Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Posted: 6/8/2015 10:35:41 PM EDT
On sale now on steam, anyone playing?  Been running around solo so far and having a blast.

Ark Trailer

Need an arf clan base shaped like a giant bfl full of tamed dodo birds.

ArK ARFCOM Server info
Search for Arfcom with unofficial and password protected servers checked.

Teamspeak: prime14.bluefangsolutions.com:9895 pw: 87.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Wanted to try it but my pc wont run it. Looks really good from the twitch streams I have watched though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
meh I'm about done with these games.

they all fail to even come close to their promises.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it. I'm lvl 18 right now on official server 30b. Got a wood house and a tamed turtle.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks interdasting  

I picked it up.  Looks like it might be worth 25 bones
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
It's been fun so far.  First PvP style game I've played where not every single person shoots at first sight.  Lots of helpful people looking out for those building in the same area.

Had a neighbor walk buy with his pet T-Rex and for some reason my fat little phomia decided it wanted to taste rex meat.  So now I'm looking for a new pet.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked it up.  Currently on steam.

Messed around for around a half-hour, this morning.  Had to turn everything to low, for now, to increase frame rate.  Looks like the next update for it will be for some optimization stuff, which is needed.  Liking it, so far.  Has some good potential.

I figure on playing a few more single player to try different stuff.  A lot like minecraft but, with dinosaurs and better graphics.  Once things get optimized, I think it's going to rock.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a server setup for my and my friend, if you want to play on a private server let me know.  Only 2 of us.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
After-dinner continuation of solo game delayed...patch downloading.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Heh.  Ran into my first raptor...ow.  But, I won.  

(ETA)  Note to self:  Always carry, at least 2 spears...the first one will break.    4 if you know it's gonna be a fight.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Spinosaur is one bad mofo.  Just lost my herd of tamed dilos lol.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#11]
If you're playing SP, and dont want to deal with other players, should join my server so we can get things rolling faster with building bases and exploring.  Not looking for a public server, just looking for more people to play with.  I'll post the IP when I get home from work.

If you're worried about losing your character, I am pretty sure I can turn on the feature to let you download your character to the server, or I can give you XP to get to the level you are.  

The game isnt so easy solo lol.  Have not made it too far off the east coast.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're playing SP, and dont want to deal with other players, should join my server so we can get things rolling faster with building bases and exploring.  Not looking for a public server, just looking for more people to play with.  I'll post the IP when I get home from work.

If you're worried about losing your character, I am pretty sure I can turn on the feature to let you download your character to the server, or I can give you XP to get to the level you are.  

The game isnt so easy solo lol.  Have not made it too far off the east coast.
View Quote

Mostly just learning.  Just had a Sarco (Giant Croc) demolish me, and my home in solo.  Had just stocked up the chests in prep to go explore and got hammered by it (LOL).  Would start over on server, just because.  Feel free to send the info, if you'd like, and I'll try to connect.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Look for ARFCOM Password: 87.

I wont be home until after 5 EST, soon as I get home I'll play!  

I want to get to some of the harder areas.  Cant get off the damn coast without getting raped.

If for some reason something happens, I can remote in and do whatever needs to be done.

We have a small base on East 1.  Its along the coast towards the big tower thing.  You cant miss it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there a way to join server by IP?  I can't find any unofficial servers listed that don't have an actual name.

Just logged in to my normal character and somebody cut a hole in the back of my house and cleaned out all of chests.  I'm ok with the looting, but would be cool if there was a skill you could acquire to identify the person responsible.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there a way to join server by IP?  I can't find any unofficial servers listed that don't have an actual name.

Just logged in to my normal character and somebody cut a hole in the back of my house and cleaned out all of chests.  I'm ok with the looting, but would be cool if there was a skill you could acquire to identify the person responsible.
View Quote

I renamed it ARFCOM, has  a password.  Sorry forgot about the damn IP thing.  Let me know is you cant find it.  

ETA:  Gotta update server restarting.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Jatobi, thought it was just me overlooking a button somewhere for IP  
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Will try to connect in a bit, then.  If I can bring my character, cool.  If not, will holler.  Hit L15 this morning.  

(ETA)  Or, will just start fresh, not a biggie.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Okay I put it back up, had to update the server, had to leave it a minute had a customer to deal with lol.

Should be up now.

As for characters, when I get home I will figure out how to enable the character thing to let you download your character.  If I cant figure that out, I can give you xp to get to 15

ETA:  Takes server some time to actually come online, so give me 5 mins, should be active and joinable.  If not, I have to fuck with it again, last patch screwed it up and I had to restart it a bunch to get it to work again.

Their server software is so crap.

Server should be joinable now, I see it on lan.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Okay I put it back up, had to update the server, had to leave it a minute had a customer to deal with lol.

Should be up now.

As for characters, when I get home I will figure out how to enable the character thing to let you download your character.  If I cant figure that out, I can give you xp to get to 15

ETA:  Takes server some time to actually come online, so give me 5 mins, should be active and joinable.  If not, I have to fuck with it again, last patch screwed it up and I had to restart it a bunch to get it to work again.

View Quote

Not seeing an 'ARFCOM' listed.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be up now.

Make sure you have the box checked for show password servers.  Look under unofficial.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Make sure you have the box checked for show password servers.  Look under unofficial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be up now.

Yeah, there. Have pw protected shown, full not hidden, unofficial. For 'A's' I have:

AMWs Ark Svr
ARK #474335
Artifact Recovery Kingdom
awesome

And, that would be it.  Did it have a different name, before? If so, what was it?
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, there. Have pw protected shown, full not hidden, unofficial. For 'A's' I have:

AMWs Ark Svr
ARK #474335
awesome

And, that would be it.  Did it have a different name, before? If so, what was it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be up now.

AMWs Ark Svr
ARK #474335
awesome

It was Elthedark but its not now, im showing it as ARFCOM.

Make sure your game is updated.  There was just a patch put out.  I'm on v174

Try searching specifically for ARFCOM.  Add jatobi to friends list on steam I will get in and you can join off me.

Works, was firewall.  Search for Arfcom, unofficial with passwords shown.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#23]
There we go.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone have a TS server we can use for ARK?
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks Jatobi.  Pulled out a spear, saw crosshairs

Acutally being able to aim the slingshot is going to be awesome
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Getting mumble DL'd for coms.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://ts.tagaming.net

nvm, it's not active anymore.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad I left a lasting impression on you.  You never let go, It's ok though, you made me laugh.  Can't believe I hurt you that bad, its pretty sad.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Glad I left a lasting impression on you.  You never let go, It's ok though, you made me laugh.  Can't believe I hurt you that bad, its pretty sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry man, I just picked a bookmark that I thought would have plenty of room. Didn't know it was defunct. Try the asking the WoT TS guys or Murphys Law. They usually have a wide variety of people playing different games.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Basic stuff is built, just gotta get the critter fence built higher.  Well, built higher when the bronto is outside    Bloody thing keeps stepping over the fence.  

Raptors are a pain in the butt, not bad 1v1, though.  Sometimes run into 3-4, though.  Best mark your surroundings when that happens.  And Carnosaurs...Carnosaurs bad...luckily they seem to like eating Jatobi first so it gives me a chance to run away.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Basic stuff is built, just gotta get the critter fence built higher.  Well, built higher when the bronto is outside    Bloody thing keeps stepping over the fence.  

Raptors are a pain in the butt, not bad 1v1, though.  Sometimes run into 3-4, though.  Best mark your surroundings when that happens.  And Carnosaurs...Carnosaurs bad...luckily they seem to like eating Jatobi first so it gives me a chance to run away.  
View Quote

That is very true....  

We need more people though.  Building with 2 people is slow!  We have pet Trikes!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Is the game worth $25? Considering buying it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like it.

Like minecraft?  Like Rust?  Like Dinosaurs?

If yes, then yes
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Jut picked it up...wow sandbox mode much?

Anyways...tried to join the ARFCOM server....clicked to fast and created a default "joe"  no idea how to delete him and start over, so back to single player for now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Jut picked it up...wow sandbox mode much?

Anyways...tried to join the ARFCOM server....clicked to fast and created a default "joe"  no idea how to delete him and start over, so back to single player for now.
View Quote

You go die.  Then create new character.

Head to East 1 spawn.  Will take you to the base.

Your character will always be your account name, but you can name it a 2nd name as well, so it was Torch Joe =P.  Was talking to you in chat.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I like it.

If yes, then yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like it.

If yes, then yes

Cool. I'll buy it tomorrow after I get off work and post in here for directions on how to get to the ARFCOM server.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Fun times had tonight, glad I found this thread or I would be lost!
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:30:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Cool. I'll buy it tomorrow after I get off work and post in here for directions on how to get to the ARFCOM server.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like it.

If yes, then yes

It still needs a lot of optimization.  Sometimes we see 3, or 4 updates on the same day.  Remember, this is still an alpha game.

When you get ready to launch it, go to options and set the graphics to low, to start off with.  If the FPS is good, kick them up a notch, or two.

I started with solo play.  To restart the game in solo, just get the character killed, you can either respawn or, start a new character (and new game).  You can restart characters on servers, the same way...get them kill and make a new one or, respawn.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#39]
The wife and I just bought this, looks pretty cool. We will be jumping on the arfcom server this evening if time allows.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Loving it so far. Even if AccuracyThruVolume's little pet dillos keep being assholes and eating my kills. We've got a nice group and little 3 story place built up (with a modest tower, of course). Probably be working on a fence and barriers this week. Has anyone tried the crops yet? I'm curious if it's faster then just gathering on foot. (plenty of narcoberries everywhere until you NEED narcoberries)

Lost my 3rd Trike last night. the first 2 were jumped by a Carno just as I was finsihing the taming. Number 3 and I were killing a T-rex when some asshole Bronto came up and tail swiped all of us. R.I.P. Spot the III.

Jump on our TS and say hi. Plenty of room on the server we use for new players.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I found where metal mines are.  Went to look for them, found a mountain full of it.

This is what it looks like, has orange running through it.

Same field had obsidian but no use for it yet.  Metal is pretty heavy so cant really take too much with you home.  I took my Raptor to explore the area to find, he cant carry a lot of weight.

Loads of Carnos, T-Rex along the way.  I had to run from a few T-Rex, killed a few Raptors.  It's not a very safe area.

Found a huge fucking bird that likes to eat people...

He swooped down to eat me, Raptor friend ate him instead.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I found where metal mines are.  Went to look for them, found a mountain full of it.

http://i.imgur.com/cj0KEXS.png

Same field had obsidian but no use for it yet.  Metal is pretty heavy so cant really take too much with you home.  I took my Raptor to explore the area to find, he cant carry a lot of weight.

Loads of Carnos, T-Rex along the way.  I had to run from a few T-Rex, killed a few Raptors.  It's not a very safe area.

http://i.imgur.com/R1ZSJ4j.png

http://i.imgur.com/KPx4WRG.png

View Quote

Good pic of the metal rock, thanks. I've also read that rounder rocks near water will have metal, but not alot.

Those birds are assholes. Fucking circle you for 10 mins and wait till you're not looking.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Good pic of the metal rock, thanks. I've also read that rounder rocks near water will have metal, but not alot.

Those birds are assholes. Fucking circle you for 10 mins and wait till you're not looking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/cj0KEXS.png

http://i.imgur.com/R1ZSJ4j.png

http://i.imgur.com/KPx4WRG.png

Supposedly the smooth rocks in the river inlets have "small amounts" of metal, but very little.  Seems same chance at a regular rock honestly.

If you find a cave, you'll find metal.  If you find a mountain, you'll find metal.  I just looked in the distance, found a small mountain north, and ran.  Dangerous but I was on a fast raptor so I could get away from shit.  Getting back wasn't so easy.  Got 63 metal out of it though.  Had some obsidian but had to drop it, fucking T-Rex was catching up and my Raptor couldn't run at full speed.

The birds, that was the first one I've seen.  I wasn't paying attention, he was circling didnt act hostile.  Minding my own business the fucker starts attacking me.  No Raptor and I'd have been dead.

Metal equipment:  I made metal Hatchets.  My god do they help.  One tree got me 20+ wood.  In 30 seconds I was at a 100 stack, maybe more.  Bunch of those small beach palm tree things: 15~25 a pop, maybe I was lucky but geez it was fast.  I used all the metal making hatchets so we have some in base.  When people get on, we need to make a combined effort and go get a shit ton of metal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally made it home and am downloading the game now, once it is downloaded how do I make it onto the Arfcom server?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Finally made it home and am downloading the game now, once it is downloaded how do I make it onto the Arfcom server?
View Quote

Just search for ARFCOM.  PW is 87.

Unofficial server, check the box to show password servers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok cool, its at 55% now so I should be on after bit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Camp ARFCOM

Lots of work still to do....but we have friends now to defend the place!
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#49]
After reading through all this and looking at the screenshots and what not you're all making me want to get it...
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
After reading through all this and looking at the screenshots and what not you're all making me want to get it...
View Quote

And you should get it....step over to the dark side.  Adventure onto the ARK and die....over and over again to Dilos for a while.  

Don't worry, we have large walls, and pointy sticks.  You'll be ok!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top