Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/3/2013 4:58:48 PM EDT
I have seen two Brady Campaign (supposedly) posters being circulated on FB and Arf.

Now, I like to establish fact before I go spreading things all over the internet. I have googled it and this is the most relevant result I've found:

However, when I try to view the link, it's not available.

Now, if these posters are indeed fakes... PLEASE stop fucking posting them. It's just going to make us look like assholes, and the last thing we need is to look like assholes. Fuck the Brady campaign. WE are 'better than this'.

The posters in question

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#1]
99.99% sure they're fake.  They do ring true, though.  The assholes are the brady campaign and its supporters in their war on women.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
4chan explains it all
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
They're pretty funny! But I don't think they're the best things to represent the firearm community either.. It's the internet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have seen two Brady Campaign (supposedly) posters being circulated on FB and Arf.

Now, I like to establish fact before I go spreading things all over the internet. I have googled it and this is the most relevant result I've found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bearded_lady/assorted/fakes_zpsca5f22f7.jpg

Now, if these posters are indeed fakes... PLEASE stop fucking posting them. It's just going to make us look like assholes, and the last thing we need is to look like assholes. Fuck the Brady campaign. WE are 'better than this'.

The posters in question
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/317912_440565032679794_1472103503_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/304532_4984087690954_680967077_n.jpg

You obviously dont get it...

This perfectly exposes the true intentions of the Bradys and their ilk. Plus it uses a page right out of their play book. Taking the high ground lost us multiple elections, got two scumbags on the supreme court, a bankrupt nation, and a soon to be implemented AWB.  It's way past time to fight fire with fire.

Or, take the moral high ground as your right disappear and you are stuffed into a cattle car.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Satire isn't supposed to soothe its audience.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This perfectly exposes the true intentions of the Bradys and their ilk. Plus it uses a page right out of their play book. Taking the high ground lost us multiple elections, got two scumbags on the supreme court, a bankrupt nation, and a soon to be implemented AWB.  It's way past time to fight fire with fire.

Or, take the moral high ground as your right disappear and you are stuffed into a cattle car.

That too.  Fuck the Brady's.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
99.99% sure they're fake.  They do ring true, though.  The assholes are the brady campaign and its supporters in their war on women.

This.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
They came from 4chan /k/  

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Ha! I knew it! But they are fake on a good way, so I guess it's ok. The Brady message is that, so even if it's fake, It's almost real.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bearded_lady/assorted/fakes_zpsca5f22f7.jpg

The posters in question
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/317912_440565032679794_1472103503_n.jpg

you really like using the term 'high ground.'

My parents raised me to refrain from being a dick. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]
The Brady Camp claims they are "offensive."  I would like to hear their explanation as to why.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I love it.  This is pure Alinsky, turned around and used on them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly true. First quote on the brady page about the fake ads is the following:

John Kennett: Its never ok to kill even in defending your life or those you love. What makes you think you are more deserving. The Brady campaign has shown great courage with their new ad campaign. Rape certainly does NOT rise to the same level as murder.
· 2 hours ago via mobile

Edit: Nvm I got trolled y0.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I guess you're not "better than" using an implied personal attack. .

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I have 326 shares so far
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Did your parents raise you to believe that “the above methods [vomiting, telling the attacker(s) that you have a sexually transmitted disease, etc.] are particularly important if your assailant has a gun or knife, or there is more than one attacker. (Fighting would probably be futile.)"?

Fuck the Brady's and their war on women.  They're the dicks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had nothing to do with you. Now you're trying to put words in my mouth.

Spreading lies is a dick move. The Brady Campaign did it to us and everyone was outraged. Why is it okay for our side to do it, too?
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did your parents raise you to believe that “the above methods [vomiting, telling the attacker(s) that you have a sexually transmitted disease, etc.] are particularly important if your assailant has a gun or knife, or there is more than one attacker. (Fighting would probably be futile.)"?

Fuck the Brady's and their war on women.  They're the dicks.

Never said they weren't dicks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Looks like the brady FB page is getting hammered, haha

I guess the posters worked even though people know they are fake.

Good.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spreading lies is a dick move. The Brady Campaign did it to us and everyone was outraged. Why is it okay for our side to do it, too?

Truth is the first casualty of war.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly true. First quote on the brady page about the fake ads is the following:

John Kennett: Its never ok to kill even in defending your life or those you love. What makes you think you are more deserving. The Brady campaign has shown great courage with their new ad campaign. Rape certainly does NOT rise to the same level as murder.
· 2 hours ago via mobile

Edit: Nvm I got trolled y0.

John Kennett is an idiot. You better believe it's OK to kill when defending my life or those I love. I AM more deserving of my life than some asshole trying to take it away from me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck em,    they dance in the blood of victims of violent criminals.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I honestly couldn't tell that they were fake .....
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Fake or not. From the look of their FB page, I'd say they served their purpose. It lit a fire under people, people are even pushing the issue in the comments away from it being about firearms. More about self preservation. Making the Brady Campaign fight a battle on another front now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I honestly couldn't tell that they were fake .....

I wondered, but thought there was a pretty good chance they were real.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fake or not. From the look of their FB page, I'd say they served their purpose. It lit a fire under people, people are even pushing the issue in the comments away from it being about firearms. More about self preservation. Making the Brady Campaign fight a battle on another front now.

At least something good came of it.

Someone tries to rape me, either way I'm fighting. I'd prefer it was with a gun and not my fingernails. They'd rather I shit myself.

Funny world we live in, huh?
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#30]
XCR, I understand your point.  

I have a feeling that a lot of the people are just so tired of the lies that folks like the brady campaign and the MSM spread that some feel it is time to take the gloves off and fight back using any means necessary.  At some point there is a line that gets crossed and the rules have to be thrown out the window.

I listened to a friend today talk about how he was just dog tired, and how it never seems to end.  Writing to reps, donating money to the various causes, and even if it dies down for a bit, it will only take one MSM story to fire it all up again.  I encouraged him to keep strong and moving forward, that the right path is never the easy path.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The posters in question

What are they gonna say?  "These are fake, women need firearms to protect themselves from rapists?".

The posters are probably fake, but the messages reflect their actual positions.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So did mine, but my government has been re-educating me on that matter.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#33]
http://politicaltrance.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/evidence-of-deception-with-sandy-hook-shooting/

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I have a feeling that a lot of the people are just so tired of the lies that folks like the brady campaign and the MSM spread that some feel it is time to take the gloves off and fight back using any means necessary.  At some point there is a line that gets crossed and the rules have to be thrown out the window.

I listened to a friend today talk about how he was just dog tired, and how it never seems to end.  Writing to reps, donating money to the various causes, and even if it dies down for a bit, it will only take one MSM story to fire it all up again.  I encouraged him to keep strong and moving forward, that the right path is never the easy path.

You know what we're pissed off at?

It's not the liberals.  They're just being liberals.

What we're pissed off at is the fact that the GOP concedes every fucking debate on every fucking issue.

The GOP is a bunch of fat old hens playing bridge while the goddamned capitol is set on fire.  They have no ideas, no will to fight, and no interest in serving their constituents or their country.

They're losers.

The posters this guy drew up are awesome because it's the first time in four fucking years that anyone on the left has even acknowledged that their position is contested.

EVERY DAY SHOULD BE LIKE THIS.  But they won't be until the GOP is destroyed and replaced with a truly conservative party.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What we're pissed off at is the fact that the GOP concedes every fucking debate on every fucking issue.

I like em

The GOP is a bunch of fat old hens playing bridge while the goddamned capitol is set on fire.  They have no ideas, no will to fight, and no interest in serving their constituents or their country.

They're losers.

The posters this guy drew up are awesome because it's the first time in four fucking years that anyone on the left has even acknowledged that their position is contested.

EVERY DAY SHOULD BE LIKE THIS.  But they won't be until the GOP is destroyed and replaced with a truly conservative party.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I chose to believe these are real.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Satire isn't supposed to soothe its audience.

Yes, that would be free shit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're losers.

I like this post.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#39]
The Brady Campaign got trolled, bad.

The comments in the provided link showed some VERY pissed off Liberals!
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Like the OP, when I do a search for them I'm not getting any results either. Is Brady somehow getting these pulled?
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Brady Campaign got trolled, bad.

The comments in the provided link showed some VERY pissed off Liberals!

Indeed they did. I saw this one and laughed uncontrollably for about 3 mins straight, I can't breathe and my eyes are tearing up.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#42]
LOL Brady campaign turned off comments on facebook now they where getting destroyed with common sense reply's.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#43]
These ads are simply the brady view without the sugar coating.

I have no problem with them being posted.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I fully support our side finally engaging in the propaganda war that the enemy has been waging for 20+ years.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Like the OP, when I do a search for them I'm not getting any results either. Is Brady somehow getting these pulled?

It's up on mine without comment still and I'm already getting bites.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I fully support our side finally engaging in the propaganda war that the enemy has been waging for 20+ years.

+1

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
RULE 12: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#48]
One explanation I read on /k/ said that the second poster was, in fact, posted by the Brady Campaign on their Facebook page and removed after they got shit thrown their way for it. Whatever that's worth.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Made my day. Fuck those assholes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Someone posted this in the comments section.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top