Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Calguns.org is the backup server. I think the owner is working on the frontend to get .net back up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Was reading over on Castboolits and they said Geovario went down taking out Thehighroad.org, Snipershide, Calguns etc etc. Thats strange that all of a sudden this would happen?
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Calguns.org is the backup server. I think the owner is working on the frontend to get .net back up.

All of your posts regarding calguns/ GPal reek of affiliation.
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks like someone pulled the plug on Calguns Can you guys see it on your end

It is currently down.

Do you think law enforcement or FBI moved in on the servers?

Kestryll posted on the backup server,

Okay I found out what is up.
The main A/C unit in the server room went and the back-up unit couldn't handle the load so the automatic shutdown kicked in.

The A/C is being repaired as I type this and we should be back up shortly.

Sent from my iPhone.

follow up post:

So far the database server is up but the front end server is still not responding.
We're getting there.

Wonder if there will be "massive data loss"  when it comes back up.

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know if this has been posted already but he covered for him in the past.
Bill Wiese says:

February 19, 2010 at 3:16 pm
Remember that news reports like this are written by the cops feeding the info to the reporter. His job is easy if he just reports what he’s fed.
Also remember that most reporters are technically incompetent in a variety of areas.
1. $10K bail is way low if they really thought they had something. That kinda bail (for most folks =

$1K to get outta jail, I believe Ben used his black AmEx card to avoid paying bondsman) is just one

step above O.R.
2. No charges filed yet. If there were something, you’d figure it’d've hit by Monday.
3. The "scanner” was not a police scanner – it was a licensed 2-way business band radio for Ben’s other biz.
4. No ‘police lights’ were found in an inventory of Ben’s car. Ben’s car has unusual low-to-ground road lighting.

"Siren”? Um, burglar alarm everyone has.
5. Ben indeed has had numerous encounters with LE in that area for driving matters and is not too popular

with some cops there.
6. Ben would certainly NOT like to be perceived as a cop – that’s kinda a social step-down. Also his Facebook

page, demeanor and human interaction skills and relationships with women are far different from that of

the prototypical $9/hr security guard with a repainted used Crown Victoria and an LE "stranger ranger” fetish.
7. The woman involved making allegations may be one who has tried to contact, multiple times, Ben in relation

to GunPal work, business, etc.
Hell I used to have a roll of FlexCuffs in my old truck toolbox way back from the Rodney Riots days in the 90s.

There’s ammo floating around in it, plus spent brass. I also have some ham gear that looks like a scanner and

does cover some scanner frequencies. That’s it – I’m a cop wannabe!
-Bill Wiese

What he says on line 6 makes me rather angry.

Pretty funny from a guy that list his interests as playing with his cats, going to the symphony, and eating.  He's too sophisticated for police work.

Yeah... No kidding... These are a "different breed..."

He posted simular statements on this board
Ben wanting to pose as a cop is about like me wanting to pose as a DOJ agent, sewage worker, or state employee –– people of our

mindset are proud of being private sector and not as "part of the problem". (Actually, sewage worker is the most honorable and civically

useful of the occupations I listed.)

Now he's part of the problem.  What are "People of our mindset"?  Those that rip off people that are trusting them?  I get the feeling he was using ARFcom to further the interests of CalGuns and possibly GPal.  Plus, violating the COC by insulting an entire profession, of which there are many members of this site.  
When I first joined ARFcom, he was busy in the California HTF soliciting unsubstantiated information about LEOs having AR15s.  He sounded like a lawyer, but I guess he's not.  

IIRC this was to help identify cases LEO that had unregistered California 'Assault Weapons'; certain LEO believed they had a 'brass pass' to break the law in obtaining/possessing them.  Part of the fight against the crazy gun laws here.

Because of the statements listed above and other similar comments I have chosen not to donate to CGF and my donations go to CRPA and SAF instead.

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like we've all been banned for making shitty comments.
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a calguns/GPal enforcer who threatens to ban people if they dare to ask for their funds. Check screenshot on page 7 of this thread

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a calguns/GPal enforcer who threatens to ban people if they dare to ask for their funds. Check screenshot on page 7 of this thread

oohhhhhh.....makes sense now.

Hey 6172crew, since Ben won't answer the phone (or email and he lives to far for me to drive to his house), and he's clearly your buddy, give him a call and tell him to give me my damn money.  And NO he can't use it for his legal defense fund.
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know if this has been posted already but he covered for him in the past.

Bill Wiese says:

February 19, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Remember that news reports like this are written by the cops feeding the info to the reporter. His job is easy if he just reports what he’s fed.

Also remember that most reporters are technically incompetent in a variety of areas.

1. $10K bail is way low if they really thought they had something. That kinda bail (for most folks =

$1K to get outta jail, I believe Ben used his black AmEx card to avoid paying bondsman) is just one

step above O.R.

2. No charges filed yet. If there were something, you’d figure it’d've hit by Monday.

3. The "scanner” was not a police scanner – it was a licensed 2-way business band radio for Ben’s other biz.

4. No ‘police lights’ were found in an inventory of Ben’s car. Ben’s car has unusual low-to-ground road lighting.

"Siren”? Um, burglar alarm everyone has.

5. Ben indeed has had numerous encounters with LE in that area for driving matters and is not too popular

with some cops there.

6. Ben would certainly NOT like to be perceived as a cop – that’s kinda a social step-down. Also his Facebook

page, demeanor and human interaction skills and relationships with women are far different from that of

the prototypical $9/hr security guard with a repainted used Crown Victoria and an LE "stranger ranger” fetish.

7. The woman involved making allegations may be one who has tried to contact, multiple times, Ben in relation

to GunPal work, business, etc.

Hell I used to have a roll of FlexCuffs in my old truck toolbox way back from the Rodney Riots days in the 90s.

There’s ammo floating around in it, plus spent brass. I also have some ham gear that looks like a scanner and

does cover some scanner frequencies. That’s it – I’m a cop wannabe!

-Bill Wiese

What he says on line 6 makes me rather angry.

Pretty funny from a guy that list his interests as playing with his cats, going to the symphony, and eating.  He's too sophisticated for police work.

Yeah... No kidding... These are a "different breed..."

He posted simular statements on this board

Ben wanting to pose as a cop is about like me wanting to pose as a DOJ agent, sewage worker, or state employee –– people of our

mindset are proud of being private sector and not as "part of the problem". (Actually, sewage worker is the most honorable and civically

useful of the occupations I listed.)

Now he's part of the problem.  What are "People of our mindset"?  Those that rip off people that are trusting them?  I get the feeling he was using ARFcom to further the interests of CalGuns and possibly GPal.  Plus, violating the COC by insulting an entire profession, of which there are many members of this site.  

When I first joined ARFcom, he was busy in the California HTF soliciting unsubstantiated information about LEOs having AR15s.  He sounded like a lawyer, but I guess he's not.  

IIRC this was to help identify cases LEO that had unregistered California 'Assault Weapons'; certain LEO believed they had a 'brass pass' to break the law in obtaining/possessing them.  Part of the fight against the crazy gun laws here.

Because of the statements listed above and other similar comments I have chosen not to donate to CGF and my donations go to CRPA and SAF instead.

I used to belong (I guess I still do), but I quit going there specifically because of the BS about LEOs and the EBRs.  I also almost sent in money for the raffle, but it just didn't feel quite legit.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]

It's a personal forum for a few guys to make themselves look like big timers, further their own agendas, and fleece their members.  Sickening.

I also noticed that the CalGuns group are never paying members here (I could be wrong, but I haven't run into any) and come to this web site to pimp CalGuns.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Intersting...I haven't logged into calguns in over a year.  I just went to log in and it would appear as though my password has been reset.  My user email is he email I have been using to go back and forth with GPal....hmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's a personal forum for a few guys to make themselves look like big timers, further their own agendas, and fleece their members.  Sickening.

I also noticed that the CalGuns group are never paying members here (I could be wrong, but I haven't run into any) and come to this web site to pimp CalGuns.  

I'm a Calguns member and a paying member here.

Granted, I use Calguns mainly for the classifieds.

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a paying member on both sites.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a paying member on both sites.

I guess I was talking about the people on the board and their defenders.  Sorry to lump you guys in there with them.  For that matter, I am a member there also.  

Link Posted: 10/11/2010 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like he hasn't responded to a thread on calguns in over a week.  Maybe he's on the run.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Naa, probably another mototcycle race...
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I am going to put together an honest Payment Service just so I don't have to put up with any of the "Pals" anymore.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I am going to put together an honest Payment Service just so I don't have to put up with any of the "Pals" anymore.

Paypal has been working perfectly for me over the years. As long as they don't know what your buying or selling they could careless, just don't put AK-47 in your title and you will be fine. Thousands and thousands of people use Paypal for gun related transactions with no problems, just fly under there radar...

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#22]
GPAL finally got their BBB rating

F
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

F

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

F

It ain't pretty.

Based on BBB files, GPal has a BBB Rating of  F on a scale from A+ to F.

Reasons for this rating include:

• Length of time business has been operating.

• 53 complaints filed against business

• 14 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.

• 16 serious complaints filed against business.

• Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/banking-services/gpal-in-healdsburg-ca-365342

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like he's having fun out on the town while other people are still missing there money...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=1025498&postcount=2710
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like he's having fun out on the town while other people are still missing there money...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=1025498&postcount=2710

That just pisses me off.  Someone should just slap that smug grin off his face.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Hi folks...

I am f*****g beyond mad with Ben Cannon.   HIs lack of communication these last couple of months is just plain wrong.  
He's certainly abused past friendships, along with customers (and, I've heard, employees) and done a disservice to
a ton of good folk.

I think if he'd let people know there were startup or staffing problems (or whatever there are, we friggin' dunno)  there would
be a tad more understanding.   All we can do is wait and see, because talking to him months ago - "fix your delays" -  hain't
worked and he started doing motorcycle race sponsor crap instead.  Goes to show you how much influence nonemployeees
and gunnies have.  [Support by various folks for Ben in a past automotive drama w/some local LE in which he was cleared
right after shouldn't be construed as support for his current business conduct –– nor should support for GunPal's conceptual
existence and lack of worry about initial teething pains be construed as support for outta-hand unexplained delays and non
performance and lack of communications these last few months.  All we can do is wait & see with the rest.

Now, as far as a post above where some people discussed being butt-hurt about my past pursuit of CA LEOs illegally owning
AWs with their 'brass pass'  -

1.  The need for that has somewhat been diluted post-RKBA-incorporation, and with some new strategies.

2.  Such a cop will prob get off with at best a ding on his record;  the real aftereffect will be in the DA's office and
    possible case reopening costs, etc.  (Brady/Giglio credibility  issues).  From
    that, political pressure can be  generated for 'fixup' laws.  The goal was less to 'bust a cop' but to provisionally
    use such information against DA  office.  (Remember that a cop illegally committing what can be a felony violation
    was armed by the city or county, which creates a rich field of play.)

And just because the cop got in some drama doesn't mean we wouldn't quietly help him (which would help us
    get to another goal...)

3.  Certain situations it could be useful in defending someone on an OLL/AW charge and stop AW enforcement in a whole
    county;   (after the Beverly Hills cop was busted for AW/SBRs he got off because of "complexity".  I think it's gonna
    be hard to do future such busts in that area given that screwup by LA DA office)

4.  CGF would *LOVE* to defend a cop on an AW violation to move toward a 'non-clarity' ruling in court -  we almost got there
    1.5 yrs ago, in the 2007  CA DOJ vs. Contos case - the DOJ fled, leaving a factual finding of innocence.  This was a
    Deputy AG (Alison's) last gasp and one of the things that led her out the door.  

Remember, things where there is a mix of confusion and conflict in the law,  it gives us opportunities to exploit and take
    bad gun laws down!

Perfect example:  our Sykes case and the issues it delved into, combined with some
    budget issues as political cover,  drove Sacramento County into de facto shall-issue CCW - making 'good cause' be
    personal protection, and 'good character' being non-felon, non-recent violent misdemeanant nor recent heavy drug charge.
    In fact the most important thing  for a person now applying for CCW in Sacramento is to remember to not drool on the form and
    to write legibly!  :)

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Bill,

I'm glad you are seeing the problem we are having. There is a ton of good folks that have been and still are being hurt by this. We try to be civil, and keep things toned down, but, as I'm sure by your post, everyone has a limit.

We, as Gpal users, have been treated like mushrooms since we started trying to get our money from Ben. We have no idea what is going on, which can lead to speculation. It has also led to many of us filing complaints with authorities. We had no choice, as many of us depend on the income Ben is holding from us, to feed our families, put gas in our car, and purchase materials for our businesses.

I wish everyone on CGN would have the same "eye opening" as you appear to have had. We've tried to explain who we are, and, logic would dictate that if we were using Gpal, we MUST be pro-gun, as all of you are. Many of us were not treated very well when we posted over on the CGN forum. We were treated like trespassers, as opposed to fellow gun owners  that are having a problem with a vendor there.

Thank you for your post here.

GROG
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Hi folks...

I am f*****g beyond mad with Ben Cannon.   HIs lack of communication these last couple of months is just plain wrong.  

He's certainly abused past friendships, along with customers (and, I've heard, employees) and done a disservice to

a ton of good folk.
<Snip>

Now, as far as a post above where some people discussed being butt-hurt about my past pursuit of CA LEOs illegally owning

<Snip>

Bill Wiese

San Jose CA

It's a little more than this Bill.  You've let your feelings be known how you feel about LEOs, and it's pretty shitty.  Thanks for painting a whole profession with a wide brush.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bill,

I'm glad you are seeing the problem we are having. There is a ton of good folks that have been and still are being hurt by this. We try to be civil, and keep things toned down, but, as I'm sure by your post, everyone has a limit.

We, as Gpal users, have been treated like mushrooms since we started trying to get our money from Ben. We have no idea what is going on, which can lead to speculation. It has also led to many of us filing complaints with authorities. We had no choice, as many of us depend on the income Ben is holding from us, to feed our families, put gas in our car, and purchase materials for our businesses.

I wish everyone on CGN would have the same "eye opening" as you appear to have had. We've tried to explain who we are, and, logic would dictate that if we were using Gpal, we MUST be pro-gun, as all of you are. Many of us were not treated very well when we posted over on the CGN forum. We were treated like trespassers, as opposed to fellow gun owners  that are having a problem with a vendor there.

Thank you for your post here.
GROG

Grog,

Given I have worked at many startups,  I understand 'teething pain' and figured the early drama regarding
individual transactions was indeed that.

GPal was certainly a good idea, and various individuals supported it conceptually because it was a refutation
of antigunner Meg Whitman's PayPal.  (The original "Pay Pal mafia" were libertarian pro-gunners but after Ebay
took it over all that flavor went bye-bye.)

Problems are problems but when there's no communications then it gets stupid - and when the motorcycle
race crap, began various folks told Ben to "tend kitchen" and "mind the store" and he apparently (obviously)
didn't, that's what began the P-O factor.   I'm guessing but I think he prob thought "throw up a website and
the transactions take care of themselves".

We'll just have to wait, see and hope.

Regards,
Bill

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Sometimes it is hard not to do so. The "us versus them" attitude is common even on gun boards. A LEO member of CGN got publically slapped for "joking" about killing open carry advocates. I've seen LEOs on this site tirelessly defend unjustified or suspect shootings of unarmed individuals. They're just as bad as the ones that mindlessly bash LEOs, but at least their beliefs don't endanger the public when acted upon.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi folks...
a ton of good folk.
<Snip>
<Snip>
Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

It's a little more than this Bill.  You've let your feelings be known how you feel about LEOs, and it's pretty shitty.  Thanks for painting a whole profession with a wide brush.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
<Snip>
<Snip>

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

It's a little more than this Bill.  You've let your feelings be known how you feel about LEOs, and it's pretty shitty.  
Thanks for painting a whole profession with a wide brush.

Perhaps I get jaded.  But when we  see the LEOs that support AW bans, that screw up and arrest people for
non-crimes,  that shoot, fondle and damage unconvicted folks' guns in inventory, we get an understandably
negative view.  The overaggressive Riverside and other OC LE harrassments of legit OLL owners by various
cops was way over the top.    The arrest for legal UOC in San Diego was way over the top - and these were
supposedly gun-knowledgeable cops.  (Of course, $35K lawsuit settlement is a nice reward.)  

There are indeed some good cops out there (esp Calgunners) but man oh man we do run into a lotta problem children.
As a few more CGF cases develop you'll see some more atrocious behavior.  

One anti UOC cop threatened to prone out UOCers and "take two weeks vacation"  (i.e, kill the dude for fake threat,
and let the magic investigation grind to a preordained conclusion).   That individual should NOT be a cop and
any cop that defends that conduct should not be one either.  This is not Aregentina with roving death squads for
the politically inappropriate - and UOC is a political expression, since it sure as hell ain't much use for defense.

BTW, I've never seen any other group really that worried about the regard of their profession vs. themselves.
It's kinda unique.  My profession has idiots and bad apples and dolts in it and yet justifiable attacks on them
don't aggrieve me...

-Bill

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Sometimes it is hard not to do so. The "us versus them" attitude is common even on gun boards. A LEO member of CGN got publically slapped for joking about killing open carry advocates.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi folks...

a ton of good folk.
<Snip>

<Snip>

Bill Wiese

San Jose CA

I recall that and he was wrong for acting that way.  He deserved to get slapped.  That's not what I was referring to.  Bill is a Director at CGF and what he said was inappropriate.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Perhaps it was (it's a matter of opinion), but it was definitely incorrect. Being a LEO would not be a step down for Benjamin Cannon, because he is just a failed businessman with the traits of a con-man. It's also true that his record would likely make it impossible for him to enter law enforcement.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes it is hard not to do so. The "us versus them" attitude is common even on gun boards. A LEO member of CGN got publically slapped for joking about killing open carry advocates.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi folks...

a ton of good folk.
<Snip>

<Snip>

Bill Wiese

San Jose CA

I recall that and he was wrong for acting that way.  He deserved to get slapped.  That's not what I was referring to.  Bill is a Director at CGF and what he said was inappropriate.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Perhaps it was (it's a matter of opinion), but it was definitely incorrect. Being a LEO would not be a step down for
Benjamin Cannon, because he is just a failed businessman with the traits of a con-man. It's also true that his record
would likely make it impossible for him to enter law enforcement.

Perhaps.

However that actual road stop matter back then was indeed entirely BS and I'm wondering how that case even got as
far as it did.  I do know Ben drives like nuts and is certainly not a friend of the po-lice up there for that alone. And I
dislike the way news quoted PD inventory phrasing - minor investigation would have shown exaggeration.
So without forgiving GPal policies and noncommunication etc that matter stood on its own and indeed went away.
It was a bad arrest and the SRPD officers should indeed have been castigated regardless of what future matters
transpired  w/Gpal.

I also do agree that there are some people with too much drama in their lives.  Funny, I never get stopped much
and when I have I've been sitting on a friggin' arsenal and had no problems (not that anyone knew ).   But somehow
a well-spoken guy in a clean vehicle with haircut and pressed shirt and Rolex who doesn't yell seems to not have drama.  

-Bill

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#36]
LOL....GPal CS rep masquerading as  "George Hammond" and "Chad Smith" has been outed on calguns, where he goes by the handle name pullnshoot25. Somebody needs to shut down them cocksucking roaches.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Kestryll sure hit that one fast, but I have no idea what you are talking about. pullnshoot25 is an open carry advocate in Southern California.

Quoted:

LOL....GPal CS rep masquerading as  "George Hammond" and "Chad Smith" has been outed on calguns, where he goes by the handle name pullnshoot25. Somebody needs to shut down them cocksucking roaches.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Kestryll sure hit that one fast, but I have no idea what you are talking about. pullnshoot25 is an open carry advocate in Southern California.
Quoted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
Interesting, so PNS works for GPal? In what capacity?

Have you ever wondered who "George Hammond" or "Chad Smith" really are?
He isn't the only Calgunner/Gpal employee who hasn't disclosed his affiliation while simultaneously defending Ben and/or Gpal.
DedEye
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

<Snip>

<Snip>

Bill Wiese

San Jose CA

It's a little more than this Bill.  You've let your feelings be known how you feel about LEOs, and it's pretty shitty.  

Thanks for painting a whole profession with a wide brush.

Perhaps I get jaded.  But when we  see the LEOs that support AW bans, that screw up and arrest people for

non-crimes,  that shoot, fondle and damage unconvicted folks' guns in inventory, we get an understandably

negative view.  The overaggressive Riverside and other OC LE harrassments of legit OLL owners by various

cops was way over the top.    The arrest for legal UOC in San Diego was way over the top - and these were

supposedly gun-knowledgeable cops.  (Of course, $35K lawsuit settlement is a nice reward.)  

There are indeed some good cops out there (esp Calgunners) but man oh man we do run into a lotta problem children.

As a few more CGF cases develop you'll see some more atrocious behavior.  

One anti UOC cop threatened to prone out UOCers and "take two weeks vacation"  (i.e, kill the dude for fake threat,

and let the magic investigation grind to a preordained conclusion).   That individual should NOT be a cop and

any cop that defends that conduct should not be one either.  This is not Aregentina with roving death squads for

the politically inappropriate - and UOC is a political expression, since it sure as hell ain't much use for defense.

BTW, I've never seen any other group really that worried about the regard of their profession vs. themselves.

It's kinda unique.  My profession has idiots and bad apples and dolts in it and yet justifiable attacks on them

don't aggrieve me...

Except the Gpal / CG attacks.  
-Bill

I looked and looked for that San Diego case.  I finally found it.  It's a Federal case.  CGF, if they were indeed behind the defense in this case (I see that the attorney is a board member), dropped the ball on this.  Not only did they NOT get a precedent setting ruling, they settled with the City and the City got a pass.  They settled WITHOUT admitting ANY wrongdoing.  The only training they are getting is a memo at line up stating the law regarding open carry.  The FFI and the $35,000 went to one individual, who was wronged.  His arrest and court information is in the system and will never be erased.  

Your absurd comparisons diminish your credibility.  All of you on the CGs/CGF board have coddled Ben and given him a "Brass Pass" on his activities. In the latest CGF email I received, CGF was still using GPal for donations.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In the latest CGF email I received, CGF was still using GPal for donations.  

I remember one of the CGF members stating tht that was a mistake, that he forgot to update the email template before he sent ouf the email.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember one of the CGF members stating tht that was a mistake, that he forgot to update the email template before he sent ouf the email.

If I had a web site and someone associated with it was ripping off people that visited my site, I'd make it a priority to remove any association with him.  Is CGF that incompetent or arrogant?  Their priorities and loyalty concerning Ben are a huge disappointment.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#42]
1387Delta
I looked and looked for that San Diego case. I finally found it. It's a Federal case. CGF, if they were indeed behind the defense
in this case (I see that the attorney is a board member), dropped the ball on this. Not only did they NOT get a precedent setting
ruling, they settled with the City and the City got a pass.

We listen to real attorneys who get what they can in the best way possible.  The attorney was Jason Davis,
who is not a CGF board member but whom we work with frequently.   Jason Davis is a big reason we have
black rifles in CA as well as other DOJ regulatory processes being stopped.  

It seems single incidences of short-term 'false arrest' cases etc. don't generally rise to "higher levels" than this,
but future instances that duplicate this can trigger 1983 violations.   If Wolanyk gets popped another time, or
another case has the 'same features' for similar person, that's when things can escalate.  

This was the best outcome given the situation and indeed "registered" there and elsewhere.  I do not think
UOCers will be harassed in this form again, although aggressive 12031(e) checks will likely continue in
full swing "just 'cuz they can".

They settled WITHOUT admitting ANY wrongdoing. The only training they are getting is a memo at line up stating
the law regarding open carry. The FFI and the $35,000 went to one individual, who was wronged. His arrest and court
information is in the system and will never be erased.

I believe that was necessary to get the job done. However, the writing is on the wall to anyone reading it that this was
their screwup.

Also, there is agreement to "Seal and Destroy" arrest records per 851.8PC  /  FFI
http://ia311025.us.archive.org/2/items/gov.uscourts.casd.308072/gov.uscourts.casd.308072.25.1.pdf

1.  FFIs also negate deriving any meaning such info.  It's the same as if they arrested the wrong "Joe Smith" #529 instead
of #73.  Nobody cares.  Mr. Wolanyk seems happy with this - and he's the client being represented.   A person with
only an FFI such as this should not have any drama with employment, etc.

2.  This settlment again has practical consequences.  We are aware other agencies are now on notice, plus if
there's further similar drama we can "go 1983".   1983s are best after 'pattern of behavior' instead of on a
single datapoint.

As far as the Gpal moniker stuck on the email footer, that is indeed some unfortunate file residue and Kestryll
is fixing that. It's part of the email blast system that was set up some time ago.  Sometimes when you're an all-
volunteer org little administriva things slip up.  

In no way has Ben Cannon been part of CGF since beginning of year, and concerns about GPs operations
(and certainly lack of speed/communications) were expressed apparently without their being digested and
esp as early teething pains (which would be understandable in a startup) seem to have become of a different
nature later in the year, or at least the entire lack of friggin' communication has made it seem that way.

-Bill

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that's correct... More interesting though is that he even mentioned that "oops" that email was sent to Ben Cannon to be sent out via the automated system... (as was the past practice with such things) so... Ben is the one who sent that email actually... you can find that posting on the behemoth castboolits thread where it was admitted to by one of the GCF board members, I forget who now, but it's there!!! Perhaps someone can refresh my memory? was it "the quark?"
Mike B
ETA: here is the posting... HERE
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#44]

In no way has Ben Cannon been part of CGF since beginning of year, and concerns about GPs operations
(and certainly lack of speed/communications) were expressed apparently without their being digested and
esp as early teething pains (which would be understandable in a startup) seem to have become of a different
nature later in the year, or at least the entire lack of friggin' communication has made it seem that way.

-Bill

Don't know you Bill but it sure looks like you're in damage control mode - wasting space and time here as far as I am concerned because calguns was and is complicit in gunpal crimes against Americans.   I'm done there and I suspect ultimately you guys will be building yourselves a new customer base (best case scenario) over there at calguns because ot his mess and your reponse to it.

ETA: here is the posting... HERE

That post pretty much seals it for me....as the poster talks of "letting Cannon back in..."   after he clears this stuff up.  

To me, you simply don't ever involve yourself with a scumbag like Cannon once he is outed.  You take the loss if necessary, but you get clear and stay clear of him forever.   The fact that CalGuns was or is planning on reinstating this guy to (even) membership status after the smoke clears is evidence to me that all of those runnning CalGuns have huge character issues.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow looks like the Calguns mods are working over time now that the long time members are trying to call out the Gpal shills and questioning Kestryll's judgement of such post/thread deletions.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Bill W, how do you justify having Kestryll remain a director at CGF? His actions on the forum reflect on the foundation.

If CGF is serious about its mission, it will flush anyone that is involved with the administration/ownership of the forum.  Until then it looks like a bunch of buddies playing word games to claim no association with the other's bad deeds.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#47]
I see very civil talk here, but slightly off topic calguns hasnt taken money from me, but since your defending him how about it Bill you wanna give me my $68? One less complaint is one less its been four months now, with all the money Ben has stolen from us, whoever is holding the money has probably gained that much in interest by now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#48]
So I did some homework on what it would take to start up a company like the "Pals".

Very interesting findings... It's not that Visa and Mastercard hate firearms in general, they hate "Payment Aggregators" more. The business model has very high risk of fraud and charge backs so 99.9999% of merchant service providers will flat out tell you HELL NO when applying. I think GPal might have misstated their business purpose in order to get the merchant and ACH accounts and then got slapped with fees, jacked up rates, reserves and fines from Visa (Which is where the money went).

They're most likely trying to recoup the losses and get back on their feet, Peter vs. Paul while paying off fines at the same time. There's a reason why there are very few Paypal's in business, the rest of the guys go offshore to European Banks.

Here's a brief article on the situation with Aggregators... http://www.braintreepaymentsolutions.com/blog/high-risk-mechant-account-third-party-payments-aggregation
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bill W, how do you justify having Kestryll remain a director at CGF? His actions on the forum reflect on the foundation.

If CGF is serious about its mission, it will flush anyone that is involved with the administration/ownership of the forum.  Until then it looks like a bunch of buddies playing word games to claim no association with the other's bad deeds.

Sadly it's not just kestryll......CGN/CGF leadership network hyped and pushed Ben and his scheme on the very people they claim to represent. Now that his ship is sunk, they are trying to distance themselves.Make no mistake, they are on Ben side regardless of what they say or write. The ties run deep. I remember many CGF board members belittle victims of Ben not long ago. Glad they do not represent me.Any organization that promote a swindler has lost all respect, Calguns group is one of them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#50]
.Any organization that promote a swindler has lost all respect, Calguns group is one of them.

Exactly.  

Page / 20
Top Top