User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You were drinking back at her place and you didn't even kiss her?  She thinks your're gay.

This.

It was her parent's who she happens to be living with for the time being. It wasn't like I sprawled out on the couch with her. I was tiptoeing around downstairs trying not to wake up her parents. Yea I could have gone in for the fingerbang in her parent's kitchen but like I said, I was somewhat concerned her dad would come down and not be too happy.

maybe she wants a risk taker.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You were drinking back at her place and you didn't even kiss her?  She thinks your're gay.

This.

It was her parent's who she happens to be living with for the time being. It wasn't like I sprawled out on the couch with her. I was tiptoeing around downstairs trying not to wake up her parents. Yea I could have gone in for the fingerbang in her parent's kitchen but like I said, I was somewhat concerned her dad would come down and not be too happy.

Are you in high school or something? If the red flag that she lives with her parents didn't already turn you off, why do you care about her parents. You're both grown ass adults. Who gives a fuck about dad?

You fucked it up, and now she doesn't want to talk. We've all been there. Better luck next time.

And just out of curiosity: Who paid for the dritnks?

Me. She's 22 btw.

I would have left when I found out she lived with her parents.

Nah kids can hit some hard times during that age, and the economy is shit. You don't know her situation so don't act all superior.

I'm not superior to anything. I understand that issue, but if she is out drinking and having fun that apparently she is satisfied with her current living situation and thus probably isn't trying to improve it much. It is my personal policy bad luck or not that if you live with your parents I'm not getting involved.

at 22 it's not that big of an issue. i took a girl out and found out on the first date that she was 35, married twice, had 4 kids, AND was living at home with mom and dad.

first date was last date, man she was pissed when i deleted her as a freind on facebook. lol i just texted back, "not interested" lol
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok so I met a girl about a week ago and had been texting her back and forth all week. I called her on Wed. and basically told her I was taking her on a date. I took her out Friday and we were both drinking alot, which is cool because I like to drink and evidently so does she. We spent probably 3-4 hours boozing and talking. Then she suggested we go to another bar closer to her house, which we did. Had another beer and THEN she suggested we go back to her place for another beer on the porch (actually her parent's place). At this point it's like 2 in the morning, we talked and drank some more until about 3-3:30. Everything seemed good BUT I think I screwed up by not kissing her, just a hug when I left. She told me to text or call her tomorrow. The next day we had a short text conversation and I tried to call her later that night. No phone answer and no call back or text since saturday. Now I really do not want to call her again or text her if she doesn't call me back because I find it disrespectful. Should I wait a couple days and try to contact her again or just let it go?

In our society, women are taught that they are the ones who are to be respected and honored. women, on the other hand, are not taught to give that respect in return. If you were the one not returning calls, you'd be a "jerk"... but if the girl does it, it's perfectly fine.

The dating world sucks ass.

Women do not have the corner on acting like "jerks" after a date.  
I have at least one guy in my past who thinks it's "cool" to take me out once, text me all the time, but never ask me out again––even after saying "we need to do this again".

Guess what...I don't bother answering any of his texts or speaking to him at all now.

THOSE WHO WANT RESPECT GIVE RESPECT.

OP, let this one go.  In the future, the $20 date is fine for most of us who aren't high maintenance.  And if you're TRULY interested in the girl, ALWAYS "go for it" and try to kiss her.  I respect the shit out of a man who ALWAYS goes for it (of course, I'm no 20-something either).   It's something an alpha would do

respectfully,
TS

is that you cassandra!? lmao sorry i've been busy!
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Move on. And don't call her. Ball is in her court. Find a new girl and repeat + fap.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Move on. And don't call her. Ball is in her court. Find a new girl and repeat + fap.

Nah, if he'd gotten his balls in her court, she'd be returning his calls.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Just texted her and here is the convo:

Me:Hey guess what
Her:Hey! What?
Me: I just dropped my phone on the concrete and apparently my texting still works...thanks
Her: Well that's good!
Me: I had a good time friday btw
Her: I did too :)
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Me: I just dropped my phone on the concrete and apparently my texting still works...thanks

Her:  Um.  Who is this?

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

or

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok so I met a girl about a week ago and had been texting her back and forth all week. I called her on Wed. and basically told her I was taking her on a date. I took her out Friday and we were both drinking alot, which is cool because I like to drink and evidently so does she. We spent probably 3-4 hours boozing and talking. Then she suggested we go to another bar closer to her house, which we did. Had another beer and THEN she suggested we go back to her place for another beer on the porch (actually her parent's place). At this point it's like 2 in the morning, we talked and drank some more until about 3-3:30. Everything seemed good BUT I think I screwed up by not kissing her, just a hug when I left. She told me to text or call her tomorrow. The next day we had a short text conversation and I tried to call her later that night. No phone answer and no call back or text since saturday. Now I really do not want to call her again or text her if she doesn't call me back because I find it disrespectful. Should I wait a couple days and try to contact her again or just let it go?

Women have a phrase... learn it.

NO RESPONSE IS THE LOUDEST RESPONSE.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got a response.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just got a cringe-worthy response.

just get up in it already.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I think at this point, the only logical move on your part is to stun her with your desire.
Print this thread off and mail it to her, right now.

And draw a picture of your dick on the back.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You: And when yout parents go to bed I'd like to stop by with a six pack and show you something else that works.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wow, with lines like that I bet you've got her leaving snail trails everywhere she goes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, with lines like that I bet you've got her leaving snail trails everywhere she goes.

Great job friendzoning yourself, OP.  When her alpha BF breaks up with her, it's good to know you'll be there to comfort her.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You've been friend-zone'd, man. If she didn't take the hint you dropped in the texting line and didn't reply back previously, move on. She's keeping you on the back burner while she sees how other opportunities pan out, I bet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#17]
If they're something I've learnt through my brief dating experience is that if things get relatively intimate, ALWAYS try and kiss her. If she recoils and goes 'ugh', well, she probably didn't want you anyway. On the other hand, if she is interested and you don't...well, you've fucked it.

Running back in my mind, I've never regretted trying to kiss a girl (even when she recoiled). I've regretted not kissing them on multiple occasions.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Open palm, insert face.  Take it from me dood, you can't get to liking a chick too much right off the bat.  Shoulda struck while the iron was hot.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#19]
and then...?? Is that seriously the end of the conversation between the two of you?

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
and then...?? Is that seriously the end of the conversation between the two of you?

This is the whole convo:

HB:Hey! What?
Me: I just dropped my phone on the concrete and apparently my texting still works...thanks lol
HB:Well that's good!
HB: I did too:)
Me: So are you up for round 2?
HB:Lol when is that?
Me: Friday
HB: I leave for the beach Thursday night and I won't be back until Sunday!
Me:Lame...
HB:Jealous
Me:Maybe a little...how about you join me for wild wings tomorrow then?
HB:I have to get math homework done before I leave :/
Me: Alright well have a nice trip
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
read title and thought this was a deej thread.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
send her a pic message of your penis

this will win you her favor and she will call you back

That's what I would do.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Keep calling until you are served with a restraining order.  Then call and ask if you can still be friends.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I am no dating authority.

Now that we got that out of the way, after reading the whole text exchange I've got some bad news.

If a woman is interested, she will let you know. You asked her to do two different things at two different times and she had an excuse with, and this is the important part, no counter-offer.

That speaks volumes. If she was even a little interested, she would have offered up something.

ETA: Instead of eject, delete. As in delete her number.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

Me: I just dropped my phone on the concrete and apparently my texting still works...thanks lol

I'm sorry...but I don't think she's interested in anything more than friendship at this point.

I have to think hard to get my mind back to my dating days, but I'm pretty sure if I liked a guy and he offered multiple future date options and i shot them down...without offering an alternative option for getting together, I was hoping he would just get the point and back off...

There are other girls...find someone else and most of all...ENJOY NOT BEING TIED down...even if you aren't interested in hooking up with every one of them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Now that we got that out of the way, after reading the whole text exchange I've got some bad news.
If a woman is interested, she will let you know. You asked her to do two different things at two different times and she had an excuse with, and this is the important part, no counter-offer.
That speaks volumes. If she was even a little interested, she would have offered up something.

damnit. beat me
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Find out where she works. Start hanging around outside the building. If she spots you, look down quick and leave promptly. Girls really like it, it shows that you are caring and compassionate.
Oh yeah, fail for asking for dating advise on ARFCom.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep, you fucked up by texting her AGAIN. You were on the ropes and YOU KNEW IT. That's why you came on here. You had one chance for a comeback,to make her view you in a different way, and that was to play it cool and wait until you had something GENUINELY INTERESTING to do. Then invite her along, not so you can kiss her ass and try to make her like you, but so she can go and have an awesome time, too. And if she said no, then do it anyway, so if her curiosity gets the best of her and she asks how it was, you can say "it was awesome, you missed out." That might have spurred a counter-offer. You're damaged goods now, and any further contact attempts by you will reek of desperation. File the lessons learned for future use.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Dude, DO NOT back off.  Call and text her repeatedly.  She's playing hard to get.  You know where she lives.  Go park outside her house and learn her schedule.  Call her from outside her house while she is inside.  If no answer, leave a message telling her you can see her and you know what she's doing.  Make sure you breath heavily while leaving a message.  Chicks love the heavy breathing on their voice mail.

Trust me.  This will work.

Finally.

A real man posts in the thread.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Ask her if she's into watersports. Get's 'em every time.

But seriously, this train has left the station and it's not likely coming back. Learn what happened and move on, kind sir.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

I'm sorry...but I don't think she's interested in anything more than friendship at this point.

I have to think hard to get my mind back to my dating days, but I'm pretty sure if I liked a guy and he offered multiple future date options and i shot them down...without offering an alternative option for getting together, I was hoping he would just get the point and back off...

There are other girls...find someone else and most of all...ENJOY NOT BEING TIED down...even if you aren't interested in hooking up with every one of them.

Maybe she actually has to do math homework.  

One thing that is really important is to only ask girls out on a high point in the conversation.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, you fucked up by texting her AGAIN. You were on the ropes and YOU KNEW IT. That's why you came on here. You had one chance for a comeback,to make her view you in a different way, and that was to play it cool and wait until you had something GENUINELY INTERESTING to do. Then invite her along, not so you can kiss her ass and try to make her like you, but so she can go and have an awesome time, too. And if she said no, then do it anyway, so if her curiosity gets the best of her and she asks how it was, you can say "it was awesome, you missed out." That might have spurred a counter-offer. You're damaged goods now, and any further contact attempts by you will reek of desperation. File the lessons learned for future use.

I go to Wild Wings with my friends every tuesday night since high school. I already told her that a while ago. I will be going regardless of whether or not she wants to.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

Maybe she actually has to do math homework.  

One thing that is really important is to only ask girls out on a high point in the conversation.

If she were interested she would have offered an alternative.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

well, you've got your answer now.  on to the next one.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I go to Wild Wings with my friends every tuesday night since high school. I already told her that a while ago. I will be going regardless of whether or not she wants to.

That's not exactly what I meant when I said interesting and awesome.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

well, you've got your answer now.  on to the next one.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

Ouch.  Embarrassing dude.  I mean, that exchange was dripping with desperation.  No offense.  Learn from this thread, take heed of what you've been told, and someday you may be a Jedi of the pussy.  Or not.  The choice is yours.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

Ouch.  Embarrassing dude.  I mean, that exchange was dripping with desperation.  No offense.  Learn from this thread, take heed of what you've been told, and someday you may be a Jedi of the pussy.  Or not.  The choice is yours.

What exactly was desperate about it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#39]
women are evil. you didnt make the grade move on to the next evil one.

or do like I did and just give up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

What exactly was desperate about it?

It's not desperation if you drop it and go find the next one.  Happens all the time.  Just the way it works.  Maybe she is rolling to the beach, maybe she ain't.  Maybe she IS doing math homework, maybe she ain't.  What she AIN'T gonna be doing is hanging with you.  So suck it up and go find a new cat to chase.  This is good because you ain't even stuck on this chick; you don't even know her, right?  Get busy, they're out there.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

Yup you are done, move on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Text her a picture of a kitten or puppy.  If she doesn't respond to that, you know its done for.

Seriously.  Last girl I met that seemed like a sure thing for a date and sex wasn't responding after a couple normal text during the week.  So right as I finished sexing this other girl and couldn't sleep, I sent her a pic of my moms Chihuahua.  That got her to respond and tell me to leave her alone  I've also had pictures like that turn flaky girls around.  They'd reply with "awwwwww cute!" and ask a question that kicked off the conversation again.

So yeah, kitten or puppy picture.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

Ouch.  Embarrassing dude.  I mean, that exchange was dripping with desperation.  No offense. Learn from this thread, take heed of what you've been told, and someday you may be a Jedi of the pussy.  Or not.  The choice is yours.

OP:

There are many guys here who've obviously been young and in the thick of the dating game.  They learned through experience and are trying to pass those pearls of wisdom onto you.  You aren't listening.  Many here told you to walk it off and NOT initiate any further contact.  If she was interested, she would have found a way to contact you or bump into you again.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#44]
She did ask him when Round 2 would be.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Text her a picture of a kitten or puppy.  If she doesn't respond to that, you know its done for.

Seriously.  Last girl I met that seemed like a sure thing for a date and sex wasn't responding after a couple normal text during the week.  So right as I finished sexing this other girl and couldn't sleep, I see her a pic of my moms Chihuahua.  That got her to respond and tell me to leave her alone  I've also had pictures like that turn flaky girls around.  They'd reply with "awwwwww cute!" and ask a question that kicked off the conversation again.

So far she has responded to every text I have sent. It was just that one phone call Saturday she didn't pick up and didn't call back. I'm gonna let it lay for the time being maybe call her in a week or a week and a half.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the whole convo:

haha.. haven't seen someone call a girl an HB in forever.  Shoulda ran some mystery method on her
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No need to. She's looking forward to getting loaded at the beach and railed all weekend from the engineer, conductor, switchman and all their buddies that will ply her with alcohol for free.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's the thing. When I say the date went good, it went real good. She kept extending it, matter of fact she had two opportunities for me to leave and SHE made the choice to keep me around. She was giving me all these indicators of interest touching me alot, putting her arm through mine, laughing at all my weak ass jokes etc. She told me I had a good body etc. I guess what it boils down to is women are just fucking weird.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.  Last girl I met that seemed like a sure thing for a date and sex wasn't responding after a couple normal text during the week.  So right as I finished sexing this other girl and couldn't sleep, I see her a pic of my moms Chihuahua.  That got her to respond and tell me to leave her alone  I've also had pictures like that turn flaky girls around.  They'd reply with "awwwwww cute!" and ask a question that kicked off the conversation again.

So far she has responded to every text I have sent. It was just that one phone call Saturday she didn't pick up and didn't call back. I'm gonna let it lay for the time being maybe call her in a week or a week and a half.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Desperate? I don't see it. He made an honest effort and for whatever reason, shes not interested. Been married awhile now, and still don't understand women. Probably never will.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top