Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/2/2012 6:11:36 PM EDT
I found this hungry kitty outside my window. I couldn't let him starve so I gave him some things to eat.

First I offered him a cracker which he liked.

Then I tried to give him a piece of plum. He took it but didn't eat it.

Then I offered him a tomato but he didn't want it.

While I was feeding the big kitteh I heard growling coming from under my air conditioning unit. That's when I found a baby kitteh.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
uh.. good luck getting rid of it now.. wait till it makes a home in your crawl space or attic and see how cute it is then.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Your cat is adorable.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice kitty.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The odd couple.

The big kitty is cute, second one....not so much.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope you like coon shit everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh snap you got the rabies

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I approve.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Aww, nice kitties; take them in, put them in bed with you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]

My parents neighbors were out of town for two weeks.  Racoons broke into their house and destroyed the kitchen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I was driving down the street a couple of blocks away from my house (in a city, mind you) and saw a couple of those kittehs skitter across the street into a yard... as I got closer, I saw no less than 8 pairs of beady little eyes peeking from around the side of a tree.  

Damn kittehs travel in packs!
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#11]
What are you going to name them?
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

uh.. good luck getting rid of it now.. wait till it makes a home in your crawl space or attic and see how cute it is then.

Growing up we did have a pet raccoon until he turned 2.  Then he turned mean and took off.  I do have a cat door, for my real cats, that leads into my basement, he may already be living down there as far as I know.  The only reason the animals stop by is the bird feeder.  In 10 years here I've never had any problems with them bothering the house.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't trifle with one of those little mofos like that - around here they are they are the most common rabies carriers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]
You're rate of fire is too slow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The odd couple.

The big kitty is cute, second one....not so much.

I think the little one is cute.  There are actually 3 baby possums that run around together.  They are cute small, as they get bigger not so much.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Isn't it a bit odd for a 'wild' animal to be so eager to get a treat from a human?  I'd be a bit concerned that the 'kitteh' might be sick..maybe rabies?

Plus, he's hangin' with Opie opossums kin...that can't be a good influence either!

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Should have given him a pot pie...

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Growing up we did have a pet raccoon until he turned 2.  Then he turned mean and took off.  I do have a cat door, for my real cats, that leads into my basement, he may already be living down there as far as I know.  The only reason the animals stop by is the bird feeder.  In 10 years here I've never had any problems with them bothering the house.

Is this your house bro?

I just don't fed strays and certainly not wild strays.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Better watch out.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#20]
There are three here that travel in a pack and come by every night.  Last night I put out
old Lasagna and chicken bones and they ate it all. Tonight it's a ramen noodles mix.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Rabies, you got 'em...

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#22]

I see I didn't make it in before the haterz.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#24]
kitteh

plus

equals

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Isn't it a bit odd for a 'wild' animal to be so eager to get a treat from a human? I'd be a bit concerned that the 'kitteh' might be sick..maybe rabies?

Plus, he's hangin' with Opie opossums kin...that can't be a good influence either!

I'm not sure where the coon lives but I have a feeling he has been watching me.  I saw him first a few nights ago.  When he saw me in the window he booked it.  Each night he has been less skittish.  Tonight he wouldn't leave and I knew the possums were around so I opened the window to chase scare him away but he didn't run.  I've seen raccoons with rabbies before.  This one shows no signs at all.  We are finally getting our fall cold snap and all the animals have started bulking up for winter.  I figure he is just hungry.  If I do have rabbies I'll have to figure out who gets my guns.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Isn't it a bit odd for a 'wild' animal to be so eager to get a treat from a human? I'd be a bit concerned that the 'kitteh' might be sick..maybe rabies?

I'm not sure where the coon lives but I have a feeling he has been watching me.  I saw him first a few nights ago.  When he saw me in the window he booked it.  Each night he has been less skittish.  Tonight he wouldn't leave and I knew the possums were around so I opened the window to chase scare him away but he didn't run.  I've seen raccoons with rabbies before.  This one shows no signs at all.  We are finally getting our fall cold snap and all the animals have started bulking up for winter.  I figure he is just hungry.  If I do have rabbies I'll have to figure out who gets my guns.

Dibs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The coons here are contracting canine distemper.

Don't let that one stay around if you have dogs.

Or get him vaccinated.  The dog, too.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#28]
IBYGR

In Before You Get Rabies
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IBYGR

In Before You Get Rabies

Nah. In for teh rabies lulz.

Edit: Found your poster.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Isn't it a bit odd for a 'wild' animal to be so eager to get a treat from a human?  I'd be a bit concerned that the 'kitteh' might be sick..maybe rabies?

he's probably been feed before. we have a beach down here, car johnson state park. the racoons not only have no fear of people you have to tie your cooler closed because they will be in it the second you hit the water.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Growing up we did have a pet raccoon until he turned 2. Then he turned mean and took off. I do have a cat door, for my real cats, that leads into my basement, he may already be living down there as far as I know. The only reason the animals stop by is the bird feeder. In 10 years here I've never had any problems with them bothering the house.

Is this your house bro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DfGf4M3QZo

LOL, I've seen that video before. Our raccoon never tore anything up but we never left him alone to run around the house either. I've always feed the wildlife outside that window. The cats like sitting there watching the birds on the bird feeder.

These pictures are from previous years.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Live action!
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBYGR

In Before You Get Rabies

Nah. In for teh rabies lulz.

You know this will be the first place I post about it if I do!

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Live action!

BTW, I was the one taking pictures while at the same time feeding the raccoon.  Pretty impressive I think fast action, low light photos that are properly framed all shot off hand without even looking at the camera.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I would take them to the vet and have the chipped, rare breeds such as these would be stolen and sold on the black market.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#37]
dufuq.

needs more sand wedge.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#38]
...and this is how I had a 40lb coon at my house when I lived in Lexington.  Exporting them from Georgetown apparently.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not for a raccoon.  There was food involved.  They're brave little fuckers when there's food involved.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Growing up we did have a pet raccoon until he turned 2. Then he turned mean and took off. I do have a cat door, for my real cats, that leads into my basement, he may already be living down there as far as I know. The only reason the animals stop by is the bird feeder. In 10 years here I've never had any problems with them bothering the house.

Is this your house bro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DfGf4M3QZo

Dude needs more mag dump.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

...and this is how I had a 40lb coon at my house when I lived in Lexington. Exporting them from Georgetown apparently.

Holy cow, a 40lb coon would be huge.  Probably came from my friends house.  He puts out about 10 pounds of dog food a night on his back deck so he can watch the wildlife.  I've seen 5 coons on his deck before.  They chased off the 2 big possums that were on it first.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Good god that thing contained a lot of blood. And props to you for smoking it with what I assume is a 9mm suppresed.  

I had one of those bastards in my garage and I had my 1911 with osprey at hand and didn't take the kill shot indoors. I just threw on a leather glove and went wild man live action tv on it.  I missed the part about not killing though.  That possum now forever plays possum.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Congrats on your new kitteh.  He will be a fixture at your back door.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Aww!  This thread is the best!  Love kittehs!

Did you try to feed the baby kitteh too?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This.  Should have dead-ed it right there.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#49]
I DID laugh out loud at this post!

Winner!!

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Racoon hanging out with a Possum? Someones dad is gonna be pissed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top