BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haha yea I think I remember that shot.   The tow launchers are fun too I use the one on Zavod and just keep shooting at the building
View Quote

Do you get kills that way?
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Not usually but I did get a vehicle kill once a guy saw me on it and painted the vehicle haha.
But usually just alot of destruction.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
fire fire.  Remember beavis and butthead.......
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Haha yea I tried watching it a few months back and thought... how did I ever watch this haha. Still classic 90s.  Just like we watched in living color. Not even funny anymore  I still watch the old Chris Farley movies when there on tv.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think I ever sat down and watched beavis and butthead all that much.  I must have a little.  But I watched very little TV in the 90's.  I was a movin and a shakin.....    I played in bands and worked and I sort of resisted watching TV.  I really didn't start watching much TV until the last 7 years or so.  I would watch one or two TV shows with my wife when we got married.  But not a lot.  She was more of a TV watcher.  I remember watching Everwood and Gilmore Girls with her.  LOL.  

I did play a few video games back then.  One of the places I hung out when recording music and practice the guy had a nintendo.  I beat Mike Tyson.  Whoooop.  What year did you graduate High School?  I graduated in 90.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea I didn't watch much tv either growing up I was always running around, biking, sports etc. Untill night time or bad weather. Then after the mil...all I do is work watch TV and game. Haha. I kinda miss the nes contra, Mario, punch out I never beat..

I graduated in '98
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Well good.  I'm not THAT much older than you.  I'm starting to feel like an old man.  Yesterday confirmed it.  I was shooting at 100 yards and I had my M4gery.  I can't see worth a diddly with the carbine iron sight radius.  Had to shoot with a scope on.  With an AR rifle I can still do it, but for some reason the carbine sight radius just makes it really hard to see anything when I'm focusing on the front post.  The target becomes so blurry, it's not even worth trying.  So I slapped my scope on.   I think I need a RDS now.  I've yet to ever own one because I've always liked irons.  Sucks getting old.

And for some reason I can shoot my M&P .45 for crap.  It's so frustraing.  I was really focusing and trying hard.  We were stuck at the 100 yard line yesterday so with the pistols I was just trying to bust some clays on the berm.  And I kid you not, I was doing better with my snubby than my M&P .45.  I don't think it's the gun though.  I think it's me.  But I can shoot other pistols so much better.  I don't know.  Seems to favor the lighter bullets.  I wanted to do a more in depth test of it at closer ranges, but the cops were taking up the range with shorter distances on it.  So I had to shoot at 100 yards.  

Anyways......  I gotta get some more kills with the pistol in the game so I can try the 1911 in there and get my .45 fix on.  Because I'm having a hard time with it in real life.  Wish I had a decent 1911........
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuzzy target clear fsp was how I was trained in the mil. Seemed to have worked I hit the target pretty good.  My best at 500yds was 9/10.. now the rapid fire and trying to keep it tight was a little more challenging for me haha.  

I have 2 rds and they're great nothing fancy I got the primary arms ones and have had them for a couple years and no issues.  They may not be as incredible as an aimpoint but works great for what I want and if I break it I'm out 100 vs 400.

Idk I can't seem to get good groups with either pistol I have lately.. not sure if I'm rushing or if Its the wolf ammo. I really want the apex for the mp 45 though.

The 1911 in the game is great.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I know the the target is going to get fuzzy when focusing on the front sight.   But for me, when using the carbine, the target gets so blurry, I can't even really aim.  I don't have this problem with the 20" Rifle though.  Or guns with a longer sight radius like a battle rifle.  M1a and Garand and 03.  I think it's because the front sight is closer to my face, and it makes it harder for my aging eyes to have any real focus on the further away objects.  It's weird how that 6-8" makes that big of a difference.

I got another mortar kill last night.  It was when someone pointed out a sniper, and you can hear it.  "Spotted a sniper east of your position".  Well I had the mortar already in use and just looked on the pad thing and saw a red triangle that wasn't moving and figured it was him.  Bloop.  Dead.  So cool.  I gotta use my pistol more so I can get the 1911.  I got one kill last night with the M9.  Oh yeah, I think I helped blow up a vehicle with the mortar.  Or something.  I got credit for a kill assist with it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Ohh ok I took what ya said differently.. the rds on your carbine idea should help, I've never used one till I got one about 2-3 years ago and I love it.

Haha nice shot I usually can't find them when I hear where they are.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I've resisted getting a Red Dot.  I don't like the idea of something that needs batteries to work.  My ultimate would be a compact ACOG.  But I doubt I'll ever spend that kind of money on one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea that's a down side since I left one on annnnnd dead battery.... haha

I'd love to have an acog but gees they are expensive or I'm just cheap

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, we did the deed.  We are now owners of an XBox one.  The dude at the store claims they'll probably shut down 360 soon for online.  Well, like summer or something.  He said when they went from xbox to xbox 360, the only let online gaming go for another 18 months for the xbox.  I didn't even realize that.  I thought they went indefinitely.  

We didn't set it up and we're probably not going to until after Christmas.  We bought blops III because it was on sale for 40 bucks.  I'm mildly interested, but more interested in The Division.  And wonder what the battlefield series will come up with.  I'm not going to quit playing bf4 for a while though.  I like it too much.  I'm up to 18 kills with the mortar.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Man I hope not... I've got to much invested in the 360 as is .   But the way they want more money I wouldn't doubt it

The graphics are soo much better on the 1 though.  

18 kills... nice I may have 2 haha. I know I like the game alot too and it'll suck if it shuts down and have to start allll over again.

I really hope they don't go futuristic with the next ones I like the present day combat game.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#15]
The futuristic stuff seems all the rage with the kidz....  I don't like it either.  I would love a WWII game with the way these new ones work.  But I don't think the kids are that into WWII and I'm not sure one of the bigger games will go that route.  Or even Vietnam or something.  Something NOT futuristic though.   They all like the gadgets and stuff and in a WWII game, you don't have red dots and different camos for guns and all that.  But they need to make a good game for us old guys.  

I have no clue if the dude in the store is right.  I'm' sure there is some truth in the matter if you can't really play online with the older systems......
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Right I'd go for some older war types.  sorry I can't jump 100 ft in the air and shoot ya with my auto rifle that shoot tracking rounds haha.

I'm sure it'll fade out in time like the rest of them  I don't see why that can't with all the tech that's out now...
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Right I'd go for some older war types.  sorry I can't jump 100 ft in the air and shoot ya with my auto rifle that shoot tracking rounds haha.

I'm sure it'll fade out in time like the rest of them  I don't see why that can't with all the tech that's out now...
View Quote

Yeah, Black Ops III has that jumping thing.  I'm like.    Then my son tells me there is the thing where if you hip fire a certain shotgun, the pattern is wider, and then if you aim the gun, the patter in is a lot tighter and shoots more like a slug.  I'm like .   Why in the world do they put things in there that are completely bogus.  So much of the gun stuff is trying to mimic real guns, and then they throw in some stupid anomoly that has no real life basis.  Like in Ghosts they had this gun called a "ripper".  And it was a submachine gun AND an assault rifle, all in one.  With only one barrel and from what I can tell only one magazine that was this huge circle. Looked like some kind of newfangled nail gun.  If they could explain to me how they engineered it, I suppose there is some off chance possibility that it would make sense.  But it really doesn't.  That kind of stuff totally turns me off to a game.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Right unless I'm playing halo or destiny leave the guns more realistic and not to far fetched. The one game I like the best for the gun accuracy is moh tier 1. And it's a fun game (story mode)

The kids got bf hardline for a gift and they say it's pretty good. A little cops and robbers action haha, I'll have to try it out when theyre not playing it that is...

Dragon valley bf4 dlc map is out and double xp too.  To bad I couldn't email my xbox to dl the map so Itd be ready for when I get home haha.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I need to use up a 25 gift certificate.  I wonder if I could use it for Dragon Valley.  I just did an update today.  I couldn't play last night because it needed to update before I could play.  It took about 2 hours.....  

I'm up to 200 kills with the U100    I think I'm going to play some assault guy, so I can try out the M16A4....
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#20]
It should be a free dl. So I prob need the update and the dl now well I'm not playing for awhile haha.

Man I haven't played in awhile. The M16 isnt too bad

Nm I guess the dlc for the x1 I hear....  

Played a little tonight and man that mortar is fun now that I figured out how to really use it haha got 5 or 6 kills on Rouge transmission 2 were from a tank kill.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#21]
You got a tank?????  Somebody else must've been firing at it too.  LOL.  Otherwise it takes like a zillion hits with a mortar.  But sometimes if some engineer was lighting it up with something, you can finish them off with a mortar.  It is a ton of fun......

I started to play assault last night, but then switched back to support because I do better with it.  LOL.  I didn't get any mortar kills though.  I was trying.  I think I was at least irritating some guys though.  LOL.  

I think I'm going to get a primary arms advanced micro for Christmas for myself.......   Seems like the best one out of the cheaper optics.  I remember when aimpoints only had 50k hour battery life.....  Or maybe that's their rating still.   I forget...
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#22]
It was about 4 direct hits  may have had help idk but I got the kill hit haha.

Yea it's fun to just shoot and scare them too..I had a guy shooting my mortar that was a few feet from where I was hiding I went to stop him but I got stopped  I tried to put it on a hill but no go it likes flat surfaces... I did find a great spot that could reach 2 flag areas though. Its between the hills closer to the right side flag by the tower if you look up from under the dish. Hard to explain haha

I have 2 pa red dots and they're both great.  Are you getting the one that's NV capable?
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Played last night and did good on goldmund rail, I took out the attack helio with the rpg 1 shot with that thing.. he was flying right at me and boom haha.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice.  You get a gold star from me for taking out a helo....  I always shoot at them with my gun hoping I might hit somebody in the doorway or something.  But I don't think the heli itself takes damage from 5.56 or .308.   At least not that I know of......

I didin't somebody else could fire your mortar...  But what's weird is that now that you mention it, I swear one time I was firing my mortar and then I heard more mortar shots besides the ones I was doing.  I just assumed another guy had another one out.  Maybe another support guy can just pull his pad out and use whatever mortar is out.....  ????   I was trying to play some assault class again last night, but man I just do so much better with the U100......

Yeah, I'm kind of waffling about the PA advanced micro (I think it does have NV capabilities) but it's probably the one I'm going to order.  There are some other ones that keep me wondering if I should go with them.  I should order soon though because I've heard they can go out of stock quickly......
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Yea I shoot them with the guns too but nothing happens but woth the airburst gun it'll do little damage to vehicles.

I have no idea if someone can use the same mortar I havent see or heard of it but maybe its possible...

Man I didnt do good at all today to a point I ranked up and quit for the night haha (no rage quit though)  

I don't have any personal experience with any other rds but the pa ones. I do want to get the lmt a2 sites.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a carry handle I chopped down with a chop saw and took a belt sander to smooth it out a little.  It's not overly pretty, but it worked.......  

I painted it dark brown.  

My son is saying xbox one is hacked and people can't play online right now.  Seriously?????  I keep trying to be another guy but I do well with the support guy......  Or it's just the U100 that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.  It's not super great at spitting distances.  I have an acog on it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks factory  

Hacked really?? That's horrible.  

Haha yea it's hard to find an all around gun and sight combo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I keep forgetting to transition to my pistol indoors.  Might help.  At least I might get some kills so I can level up to the 1911.

You getting anything gun related for Christmas?
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Yea it'll help If you have a magnified optic on, not so much if they have a shotgun though..

Not unless I buy it haha.

Heres the 308 I need a scope for, so I may buy myself a scope for a gift

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow, boomstick right there.....  Nice.

In this video they talk about a PA scope that he has on a savage rifle.......   And a budget ziess for like 320 for a zeiss....

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Never really used a scope so it'll be something I'll need to really figure out, but if it's like the game I'll be fine  did I see an at4 behind him

That's the pa scope I've been looking at for awhile now I'll probably get that one just need to figure out what reticle I want they have so many....

The zeiss scopes I've seen were $$$ and the 320 is definitely a budget one haha.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#32]
You gonna handload for that bad boy?  Match .308 can get pricey.  But better than some of the bigger sniper calibers I guess.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I have no reload equipment  

Man idk what was going on Saturday I ranked up twice in one match  it must of been from all the vehicles I was in getting points that way.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice!  I'm out of town right now so I can't play.  You exercising your mortar much still?

I'm still deciding on the pa micro dot for my carbine.  But I think I'm gonna order it.  That would be my first red dot......

Did it help to give you an ammo box that one time you were sniping on lancang dam?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Not too much I was in the tanks etc alot .

The pa rds work great and don't cost a fortune.

Yea till a guy finally found me and shot it. Haha
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I forget how many rounds you get as a sniper.  I don't usually live long enough to run out of ammo.  LOL

My son has been watching youtube vids of black ops III because thats his thing and blaaaaa, I don't like the looks of it at all.  In fact it doesn't look a whole lot different than black ops II.  Just updated.  To me its a very.... unrealistic maybe... looking game.  Cartoonish.

I wonder what battlefield they'll come out with for the one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#37]
A good amount of ammo.

Yea I didn't care for Bo to much

Idk hope nothing to futuristic
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#38]
So what did you get for Christmas?  1k rounds of .45, 9mm, 5.56 and .308.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 2:15:58 AM EDT
[#39]
That'd be nice.. nah I told my girl not to get anything just get for the kids..moneys tight this year. We'll get something at tax time for each other..  

I was thinking about the ruger lc9s in purple for her...  

Man idk what happend I was doing so good  then today Strang how bf4 works like that
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I think it just depends on who you're playing with.  Some days I feel like John Wayne and then other days it's Steve Urkel...

We just pulled the xbox one out of the box to set up and both our TV's are anaolog.  No RCA patches, just hdmi cables.  I'm like.......  Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh noooo.  I've been there and it doesn't stop either... well we need this for this and then we need that for this etc
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, I caved and just bought a vizio 39"er.  It's not a "smart" tv.  Just a dumb one I guess...  but hopefully it should make the graphics be good.  And work.  My friend gave me an HDMI cable for the 360, so that might look a bit better too while I'm at it.  

It all costs too much and I'd rather just keep what works.  Upside is that a young guy from church said he was looking for a TV when I called him and asked him if he wanted the tube tv we have now.  Which is good because it irritates me if it worked and it was just going to go into a landfill.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm not a fan of the "smart ones" anyway I don't need all the extra apps it comes with.. you'll definitely notice a difference with hdmi hooked up.

The only thing I look for is the pixels and refresh rate so it gets the best I can afford hd..

That's what I do too, I'll give a tv away before trashing it.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, it worked out good because when I asked him if he could use a TV he was like, "I was just looking for one lately".   So, Praise the LORD.  

I played a little last night.  I wasn't doing overly well.  But I had an awesome sniper kill.  On golmud by the A flag there are some hills way at the top of the map, pretty far off.  Well this dude was sniping up there and got me after a few shots when I was on the rooftop.  And he made the mistake of not moving.  I had to spawn back down at the C flag, and get closer but I found him, and I had to hold real high because it was a pretty long shot.  I think I held two and a half dots up.  I got so lucky because first shot nailed him.  Head shot because he was prone and he was toast.  I laughed out loud.  It was luck.  But felt so good.  

We're finally getting snow today........

My son was over at a friends house last night who has xbox one and black ops III and I got to watch him play a bit.  It looks so.......  not real.  They look like star wars guys and they're camo's are all like colors and just stupid looking if you ask me.  But my son seems to like all that.  I just will have a hard time getting into that.  I'm going to have to find another game to play.  Because it just looks dumb to me......    I guess I'm being picky.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Haha nice shot..

The snow will be here tomorrow for us.

That's how I feel to about Bo, meh..

Bf hardline looks crappy and cheaply made I don't see myself playing that one either.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm really excited to see how BF4 looks and sounds on the new TV.  If they get rid of 360 online play, I may just have to buy BF4 for the one.  But it would be nice if someone came out with a realistic and not futuristic type shooter game.  Or just by the older ones.  My brother played bf 1943 some and says it's a good game.  He mostly plays offline though because he says everyone is so much better than him.....  LOL.  

Last couple days I've been consciously making my pistol my primary with whatever guy I'm using so I can get some more pistol kills to get the 1911.  It's actually a ton of fun.  I got more kills on locker that way than I have at times with a carbine.  I think I got 10.  Check this out, when I logged on last night I caught the very end of a game on locker and the top guy on the other team had 62 kills . I was like WAAAH?  

I'm up over 20 kills with mortar.  I think I got like 4 in one game.  It was sweet.  That was on golmud.  Except the other team had a guy in that artillery truck thingy and got me twice with that thing.  BOOM.  LOL.

One more thing that was weird.  I got this voice message from a dude and it said "Take that dropshot sh*( back to call of duty you piece of sh*&".  I was like, what the heck?  I don't even mean to drop shot.  I just set it up that way because it's better than making the knife whip out and then be standing there with a knife at a gunfight.  LOL.  I can't believe someone would be so mad about me drop shotting that he'd leave a hostile message.  I mean the point of the game is to kill each other.  Who cares how you do it????????????  
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#47]
He's not all wrong about online play some people are just on it 24 7 it seems  haha.

62 is really good.. try out a max ticket one and you'll see a good 100+ kills on the board

There's alot of poorsports out there that's why I've been kicked alot for sniping I take it as a compliment that I must be doing good enough to bug them...haha...  he sounds like one of them "it's not fair you killed me...blah..." I hate the servers with all the rules it's so dumb.

I was surprised I didn't get kicked for sniping this one match. (From where you left the ammo crate that one time)  I shot the same guy 5 times and he never could find me. We had 4 in the team that match it was soo fun to have a firing squad with comms.the oldest kid and I did over watch  
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He's not all wrong about online play some people are just on it 24 7 it seems  haha.

62 is really good.. try out a max ticket one and you'll see a good 100+ kills on the board

There's alot of poorsports out there that's why I've been kicked alot for sniping I take it as a compliment that I must be doing good enough to bug them...haha...  he sounds like one of them "it's not fair you killed me...blah..." I hate the servers with all the rules it's so dumb.

I was surprised I didn't get kicked for sniping this one match. (From where you left the ammo crate that one time)  I shot the same guy 5 times and he never could find me. We had 4 in the team that match it was soo fun to have a firing squad with comms.the oldest kid and I did over watch  
View Quote

AAWWWWW dang, I should really get a headset.  I didn't know we had that many guys in there that time.  You got the same guy 5 times????  LOL.  I've been killed by the same guy quite a few times in a game before too.  I don't think I've ever killed the same guy that many times.  I can't keep track of all the words as they come up.  It might be our tv, you can't see it real good.  That may change after we get the new one up.

Have you ever played bf 1943 online?  I might have to check it out.  But I'm having a ton of fun with the pistol now.  I'm trying to use it as my primary and then drop some mortars on people when I can.  Or snipe if I need to countersnipe.  Set a few claymores....  I'm up to 50 kills with claymores.  I've got 25 kills with the mortar.....  And my M9 I've got  141 kills so far.   Woooohoooooo!!!!!  I want to like the Rex .357 revolver, but every time I get in a gunfight with it, it's too slow.  I think I only managed to rack up a few kills with it.  I like how the Glock handles, but it takes one more shot to kill over the M9.   At the pop up range the M9 will knock down in 4 and the glock takes 5.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Ohh no the squad was a couple days after we played.  But a mic does make it easier to know what each other is doing haha. I hear ya Ive been killed like that too Yea the hdmi makes a big difference.

Nope I've just seen 1943 played by the kids haven't tried it. The 45 compact takes a few shots also and so doesn't the 1911. The 44 revolver on the other hand.. haha but it's slow.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Oooooooh, I wonder how many shots it DOES take with either the 1911 or Compact .45.  My son really wants the compact .45 for some reason.....   I feel like I actually do pretty well with the M9 though.  And probably as soon as I get the 1911 I'm gonna go, meh, I like the M9 better.  LOL.  The grass is always greener.  

I'm sort of on a quest to get a G26 in real life.  I think it would be good for those times I want more than my 442.  Get some of those Pearce grip extensions and be off to the races.  You ever shoot one?  It wasn't really on my radar until now.  I don't like how the grip is so small, but the I saw those grip extenders for the mag.  Plus Stephen Camp (a HiPower guru) said he likes the Glock 26.  I should say, "liked".  He is no longer with us.

www.hipowersandhandguns.com

Oh no, I hope they didn't take his site down.  It was full of good info............  ugh.
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top