Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#1]
While I agree that computer gaming is better in most aspects (size, graphics, useability, depth, etc.) I really enjoy console gaming, mostly due to a recent event.

I am in college, and 3 years ago I built as much pc as I could afford for under 1000, monitor not included. It was good for a long time, and still runs really smoothly. I always would brag that I havent found a game yet that didnt default to max settings.

Well unfortunately, that finally happened, and my pc cannot run Battlefield 3 without a significant graphics card update. I'm glad I tried the beta first because I was intending to purchase the pc version.

But instead of spend $60 on the game, then $150 on a new graphics card and HOPE that solves my problem, I'll just buy it on xbox360 for $60 and play the game.

Summary:
PC = immersive, ideal, pretty
xbox360 = convenient, (mostly) bug-free, constant (as in will run any 360 game, no question).

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed. I build a good PC, then also got a graphics card that could handle crysis. The amount of time I spent trying to make certain games run was ridiculous. And I mean HOURS. I spent 4 hours one time trying to get crysis to play on a fresh install of windows 7 using a GTX 470. I sold that video card and havent played a game on my PC since.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You can compare PC to console all day and your comparison will still be flawed.

You can buy a $250 console right now that will out perform a $1000 + PC. It is all about dollars. If everyone had a couple thousand dollars to spend on a high end PC there wouldn't be a shrinking PC gaming market.

Consoles will be king for a long time to come for two reasons. Simple and cheap.

My PS3 and XBOX play games more smoothly than my insanely fast gaming laptop.

So go buy your hi-point and I'll stick to my H&K's.  I mean you can get your hi point for $200 or so and I can get my H&K for $800 or so, but they both shoot the same ammo, right?  So really they should just stop making H&K pistols, right?  

I think a better comparison would be comparing a Glock to a 1911.  You can spend an assload of money to buy a good 1911, clean it religiously, try different mags, polish the feed ramp, and try different ammo to feed right...

Or you can by a G21 and call it a day.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#4]
For me, I enjoy console gaming over PC gaming, and this is coming from an  ex-hardcore PC gamer (Tribes ftw).

Console games are easier to play with friends when we all meet up and just want to duke it out. Especially in games like NBA 2K12, or zombies in CoD. Plus I don't have to upgrade my PC for $1k every two years to stay current.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You can buy a $250 console right now that will out perform a $1000 + PC. It is all about dollars. If everyone had a couple thousand dollars to spend on a high end PC there wouldn't be a shrinking PC gaming market.

Consoles will be king for a long time to come for two reasons. Simple and cheap.

Lulwut.
This is an excellent example of how liberals think. You just took reality, threw it right out the window, and made a declarative statement that has no rational basis whatsoever.
Excellent work my friend.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While I agree that computer gaming is better in most aspects (size, graphics, useability, depth, etc.) I really enjoy console gaming, mostly due to a recent event.

I am in college, and 3 years ago I built as much pc as I could afford for under 1000, monitor not included. It was good for a long time, and still runs really smoothly. I always would brag that I havent found a game yet that didnt default to max settings.

Well unfortunately, that finally happened, and my pc cannot run Battlefield 3 without a significant graphics card update. I'm glad I tried the beta first because I was intending to purchase the pc version.

But instead of spend $60 on the game, then $150 on a new graphics card and HOPE that solves my problem, I'll just buy it on xbox360 for $60 and play the game.

Summary:
PC = immersive, ideal, pretty
xbox360 = convenient, (mostly) bug-free, constant (as in will run any 360 game, no question).

You just made a very good show of intellectual dishonesty. So you were upset you couldn't max the settings on Battlefield 3... so you bought a console to play it on to play it at even lower settings than your PC could have played it at because you could play it better on the console? Smart move! That would be like getting mad because your 2 door sports car can't comfortably seat 4 people and going out and buying a car that only seats two people and saying you're better off now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Without the pc market, consoles will stagnate, which is already happening.  You guys can keep playing on that 6 year old hardware.  A 2009 era video card would wipe the floor with that 360.  Nowadays, forget it.  The image quality, AA, AF, HBAO etc mean a completely superior experience on pc.

Where do you think the graphics hardware in these consoles comes from chief?  They are based off video cards that are developed for the pc.

Consoles aren't cheaper either, imo.  Most people have decent pcs already.  With a $150-$250 upgrade you can slap a good video card in there and be good to go for the vast majority of games.  Why people act all butthurt about that I don't know.

There are a few games that are better on consoles, like some racing games and fighting games.  That's about it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
If this one actually works right, I wonder how much it will cost a month to actually use it by then.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#9]
EVGA/AMD are releasing some heavy heavy shit in the coming months maybe they are waiting for this stuff before moving forward?
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For me, I enjoy console gaming over PC gaming, and this is coming from an  ex-hardcore PC gamer (Tribes ftw).

Console games are easier to play with friends when we all meet up and just want to duke it out. Especially in games like NBA 2K12, or zombies in CoD. Plus I don't have to upgrade my PC for $1k every two years to stay current.

Without the pc market, consoles will stagnate, which is already happening.  You guys can keep playing on that 6 year old hardware.  A 2009 era video card would wipe the floor with that 360.  Nowadays, forget it.  The image quality, AA, AF, HBAO etc mean a completely superior experience on pc.

Where do you think the graphics hardware in these consoles comes from chief?  They are based off video cards that are developed for the pc.

Consoles aren't cheaper either, imo.  Most people have decent pcs already.  With a $150-$250 upgrade you can slap a good video card in there and be good to go for the vast majority of games.  Why people act all butthurt about that I don't know.

There are a few games that are better on consoles, like some racing games and fighting games.  That's about it.

It sometimes takes more than just a GPU upgrade. My comp is still pretty current with a i7 920 and 12gb of RAM, but it only came with a 500w OEM power supply. That was fine for my lone GTX260, but it was really stretching it for my new GTX560Ti. So I put in a Thermaltake 850w Black Widow.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sometimes takes more than just a GPU upgrade. My comp is still pretty current with a i7 920 and 12gb of RAM, but it only came with a 500w OEM power supply. That was fine for my lone GTX260, but it was really stretching it for my new GTX560Ti. So I put in a Thermaltake 850w Black Widow.

An average pc gamer could have used, say, a 460, with a more normal 4/6gb of ram and played most games fine.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Seems like PC gamers are more concerned with hardware and image quality then fun with friends
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Seems like PC gamers are more concerned with hardware and image quality then fun with friends

It is all about size I think....

I enjoy my 360 because if I have to fire up a PC to play a game...feels too much like work.

Also consoles have made game devs to clean up their code since there is only so much "room" to play with...

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#14]
sweet, its about time, considering all the tech developments and that developers have started to come out and talk about how they are now at the limits of the current consoles the sooner the better, from what i have read, a number of the bigger selling console titles have developers working next generation releases, gears of war and black ops are two that i have heard are working currently

in regards to the whole RROD stuff, honestly who cares, they take care of there product, for far longer than anybody eles in the electonics world, whats your average warranty like what 30 or 60 days?

even if they just brought consoles to current PC specs, we would see some incredable games , while PCs will allways be more powerful, the cost and complexity of staying current, will keep most gamers away, hence the reason all of my coworkes and friends play on console insted of PC

i wonder what price point they are shooting for most smart phones are what like 300 buks, most ipads/tablets are what 500-600 bucks, i can see them taking a lose on the hardware and making it back through xbox live,

over the past 6 years i have spent over 600 dollars on just the subscription to xbox live, thats not conting all the other retarded shit that i have bought off the market place, oh my avatar needs a pet, oh more content for a game, oh dont feel like going to redbox, ill rent a move on zune, for as much as they lost money on the xbox, they are rolling in money as a result of xbox live and there online communty
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If I want to play games with friends we play from the comfort of our own houses and get on ventrilo. Most of my gaming is done alone though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lulwut.
This is an excellent example of how liberals think. You just took reality, threw it right out the window, and made a declarative statement that has no rational basis whatsoever.

Ok let me break it down in simple economics.

You can take a screaming machine like a Larue OBR lite, and a budget work horse like a DPMS AR-15.

They both work with the same ammo, but the Larue will really shine. However, because DPMS sold 100 rifles for every 1 Larue sold, WAY WAY WAY more ammo was bought for the DPMS.

This is how the world works. People like cheap and plentiful. Manufacturers like to maximize profit. (Not bashing Larue, they are on my short list)

How many copies of New Vegas, Halo, Obliv, GTA, or any other blockbuster games would have sold if they were PC only in today's market?

Guess I'm an idiot for thinking logically.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lulwut.

Ok let me break it down in simple economics.

You can take a screaming machine like a Larue OBR lite, and a budget work horse like a DPMS AR-15.

They both work with the same ammo, but the Larue will really shine. However, because DPMS sold 100 rifles for every 1 Larue sold, WAY WAY WAY more ammo was bought for the DPMS.

This is how the world works. People like cheap and plentiful. Manufacturers like to maximize profit. (Not bashing Larue, they are on my short list)

How many copies of New Vegas, Halo, Obliv, GTA, or any other blockbuster games would have sold if they were PC only in today's market?

Guess I'm an idiot for thinking logically.

It's funny because every one of those (even Halo) are games/series that started on the PC, not to mention countless others that console players enjoy these days. Even Gears of War traces its roots to the PC where Epic Games got its start with the original Unreal.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well how about that.  Maybe they can incorporate the technology that PS3 has had for over 5 year

To be fair, the xbox had tricore 3.2ghz and so did the ps3 with a 3.2 ghz (6 core) but the idiots only stuck in 512 mhz of ram.

If they put 1 or more gigs we would have been fine with another 2 or 3 years.

I always thought they should do an upgradable console with the graphics card.

N64 did it.

Well, the CPU aside, the GPU in the Xbox 360 and PS3 are about on-par with the Radeon X1950, which was OK circa 2004-2005 and downright obsolete in 2011.

With the latest GPUs from NVidia and AMD, the next-gen consoles would be much improved considering the CPUs aren't really the limiting factor anymore. They have quad-core Core i7 CPUs running in laptops nowadays, in fact my laptop at work is a dual-core Core i7.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well how about that.  Maybe they can incorporate the technology that PS3 has had for over 5 year

To be fair, the xbox had tricore 3.2ghz and so did the ps3 with a 3.2 ghz (6 core) but the idiots only stuck in 512 mhz of ram.

N64 did it.

While a great idea, it seems too simple to work.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's funny because every one of those are games/series that started on the PC, not to mention countless others that console players enjoy these days.

Ironic, yes. But at the roots of those games (what like pre 2000) consoles really did BLOW.

I guess it is all in your priorities. I just can't fathom spending so much money on keeping a PC current. My laptop has an I7, 8 gigs of ram, an ATI 5870 GPU, and plays games pretty well. However maxing the graphics on the newer games slows the frame rate down too much for me. I just like popping in a game and playing, but not having any debugging tools on console really sucks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

N64 did it.

While a great idea, it seems too simple to work.  

I'm too lazy to go through the quotes. But teh PS3's CPU isn't that impressive. One central core with a bunch of little helpers that cant really do anything substantial on their own.

Make the xbox 720 an Intel i5 2500K or the i7 2600k with a GTX 580 and 3-6GB of triple channel DDR3. Make it $450 with wireless, 500GB harddrive, and possibly blue ray. In 2 years that hardware wouldn't be expensive when you are building in bulk and would be able to play anything your throw at it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm a very casual gamer. The only way X-Box gets my money is if I get blu-ray
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Great Microsoft now coming out with a new model..... its like special whatever fuck you from the console manufactor when you star to ask a question about backwards compatability.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, like a 7 Series GPU with 256mb of XDR RAM?  

The PS3 vs. 360 debate is so silly.  They are both nearly identical in capability.  It's even made more silly by the fact that both are running 6 year old hardware that was obsolete by 2006 and the debut of the 8 Series and R600 GPUs shortly thereafter.

ANY new console released today will be an order of magnitude more powerful than the PS3 or Xbox 360.

The really cool part is the the 360 and the PS3 still kick ass, so I'm sure I will be tickled freaking pink with whatever they come out with using future "obsolete" tech. Right now, I enjoy high def graphics on a 120" screen in my basement with 7.1 pounding. I don't know how the hell people can sit hunched over a 19" monitor at a desk with headphones, a mouse and a keyboard. That's the part of PC gaming I could never quite get into. I'm sure I could do some finaggling to get a PC gaming setup integrated into the system, but I don't want to tinker, I just want to play.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What, like a 7 Series GPU with 256mb of XDR RAM?  

The PS3 vs. 360 debate is so silly.  They are both nearly identical in capability.  It's even made more silly by the fact that both are running 6 year old hardware that was obsolete by 2006 and the debut of the 8 Series and R600 GPUs shortly thereafter.

ANY new console released today will be an order of magnitude more powerful than the PS3 or Xbox 360.

The really cool part is the the 360 and the PS3 still kick ass, so I'm sure I will be tickled freaking pink with whatever they come out with using future "obsolete" tech. Right now, I enjoy high def graphics on a 120" screen in my basement with 7.1 pounding. I don't know how the hell people can sit hunched over a 19" monitor at a desk with headphones, a mouse and a keyboard. That's the part of PC gaming I could never quite get into. I'm sure I could do some finaggling to get a PC gaming setup integrated into the system, but I don't want to tinker, I just want to play.

I'll grant you that.  They have both held up very well.  Hell, I still play original Xbox games from almost a decade ago all the time.

That said, I think people will be very surprised at what is possible when next generation tech makes its way into consoles.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I hope in 2 years the next gen consoles has all the specs off the high end computers now.

i7 4.0ghz, 32 gigs ram, 1tb hard drive, No disc format, high definition sound card.

Hell maybe even upgradeable.

It is much more satisfying to play on a 42 inch high definition 1080p screen from the comfort of your couch.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Honestly, you can build a nice gaming rig cheap nowadays.

I priced it out last week:

Intel i5 2500k @ 4+ GHz
nVidia 560 TI 1 GB video card
16 GB high performance RAM
ASRock P67 motherboard
10k RPM Western Digital Velociraptor drive
750W PC Power & Cooling PSU
Nice Cooler Master case

Granted, it's about $950 vs $250, but you don't have to spend a lot to build a real nice gaming rig.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny because every one of those are games/series that started on the PC, not to mention countless others that console players enjoy these days.

Ironic, yes. But at the roots of those games (what like pre 2000) consoles really did BLOW.

I guess it is all in your priorities. I just can't fathom spending so much money on keeping a PC current. My laptop has an I7, 8 gigs of ram, an ATI 5870 GPU, and plays games pretty well. However maxing the graphics on the newer games slows the frame rate down too much for me. I just like popping in a game and playing, but not having any debugging tools on console really sucks.

When Crysis came out (Nov 2007), I bought an Nvidia 8800GT for like $250 and upgraded my computer to an Intel quad core (Q8400) w 4GB of DDR2 and a new motherboard in May 2009 for another $350-$400 total. Last year I got an Nvidia GTX 460 for $220 or so late in the year. So in the past 4 years, I've spent $820-$870. It does not cost as much to run a decent PC as many in this thread make it out to be. It plays even the newer games pretty well. I do plan to do a big upgrade in the near future though with the release of Intel's LGA 2011 processors though because I want an unlocked processor and that will be $500ish. I could easily forgo it, but I have an excuse to do it (woman needs a new computer and I can just give her my components).
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An average pc gamer could have used, say, a 460, with a more normal 4/6gb of ram and played most games fine.  

PC graphics are better than console graphics? No fucking way! Yes I'm aware of this. However, a buddy wants to come over and play some 2K12, or CoD zombies on the 360? Great, bring... beer. If we were to do that on PC's? We would need another PC. No thanks. Maybe a buddy of mine wants to try out a game I bought? Take it to their place, have them install it, put a CD key and all that mess? No thanks, with a 360 I simply take the game, put it in their 360, and voila... no bullshit.

Consoles are MUCH cheaper than PC's. Every single time I upgraded my PC, I spent at the bare minimum of $400. That included at least a new motherboard, CPU, video card. Most of the time it was between $600 and $800, and this was every 2-2.5 years, depending on the game coming out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You don't get it man. You can have more fun with people playing on a PC. You won't be dealing with foul mouthed little kids on mood altering drugs. You'll be dealing with extremely capable nerds who know squad tactics and are capable of murdering the opposition in ways you never could with a consoles mini joysticks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Laptop hardware is half as powerful as the same hardware on a desktop. Manufacturers have to slow things down and reduce capability because it would suck up too much power and produce insane amounts of heat that would burn you.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Laptop hardware is half as powerful as the same hardware on a desktop. Manufacturers have to slow things down and reduce capability because it would suck up too much power and produce insane amounts of heat that would burn you.  

I dont know about that. My Laptop has an i5 and a 5650 which I can turn on and off and it runs Crysis nearly as good as my Core 2 duo @ 4Ghz with a 8800GT can.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I enjoy my 360 because if I have to fire up a PC to play a game...feels too much like work.

Also consoles have made game devs to clean up their code since there is only so much "room" to play with...

Damn right

Top, my current GPU. Bottom the one it replaced.
BTW, I'm more about the game play than the graphics and lately most games today are the same rehashed dumbed down crap that offers nothing new. Even the plots of the games are the same.

The game I've been spending most of my gaming time lately is a MMOPRG that was made back in 2003 and has a combat system that is unlike any other MMO I know of. Unfortunately the company running the game is a bunch of fuckwads more incompantant than Obama and his team. Yes, they divide by zero on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn right

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8581/sdc10019u.jpg
Top, my current GPU. Bottom the one it replaced.

BTW, I'm more about the game play than the graphics and lately most games today are the same rehashed dumbed down crap that offers nothing new. Even the plots of the games are the same.

The game I've been spending most of my gaming time lately is a MMOPRG that was made back in 2003 and has a combat system that is unlike any other MMO I know of. Unfortunately the company running the game is a bunch of fuckwads more incompantant than Obama and his team. Yes, they divide by zero on a daily basis.

I honestly found overclocking and building my PC to be funner then playing games. When I realized this and didn't play a single game for 3 weeks after getting this GTX 470 I sold it for a profit of $100 to someone in Australia.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

if they dont add bluray, they might as well not even release it. hddvd is a dead format.

People still buy media on a physical disc?

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#36]
I would rather just have a slim DVD drive like the wii has and a massive harddrive. A 1TB 3.5" would be fine with me to keep prices down even if it made the 720 slightly bigger
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A $250 console will in no way out-perform a $1,000+ PC.  That's just astonishingly ignorant.

Not to mention he has a gaming laptop....  

Yes I know such things exist, but c'mon you want to talk about PC gaming, at least use the right PC platform for gaming.  I'm talking SLI'd or Crossfired cards, 850+W PSU, 6 core 3.2 or higher processors, overclocking, 8 to 16 gigs of ram, triple monitors, so on and so forth....

....gaming laptop...lol

How much does all that gear cost vs an Xbox?

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Intel i5 2500k @ 4+ GHz

ASRock P67 motherboard

Nice Cooler Master case

Granted, it's about $950 vs $250, but you don't have to spend a lot to build a real nice gaming rig.

Don't forget Windows 7 OS, so that's another $100.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When Crysis came out (Nov 2007), I bought an Nvidia 8800GT for like $250 and upgraded my computer to an Intel quad core (Q8400) w 4GB of DDR2 and a new motherboard in May 2009 for another $350-$400 total. Last year I got an Nvidia GTX 460 for $220 or so late in the year. So in the past 4 years, I've spent $820-$870. It does not cost as much to run a decent PC as many in this thread make it out to be. It plays even the newer games pretty well. I do plan to do a big upgrade in the near future though with the release of Intel's LGA 2011 processors though because I want an unlocked processor and that will be $500ish. I could easily forgo it, but I have an excuse to do it (woman needs a new computer and I can just give her my components).
I spent $199 on my Xbox.  Period.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I hope they move away from a cd format for a game.  I don't want to have to get up if I want to play a different game.

I bet the publishers would love this. Moving to a download-only format would kill the second-hand market.

Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Need a realistic gun controller for MW.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Intel i5 2500k @ 4+ GHz
ASRock P67 motherboard
Nice Cooler Master case

Don't forget Windows 7 OS, so that's another $100.  

Already own a few.  BFD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Intel i5 2500k @ 4+ GHz

ASRock P67 motherboard

Nice Cooler Master case

That's the thing right there. Folks spouting "$250 dollars" don't remember the launch prices.  So I guess they will wait to pick up the new xbox after a couple years.  The PS3 was launched in '06 at $500 (20GB) and $600 (60GB).  $600 buys one awesome graphics card replacement nowadays.  Granted the 360 launch prices were way lower, but you had to buy the HD-DVD addon to watch hidef (I did /facepalm) and will most likely be included in the price of the next gen xbox.  XBOX360 launched in '05 at $300 for Arcarde/Core, $360 for the reg, $479 for the elite (later release). Yet again all those buy a pretty good graphics card update.  

You could get away with 8gb memory (shit, 6gb would be fine) on that build above and have no probs whatsoever evo462 and save some money

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 4:57:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Why do they call it xbox 720?  Because when you see it, you turn a 720 and walk away!

Just play it twice for the same effect.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:30:21 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do they call it xbox 720?  Because when you see it, you turn a 720 and walk away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL135uL2XZA

Is that Heath Ledger with the gun?  He played the best Riddler, much better than Jack Nicklaus.  Too bad he was murdered.

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL135uL2XZA

Is that Heath Ledger with the gun?  He played the best Riddler, much better than Jack Nicklaus.  Too bad he was murdered.

No that is Mel Gibson with the gun. Heath wasn't murdered either, he was transported back in time to shoot A Knights Tale 2: Taking Back Camelot

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Intel i5 2500k @ 4+ GHz
ASRock P67 motherboard
Nice Cooler Master case

That's the thing right there. Folks spouting "$250 dollars" don't remember the launch prices.  So I guess they will wait to pick up the new xbox after a couple years.  The PS3 was launched in '06 at $500 (20GB) and $600 (60GB).  $600 buys one awesome graphics card replacement nowadays.  Granted the 360 launch prices were way lower, but you had to buy the HD-DVD addon to watch hidef (I did /facepalm) and will most likely be included in the price of the next gen xbox.  XBOX360 launched in '05 at $300 for Arcarde/Core, $360 for the reg, $479 for the elite (later release). Yet again all those buy a pretty good graphics card update.  

You could get away with 8gb memory (shit, 6gb would be fine) on that build above and have no probs whatsoever evo462 and save some money

You realize that in five years after launch the xbox will still run all the new games while your graphics card will need to be upgraded.

For the lifespan of the Xbox 360 you would need to upgrade CPU's once, motherboard once, and your graphics card 3 times.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:42:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
You realize that in five years after launch the xbox will still run all the new games while your graphics card will need to be upgraded.
For the lifespan of the Xbox 360 you would need to upgrade CPU's once, motherboard once, and your graphics card 3 times.

Why will my graphics card need to be upgraded?  Why would I need a new CPU, current games aren't even optimized for multiple cores yet. (misread, understand what you mean) The xbox will not have as new of a card/as powerful in it as my PC. So what I won't be able to play Crisis 9 on XTREME! settings in 5 years with the same card...okay, but I'll still be able to play it and I'll still be able to play at levels unachievable on the consoles with my current graphics card.
Yall sound just like my brother, confusing folks that want to be on the bleeding edge of tech, and those that just want a good looking playable game.  Seems like useless discussion, like Apple< PC stuff. Oh and I own 360, PS3, and PC.  Shooters are more fun on PC, but all my friends are on PS3

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I'd like it to be referred to in radians.  The 4 pi!
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I hope in 2 years the next gen consoles has all the specs off the high end computers now.

i7 4.0ghz, 32 gigs ram, 1tb hard drive, No disc format, high definition sound card.

Hell maybe even upgradeable.

It is much more satisfying to play on a 42 inch high definition 1080p screen from the comfort of your couch.

And that is why the consoles will stay king

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top