But I do know that whenever their is a targeted attempt to demonize a segment of the law-abiding gun owning population, I take that as a personal affront to me and an attack on my personal freedom. We cannot and should not be anything but determined and united in monetarily pulverizing these idiotic, back-door attempts at gun control. Encouraging companies to pull out of this venue, thanking those that do, and discouraging attendance is PRECISELY the correct approach. When companies who are in business to make money realize their lib-tard stand will bankrupt their firm, they either wise up or go broke. Either way, WE WIN.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#48]
FUArock says:
January 20, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Does this mean Ann-Margret not coming?

This made my day
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow. The FUDDS are outing themselves. No sir, it's time to tell the Brits and the anti gunners no . . . . No negotiation . . . . No compromise . . . . . You are either with us or against us . . . There is no middle ground, no negotiation . . . And you sir, have just sided with the enemy and that makes you the enemy. You show up at the show And you are another zumbo. Pretty words won't make us forget. Petty explanations will not wash away this sin.

My comments
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good. Fuck 'em.

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top