Site Notices
7/29/2014 4:02:36 PM
Author
Posted: 11/30/2012 7:50:08 PM
Just curious because about once a week I can detect a strong chemical smell in the neighborhood. Especially from the east. Which happens to be the same direction that a woman lives that has been in prison for drug dealing lives.

Smell sometimes reminds me of Acetone.

GD
chance52060
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 7:51:14 PM
ether
ammonia
body ordor.
Fuck man bama is handing out more citations than a cop at a minor party. I put the cat back and toweled off
Blackfire
The Skinwalker Guy
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 7:51:16 PM
Pabst Blue Ribbon and body odor,.
substandard
I Got Nothing
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 7:51:51 PM
[Last Edit: 11/30/2012 7:52:54 PM by substandard]
Starter fluid (ether)

Acetone

Anhydrous (ammonia)

Really bad body odor

ETA.......cracks me up that body odor is in every reply....
AR-10 is my arch enemy
"I'll agree that turtles have feelings if you agree there's a small chance that he enjoyed flying." Brownie55
joker1
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 7:54:08 PM
"What Does the Production of Meth Smell Like?
(Meth Labs or Clan Labs)
Acids: Sulfuric Acid(Drain Cleaner), Muriatic Acid (Pool Acid), Battery Acid, Hydrogen Chloride Gas
Solvents: Acetone, Ether (Starter Fluid), Toluene (Gun Cleaner)
Other: Cleaning Supplies, Anhydrous Ammonia (smells like cat urine), Fragrances (smells like Dryer Sheets), Iodine Crystals, Lithium Metal, Red Phosphorus
These chemicals can cause flu like symptoms, respiratory swelling / damage, heart racing, ears ringing, too name a few."

Sounds suspicious OP. It might be time for a phone call.
The above opinions are brought to you through a generous grant from SleeperShooter. (blame him!)
substandard
I Got Nothing
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 7:58:47 PM

Originally Posted By GANDYDANCER:
Just curious because about once a week I can detect a strong chemical smell in the neighborhood.

I have relation that does Drug Task Force work for the state. At the time he had moved and was trying to sell his old house. One day he went to check on the house for sale and noticed that there was the smell of ether in the air. So he goes 3 houses down to where a city police officer lives. The officer walks back with him to the house and he also smells the ether. They call it in and a patrol car comes out......

They find one of the neighbors down the block happily cooking meth. The truly stupid part was this neighbor knew, KNEW, that my relation had lived in the house and was LEO, plus the idiot knew that a cop also lived nearby...
AR-10 is my arch enemy
"I'll agree that turtles have feelings if you agree there's a small chance that he enjoyed flying." Brownie55
GANDYDANCER
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 8:01:55 PM
Originally Posted By joker1:
"What Does the Production of Meth Smell Like?
(Meth Labs or Clan Labs)
Acids: Sulfuric Acid(Drain Cleaner), Muriatic Acid (Pool Acid), Battery Acid, Hydrogen Chloride Gas
Solvents: Acetone, Ether (Starter Fluid), Toluene (Gun Cleaner)
Other: Cleaning Supplies, Anhydrous Ammonia (smells like cat urine), Fragrances (smells like Dryer Sheets), Iodine Crystals, Lithium Metal, Red Phosphorus
These chemicals can cause flu like symptoms, respiratory swelling / damage, heart racing, ears ringing, too name a few."

Sounds suspicious OP. It might be time for a phone call.

Damn. Some of the above for sure.
Like I said only occurs about once per week. When most neighbors have left for the day.

GD
jasoncopman
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:21:25 PM
I would call your local law enforcement drug unit, normally even a smaller department will have someone who specializes in that. Sounds like you got the real deal down the road. If you ever see the neighbor see if she has really bad teeth, meth eats your teeth out too. Normally meth users are very paranoid too, be careful. Look for a really trashy yard as well.
robplumm
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:22:45 PM
I assume the normal dog smells...

AA717driver
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:24:35 PM
Originally Posted By substandard:

Just curious because about once a week I can detect a strong chemical smell in the neighborhood.

I have relation that does Drug Task Force work for the state. At the time he had moved and was trying to sell his old house. One day he went to check on the house for sale and noticed that there was the smell of ether in the air. So he goes 3 houses down to where a city police officer lives. The officer walks back with him to the house and he also smells the ether. They call it in and a patrol car comes out......

They find one of the neighbors down the block happily cooking meth. The truly stupid part was this neighbor knew, KNEW, that my relation had lived in the house and was LEO, plus the idiot knew that a cop also lived nearby...

Yeah, wonder how someone like that ever got their Ph.d... I don't hold meth cooks to very high standards of situational awareness.

TC
I refuse to participate in a game that shares its name with a euphemism for non-consensual anal sex.
Chromekilla
Is that you John Wayne, Is this me?
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:26:05 PM
[Last Edit: 11/30/2012 9:26:55 PM by Chromekilla]
It smells like cat piss.

That man is a homo and a liar-TrojanMan
Hell, a Ford just breaks down on you. It doesn't fall apart AND try to kill you at the same time-Bloodsport2885
raven
Bitter Clinger
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:27:45 PM
Atlas Shrugged wasn't intended to be a how-to manual, Obama.
sbhaven
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:28:03 PM

hcook
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:28:25 PM
About 18 years ago I lived in an area that was rife with meth production. There was frequently a strong odor of chicken crap, but there were no chicken houses around for many miles. We always knew when they were cooking a batch because of the overwhelming stench.
drachek1
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:29:39 PM
Originally Posted By robplumm:
I assume the normal dog smells...

http://www.jumbojoke.com/images/meth-lab.jpg

Mine usually comes home smelling of pond water and dead animal
JVD
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:30:39 PM
Originally Posted By Blackfire:
Pabst Blue Ribbon and body odor,.

So I smell like a meth lab after work?
steve-oh
bestest member
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:32:46 PM
strong urea smell as well. If you're right next to the lab it could be so strong it's hard to open your eyes.
Read the nametag. You're in my world now grandma.
uxb
Annie Annie are you okay, are you okay Annie?
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:44:29 PM
Mountain Dew and Marlboro Lights
You should refurb one of those boats uxb was on when he got a lift with some guys who really weren't there to where he wasn't going from where he never was. - Kitties with Sigs
Winston_Wolf
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:47:14 PM

Smell sometimes reminds me of Acetone.

... freebasing (cocaine)
F the FSA
tc2k11
9mm, c̄/s̄ beans, FBO, see your doc
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:48:41 PM

Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:48:41 PM
Smells like boiled egg farts and sulfur.
FlyingGorilla
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:50:38 PM
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:
It smells like cat piss.

They busted a house down the block from my MIL because the cop drove by and smelled the cat urine odor.
Arfcom: I came for the tech, I stayed for GD

Proud member Team Ranstad
Fooboy
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:58:36 PM
Originally Posted By sbhaven:
http://media.salon.com/2012/07/1342145108.jpg

Gordan Freeman from Black Mesa?
SpankD
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 10:09:20 PM
smells like meth
pavlovwolf
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 10:11:09 PM
Originally Posted By LDAguy:
Smells like boiled egg farts and sulfur.

I have a guy beside me that's been arrested about 175 times dealing amongst other things. And really, I mean about 175 times, at least. He's my age 45, I went to school with him. He just got out of prison over the summer, his longest term , of about 6 months when he got caught with his GF shooting each other up in full view of her crotch fruit, including a 6 month old baby. Someone called the law, and the law showed up while they were doing it. They blamed each other, and started fighting until the cops broke it up. The cops found several different kinds of drugs, more prescriptions ( he went to jail for a month or two over writing prescriptions a few years ago ), evidence of manufacture, and baggies of pot ready to sell. They searched the whole place, which led them to the woods behind the house, where they found a pretty decent garden.

All of that, and he hardly got anything. This was her umpteenth time, and they put her kids in her mom's care, but she still didn't spend but a day in jail. She still gets several hundred dollars in food stamps, and her rent on a house in town was paid for, since part of her plea or whatever was that she couldn't live with him, and her kids couldn't. She had to live away from him in order to get her kids back.

Every month, around the 20th or so, it smells like rotten eggs over there, or, there is a sweet fragrance ( like a dryer sheet now that it's been mentioned ) coming from that direction. Also, there is frequently a fire going ( or at least there's smoke ) coming from the car garage ( that has no car in it ). Now, I know all of the sights and smells around here. I thought the egg thing might be my septic tank backing up, but the fact that it only occurs very late at night, or early in the morning before daylight has me suspicious. I have never smelled that aroma before either ( the dryer sheet type ), and thought it might be a flowering plant that was new. I know all the others. I'm seriously thinking I need to investigate the situation, and see if I need to call the law. They probably won't do anything, since they never have with him. I'm not going to have that crap here though. Pot I could care less, even though I'm not one for legalization, but if he wants to grow that I don't care. My problem is all the other druggies that go there to buy it. Meth on the other hand, is a definite no go. I'll probably have to resolve it myself since the law has never done anything with him and actually protects him. ( He's an informant when he needs to be )
Don't go ninj'in nobody that don't need ninj'in
bowbender7
Emu Jockey
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 10:14:14 PM
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:
It smells like cat piss.

I'll be goddamned. A true and real answer.
You accusing me of taking a dumb on the OP's roof? - Alien
BusMaster007
"Firearms Enthusiast"
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/30/2012 10:15:14 PM
rank pussy and bad breath?
phở kobama