Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be pissed if i have to die to fix a save bug.  I havent died once and want to keep it that way
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Ill just play offline till a good patch is released. Steam wont try to update if i dont give it any internet access.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#3]
So what are you guys doing to make credits?

I've tried doing the trader stuff at both on planet traders and at the space station but no go.  The station sells for more than the traders will buy and the traders sell for more than the station will buy.  Every now and then I find a trader whom I can buy from and sell to another trader with but it's for maybe 200-300 credit profit.  

None of the planets or moons in my starter system have anything the traders want to pay good money for (tightwad Geks!).  The asteroids yield a lot of Thamium but no one wants it either.

Is it something I have to get out of the starter system to start doing?  The system has a ton of Exosuit pods all over the place and it's killing me when I go from one crashed ship to another and pass by 3 or 4 pods in a 5 min journey.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've tried doing the trader stuff at both on planet traders and at the space station but no go.  The station sells for more than the traders will buy and the traders sell for more than the station will buy.  Every now and then I find a trader whom I can buy from and sell to another trader with but it's for maybe 200-300 credit profit.  

None of the planets or moons in my starter system have anything the traders want to pay good money for (tightwad Geks!).  The asteroids yield a lot of Thamium but no one wants it either.

Is it something I have to get out of the starter system to start doing?  The system has a ton of Exosuit pods all over the place and it's killing me when I go from one crashed ship to another and pass by 3 or 4 pods in a 5 min journey.
View Quote

I would leave your starter system if it has nothing valuable.   Jump to a star that has a lot of planets and hopefully one of them will have something worth farming
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're going to need to do some mining, I'm afraid. Trying to do the straight trader routine starting off in one system isn't going to work.

I found a planet with big lumps of emeril scattered around, passive sentries, and the first thing I spotted was the trading post, so I didn't even have to leave the surface to sell off the emeril.

The planet is kinda rough conditions wise, but that's OK.

I restarted the game...after selling off 4 of the Atlas Stones then finding out you ain't supposed to sell them, I said screw it and started a new game.

Told the Atlas to bugger off this time.

Last night I bought a 25 slot ship, installed a warp upgrade with the iridium and copper I've been packing around half of forever, started heading down to the planet, got intercepted and killed by pirates. Couldn't even touch their shields, used up all my zinc on screens, died anyway.

Guess what got broke?

You guessed it, my brand new warp upgrade.

I have to admit, I'm getting a little weary of the "fling your ass into orbit' bug, hope they fix that soon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone else on the PC noticed the load time for this game has significantly increased since the patch?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#8]

"Phenomenal Cosmic Power!!!.... Itty bitty living space."

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://imgur.com/uAr7Bvc.jpg

"Phenomenal Cosmic Power!!!.... Itty bitty living space."

http://youtu.be/SfTfXLLJlzM
View Quote

Damn dude go get yourself a bigger ship

I'm up to a 37 slot ship, I'll probably stop ship hunting for awhile once i find a really cool ship and get back to exploring.  Been hanging out/stuck in the current system while I upgrade
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]
48 slot ship is now mine!!

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has anyone else on the PC noticed the load time for this game has significantly increased since the patch?
View Quote

My load times have been greatly reduced and performance has been greatly increased since the last patch.  However I am using the experimental beta since I am running an older AMD CPU and was unable to play the game for the first week or so without using SSE4.1 emulators.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
aside from a few things that I thought would be different I got exactly what I was expecting from this game.    

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

but this stuff is getting mind numbing at this point. I kind of feel bad for the devs showcasing gameplay, advertising their game as planetary exploration, and yet they still have hundreds of thousands expressing their disappointment that they're not getting star citizen on console.

this. Hello Games was pretty clear from the start exactly what NMS was, and really didn't tease much in the way of gameplay through the development process.

people just went off the deep end with their expectations. I love the game for what it is, so far.

aside from a few things that I thought would be different I got exactly what I was expecting from this game.    

I wish the game would allow me to bypass the anticollision mechanics. Like a setting for advanced pilots who prefer having more control and immersion.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Full ship control and being able to destroy objects on planet needs to be a thing.

Unlikely to ever happen.
View Quote
I bet lots of people with more flight sim experience will demand an advanced mode

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wish the game would allow me to bypass the anticollision mechanics. Like a setting for advanced pilots who prefer having more control and immersion.  
View Quote

Agreed.  The flight controls are awful.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
48 slot ship is now mine!!

View Quote

Grats, and yeah I'll upgrade it eventually
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't fly for shit and the pirates totally out maneuver me every time.

I need guided missiles or something.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Warpped into a huge space battle, a few large frigates and one ship that was about the size of two atlas stations

I have video of it, i was drunk so its pretty funny because i was shooting at everyone, i'll upload it to youtube later.  

It was cool seeing those huge ships and over 27 little fighters flying around.     This game has so much potential
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Warpped into a huge space battle, a few large frigates and one ship that was about the size of two atlas stations

I have video of it, i was drunk so its pretty funny because i was shooting at everyone, i'll upload it to youtube later.  

It was cool seeing those huge ships and over 27 little fighters flying around.     This game has so much potential
View Quote

Well damn! Im looking forward to seeing that video.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:08:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Put full upgrades into the mining laser and they drop pretty quick without aiming.
Also, that powerslide thing they do can be done if you play with hitting boost/brake/throttle a certain way, or get them on your tail and do something of a cobra (pull up, hit full brake, they'll overshoot)
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I found an awesome way to make tons of units and get a bunch of rare resources in the process.    Farming crashed ships.  

Now that I have a 48 slot ship and all the warp drives installed most ships I find are 48 slot ships with at least half of the slots full of upgrades, the upgrades are usually broken and need repairing but that doesnt matter at all.  

Here is my process

1. Find a Crashed ship

2.  Land nearby the crashed ship.

3.   Don't transfer anything from your current ship to the crashed one, just select the crashed ship and jump in (its only going to be your ship for about 5 seconds)

4.  Disassemble everything that you can

5.  Jump back into your regular ship, and when comparing them you can transfer all the disassembled parts to your current ship.

I'm making roughly 750-1.5 million a ship this way.    You usually end up with stacks of 500 of gold, aluminum, emeril, nickel, titanium etc tec but you will also get rare resources too, vortex cubes, gravity balls, resonators, omega and others.  

Plus if you are in a Gek system from a transmission tower, you can use the tower over and over and over to find as many ships as you want.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Put full upgrades into the mining laser and they drop pretty quick without aiming.
Also, that powerslide thing they do can be done if you play with hitting boost/brake/throttle a certain way, or get them on your tail and do something of a cobra (pull up, hit full brake, they'll overshoot)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Console port has auto aim.

On a side note, you cannot destroy those big ships you run into in space. All you can do is crack open their cargo sections and destroy any defensive weapons they may have. This game is on rails.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#23]
hmm my graphic load seem to have change with on of the patches, much worse now.... odd

oh and holy venom sacks

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:37:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
hmm my graphic load seem to have change with on of the patches, much worse now.... odd

oh and holy venom sacks

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/449618865135921616/15C7FC501568DAB6AED459DC3D96DAE867770F40/
View Quote

I thought it was fun on ps4, I refunded the steam version, they really fumbled the ball on PC. I think a year from now when all the content that was promised makes it's way into the game and it's in a steam sale will be the time to get it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Angry Joe got 1 million views in 24 hours on this game and it's broken promises.

He nailed it.

Fuckers lied about their game.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

All I get is an opportunity to compare ships and transfer my items.  I can't just hop in and dismantle anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I found an awesome way to make tons of units and get a bunch of rare resources in the process.    Farming crashed ships.  

Now that I have a 48 slot ship and all the warp drives installed most ships I find are 48 slot ships with at least half of the slots full of upgrades, the upgrades are usually broken and need repairing but that doesnt matter at all.  

Here is my process

1. Find a Crashed ship

3.   Don't transfer anything from your current ship to the crashed one, just select the crashed ship and jump in (its only going to be your ship for about 5 seconds)

5.  Jump back into your regular ship, and when comparing them you can transfer all the disassembled parts to your current ship.

I'm making roughly 750-1.5 million a ship this way.    You usually end up with stacks of 500 of gold, aluminum, emeril, nickel, titanium etc tec but you will also get rare resources too, vortex cubes, gravity balls, resonators, omega and others.  

Plus if you are in a Gek system from a transmission tower, you can use the tower over and over and over to find as many ships as you want.

All I get is an opportunity to compare ships and transfer my items.  I can't just hop in and dismantle anything.

"Accept" the ship after you compare and you can "own" it temporarily while you strip it for resources. Once done just go back to your other ship and you can take it back the same way. I had to do this when I grabbed a crashed ship and realized I didn't have any zinc to fix the pulse drive so I couldn't take off. I realized later that I believe all crashed ships have a mod (cannon damage?) that can be scrapped for zinc. I think they always have enough mods to fix the components to at least get you in the air if you have nothing on you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:16:01 AM EDT
[#28]
A low-flying mod is out on PC. It lets you fly as low as you want to the ground, as it should have been.

There's a few clips on Reddit of people using it to fly through large caves.

Makes me wish I didn't have the Ps4 version
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks.  I've got some nice warp drives, so I never want to accept those ships.  I've always been afraid that if I do, I'll lose mine.

All my resources will stay in my ship?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is my process

1. Find a Crashed ship

"Accept" the ship after you compare and you can "own" it temporarily while you strip it for resources. Once done just go back to your other ship and you can take it back the same way. I had to do this when I grabbed a crashed ship and realized I didn't have any zinc to fix the pulse drive so I couldn't take off. I realized later that I believe all crashed ships have a mod (cannon damage?) that can be scrapped for zinc. I think they always have enough mods to fix the components to at least get you in the air if you have nothing on you.

Thanks.  I've got some nice warp drives, so I never want to accept those ships.  I've always been afraid that if I do, I'll lose mine.

yes, first compare ships, do not transfer anything, then hit accept.  

DO NOT JUMP IN YOUR "NEW" SHIP
 just open up the ship menu of the crashed ship now that is yours, disassemble everything that you can.

now go back to your ship, hit compare again, this is where you will transfer all the disassembled goods to your ship, hit accept and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A low-flying mod is out on PC. It lets you fly as low as you want to the ground, as it should have been.

There's a few clips on Reddit of people using it to fly through large caves.

Makes me wish I didn't have the Ps4 version
View Quote

in a year this game will be amazing.

maybe 6mo if HG actually works on it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

just open up the ship menu of the crashed ship now that is yours, disassemble everything that you can.

now go back to your ship, hit compare again, this is where you will transfer all the disassembled goods to your ship, hit accept and you are good to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is my process

1. Find a Crashed ship

Have to give this a try.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Angry Joe got 1 million views in 24 hours on this game and it's broken promises.

He nailed it.

Fuckers lied about their game.
View Quote

Spot on review. He gave it a generous 5/10 though
Id have given a 1/10 but that may be because i paid $60 for a $9.99 product, and i also dont like being lied to.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is my process

1. Find a Crashed ship

I've jumped into the new ship. I just didn't take off. ETA: I guess I couldn't take off, even if I wanted to, but you get the point

I did everything you would normally do when transferring ships, except leave. I transferred all materials to my crashed temporary ship, accepted ownership, climbed in cockpit, disassembled upgrades, then transferred everything back repeating the process in reverse with no issues. Has this been a problem for people?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've jumped into the new ship. I just didn't take off. ETA: I guess I couldn't take off, even if I wanted to, but you get the point

I did everything you would normally do when transferring ships, except leave. I transferred all materials to my crashed temporary ship, accepted ownership, climbed in cockpit, disassembled upgrades, then transferred everything back repeating the process in reverse with no issues. Has this been a problem for people?
View Quote

some people have had crashes happen if they jump in the crashed ship then out, on a reload your old ship would be gone, that is the only reason people say not to jump in the ship

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
some people have had crashes happen if they jump in the crashed ship then out, on a reload your old ship would be gone, that is the only reason people say not to jump in the ship
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I mistakenly jumped into the crashed ship, but was able to get out and reacquire my original ship.

Proceeded to scrap the components for the resources and transferred it to my original ship for profit.

I have noticed that the crashed ships seem to have only 1 more slot than the one I'm in.

Is this normal? Any chance of finding a crashed ship with a lot more slots than the one I'm in?

ETA:  I'm also playing on the PS4.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I mistakenly jumped into the crashed ship, but was able to get out and reacquire my original ship.  

Proceeded to scrap the components for the resources and transferred it to my original ship for profit.

I have noticed that the crashed ships seem to have only 1 more slot than the one I'm in.

Is this normal? Any chance of finding a crashed ship with a lot more slots than the one I'm in?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they only go up by one.  When I'm doing my ship upgrades, i'll just upgrade the launch and pulse drives till i get ready to warp to a different system.  

Also, i've swapped ships back and forth several times doing the dismantle for goods thing, and my old ship has never gone anywhere.  Just park clos so you know where it's at since it won't shw up on map anymore.

Also even if the game were to crash as long as you didn't go in and out of the new ship a bunch, your game will have your last two save points, one of them should be when you got out of your original ship.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I did it last night.  I can say with absolute certainty, I didn't get more than 200k worth of materials.

After the time it took to find a tower that pointed me to a ship, it would have been faster to farm credits on the space station.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did it last night.  I can say with absolute certainty, I didn't get more than 200k worth of materials.

After the time it took to find a tower that pointed me to a ship, it would have been faster to farm credits on the space station.

So far space station farming for when dynamic resonators are the starred item has been the easiest big money make for me.  I can do it from work via the vita fairly easily in between phone calls and at lunch and stuff as well.  I've just been upgrading my ship from crashed ships tho, and i'm not 100% sure what good tons of money will do me at this point.  I got up to around 15 million and gave it a break, and i've only spent a few million and upgraded ships and multi tools many times.  I think the most of that that I spent was on upgrading exo suit slots.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I need to go a few systems back.  There was a space station that gave me 110% for resonators.

The current system only gives my like 98%.

I maxed out my exosuit last night with 48 slots.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far space station farming for when dynamic resonators are the starred item has been the easiest big money make for me.  I can do it from work via the vita fairly easily in between phone calls and at lunch and stuff as well.  I've just been upgrading my ship from crashed ships tho, and i'm not 100% sure what good tons of money will do me at this point.  I got up to around 15 million and gave it a break, and i've only spent a few million and upgraded ships and multi tools many times.  I think the most of that that I spent was on upgrading exo suit slots.

I need to go a few systems back.  There was a space station that gave me 110% for resonators.

The current system only gives my like 98%.

I maxed out my exosuit last night with 48 slots.  

I left a perfectly good space station to go finish the atlas path thing....what a waste.  It will take me a few jumps to get to another resonator space station i'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone dealing with the disappearing blueprint bug?  I have all the gear for warp reactor tau, and got the blueprint twice, but I can't build it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I think you need to have as many installed updates as you can to get the full benefit.   Also if you go to the transmission tower in a Gek system you can use the tower over and over.  I usually locate 15 or so ships with the tower before I fly out to look

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I too have been doing the dynamic resonator as my way of making money.  I only do it long enough to pay for 3-4 exo suit upgrades but I am very close to maxxing it out.

As far as crashed ships go the only bug I've found was this.  I found a ship crashed very near a large trader station.  I landed near the crash site and proceeded to move the stuff over to repair the ship.  After getting done I went back to my old ship but it was now gone.  I loaded from save did the same thing, never once getting inside the new ship and my old ship again disappeared.  Reload again and this time I transferred all my stuff right away.  Fixed the ship and went back to my ship which was still there this time.  Grabbed the last few items, turned around to go get to the new ship and it was gone!  Re-load save and this time the save put me on the trader station with my new ship two pads over and my old ship on another platform.

For some reason they were glitching to the trader station platforms when I left them.  Good news it that everything worked out in the end.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think you need to have as many installed updates as you can to get the full benefit.   Also if you go to the transmission tower in a Gek system you can use the tower over and over.  I usually locate 15 or so ships with the tower before I fly out to look

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Are you on pc of ps4?  I swear the gek transmissions towers don't do that for me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Are you on pc of ps4?  I swear the gek transmissions towers don't do that for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ps4

I wish I had it on PC for the Fly Low and dark space mods
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it. Good to know.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#50]

doesn't surprise me, hype train was strong.   Me?  I'm still loving the hell out of it.  I'm sure I'll move on after awhile unless new things are implemented, but I'm content.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top