Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

Ah fuck........nope......damnit........so close.

So close to what? A rationalization for your racism?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

There are many instances of such crimes from all races and nationalities, so WTF is wrong with you?

Facts are facts. I've seen a little girl shot in the throat, a man stabbed to death over a beer, 2 gang shootings, and a double homicide since January. All assailants were black.

Welcome to the real world.

Good for you!

You have let your small local perspective influence your judgment, and unrealistically apply that small biased sample to a larger view.

that is the definition of prejudice, but in the case of logic, it is a fallacy of a hasty generalization.

WHo cares about your emotional involvement?

I certainly don't give a single fuck about all the BS in the Zimmerman case because it is a bunch of racist, collectivist mindset clusterfuck.

Same thing applies here. I don't let the bullshit people pull influence me to do the same. I don't pull some bullshit because others do because I don't agree with that bullshit. I don't use it as an excuse to pull the same bullshit.

Everyone in this thread who said shit along the lines of, "where is the media coverage" and comparisons to the trayvon bullshit has no integrity.

Whats your sn on DU? Trolls be trollin'

I've been here longer than you.
If you are trying to debate, you lack even the simplest form of logic.

Yeah because that means so much

Im not falling for your race baiting bullshit,which you have been doing this whole thread.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

There are many instances of such crimes from all races and nationalities, so WTF is wrong with you?

Facts are facts. I've seen a little girl shot in the throat, a man stabbed to death over a beer, 2 gang shootings, and a double homicide since January. All assailants were black.

Good for you!

You have let your small local perspective influence your judgment, and unrealistically apply that small biased sample to a larger view.

that is the definition of prejudice, but in the case of logic, it is a fallacy of a hasty generalization.

I certainly don't give a single fuck about all the BS in the Zimmerman case because it is a bunch of racist, collectivist mindset clusterfuck.

Same thing applies here. I don't let the bullshit people pull influence me to do the same. I don't pull some bullshit because others do because I don't agree with that bullshit. I don't use it as an excuse to pull the same bullshit.

Everyone in this thread who said shit along the lines of, "where is the media coverage" and comparisons to the trayvon bullshit has no integrity.

Sorry to break your heart honey, but batch testing is how the world works.

I don't ascribe to that.

I am better than that.

You are free to degrade yourself as you feel appropriate based on what others think.

Thats your right.

I value keeping true to myself.

Wow. This post is very telling.....

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy fuck, a family just got murdered and people are arguing about who is and isn't racist.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
That's messed up.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

I don't ascribe to that.

I am better than that.

You are free to degrade yourself as you feel appropriate based on what others think.

Thats your right.

Explain.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sorry for the family

There are many reasons why a firearm is always within reach while I am "safe" and sound at home. It's events like this that include many of them. Sadly, this is the world we live in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

It's not racism when one can look at a heinous crime, think 'I'll bet that's a black perp', and ta-fucking-dah it is.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Actually it is.

Prejudice... How the fuck does that work?

Racism, prejudice and stereotyping are all separate and different things that have been combined under the viel of racism to benefit a protected class.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

I don't ascribe to that.

I am better than that.

Thats your right.

Explain.

No need to. After all,  I've been here longer than you.

But do tell, is it a current girl friend or an ex???

Or maybe it's a boyfriend??
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy fuck, a family just got murdered and people are arguing about who is and isn't racist.

Are you distracted? That's the point.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

It's not racism when one can look at a heinous crime, think 'I'll bet that's a black perp', and ta-fucking-dah it is.

Actually it is.

Racism, prejudice and stereotyping are all separate and different things that have been combined under the viel of racism to benefit a protected class.

There was absolutely nothing to indicate it was a black person from the info.

As a matter of fact, it was believed to share common traits with other crimes.

Serial killers a\re predominantly white.... at least, thats what FBI behavioral statistics have shown.

So what in this case ever indicated anything about the race of the killer, other than opinions of arfcom posters?
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really. Once you exist in sensory overload conditions long enough, chaos is true peace.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

I don't ascribe to that.

I am better than that.

Thats your right.

Explain.

Maybe you are just intellectually retarded, and unable to understand what is being discussed here.

Seems that way.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good observation
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Usually I  come here to see the shit fly but this thread is just sad on many levels.God bless the survivors
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

I don't ascribe to that.

I am better than that.

Thats your right.

Explain.

Maybe you are just intellectually retarded, and unable to understand what is being discussed here.

Seems that way.

Shure thing skippy. The problem is all me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We don't need batch testing, we have FBI crime statistics to summarize facts of the entire population.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What? No media outrage? No marches? No protests?  Hmm...

No whites involved, not racist.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

I don't ascribe to that.

I am better than that.

Thats your right.

Explain.

Seems that way.

Your problem.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No whites involved, not racist important.

FIFY

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We don't need batch testing, we have FBI crime statistics to summarize facts of the entire population.

http://moonbattery.com/homicide-stats-by-race.jpg

Its funny how people are so willing to cite FBI statistics as fact, and then cite them as flawed.

The FBI compiles data in a very vague and general way.

Government bureaucracy. Problematic.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, how do hispanics fit into this?
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Don't care what color the perp is. You wouldn't be able to tell after I was done with him anyway.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

......aaaaand BS.

Racism is racism. Pure and simple.

Rac·ism   [rey-siz-uhm]  noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races  determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race  is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race  or other races.

Prej·u·dice   [prej-uh-dis]   noun, verb, prej·u·diced, prej·u·dic·ing.
noun
1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.
4. such attitudes considered collectively: The war against prejudice is never-ending.
5. damage or injury; detriment: a law that operated to the prejudice of the majority.
verb (used with object)
6. to affect with a prejudice, either favorable or unfavorable: His honesty and sincerity prejudiced us in his favor.

Sterotyping
verb (used with object)
5. to make a stereotype of.
6. to characterize or regard as a stereotype: The actor has been stereotyped as a villain.
7. to give a fixed form to.

I have little doubt we have plain jane pure as the driven snow, racist.....right here on ARFCOM. Hell, I have met them in person. Please stop making excuses for racist with an attempt to equate "prejudice" and "stereotyping" as the same thing. They are not and never have been.

YES, we absolutely and positively have a CULTURAL issue with the American Black population. It however does not excuse an iota ....racism.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

Thank you, you are correct.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#25]
You know, I've read a lot about high profile home invasion/murder cases in the past.

One thing I have observed about just about all of them is that the victims would have probably survived if the concept of armed self defense was not completely alien to them.

But what the hell do I know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No Skittle or hoodies involved... duh...

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its funny how people are so willing to cite FBI statistics as fact, and then cite them as flawed.

The FBI compiles data in a very vague and general way.

Government bureaucracy. Problematic.
Here we will agree strongly.

Like iwouldntknow said, this thread is pretty bad. I'm headed out.  

We haven't, and won't, change each others opinion; no reason to fight in this venue.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY

Thank you, you are correct.

60 years ago you'd be correct for an entirely different reason.  Where's the middleground?

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

I don't ascribe to that.

I am better than that.

Thats your right.

Explain.

Seems that way.

Your problem.

Sure thing, sunshine. Sure thing.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

It's not racist if its true

Hindsight does not negate racist tendencies.

From a relatively vague description, there was nothing to indicate that this crime fit anything other than some sick fuck did it, the race of which could be anything.

he wanted to hurt whitey, if not he would have done this to a black family. open your freakin eyes to the truth.

blacks target whites every day in this country.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#30]
On second thought...

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Sigh... prayers sent for the family and what they will live with for the rest of their lives, I hope the bastard who did this get's real justice...
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They must all be busy with something really important, like going to buy skittles.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Actually it is.

There was absolutely nothing to indicate it was a black person from the info.

As a matter of fact, it was believed to share common traits with other crimes.

Serial killers a\re predominantly white.... at least, thats what FBI behavioral statistics have shown.

So what in this case ever indicated anything about the race of the killer, other than opinions of arfcom posters?

Not a damn thing. I agree with you completely on all counts buddy. My issue is with the terminology I posted above

Stereotyping is a person internal statistic system. Is a logical pattern of observation analysis. it is logical, it is rational based on the level in which its conceived (personal observation, city, state, country, world etc) To not stereo type is to consistently ignore facts that you are presented with.

Prejudice is applying preconceived notions not based in fact or stereotypical statistical analysis to a person or group of people. This is a non logical means of thinking, and is unfair and unjust but a part of human nature. Some folks can keep it from affecting their personal lives, most can't. Not racism.

Racism is the un natural hatred of a group of people of a certain race, solely due to their race. Racism is hatred, un just, un fair, and in America is fucking illegal. But it is on a violent, angry, and powerful spectrum far separated from the illogical use of prejudice, and borderline unrelated to the very logical data organization that makes up stereotyping.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

I don't ascribe to that.

I am better than that.

Thats your right.

Explain.

Seems that way.

Your problem.

Sure thing, sunshine. Sure thing.

Well at least you learned how to spell "sure" correctly.

I can tell how proud you were of it from your repetition.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sigh... prayers sent for the family and what they will live with for the rest of their lives, I hope the bastard who did this get's real justice...

He would have got real justice if the man or woman of the house would have double tapped his thoracic after he broke in and started coming at them with a claw hammer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

From a relatively vague description, there was nothing to indicate that this crime fit anything other than some sick fuck did it, the race of which could be anything.

he wanted to hurt whitey, if not he would have done this to a black family. open your freakin eyes to the truth.

Fuck yeah! White Power!  We shall overcome!

Not.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Not.

Herp derp Ignored.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Not.

My suit is not black.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You do realize the family is Hispanic right?
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#40]
nope
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

......aaaaand BS.

Racism is racism. Pure and simple.

Rac·ism   [rey-siz-uhm]  noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races  determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race  is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race  or other races.

Prej·u·dice   [prej-uh-dis]   noun, verb, prej·u·diced, prej·u·dic·ing.
noun
1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.
4. such attitudes considered collectively: The war against prejudice is never-ending.
5. damage or injury; detriment: a law that operated to the prejudice of the majority.
verb (used with object)
6. to affect with a prejudice, either favorable or unfavorable: His honesty and sincerity prejudiced us in his favor.

Sterotyping
verb (used with object)
5. to make a stereotype of.
6. to characterize or regard as a stereotype: The actor has been stereotyped as a villain.
7. to give a fixed form to.

I have little doubt we have plain jane pure as the driven snow, racist.....right here on ARFCOM. Hell, I have met them in person. Please stop making excuses for racist with an attempt to equate "prejudice" and "stereotyping" as the same thing. They are not and never have been.

YES, we absolutely and positively have a CULTURAL issue with the American Black population. It however does not excuse an iota ....racism.

Either you didn't misread my post or I'm not seeing where you've disagreed with me, but I'm not making excuses for any fucking body. Just because racist's vocally project both stereo ping and prejudice doesn't mean that they are the same thing.

Criminals kill people with guns, and rape people with table legs.

You have both?

Not a criminal.

I only mentioned it because zedsdead mentioned those things in separate  posts that seemed to be used interchangeably with racism. That's very linear thinking that has become an accepted reality where people who think like human beings are scared of being branded a racist.

It doesn't just pertain to black as a protected class. The protected class is non whites. Whichever group specifically maximizes media attention at any time could fill this spot. It's irrelevant.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He would have got real justice if the man or woman of the house would have double tapped his thoracic after he broke in and started coming at them with a claw hammer.

Agreed
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If there had only been some sort of neighborhood watch –– someone in the neighborhood, preferably armed that kept a lookout for strange men lurking around. Someone that is not afraid to walk his own neighborhood and act as a sheepdog to his neighbors. I can almost guarantee these murderers walked around trying doors for those that were left unlocked. Then they found one. Maybe having someone patrol his neighborhood looking for such people would have helped. But I guess thats being a vigilante ––- at least thats what the media tells me.

Maybe that would have made a difference.

LOL
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

Explain this statement.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#45]
This kind of shit is exactly why I always have a gun either on me or within arms' reach. My wife always gives me shit about it but you never know what's gonna happen.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

Explain this statement.

Very simple. People here are outraged that race is a factor in the Zimmerman case because there is no reason it should be.

Yet people say that it should be a factor here because of the attention to the Zimmerman case.

If you believed the Zimmerman case should not involve race as a factor, why would you compromise your integrity and say that race should be a factor in this case just because the media made race a factor in the Zimmerman case?

Why would you compromise you ideals just because others did?

Do you know what integrity is?
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

Explain this statement.

Very simple. People here are outraged that race is a factor in the Zimmerman case because there is no reason it should be.

Yet people say that it should be a factor here because of the attention to the Zimmerman case.

If you believed the Zimmerman case should not involve race as a factor, why would you compromise your integrity and say that race should be a factor in this case just because the media made race a factor in the Zimmerman case?

I asked you to explain a statement.  No need to get smart with me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

Explain this statement.

If it was that evident, why did you ask me to explain it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Al Sharpton,is that you?

Good for you!

Explain this statement.

If it was that evident, why did you ask me to explain it?

I wanted to be sure I understood what you were saying.  I didn't want to make any assumptions that may not have been accurate.

Hell, I actually agree with that reasoning,  I just don't particularly like your attitude.  That, of course, could be attributed to your arguing with everyone else on this thread, and seeing my question as yet another attack.

Either way... whatever.  It's late, long day, and I simply don't give a damn about this discussion.

God be with the victims.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amish perpetrator again?

WTF is wrong with you?

Same sort of crime was perpetrated in Conn. by two white guys.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top