Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:34:27 PM EDT
England’s House of Lords heard a stem-winding speech on Feb. 16 from a nobleman who claimed $15 trillion had been secretly transferred into British banks by a man he estimated was the world’s richest person.

Riyadi, as the tale continues, supposedly had 750,000 tons of gold backing the $15 trillion the United States took from him to prop up the U.S. dollar.

The World Gold Council, however, estimates the only 165,000 tons of gold have been mined in the history of the world.

There’s a reason the bells might not have gone off in Parliament. The right honourable gentleman, as British peers are fond of calling one another, could have figured out why by spending 10 seconds with the Earl of Google.

The first search result for ”Yohannes Riyadi” is, curiously enough, a Web page from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York titled “Scams Involving the Federal Reserve Name.”

link
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
England’s House of Lords heard a stem-winding speech on Feb. 16 from a nobleman who claimed $15 trillion had been secretly transferred into British banks by a man he estimated was the world’s richest person.

Riyadi, as the tale continues, supposedly had 750,000 tons of gold backing the $15 trillion the United States took from him to prop up the U.S. dollar.

The World Gold Council, however, estimates the only 165,000 tons of gold have been mined in the history of the world.

There’s a reason the bells might not have gone off in Parliament. The right honourable gentleman, as British peers are fond of calling one another, could have figured out why by spending 10 seconds with the Earl of Google.

The first search result for ”Yohannes Riyadi” is, curiously enough, a Web page from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York titled “Scams Involving the Federal Reserve Name.”

link

just spread the word..my thread was locked..
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]

I wasn't aware that the US was still on the gold standard or that we had mined 750,000 tons of gold...

Edit: More fun information at bottom of page.  Of course, I'm sure it's a conspiracy to rob the unknown trillionaire.

“The Federal Reserve is aware of a fraudulent scam,” the page reads, “involving individuals using the names Yohannes Riyadi and/or Wilfredo Saurin, or persons claiming to be representatives of these two men.”

“In a typical version of this scam, Mr. Riyadi and/or his delegates falsely claim that they have on deposit with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York several U.S. Treasury Checks issued to Mr. Riyadi amounting to billions of dollars. … The fraudulent scheme includes multiple documents which purport to have the signatures of various Federal Reserve officials, including Chairman Ben Bernanke.”

So it emerges that the name “Yohannes Riyadi” is synonymous with the names of various apocryphal Nigerian princes whose spam emails promise riches in exchange for help moving their inheritances to American banks.

It’s a good thing — for the British, at least — that Lord James apparently doesn’t have a computer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

While I'm at it, I'll let everyone know that The Onion isn't real either.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I'm at it, I'll let everyone know that The Onion isn't real either.

hmm..

thats halfway there...
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#5]
bump
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Takes a special kind of tard to believe that one man transferred 15 trillion dollars, or the amounts of gold that were involved. But we now live in a special kind of world, full of special kinds of tards. I blame the Internet.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Takes a special kind of tard to believe that one man transferred 15 trillion dollars, or the amounts of gold that were involved. But we now live in a special kind of world, full of special kinds of tards. I blame the Internet.

trust your govt much?
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

trust your govt much?

No. But I trust retards who believe that one person had 15 trillion to transfer even less. And if they believe that ludicrous amounts of gold were involved, I'm going to bet that their favorite color is ham and that they believe in a whole list of conspiracy theories.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

trust your govt much?

No. But I trust retards who believe that one person had 15 trillion to transfer even less. And if they believe that ludicrous amounts of gold were involved, I'm going to bet that their favorite color is ham and that they believe in a whole list of conspiracy theories.

of course the gold was not there...
who said ONE person? can you read/listen?
and the name calling is real showing...

well here, i'll post this for shits and giggles..
shits and giggles

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 5:03:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

trust your govt much?

shits and giggles

From your link, Mr.Counts To Ham:

He would be if all the money that was owed to him was paid but I have seen some accounts of his showing that he owns $36 trillion in a bank.

The guy who wrote that is an idiot, as are the people who read that and believe it.

Seriously. Its one thing to suggest that Fed or whomever does stuff it shouldn't in a too-quiet and unreported manner. But some people turn the tardation up to 11 when it comes to this stuff.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 5:26:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

trust your govt much?

shits and giggles

He would be if all the money that was owed to him was paid but I have seen some accounts of his showing that he owns $36 trillion in a bank.

The guy who wrote that is an idiot, as are the people who read that and believe it.

Seriously. Its one thing to suggest that Fed or whomever does stuff it shouldn't in a too-quiet and unreported manner. But some people turn the tardation up to 11 when it comes to this stuff.

hmm

more hmm..
i wonder if they're connected in any way? the timing of the $15 T and this is more than strange..

just..oh nevermind..

treaty of versailles kinda made me chuckle..

throw this in there too
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

trust your govt much?

shits and giggles

hmm

more hmm..

i wonder if they're connected in any way? the timing of the $15 T and this is more than strange..

just..oh nevermind..

True to conspiracy theorist form, you're just dropping the original matter and moving on? Regardless, some nutty gold-bug blog and Putin's official mouthpiece to the West probably aren't the best sources to launch your next conspiracy angle from. But being a conspiracy nut, I guess you wouldn't know or care about that.

There is plenty of real crap going on in the world without playing connect the dots with idiotic sources.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 6:19:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

trust your govt much?

shits and giggles

hmm

more hmm..

just..oh nevermind..

True to conspiracy theorist form, you're just dropping the original matter and moving on? Regardless, some nutty gold-bug blog and Putin's official mouthpiece to the West probably aren't the best sources to launch your next conspiracy angle from. But being a conspiracy nut, I guess you wouldn't know or care about that.

There is plenty of real crap going on in the world without playing connect the dots with idiotic sources.

well..funny thing is..some people call it conspiracy theory..but sometimes the theories are so blatant and in your face, you can no longer refuse they exist, and then someone is credited with being an investigative journalist.  I prefer mean world syndrome
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#14]
well it just seems... so hard to stop im sorry
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]
cant stop..

you related to dave_a by chance?

Dave_A
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

cant stop..

Dave_A

So...

What was your previous screen name?

In before you're found...Familiar.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#17]
So if a ton of gold is ~14" cube that makes 750,000 tons what? A cubic mile of gold?

math thinkin broken right now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

cant stop..

Dave_A

So...

annnnnd IBNC_L

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
cant stop..

Dave_A

So...

:)

never!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top