Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Balloon:
If you could all pray for my friend Dan, it would be greatly appreciated.  

He's been struggling with addiction and has gone through rehab, but my wife got a cryptic phone call tonight at work with him telling her that he had relapsed.
We're worried that he might disappear again (the last time he was found a few states over and unconscious at a train station), and
we're both obviously concerned that, well...

She offered to take him in tonight if he needs a place to stay, but since he's not at home, we don't know what else to do.  

He's a good guy, truly, he just hates himself a great deal, even though he's loved by a great many folk.

...Wish I knew why.  

Thanks for your time and consideration.

We will all keep Dan in our prayers daily!

Please keep us up-dated on his situation!

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 4/10/2013 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]
A coworker  is taking off work to stay w/a family member who is basically dying before his eyes...terminal illness that the Dr's had thought they had a little more  time...the Dr's were wrong.  

He & the family are pretty tore up about it...

plz pray for him & his family..
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SAE:

Thanks,

SAE

He he texted us back the following day to let us know that he was okay.

We've been calling and texting him the last few days, so...thank you guys for everything.  Truly, it means worlds to us.

I really wish I knew why he hates himself so much.  It breaks my heart.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 12:02:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#4]
Originally Posted By Balloon:

Thanks,

SAE

He he texted us back the following day to let us know that he was okay.

We've been calling and texting him the last few days, so...thank you guys for everything.  Truly, it means worlds to us.

I really wish I knew why he hates himself so much.  It breaks my heart.  

Amen to the power of prayer, and through the Holy Spirit of God, in which we recieve all things!

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
This prayer request isn't for any particular individual, but I think it's appropriate. Our nation is sick, really sick.
It's labeling freedom as restrictive, and restrictions on freedom as freedom.
It is labeling good as evil, and evil as good, just as the Bible states will happen in the last days.

I don't know what the future holds for America so far as the last days and prophecy, but I always believed that we would play a major role for the good guys. I'm beginning to doubt that now.

So I ask that we gather together and ask our Heavenly Father to forgive us, soften our hearts, and turn us back to Him. I ask that we not be delivered into captivity of our foreign or domestic enemies, and that the sleeping giant awakens and seeks His guidance in all things.

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By pavlovwolf:
This prayer request isn't for any particular individual, but I think it's appropriate. Our nation is sick, really sick.
It is labeling good as evil, and evil as good, just as the Bible states will happen in the last days.

I don't know what the future holds for America so far as the last days and prophecy, but I always believed that we would play a major role for the good guys. I'm beginning to doubt that now.

So I ask that we gather together and ask our Heavenly Father to forgive us, soften our hearts, and turn us back to Him. I ask that we not be delivered into captivity of our foreign or domestic enemies, and that the sleeping giant awakens and seeks His guidance in all things.

Amen,  pray for our nation and our brothers and sisters in Israel, that they may someday find true peace.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 3:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#7]
Originally Posted By Zoomer:

Amen,  pray for our nation and our brothers and sisters in Israel, that they may someday find true peace.

LORD, since my youth they have often attacked me------so let Israel say-----Since my youth they too have often attacked me, but they have not prevailed against me. Plowmen plowed over my back; and they made their furrows long. The LORD is righteous; he has cut the ropes of the wicked. Let all who hate Zion be driven back in disgrace. Let them be like grass on the rooftops, which withers before it has a chance to grow up and can't even fill the hands of the reaper or into the arms of the one who binds sheaves.Then none who pass by will say, May the LORD's blessing be on you.''

We bless you in the name of the LORD.

Psalm129: Protection for the oppressed as an imminent circumstance concerning God's people as a humbly given and stated prayer of petition before the Father in Jesus' name*

For Zion's sake we will never be silent again!

Amen*

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 10:50:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: B62stew] [#8]
Could y'all pray for me.  I was informed yesterday that the horse that I  have posted about before has been donated to another ranch and will be picked up Monday. Once I got the text I went back to the ranch and talked to the owner, while I knew that there was nothing that I could do at this point, I wanted to/ needed to spend time with her.  Yesterday (Saturday) was when I rode her inside and outside the arena, and just spent time being with her not doing anything else but riding, grazing, and just being close to her.  Today (Sunday) I went out and bathed and groomed (body clipped) her for the last time.  I was told by an English professor that horses do not cry (we were going over the Iliad); I told him that horses mourn the loss of a heard member. I am now convinced that they can feel so much emotional pain to the point where they shed tears. Despite what the experts say.  Her ears would perk up at the sound of me singing Jesus Loves Me or the chorus of another worship song.  I am not mad, but sad.  She is going to be three to four hours away from where she was living.  The place where is going is supposed to be big, She will have her own stall and other things as well as a huge pasture to graze and be 'a living lawn ornament'  ....This is her retirement.......  I have been reciting Jeremiah 29:11 all day to her as well as to myself.  In my heart I know The Lord knows what HE is doing but It still sucks, still Hurts.  I will still help the owner out with her operation on the ranch when I can.

This photo of some ugly guy and a beautiful horse was taken today.  After the grooming and bathing was done.
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I still need prayer for my health

I've been seeing a chiropractor for my back and I think it has helped some, but he only wants to give it another week before doing an MRI.  Getting the MRI pretty much means they're trying to figure what sort of surgical procedure to do.  I was really hoping to avoid surgery, but being miserable everyday is unacceptable to me so, if that's what it takes, then I could use some prayer that the surgeon will do a good job.
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JamesP81:
I still need prayer for my health

I've been seeing a chiropractor for my back and I think it has helped some, but he only wants to give it another week before doing an MRI.  Getting the MRI pretty much means they're trying to figure what sort of surgical procedure to do.  I was really hoping to avoid surgery, but being miserable everyday is unacceptable to me so, if that's what it takes, then I could use some prayer that the surgeon will do a good job.

Lord Jesus your are our healer may you guide the hands of the doctor to bring relief and healing to this man, this brother in christ. May his pain be taken and his body restored to a state of good health so he can return to serving you dear Lord. We ask that by your stripes he be HEALED. Thank you almighty father, we love you and adore you, you are worthy of all praise and glory holy father. Amen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 1:46:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Turnkey] [#13]
I never ask for prayer but here goes: I have some health issues that have been afflicting me for awhile, I had some surgery right after Christmas

My wife also has some issues, she had some cancer removed in Sept and has one more surgery upcoming this summer

So what I'm asking for is prayers for my health and my wife's  ( Gary &  Charlene )

I'd also like to ask and this is probably the most important, prayers for my salvation

Link Posted: 5/20/2013 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Turnkey,
Salvation is right there brother.  God is waiting on all, but only some will accept and believe.  I pray for you and your wife.  God loves you and wants you to be His son.  Your problems and sins have already been forgiven.  Believe and trust in Him and what Christ has done for you, when you truly accept and believe is when it starts you down the path.  Go to different churches in your area and pray for God's will in where He wants you to go.  Church should be a second family to you when you find the right one .

If you all don't mind I ask for prayer for my wife.  Today she was outside mowing for me while I was at work and after she got done began to have some missed heartbeats and would become short of breath with each occurrence.  The frequency is becoming less but she is worried and I am as well.  Going to try to get in to our primary doctor ASAP to get her checked out.  It worries me because she is 28 and in good health.

Love in Christ,
Ryan
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 1:40:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#15]
Originally Posted By Turnkey:
I never ask for prayer but here goes: I have some health issues that have been afflicting me for awhile, I had some surgery right after Christmas

My wife also has some issues, she had some cancer removed in Sept and has one more surgery upcoming this summer

So what I'm asking for is prayers for my health and my wife's  ( Gary &  Charlene )

I'd also like to ask and this is probably the most important, prayers for my salvation

To the dear and great Father who is in heaven,

Father God, only You can know how great an honor and privelige that it is to come in this very special way to petition You and to be with You, O' Great Father of the All of Creation Eternal!

Father, we ask You now in Jesus' name, or the Name, right now to come by the power of the Holy Spirit and reside in the life of turnkey (Gary) and richly compel him by the love that You have always had for him to bring him to the understanding the he (Gary)  is saved by Your grace in Jesus Christ if You have called him to be this way O' Great Father of Lights!

So then, in Jesus name, wake him up spiritually and confirm now Gary's calling according to the great and perfecting fact that he is saved by You, and Your election concerning his eternal status and position in the kingdom of God, here on earth now and to him personally. And it is by these things if called by this eternal calling in Christ forever that will lift Gary up by the saving blood of the Lamb with Christ now seated in the heavenly places as Creator, as it has always been with Him who is God's own Elect since before the begining of time in eternity and by the Spirit of God who lives within each of us. Now and always ''in Him'' as now we are in Christ as the Father has given us to Him(Jesus) from the begining for Christ to prove His awesome and saving power toward us who have always loved Him and from before human creation known Him!

Amen and Amen to God and the Spirit who confirms all things in Jesus' name and not just with mere words but with the power to bring forth truth, that truth which is Jesus Christ, You O' Great King now and forever!

Thank You LORD, for dying on the cross so that we through You could conquer our sin and by the blood of the eternal Lamb, so that we who are called by the Name could live with You as Your loyal servants in the House of Judah, Your House O' Lord forever!

Forever and Amen for Gary in the day of his acceptable time to live in Christ and to be changed in an instant from death into eternal life by the power of his own confession concerning You!

Link Posted: 6/12/2013 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't post much. But due to some recent events my life has been turned upside down. I feel like it is a daily struggle for me just to get out of bed and go through my daily routine. I am heartbroken and i feel like i am sad all the time. I am a Christian and a true believer in the healing power of Jesus our Lord. I believe that he can mend my broken heart.  I dont want to be sad all the time, I dont want to keep looking back at what i have lost, but rather i want to have faith that the Lord is allowing me to go through this battle in order to learn and be strengthened, I believe that he has a plan and that after this valley something even greater will be waiting for me. I believe that the Lord is doing this for a reason and that he already knows the outcome, and that he has wonderful things in store for me. But i truly ask for your prayers in that I would trust in the Lord with all my heart. That I would find peace in this that i can lay down at night and sleep. That I would grow closer to him in this and learn to trust him completely. I want to be able to praise his holy name and be a witness to those around me rather than walking with my head hung low. Please pray for me that i can be content with what i have and no longer think about what i have lost, that I will have true peace and joy once again. Thank you all!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Mountaineer86,  prayers sent for you brother.  Read the book of Job.  He went through so much, yet always kept his faith.  He loves you!  You can do all things through Him!!!

Ryan
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you Ryan! Actually I have been reading Job alot lately, and Psalms. Thank you for your prayers! I need them!
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 3:08:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#19]

Link Posted: 7/3/2013 3:09:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#20]

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got some big decisions coming up this week and could use some prayer for guidance, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I need prayer for, of all things, my prayer life. My prayer life is stone cold dead. I find that I can't pray even when I try for one major reason.

I am profoundly angry at God. At times, enraged even. I can't pray for more than 10 seconds without getting angry. Never thought something like this would happen to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I seem sometimes to get the same way in my prayer life...  Especially before going to bed.  I find my best times when "talking" to God are when I just talk to Him...  He is always here, why not take advantage of it. Doesn't seem to me to far out of context.

Ryan
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Haven't posted in this forum for a while and I apologize.  But figured I'd ask here.  

My in laws are coming to stay.  It's always very stressful.  It's for this week Saturday to next Sunday.  Lots of issues to deal with.  Starting with parents that still treat their daughter like she's 10 type stuff.  Etc.   It's gotten better over the years but I carry all the bad memories from the past.  

Plus, my father in law isn't doing too well.  He's on oxygen right now and that is going to play a part.  I myself have lyme disease and can't be a lot of help myself.  But disrupting my "routine" usually has negative affects on my system too.  And my in laws are just kind of drama producing people and the stress level seems to skyrocket.  And my wife gets caught up in it.  Where as myself am more naturally low key and like to keep my house peaceful.  Which goes out the window when they're around.  

Anyways.....  too much to ask for other than strength for me, peace for all of us.  No bad problems.  That my kids behave and that my own health doesn't degrade too much.  More than likely there will be problems, but I sure would like to avoid them.  But if I can't I need the strength to deal with them as respectful as possible, without stressing too much.  And coming to a common understanding.  

Thank you all.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JamesP81:
I need prayer for, of all things, my prayer life. My prayer life is stone cold dead. I find that I can't pray even when I try for one major reason.

I am profoundly angry at God. At times, enraged even. I can't pray for more than 10 seconds without getting angry. Never thought something like this would happen to me.
View Quote

I get mad at God a lot too because of my "lot in life".  But better to be mad at him than just not acknowledge him at all.  Job questioned his problems to God.  

I pray you make it through the hard times and still turn to God, no matter what your emotions are doing.  He's here for us.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Another prayer request.  A member on this site is in a foreign land and could be in some danger.  His screen name is WilsonCQB1911.  I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to say.  But he and his family could use some prayers for protection.  I'm sure God will know who it is you're praying for after reading my post here.  

Thank you!

God Bless.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I have an unspoken prayer request.  I may need to talk about it at a later date, but for now just keep me and my family in your prayers.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#28]
My soul is tired, not sure where to go or what to do besides pray.

Somehow, I found myself here..a little divine nudge maybe...

MissB
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:50:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#30]
Friends, neighbors, countrymen, and women, and last but not least, my dear brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ,

Have been away for a while now but not nessesarily because I didn't want to be on this great and wonderful website, but as it turns out, and after much more study into God's word and more education which only the Holy Spirit of God might grant, it truly is a great and awsome privelige to be here with you all once again to share Christ with anyone which is a great thing indeed in any capacity to do so!

At any rate I felt that this morning;Oct.20-13, one of the Lord's days, in which they all truly are as God sees it, would be a great time to pray with you all about certain things that might concern us all, and that might simply be anything that someone might have to pray about. If you are currently thinking about doing some prayer time morning, or latter this truly beautiful day that the Lord Jesus Christ has given to us. And He instituted this great gift for us because He wills His great love for us in these ways that glorify Him and greatly edify us. Now, if you personally believe these things then please do not hesitate to do this for someone else, or yourself, as by most accounts this is a positive step in the right direction for you and them!

Amen?

So, what is on your mind today?

Father God,

First and foremost this morning Lord, we humbly petition You 'O Great Father over the all of creation, to grant us access unto You by the power that You have graciously vested to us by that living Power which is the Holy Spirit of God, which has been eternally wrought on by the blood of the only Messiah, who is Jesus Christ our only Lord and Savior forever.

Now Lord, as we who are called by your precious Name, do hereby declare our loyalty and allegence to Your crown and Your word because by spiritual birth-right we do have as Your highest order of creation Father God, the right and privilige to recieve relief concerning anything that might be asked for in Jesus' name and by that authority for us in that Name and by that name only which only answers to Himself as One and sovereign over all!

So now Father, and as we worship You now in spirit and in truth, Lord, if You will please look down into Your humble servant's hearts and grant our requests for reconcilliation with You if there are needs there and also for spiritual healing which if by God's will occurrs cleanses the whole body then grant these things to people here today in ways that will be effective and in ways that will be known by the recipients who humbly come to You for help today O' Great Father of Lights from our very beginning in Christ Jesus in order to shepard us as He most graciously does now.

So now then Lord, make these requests manifested realities in the places where we dwell in order that people might taste that You are good, and that all of the things that you do for us and hence love us with a love which truly does at times surpass all human understanding!

In Jesus Name then, and through the totally rightous embodiment of Christ as living and eternal, we pray for everyone here today with care and love in our hearts for them ,

Amen, and so we have accomplished this./////////////////////////////////////

Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength. Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the tactics of the Devil. For our battle is not against flesh and blood (as one might suppose through the flesh) ,but (it) is against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness (present modern anti-christian age) and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens (to some degree in the earth's atmospher). This is why you must take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist in the evil day (now), having prepared everything (as a soldier has rightly prepared on his or her's day for solemn battle with the foe), to take your stand, therefore,

with the truth around your waist,

God's righteousness like armor on your chest,

and your feet sandaled with readiness for the gospel of peace (ready to go tell others about the gospel or good news of Jesus Christ).

And in evry situation take up the sheild of faith, and with it you will be able to extinguish (all) of the flaming arrows (insults and petty attacks as you will see latter) of the evil one.

Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is God's word (which was eternally created by God with you in mind as a personal being for Him to care for).

Now, with every prayer and request pray at all times in the Spirit, and stay alert in this, with all preserverence and intercession for all of the saints. Pray for me also, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel. For this I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I might be bold enough in Him to speak as I should ( as I believe by faith that you will be able to rightly do also as God directs through His will and according to His timing).

Ephesians:6/10-20

Thanks,

SAE*
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By medicmandan:

Prayers for my father please.  He went in for stents this morning and found out he needs at least triple bypass.  Not sure if they will do it today or tomorrow.  A prayer for my mother's nerves as well, she is a worrier.

Thank you.
View Quote

Positive thoughts, energy & prayer for your family.

MissB
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 11:51:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#34]
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Prayers for my father please.  He went in for stents this morning and found out he needs at least triple bypass.  Not sure if they will do it today or tomorrow.  A prayer for my mother's nerves as well, she is a worrier.

Thank you.
View Quote

Father God in heaven and everywhere else; Lord, we always count it an honor and privelidge to come to You with all of our hearts,only to find that You O' Great Father of our provision have been there in the places that Your Name dwells,have been patiently waiting for our petition for You to help us in our time of need all along, as You do truly see all things which pertasin to us!

Now Father today as we come to You and through Your highly valued and highly favored Holy Spirit, Lord, let us now come to You as we worship You O'Great King, in Spirit directly connected to You, and in truth, Your truth Father, that kind of truth that will set the captives free!

Father, it also states in Your word that You Master,are the Great Jehovah Rafe' or literally,"The God that Health Thee."

Now Lord as we keep this in mind,as we are prudent Jesus,to keep Your Name always on our minds and in our hearts, please Father lift up medicmandan's father today and by in charge of his father's surgury. Please Father, remove any and all issues that might plague these proceedures and then let it be know to all about Your great and total healing powers that You are about to graciously bestow on medicmandan's parents and we ask also LORD, as we worship at Your feet to now as only You Lord, know how extend the lives of these two precious and elderly people. And in this extension of life Father, this will enable them now for an extension of life O' Great King, so the their remaining days might be spent honoring You with all of the goodness that You have graciously put into their hearts to glorify You Father!

So now in the Name of Jesus, here our words of truth and love for You Father, in the same way that we love medicmandan"s parents as You take them both under Your wing of protection and healing right now O' Great Father, and wonderful Councellor, and according to the needs of our hope and through faith in Jesus!

Amen and Amen for God to act upon our behalf concerning our people!

Thank You from Your sons as we stand as one!  
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 4:05:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Guys, I could use a few prayers for my ailing mom, as her cancer battle seems to be drawing to an imminent close. Despite surgery and chemo for the initial cancer, surgery and radiation for the metastatic to her cerebellum, she is rapidly declining and does not have much longer left. I ask for prayer for her to not suffer, that my father, my sister and my family find the strength to help her through her final few days with grace and with a sense of peace. I also ask for safety for family who are travelling tomorrow from afar to be here with us, to offer comfort for mom, and to say their goodbyes.

Back in January, my father was diagnosed with lung cancer, and at that time my mom prayed that he be spared and healed, and that the cancer would leave him and take her instead. His cancer was removed surgically, and hasn't showed any sign of return to this point. I can't claim to understand why, but her prayer was answered in July when she was diagnosed with Stage IVB endometrial cancer, with obvious signs of spread in her abdomen. That afternoon, CT and MRI also found a tumor growing in her brain. This has been a difficult battle for her, and it's almost over, though not in the way we'd hoped and prayed for. Thank you in advance for your prayer, I can't tell you how much it means to me.

God bless you all.

Link Posted: 11/16/2013 10:05:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#36]
The Spirit of the LORD came on Jephthah (one of Israel's last archaic judges before Samson), who traveled through Gilead and Manasseh,and then through Mizpah of Gilead (or throughout that region). He crossed over to the Ammorites (a vicious and ruthless enemy of Israel at the time) from Mizpah of Gilead. Jephthah made this vow to the LORD: "If You will hand over the Ammorities to me,whatever (or whoever) comes out of the doors of my house to greet me When I return in peace (after victory has been achieved over my enemies) from the Ammorities,will belong to the LORD,and I will offer it as a burnt (solemn offering of the covenant) offering (to the LORD)."

Then Jephthah crossed over to the Ammorities to fight against them, and the LORD handed them over to him.

He defeated twenty of their cities with a great slaughter from Aroer all the way to the entrance of Minnith and to Abel-keramim (a significant part of the Ammorities conquered lands now back into the possession with plunder and slaves to the Israelites as secure territory). So the Ammorities were subdued before the Israelites.

Now, when Jephthah went to his home Mizpah,there was his daughter, coming out to meet him with tambourines and dancing!

She was his only child;he had no other son or daughter besides her. When he saw her,he tore his clothes (in agony) and said,"No! not my (only) daughter!You have devestated me! You have brought great misery on me! I have given my word to the LORD and now I cannot take it back (or the LORD for a greater purpose would not let him take it back as the LORD's will is always achieved for a reason)."

Then she said to him,"My father,you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me as you have said,for the LORD has brought vengence on your enemies,the Ammorities." She also said to her father,"Let me do this one thing: Let me wander two months through the mountains with my friends and mourn my virginity (as now the line of Japhthah would be cut off forever as a great shame not only for the family,but also for the clan, and tribe also).

"Go," he said. And he sent her away for two months. So she left with her friends and mourned her virginity as she wandered through the mountains. Now at the end of two months,she returned to her father,and he kept the vow he had (ultimately) made about her. And she had never been intimate with a man. Now (and afterward) it became a custom in Israel that four days each year the young women of Israel would commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite (for she was sacrificed unto the LORD).

Judges 11:29-40

Jephthah's Vow and Sacrifice

Link Posted: 11/16/2013 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Prayers sent and to be remembered!

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#38]
medicmandan and Gloworm19 prayers sent
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#39]
I come for prayer over my son's health, my health, and our financial / home situation, as well as transportation.

We're just stuck right now. I'm disabled, my son is sick with multiple things, was going to a neurologist/ sleep therapist etc .  Right now we are trying to keep our home where medicaid and the VA messed up on my dad's paperwork and we show that we owe 77k, plus they never got my dad's pension settled out while he was alive, passed away last summer July 24th ), and now they're saying that since he's passed , even though it was lack of paperwork from Virginia and not my fault, that he may not be eligible, and since I'm his son, not a spouse, it won't go to me. We were working on getting my son on disability, but can't do that right now, since it would mess up our hardship exemption, if it goes through so that we can keep our home.

Top that off, my car barely is able to go to town and back, and certainly not to get my son where he needs to go, plus he no longer has insurance. We are working on getting his car fixed, but that's time and money. I am close, but still need tires and a few other things.

Also, since my dad passed, the property taxes went up by $590 this year with the loss of head of household. So I am struggling to take care of that.

Things are tough, but they are better than last year, and hopefully they will get better. If we can get the house issue taken care of, and then get my son on disability, we can get him the medical care he needs and hopefully successful treatment so that he can go back and finish school, got to college, and work, and have a normal life. Hopefully once he gets treatment, he won't have to stay on disability.

I ask for my healing as well, so I can get off of it. I have suffered and worked through my health issues since I was 13, so 33 years now. It got too bad and I couldn't work anymore. I want to so bad though. I was raised to work.

I am just totally inept at handling all of this legal stuff, and can't afford a lawyer at all. I am going to talk with a family  friend hopefully tomorrow about taking over all of the legal stuff. He's not a lawyer, but he's really smart, and well connected, worked in insurance for 40 years and is in the funeral home business.

I just ask for prayers for the Lord to meet our needs, which I know he will, I just need a boost of faith, and pray for good news.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 11:49:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#40]
I come for prayer over my son's health, my health, and our financial / home situation, as well as transportation.

We're just stuck right now. I'm disabled, my son is sick with multiple things, was going to a neurologist/ sleep therapist etc .  Right now we are trying to keep our home where medicaid and the VA messed up on my dad's paperwork and we show that we owe 77k, plus they never got my dad's pension settled out while he was alive, passed away last summer July 24th ), and now they're saying that since he's passed , even though it was lack of paperwork from Virginia and not my fault, that he may not be eligible, and since I'm his son, not a spouse, it won't go to me. We were working on getting my son on disability, but can't do that right now, since it would mess up our hardship exemption, if it goes through so that we can keep our home.

Top that off, my car barely is able to go to town and back, and certainly not to get my son where he needs to go, plus he no longer has insurance. We are working on getting his car fixed, but that's time and money. I am close, but still need tires and a few other things.

Also, since my dad passed, the property taxes went up by $590 this year with the loss of head of household. So I am struggling to take care of that.

Things are tough, but they are better than last year, and hopefully they will get better. If we can get the house issue taken care of, and then get my son on disability, we can get him the medical care he needs and hopefully successful treatment so that he can go back and finish school, got to college, and work, and have a normal life. Hopefully once he gets treatment, he won't have to stay on disability.

I ask for my healing as well, so I can get off of it. I have suffered and worked through my health issues since I was 13, so 33 years now. It got too bad and I couldn't work anymore. I want to so bad though. I was raised to work.

I am just totally inept at handling all of this legal stuff, and can't afford a lawyer at all. I am going to talk with a family  friend hopefully tomorrow about taking over all of the legal stuff. He's not a lawyer, but he's really smart, and well connected, worked in insurance for 40 years and is in the funeral home business.

I just ask for prayers for the Lord to meet our needs, which I know he will, I just need a boost of faith, and pray for good news.

Thank you.
View Quote

Prayers for you and your son...........working on some solutions and relief right now!

So your father was a military veteren but not you correct?

What branch and was he ever involved in combat ie. Viet-nam or Korea?

Do you consider yourself a man of faith or something else (serious question because for you to act about your finances in a unconventional way just might be a better strategy than working and confronting your finances in the same old way that you have been doing.

How good of a sreward are you with handling paperwork and the posting of such under exact or demanding time frames?

What is the most important thing in your own life right now and is that,"thing" do you feel is in a right priority as your financial situation presents itself right now?

Have you inquired about consumer credit counselling at this point or in the past?

If you want reply here for possibly other output or counsel for options ok, or IM me anytime and we'll see what we can do about getting this ball rolling in the right direction for some real change and overall improvment for you and your son coming up partly cloudy and shortly!.

Amen?

Thank You Lord for this oportunity to exist!

SAE

btw: are you a SSI recipent?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Prayers for you and your son...........working on some solutions and relief right now!

Do you consider yourself a man of faith or something else (serious question because for you to act about your finances in a unconventional way just might be a better strategy than working and confronting your finances in the same old way that you have been doing.

How good of a sreward are you with handling paperwork and the posting of such under exact or demanding time frames?

What is the most important thing in your own life right now and is that,"thing" do you feel is in a right priority as your financial situation presents itself right now?

Have you inquired about consumer credit counselling at this point or in the past?

If you want reply here for possibly other output or counsel for options ok, or IM me anytime and we'll see what we can do about getting this ball rolling in the right direction for some real change and overall improvment for you and your son coming up partly cloudy and shortly!.

Amen?

SAE

Thanks,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thank you.

Amen?

SAE

Thanks,

Thank you for the prayers. I will IM you with the answers to your questions between this afternoon and this evening.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Thank you for the prayers. I will IM you with the answers to your questions between this afternoon and this evening.
View All Quotes

Thank you.

Amen?

SAE

Thanks,

Good deal brother take your time!
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Thank you.

Amen?

SAE

Thanks,

Sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#44]
So a huge prayer request coming in for my friends nephew.  His nephew is 7 years old and was recently diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.  

As far as I know, Cade and family are Christians, I am Christian, and my friend is as well.  We've been lifting Cade up with prayer and praying that God takes all of this in his hands.

I have a link for Cade for those of you who would like to see him and catch updates when they happen.  With my friend we run a gun trading group on facebook, and between all 4 admins on the page, we have scrounged up enough parts to build a rifle to raffle off for Cade, and just last night I was contacted by another member here, and he is sending me some parts as well for the build.  

To summarize, I would ask that God bless Cade, and take him in His arms and see him through this.  I would pray that God brings comfort to his family during this trying time.  I would also ask that God bless the wonderful people who have stepped up to help out in any way they can.  

With Cade's situation and Jeff Reed, God has reminded me that there are some really good hearted people out there, and when times get tough, we do stick together.  With that, I'll end with asking for a prayer for family.  I'm reminded that we are all truly a family.

Thank you.
-Kenny
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#45]
freqlord98, prayers sent for the little guy.  I pray also for his parents.  God can work wonders!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By freqlord98:
So a huge prayer request coming in for my friends nephew.  His nephew is 7 years old and was recently diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.  

As far as I know, Cade and family are Christians, I am Christian, and my friend is as well.  We've been lifting Cade up with prayer and praying that God takes all of this in his hands.

I have a link for Cade for those of you who would like to see him and catch updates when they happen.  With my friend we run a gun trading group on facebook, and between all 4 admins on the page, we have scrounged up enough parts to build a rifle to raffle off for Cade, and just last night I was contacted by another member here, and he is sending me some parts as well for the build.  

To summarize, I would ask that God bless Cade, and take him in His arms and see him through this.  I would pray that God brings comfort to his family during this trying time.  I would also ask that God bless the wonderful people who have stepped up to help out in any way they can.  

With Cade's situation and Jeff Reed, God has reminded me that there are some really good hearted people out there, and when times get tough, we do stick together.  With that, I'll end with asking for a prayer for family.  I'm reminded that we are all truly a family.

Thank you.
-Kenny
View Quote

Kenny, can you give us a hot link about this boy?

Thanks,Jimmie
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#47]
I want to bring attention to not specifics, but to all those in need, in any way, but especially those that are lost.

I want to pray that all hearts soften and become open to God's word, and that any of us that are saved, can be put in their path, or someone can, that can plant the seed for God to grow in them.

I have watched my son go from a faithful child, into an agnostic, but he is still on the edge. He has health issues, and a lot of it is anxiety as well, and he doesn't talk a lot, even though he lives here with me.

We may actually talk now a total of 1 or 2 hours a week in real conversation, but the other night, he opened up to me, and we talked from about 11pm, until 8am that morning. He is a young man that is hurting, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. He seems to be opening up some, and I may have convinced him to come to church. Now he had a good foundation, and went with my dad to hear him preach every Sunday.

I want to praise God for that. There was much bad news from him, but good as well. At least I know where he is at in his life, and can work from here.

I shudder to think of all of the people in his situation that don't have anyone to talk with, which is why I pray for us as Christians to be aware of the lost, and the hurting, so that we might be able to do that one little thing that might make their whole lives change through the power of God.

I am thankful for all of your prayers, and for the wonderful phone call I got from the OP recently. It made a huge difference in my outlook, and I just want others to be aware of just how much one brother or sister in Christ contacting you and praying for you can make.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Please, keep us in your prayers. Things are starting to close in on us.

Thank you.

I don't mean to sound selfish, but we do need them badly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Hay guys and gals.  If y'all could keep me in your prayers as I am going to be going on a road trip over Christmas break.  Prayers for safe travels and weather cooperation.  

Thanks,

B62stew
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:23:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JDeere7296] [#50]
Hello guys!  I know my issue's pale in comparison to some here.  I've been blessed in that my health and the health of my family has been good.  But were hurting on a different front.  My wife and I are having major issues, long story short she's just an un-happy person.   She won't get any help or counseling and refuses to get counseling for our marriage.  She just doesn't want to be married to me anymore, I guess she doesn't love me anymore.  I try to stay strong and I'm currently going to counseling by myself.  I even tried the Love Dare but it didn't have an affect on our marriage or her feelings.  

I'm getting more and more depressed, my strength is slipping and with the Christmas approaching I just can't get out of this mindset.  I can't concentrate at work, I have no drive to do anything productive.  I believe divorce is the only way out and I just feel so guilt ridden over this.  My wife say's it's not my fault, that it's her and that I deserve someone who loves me.  I don't want a divorce, I still love her despite everything.  All I want.....all I've ever wanted is a family.  It just feels like I've failed as a father and a husband somehow.  

Please pray for my daughters!  That they can have a happy Christmas and that these problems won't affect them.  It's apparent that divorce is inevitable, despite all I do for her she just isn't happy.  She wants out and my major concern is for my girls.  I could care less about being single, I just want my girls happy.

This up-coming year is going to be rough.  Please pray that God give me the strength and wisdom that I so desperately need!  Please pray that he shield my daughters from this!  

Thanks you and God Bless!  .
Andy
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top