Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Posted: 5/6/2016 8:20:57 PM EDT
Looks like we are going back in time to WWI.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn...WWI....Aviation....even if it is arcadey.....hit me right in the mommy daddy button. Insta-preorder for me, even after being hosed by SWBF

Guess I should fire up some ROF and OFF while I wait till October
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
During the announcement they mentioned that melee combat was pretty big, including being able to bayonet the enemy.  Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this may be the first battlefield since 2 I play.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
There's like a 9 page thread in GD, some pretty good stuff there.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, the 9 page thread has some great stuff.

I am pretty happy with this:
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/AnotherIgnorantBlacknorwegianelkhound.gif
View Quote

So it looks like you'll be able to use mustard gas, thats cool. Im also kinda excited about first person hand to hand, itll be a nice change of pace from every other fps out there.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

still looks a bit too fast paced. sprinting and firing a lewis gun......you shouldnt be able to hit dick doing that. Also that mask went on a bit fast.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Will be upgrading my pc for this. I love ww1 and ww2 shooters. Modern stuff just feels bland and generic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#9]
A WWI game where you run and gun with machine guns.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Much realism
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That gave me a raging boner.

It's not the trailer film, but actual gameplay.

Nice.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Much realism
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much realism

A realistic WWI game in which you spend hours lying in a trench only to get gassed wouldn't be very much fun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

running and firing in any game is stupid. Walking fire sure.....running? thats just non-sense. Red Orchestra is how they should be doing game mechanics. Slows the pace down and keeps the ninja element to a minimum.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:32:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A realistic WWI game in which you spend hours lying in a trench only to get gassed wouldn't be very much fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much realism

Verdun works pretty well, its basically a charge, counter-charge game where you attempt to seize the enemy line and if you do defend it from a counter-attack. By setting up no-go zones during that attack it prevents lone wolfs and encourages team play. So you wont have that guy belly crawl across half the map for that since awesome sniper spot everyone want where he camps the whole game not helping the team accomplish the goals just to pad his stats.

One of the cool things about WW1 is the extremely diverse environments that the battlefield existed in. If we are lucky we will see the austro-hungarian/italian front in the Alps.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Good or Bad, I think its great that a WW1 game is being made at all.  This game might help to open the eyes to younger generations as to what happened during that time period.  For me, this is worth buying the game.  WW1 games are too rare.  Now if only Korea and Winter War had some (that are good).
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

running and firing in any game is stupid. Walking fire sure.....running? thats just non-sense. Red Orchestra is how they should be doing game mechanics. Slows the pace down and keeps the ninja element to a minimum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then go play Red Orchestra.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess the arfcom battlefield clan is going to get populated again.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So it looks like you'll be able to use mustard gas, thats cool. Im also kinda excited about first person hand to hand, itll be a nice change of pace from every other fps out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a gas mask that is being put in too.

I never played a WWI game, and wasn't too excited about the announcement when I learned, but I'm starting to come around a bit
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Cant wait
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope its mostly bolt action rifles.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks epic. Cant wait.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#23]
WWI is lame. I want another modern themed shooter. Bring some European vehicles, Army vehicles, and change up the mechanics a bit. More specialized vehicles. And more guns, VZ-58, HK roller delayed, 7.62x39 caliber to. Make all pistols in 9mm, .40 and .45 variations. Screw the "I hate modern warfare" trend. My opinion anyways.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
WWI is lame. I want another modern themed shooter. Bring some European vehicles, Army vehicles, and change up the mechanics a bit. More specialized vehicles. And more guns, VZ-58, HK roller delayed, 7.62x39 caliber to. Make all pistols in 9mm, .40 and .45 variations. Screw the "I hate modern warfare" trend. My opinion anyways.
View Quote

I want a 1500s game where the only guns were handguns and you had to use one hand to hold to pole and the other with a lit matchcord. Those were the days.  The russians had it right. Speak quietly and carry a big bardiche as well.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its a bit old.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

not sure if sarcasm... if not, I'm assuming you're on console and not pc... because there is a hell of a lot of modern stuff out there
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Preordered. Wife doesn't understand why I had to order it 5 months early. Pffft... Women, amirite?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously?  Wow... always has to be one that bitches.  How many modern era shooters are there?  Compare that to the number of WW1 shooters.  Its uncharted territory.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

its a bit old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its a bit old.

Red Orchestra 2
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#30]
So, at what point will Adolf Hitler make an appearance?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:32:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I want a 1500s game where the only guns were handguns and you had to use one hand to hold to pole and the other with a lit matchcord. Those were the days.  The russians had it right. Speak quietly and carry a big bardiche as well.

http://russiapedia.rt.com/files/galleries/street-of-history/street-of-history_13.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://russiapedia.rt.com/files/galleries/street-of-history/street-of-history_13.jpg

mount and blade, warband
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Hope it doesnt turn out like Hardline did for me.........nothing but a revamp with DLC for BF4 it felt like.

Maybe I can channel my inner red barron as long as they didnt port over the controls and mechanics from war thunder.......wouldnt put it past them either lol
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I like it I hope my buddy pre-orders so I can see it in action when it comes out.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#34]
man.. im TRYING to tell myself to get into bf1 but i just cant  ive been a BF fan since day 1 (1942) and have EVERY game / expansion / DLC they ever did up TILL hardline.  Hardline was a joke and should have been DLC at best.  when BF1 was announced, i felt like it was another let down.  bolt actions and tanks that do 10 mph.  i get it that it looks like melee is going to be more of a thing / part of the action...but idk.  it just feels like they are trying WAY to hard.  again.  i will still try the beta but so far it looks like it will be 2 BF titles in a row ill be skipping.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah?  Well I want a 150,000 BC game where where we hit each other in the head with rocks and sticks.    UG!
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Hope it doesnt turn out like Hardline did for me.........nothing but a revamp with DLC for BF4 it felt like.

Maybe I can channel my inner red barron as long as they didnt port over the controls and mechanics from war thunder.......wouldnt put it past them either lol
View Quote

BF4 has gone to shit.  Still a lot of servers up, but they are dominated by someone in a vehicle who knows what they're doing, and with thermal optics.

I look forward to BF1.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yeah?  Well I want a 150,000 BC game where where we hit each other in the head with rocks and sticks.    UG!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here you go

Arfcom Server Thread

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#38]
im ready for this game. i want to be gunning in the back of a bi plane smoking other aircraft
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 2:22:13 AM EDT
[#39]
What are the latest updates?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#40]
I am behind the times because I just learned of this today from another gamer at work. This is exactly what I've been waiting for.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 2:57:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

There's going to be a live play event on June 12th

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh nice. That should reveal a lot.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

also Bethesda showcase this sunday, rumors is theyre announcing the next elder scrolls
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Was this teaser posted yet? It was released a couple days ago, alongside a new portion of BF1's website about weapon classes.

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

also Bethesda showcase this sunday, rumors is theyre announcing the next elder scrolls
View Quote

Can't wait to kill me some more Thalmor scum.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I was watching the live stream, looks amazing. Some people will probably complain about the pace, but it's pretty standard battlefield which IMHO isn't a bad thing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was watching the live stream, looks amazing. Some people will probably complain about the pace, but it's pretty standard battlefield which IMHO isn't a bad thing.
View Quote

It looks epic. I play Verdun on the computer and its a blast and Im sure this will be way way better.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It looks epic. I play Verdun on the computer and its a blast and Im sure this will be way way better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the live stream of the multiplayer was great,weapons look good, environment looks great, buildings and interiors look good. dog fighting looks cool and the bombers i like
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

the live stream of the multiplayer was great,weapons look good, environment looks great, buildings and interiors look good. dog fighting looks cool and the bombers i like
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fighters appear to fly just about as I was hoping they would.  Not too wild and arcadey.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top