Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I know I haven't played in a few days. Last time I played I still was getting booted from the game randomly and now had these weird, shitty graphic effects coming out of the sides of my multi-tool that just looked like shit so I stopped playing for a bit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I havent touched it for a week now. Subnautica finally released the exosuit update so ive been messing with that. Got it for about $10 a while back and get lots of enjoyment out of it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Came across a planet last night that was loaded with Calium and Gravitino balls.

Unfortunately, it's also a high radiation planet with loooong storms and hostile sentries.  

The radiation is high enough that it burns through the Tau and Sigma mods in a couple of minutes.

There's a black hole in the system.  I collected a couple stacks of Calium, and I guess I'll be using the black hole tonight.
View Quote

If you have the formula for shield shard or shield panel just prepare some of those and use them to recharge the radiation shields.  If not, use the titanium from the sentinels you kill to recharge.

On a planet like that it is worth finding a trade terminal and farming the area so you can load up, sell and repeat.  The 'shelter' with a single landing pad has a trade terminal.   Use the cash to max out your exosuit at the cargo pods.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My suit is already maxed.

Amazingly, I flew around the planet for a good hour and didn't find a single landing pad.

A stack of Calium, which sells for only like 80k, took me quite a while to collect.  If I had any blueprints that needed it, I might try getting more.  But I'm not finding any blueprints that need it yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Came across a planet last night that was loaded with Calium and Gravitino balls.

Unfortunately, it's also a high radiation planet with loooong storms and hostile sentries.  

The radiation is high enough that it burns through the Tau and Sigma mods in a couple of minutes.

There's a black hole in the system.  I collected a couple stacks of Calium, and I guess I'll be using the black hole tonight.

If you have the formula for shield shard or shield panel just prepare some of those and use them to recharge the radiation shields.  If not, use the titanium from the sentinels you kill to recharge.

On a planet like that it is worth finding a trade terminal and farming the area so you can load up, sell and repeat.  The 'shelter' with a single landing pad has a trade terminal.   Use the cash to max out your exosuit at the cargo pods.

My suit is already maxed.

Amazingly, I flew around the planet for a good hour and didn't find a single landing pad.

A stack of Calium, which sells for only like 80k, took me quite a while to collect.  If I had any blueprints that needed it, I might try getting more.  But I'm not finding any blueprints that need it yet.

I kinda ran into the same thing.  Planet had Calium, Aluminum and Plutonium.  Nothing else.  No plants no animals and sparse sentinals that DGAF.  I'd have stuck around if Calium did not take so long to farm even with all the mining mods to my multi-tool.  Heck I even tried using just grenades to farm them but if you hit the ground you get nothing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
A tip for mining large deposits: Scan the deposit periodically. Use the holographic cubes to help you determine where to concentrate your efforts. Not all of a visible deposit has recoverable ore. Frequently you'll get all of the available ore and there will still be a large visual representation of the deposit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:47:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Calium is a small tree like thing that does not show up on scans.  It also explodes when you complete the mining of it.  Even with all the mods it takes longer to clear 2-3 Calium trees for a total of 15 Calium mined vs clearing an entire spire of Hridium garnering 300-400 Hr.

I just up and left that planet and ended up on the bad side of a freighter attack.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
some callium is in a little puffy ball plant thing that bounces away when you shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#10]
spoilers

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I really wish that int he descriptions of the planets you've been to that it would list natural resources so you can go back and mine stuff without having to keep a separate pad with all that info on it, which I am far too lazy to even do that...
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Resubmitted my request for a refund today.

Eta: and denied again. Guess im still stuck with no mans lie and about $50 worth or buyers remorse.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Eta: and denied again. Guess im still stuck with no mans lie and about $50 worth or buyers remorse.
View Quote

Well, could be worse I guess if you were stuck with it on PS4, the mod scene on pc is worth looking into.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well, could be worse I guess if you were stuck with it on PS4, the mod scene on pc is worth looking into.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah the lack of mods on ps4 is killing me.  fuckin console peasant
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I am about 50 hours in, spending a lot of time exploring.  I think I have been to 3 Atlas Interfaces but still no Atlas Pass V1.   I think I should start farming abandoned buildings to see if I can get an Atlas Pass V2/3 schematic- sounds like that is possible.

I found a tip to hit space stations and look for starred items that they will pay a premium for.  Finally found a station with the Dynamic Resonator starred.  I can buy them for 28k units or so and resell for 60k units, and was able to make a million in about 15 boring minutes.  (Kind of silly that the same 6 traders leave the station and immediately come back, restocked.)

I think I will farm that for a couple mil so I can finish my last few exosuit upgrades and pick up another ship without having to gain 1 slot by finding crashed ships.  (They say you can get a 2 slot upgrade on a crashed ship, maybe I am just unlucky.)

The low flight mod is essential.  The game was so annoying without it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am about 50 hours in, spending a lot of time exploring.  I think I have been to 3 Atlas Interfaces but still no Atlas Pass V1.   I think I should start farming abandoned buildings to see if I can get an Atlas Pass V2/3 schematic- sounds like that is possible.

I found a tip to hit space stations and look for starred items that they will pay a premium for.  Finally found a station with the Dynamic Resonator starred.  I can buy them for 28k units or so and resell for 60k units, and was able to make a million in about 15 boring minutes.  (Kind of silly that the same 6 traders leave the station and immediately come back, restocked.)

I think I will farm that for a couple mil so I can finish my last few exosuit upgrades and pick up another ship without having to gain 1 slot by finding crashed ships.  (They say you can get a 2 slot upgrade on a crashed ship, maybe I am just unlucky.)

The low flight mod is essential.  The game was so annoying without it.
View Quote

you have no idea how jelly I am, as much as I love this game I fucking hate the flying, its really retarded
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good call. Ill take a look at it this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/no-mans-sky/no-mans-sky-mods
http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-mods/

These are the ones I see recommended the most.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Glad I didn't fall for the hype. They fucking lied so much about what this game was going to have.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What did they lie about?  This game, in my opinion, is exactly what was described.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad I didn't fall for the hype. They fucking lied so much about what this game was going to have.

What did they lie about?  This game, in my opinion, is exactly what was described.

I love the game but there are definitely things not in this game that he literally said in interviews were in the game

I don't get the hate, this is such a nice chilled out game.     I certainly hope they add more content
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel the same way. There are some missing elements, like the portals and "multi-player" interaction, but the game play itself seems exactly as described. I like it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Been doing the "Resonators" grind on a space station.

Decided to do this, since I tried for an hour or two to find Nickel and Aluminum to build the better warp drive.  I found NONE.

Where can I find nickel and aluminum?!?!??!

The space station I am at has Atlas Stones for sale.  No idea what they are.  Should I buy them?  (I remember a few pages back someone said, "When you get your atlas stones, DO NOT SELL THEM."  Should I BUY them if I can?  (No spoilers, please.)
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Been doing the "Resonators" grind on a space station.

Decided to do this, since I tried for an hour or two to find Nickel and Aluminum to build the better warp drive.  I found NONE.

Where can I find nickel and aluminum?!?!??!
The space station I am at has Atlas Stones for sale.  No idea what they are.  Should I buy them?  (I remember a few pages back someone said, "When you get your atlas stones, DO NOT SELL THEM."  Should I BUY them if I can?  (No spoilers, please.)
View Quote
At least in my starting system there were asteroids that were made of Nickel.  The asteroids that are not Thiamun(?) look different.  Not rocky looking and are usually bigger.  Other than that a couple of planets I have been on have had large nickel deposits.

The Aluminum that I have found on planets has been in the form of green crystals growing out of the ground, usually in proximity to the Plutonium crystals.

I bought an Atlas Stone for over 2 million.  I do not know if I should have bought it or not, but it had been the first time I ever saw one so I went ahead and bought it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#27]
I've had two temperate planets that had large veins of nickle and aluminum like shining silver bullets sticking out of the ground.   Also see the green crystals sometimes as well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#28]
find crashed space ships, scrap their parts, you should have enough resources to build whatever you want after two ships.  

though it all depends on what your ship currently has.   The more things you have installed on your ship relates to how many things will be on the crashed ships that you can scrap for materials.   You'll get full 500 stacks of gold, nickel, aluminum and copper.  If you have better upgrades installed on your ship they will also appear on crashed ships, so then you'll get gravity balls, vortex cubes, resonators, omegon etc thrown in too
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've had two temperate planets that had large veins of nickle and aluminum like shining silver bullets sticking out of the ground.   Also see the green crystals sometimes as well.
View Quote

I've had this experience as well. And the same for large nickle asteroids and ones that look like crystals, that I think had aluminum.

As to the Atlas Stones, it is my impression, if you haven't sold any, you won't need to buy any.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Found a planet where the sentinels are listed as aggressive.  They were not kidding, they seem to attack me just for walking around.

Found another planet with these pod plants sticking up out of the ground. When you interact with them they open up to display an Albumen Pearl.  Don't know what they are used for, but when you take it immediately you are attacked by two flying sentinels and one of the walker sentinels.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Fucking perfect
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I really wish that int he descriptions of the planets you've been to that it would list natural resources so you can go back and mine stuff without having to keep a separate pad with all that info on it, which I am far too lazy to even do that...
View Quote

The planets with large stocks of valuable minerals I named for that mineral like emeril 1,2.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone try attacking the large cargo ships in systems?  I just got my last ship and checking planets for new stuff, which I am not finding, is getting stale.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#35]

I just can't seem to get into this game.  I think they limited inventory is what holds it back.  Maybe I'll give it another try when I get a PC so I can use mods.

If anyone has Madden 17, I'll trade this for it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Find drop pods to build your suit inventory and crashed ships to increase your ship inventory.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone try attacking the large cargo ships in systems?  I just got my last ship and checking planets for new stuff, which I am not finding, is getting stale.
View Quote

You can attack them- shoot the cargo pods and take their loot.  They will light you up with cannons.  I think the larger ships have hangar bays and will deploy ships you have to dogfight, but you can do a hit and run on the smaller ones.

Most interesting time I had was when I was taking down a pirate that pulled me out of cruise and I strafed a space station.  I barely made it away from the security force there, so I don't recommend trying that.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
You can attack them- shoot the cargo pods and take their loot.  They will light you up with cannons.  I think the larger ships have hangar bays and will deploy ships you have to dogfight, but you can do a hit and run on the smaller ones.

Most interesting time I had was when I was taking down a pirate that pulled me out of cruise and I strafed a space station.  I barely made it away from the security force there, so I don't recommend trying that.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not try yet, but did have a bunch of waves of sentinel ships attack me.  I was mining asteroids and a ship flew in front of my lasers and I hit it.  It then attacked me and I destroyed it.  Sentinel ships came, just three at first.  Then a giant cruiser showed up and sentinel ships came out of that.  After 4 waves with no end in sight I just warped out of the system.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I'm currently in a 31 slot ship.  I keep finding them and repairing.

Last night, at a trading post, a trader came up in a ship that looked like it had boxes hanging from each side.  It was a 69 million credit 43-slot.  
View Quote
I'm in a 24 slot, and the last 4 crash sites I've visited only yielded 23 slot ships.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'm in a 24 slot, and the last 4 crash sites I've visited only yielded 23 slot ships.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm currently in a 31 slot ship.  I keep finding them and repairing.

Last night, at a trading post, a trader came up in a ship that looked like it had boxes hanging from each side.  It was a 69 million credit 43-slot.  
It took me about 12 tries to get my 48 slot ship. I was finding 46 and 47 slot ones over and over.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Does anybody use the phase beams on their ship?

I never use mine, and don't really see the use.  I'm thinking about removing the phase beam mods to give me more storage space.
View Quote
I seem to do more damage with mine than the cannons during ship to ship combat.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I never use mine, and don't really see the use.  I'm thinking about removing the phase beam mods to give me more storage space.
View Quote

I only use the phase beam, fully upgraded it melts ships

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:37:45 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm officially voting this game as the worst game I've played in the past 5 years.

It has/had a lot of potential, but the company and community managers (or lack there of) have been missing for over a month. Sean Murray's last Tweet on the No Man's Sky Twitter was August 18th! The only word on fixes and updates has been on their website with minor bug fixes and empty promises.

GameStop is offering $15 for trading it in towards another game. BF1 reservation here I come.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm officially voting this game as the worst game I've played in the past 5 years.

It has/had a lot of potential, but the company and community managers (or lack there of) have been missing for over a month. Sean Murray's last Tweet on the No Man's Sky Twitter was August 18th! The only word on fixes and updates has been on their website with minor bug fixes and empty promises.

GameStop is offering $15 for trading it in towards another game. BF1 reservation here I come.
View Quote

Same for me , thankfully it was gifted to me so i got it free .  big marketing hype then they took the money and ran , left most of the promised features out, repeat of spore and a very common tactic these days .  I'll never buy one of their games ...
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm going to have to agree with this.  I have already stopped playing, no interest in following the path as it is boring, nothing else much to do in the game once you max out your suit/ship/gun.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I like the lock on burst melting of pirates, especially now that I am getting waves of 6+ pulling me out of warp.

I think it's funny I used to use phase beams for mining and cannons for combat, now I have swapped.  I needed some iridium and nickel to make a ship components, mining asteroids with the cannon was both fast and fun.  Pew pew!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top