BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 174
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That seems like a good guess, but nobody seems to know.

The strange thing is the registration to purchase, since you can't gift over $1000 so resellers shouldn't be a factor.

The fact that I'm even considering it surprises me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone said that the Kraken is $1300.
That seems like a good guess, but nobody seems to know.

The strange thing is the registration to purchase, since you can't gift over $1000 so resellers shouldn't be a factor.

The fact that I'm even considering it surprises me.
I bet they're deciding if you're likely to resell your account or not.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
So is 3.3 out for everyone to fly?  I just launched and it shows no update.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So is 3.3 out for everyone to fly?  I just launched and it shows no update.
View Quote
PTU for avacados, monocle holders, and a few others currently.  Likely going full PTU for everyone soon though.  After a few more bugs get worked out it'll go live though.  They're pushing at least one ptu patch a day right now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Great to hear.  Hope they fix the low power warning bug on my SuperHornet.  Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:40:33 AM EDT
[#5]
The Hammerhead supposedly has been upgraded to 24 S5 guns.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:32:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
My body is ready. My Warthog binds, not so much.

I still haven't applied my Phoenix upgraded to my Connie since I'm unsure of the gameplay that will be available for it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I still haven't applied my Phoenix upgraded to my Connie since I'm unsure of the gameplay that will be available for it.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
Well, you'll know in a few weeks.  The Phoenix is in 3.3

Also, note to self: run the fuck away from a pissed off Hammerhead.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Concierge are in the first wave of non-avocado PTU invites, I just have to not be lazy and download everything since I haven't logged in since 2017. Phoenix + Hammerhead + Polaris and I'm well over the limit even before considering my smaller stuff.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Concierge are in the first wave of non-avocado PTU invites, I just have to not be lazy and download everything since I haven't logged in since 2017. Phoenix + Hammerhead + Polaris and I'm well over the limit even before considering my smaller stuff.

Kharn
View Quote
With all the game and installer changes, IMO it might be easier to nuke and download/install fresh.  You'll essentially have to replace it all anyhow.  Also, holy hell.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
With all the game and installer changes, IMO it might be easier to nuke and download/install fresh.  You'll essentially have to replace it all anyhow.  Also, holy hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
I'd recommend a fresh install as well.  I don't even recall when the incremental updater was released, but in your shoes I'd rather trust a new install - assuming you have some relatively modern connection.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Delta patcher worked fine.

Phoenix is sweettttt, just can't find the button to lower the cargo elevator.

Hammerhead is f'ing huge. The ship summoning computer even calls it a corvette, the same class as the Polaris, so it might have gotten an upgrade to capital-ship.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hammerhead is f'ing huge. The ship summoning computer even calls it a corvette, the same class as the Polaris, so it might have gotten an upgrade to capital-ship.  

Kharn
View Quote
Pretty sure it was always described as a corvette.  It's just much smaller than a Polaris.  I have one but I'm worried it's much too big for me considering I'm wanting to just solo most of the time or run a small NPC crew.  No idea what I'd replace it with though.  Honestly I'd love an Apollo or Valkyrie with just a cargo section instead of their mission specific areas.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pretty sure it was always described as a corvette.  It's just much smaller than a Polaris.  I have one but I'm worried it's much too big for me considering I'm wanting to just solo most of the time or run a small NPC crew.  No idea what I'd replace it with though.  Honestly I'd love an Apollo or Valkyrie with just a cargo section instead of their mission specific areas.  Oh well.
View Quote
I can relate to this. There's so many cool ships but I'm flying my Cutlass most of the time. It's good though that people can get into the game with an Avenger Titan or Cutlass and not be disadvantaged, if that wasn't true the business model would be a bigger problem.

HH will be a monster when we can put AI in turrets, that's the biggest balance issue I see in the whole game.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m thinking the Idris is getting another size bump. I got a CIG email that had Anvil commenting about how Drake was cute with their new carrier and the Idris will kick its butt.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’m thinking the Idris is getting another size bump. I got a CIG email that had Anvil commenting about how Drake was cute with their new carrier and the Idris will kick its butt.
View Quote
This is due to their marketing implying that the Kraken is overall better than the Idris.

People are probably melting Idrii and requesting refunds so CIG is trying to get ahead of that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:51:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote
I never cared for the idea of a luxury spaceship but yeah that bro outdid himself with the Phoenix. It looks amazing. He also made the Cutlass amazing. He needs to remake the Retaliator now. The interior and torpedo bays are both completely fucking stupid and the exterior took a hit in the aesthetics department compared to the concept art.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:55:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I can relate to this. There's so many cool ships but I'm flying my Cutlass most of the time. It's good though that people can get into the game with an Avenger Titan or Cutlass and not be disadvantaged, if that wasn't true the business model would be a bigger problem.

HH will be a monster when we can put AI in turrets, that's the biggest balance issue I see in the whole game.
View Quote
I love the Cutlass and think it's the best overall "starter" ship. It's probably the best overall ship if we're going by how many boxes we can check. It's maneuverable, has firepower, a turret for your buddy, cargo room, beds, weapon racks, lockers, it can carry a cyclone or Nox, it has jump seats for passengers, and it even looks cool as hell to top it off. For putzing around I always hop in my Cutlass.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I love the Cutlass and think it's the best overall "starter" ship. It's probably the best overall ship if we're going by how many boxes we can check. It's maneuverable, has firepower, a turret for your buddy, cargo room, beds, weapon racks, lockers, it can carry a cyclone or Nox, it has jump seats for passengers, and it even looks cool as hell to top it off. For putzing around I always hop in my Cutlass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why they need a competitor for it that does something very similar.  Same with the Avenger.  I'd probably be fine with either one but I think they both look horrible.  I'm glad others like them both and have several friends that pop chubs just talking about them.  They're just not for me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:17:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm in love with the Hammerhead, but I have three rather large complaints:

1) They insisted on keeping the void space in the center for character when it was valuable real estate that could have been used for oh more cargo room or maybe...
2) A FREAKING INFIRMARY AND ARMORY. There's no infirmary or armory onboard a military ship of this size. They could have easily put them into the space they insisted be open to vacuum in the center of the ship.
3) The turret angles are terrible. I hope this is a bug because they were sold as being able to provide unparalleled arcs of fire/coverage for the ship. Right now they can barely swivel up or down. If this isn't fixed the ship will have glaring vulnerabilities from above and below.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I suspect the arcs of fire are intentional to limit the amount of firepower it can put on one target and give it vulnerabilities.

Many ships waste a ton of space and have obvious flaws, some of that is necessary I suppose for balance and diversity but some of the design choices are pretty cringe.

I agree on the Avenger and Cutlass aesthetics, they're not pretty. Doubt they'll get direct competitors, they need to avoid devaluing older pledges.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:26:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I suspect the arcs of fire are intentional to limit the amount of firepower it can put on one target and give it vulnerabilities.
View Quote
I thought the whole point of the Hammerhead was turrets that extend out from the ship to give it sweeping, overlapping arcs of fire?
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
They called it a "patrol ship," and said it was not a capital-class ship.

Quoted:

1) They insisted on keeping the void space in the center for character when it was valuable real estate that could have been used for oh more cargo room or maybe...
2) A FREAKING INFIRMARY AND ARMORY. There's no infirmary or armory onboard a military ship of this size. They could have easily put them into the space they insisted be open to vacuum in the center of the ship.
3) The turret angles are terrible. I hope this is a bug because they were sold as being able to provide unparalleled arcs of fire/coverage for the ship. Right now they can barely swivel up or down. If this isn't fixed the ship will have glaring vulnerabilities from above and below.
My main complaint? I can't get in. It takes me almost the entirety of the pad timer to get one of the docking port hatches to open and lower the elevator for me. I've never managed to find the bridge before the timer ran out. You'd think a corvette would come with a remote fob or mobiglass app instead of manual locks.

The front ramming door needs a huge "This opens to vacuum!" warning light or placard on it, I've gone out that before, and since the door curves underneath your feet, by the time you step forward enough to open it, you're standing on the door itself so you drop out of the ship.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it fits in my Polaris by the time they're done modeling that one's landing bay, the Cutlass will definitely will be my favorite small(er) ship. Carrier on-board delivery, good punch, assault craft, etc all in one, when you can only bring one craft? Sign me up.

I have a Black-to-blue upgrade in hock, I'll have to decide if I want to spend the money to get that back when the update is done.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My main complaint? I can't get in. It takes me almost the entirety of the pad timer to get one of the docking port hatches to open and lower the elevator for me. I've never managed to find the bridge before the timer ran out. You'd think a corvette would come with a remote fob or mobiglass app instead of manual locks.

The front ramming door needs a huge "This opens to vacuum!" warning light or placard on it, I've gone out that before, and since the door curves underneath your feet, by the time you step forward enough to open it, you're standing on the door itself so you drop out of the ship.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Quoted:

Kharn
Ok, thanks for the correction.  What did they add with the second deck?  None of the crew areas can act like an emergency med bay?

I completely agree about the wasted area with the open section.  Close that up and you have room for the shit it needs.  I'm excited to try it once 3.3 goes live.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't know when they added the second deck, but it was announced about 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I thought the whole point of the Hammerhead was turrets that extend out from the ship to give it sweeping, overlapping arcs of fire?
View Quote
I think you'll still get that, but you might need to coordinate with the pilot and decouple in combat. What you probably won't get is the ability to put 5-6 turrets on the same target, especially now that they buffed them to size 5s.

It might just be a bug, lots of stuff isn't WAI in PTU.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#28]
They implemented/fixed the open/close functionality to the Cutlass's jump seats! You can now easily park a cyclone inside without driving over the seats.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm almost certain that the Hammerhead turrets are bugged at the moment. They are pitiful when it comes to their arcs of fire.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote
You're supposed to get in through the cargo bay. That small elevator in the belly is bugged and isn't supposed to extend outside the ship. I had the same problem. Run over to the ass end where the cargo elevator is and enter that way.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#31]
The two forward docking port elevators work properly,  if you can jump and hit the exact spot in midair to call them. Why docking ports have elevators is a different question...

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#32]
OK Im loading the newest version now. 3.2.2, havnt played in about a year

I purchased the Mustang Alpha when I first started and stent most of my time in Arena Commander.

How is the dogfights on the current version? Game has so much info its hard to find specifics
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't think flight is horrible but they're changing the whole flight model in Dec. and it should be better then.

It's very fast ATM, thrust is very high. You're basically limited by black/white out effects even in slower ships.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#34]
email I got the other day:

Aegis Dynamics on the changing face of private-use capital ships.

October 12th, 2018

As another year’s CitizenCon drew to a close, we all walked away with new insight into the technology, engineering, and security that will define our future. This year’s primary sponsor, Drake Interplanetary, certainly didn’t miss the opportunity to reveal a surprise of their own with the Kraken.

Shortly after their presentation ended, a representative from Aegis’ Outreach Department contacted us and wanted us to pass along the following message to our members who own an Idris:

We would like to take this opportunity to reach out to you, the esteemed members of the Chairman’s Club, to assure you that while we were considerably amused by Drake Interplanetary’s inflammatory unveiling of their new carrier ship, the baseless claims made by their sales reps and advertisements violate several Imperial broadcast standards. As such, we’ve expressed our concerns to the New Formats & Standards Commission of the UEE, who have decided to look into the matter.

While we at Aegis welcome adversity in the spirit of competition, Drake’s actions are flagrant misrepresentations of our products and we have worked hard to keep our tradition untarnished.

Desmond Kilson
Outreach Associate
"The future is closer than you think."
View Quote
I love these little bits of world-building they send out.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I think I'm going to wait until the 3.3 live release to do any serious playing.

It's also way past my time to upgrade to a new CPU, motherboard, and RAM setup. I'm still rocking an i7-3770K and DDR3 RAM. It gets the job done but newer CPUs are literally more than twice as fast and my current CPU has been a bottleneck for my GTX 1080 ever since I bought it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think I'm going to wait until the 3.3 live release to do any serious playing.

It's also way past my time to upgrade to a new CPU, motherboard, and RAM setup. I'm still rocking an i7-3770K and DDR3 RAM. It gets the job done but newer CPUs are literally more than twice as fast and my current CPU has been a bottleneck for my GTX 1080 ever since I bought it.
View Quote
I’ll need to upgrade to seriously play again.  I’m just going to wait though, until it gets closer to release since it’s the only game my system can’t handle right now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Just as a reminder though, the game is super CPU heavy right now, as it hasn't been optimized to offload a lot of crunching to the GPU sets yet.  Waiting to see what happens is worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just as a reminder though, the game is super CPU heavy right now, as it hasn't been optimized to offload a lot of crunching to the GPU sets yet.  Waiting to see what happens is worth it IMO.
View Quote
Yeah. Object container streaming and bind culling were a huge help but there's still more optimization that will be done. My CPU will be six years old in February IIRC and it's just time to move on though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Freaking Robbaz

Star Citizen - FOIP Face Tracking #1 - Space Shopping
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#40]
So what's the best way to buy into this game now? I don't think I will want to play it until 3.4 or later, so if there are supposed to be sales in the near future I would be willing to wait.

I see lots of stuff for sale on reddit, but can't make heads or tails of it. Is there still a good way to get LTI, and is it worth it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Do you want the cheapest way to get into the game or the best way?
Do you care about the singleplayer game or not?

Do you care about LTI or not?

Right now $60 will get you both the MP and SP games.
I have some of the old $45 dollar packages that have both games + an upgraded Aurora LN.

There is a chance in the future they may sell some of the 30 or 35 dollar packages again, we don't know when.

If you care about LTI you need to either get an old LTI package, or one of the new expensive LTI packages.  New ships are also sold with LTI when purchased with fresh cash.  
If there is some particular ship you want with LTI, might be easiest to get some some cheap LTI ship (like an old dragonfly or P72) and upgrade it into the ship you want.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I definitely want SQ42.

I might be interested in LTI but its value is difficult to judge without more information.  I would assume that it is more beneficial on big expensive hulls.  I don't plan on spending hundreds on a huge starship, so LTI might not be worth it for me.

I am more interested in combat than industry, but in addition to a good single seat fighter, I also want something bigger and more versatile (something like a Cutlass?).  My current plan is to wait until ships can be rented or bought with earned in game currency so I can decide what I want to buy with USD and what I want to grind for.  I will probably start with a versatile ship to earn the credits for a high-end fighter.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#43]
You don't need anything more than a basic starter pack.

Now if you want to support the development of the game, you can pledge more money, and get more in return.

I have most all the older ships and items in my buy back list.  If there is something in particular you are looking for, I'll gladly sell it to you at cost.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I definitely want SQ42.

I might be interested in LTI but its value is difficult to judge without more information.  I would assume that it is more beneficial on big expensive hulls.  I don't plan on spending hundreds on a huge starship, so LTI might not be worth it for me.

I am more interested in combat than industry, but in addition to a good single seat fighter, I also want something bigger and more versatile (something like a Cutlass?).  My current plan is to wait until ships can be rented or bought with earned in game currency so I can decide what I want to buy with USD and what I want to grind for.  I will probably start with a versatile ship to earn the credits for a high-end fighter.
View Quote
You could wait for the anniversary sale next month, or just buy a cheap Mustang package now and plan on melting it for credit next month and doing something else. You might like an Avenger Titan, good do-everything ship for the alpha game anyway and only $20 for the upgrade from a Mustang. Cutlass is a great choice too.

Usually stuff comes with much longer insurance during the sale, think it was 60 months last year.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#45]
The 3.2.2 seems to lag like crazy with me.

mostly in Port Olisar. It ran just fine a couple patches ago.

any ideas what is up...memory leak ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm finally giving up and selling my account.  Two years ago the fanboys flamed me for saying there would be no beta in 2018 or SQ42.  I feel safe to say now there will be no major content release until 2021.

They stopped doing refunds this year so I'll lose a few grand but at this point I'd rather use the money elsewhere and move on.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm finally giving up and selling my account.  Two years ago the fanboys flamed me for saying there would be no beta in 2018 or SQ42.  I feel safe to say now there will be no major content release until 2021.

They stopped doing refunds this year so I'll lose a few grand but at this point I'd rather use the money elsewhere and move on.
View Quote
Did you watch any of the content from CitizenCon?  I think there will be some substantial changes by 3.4 (personal expectation is Q1 of '19) and that the tools have been built to allow reduced production times on planets and other content.

Your money, your account, so it's your call, obviously.  But I do believe that you're making a bad call.

Beta could happen in 2020, but let's look at what would have to be accomplished to honestly call it a beta rather than an alpha.  The basic game mechanics would have to be in place.  This means the flight model stabilized, mining, trade, NPC interactions and Subsumption (those are the big ones), etc, etc, etc.  This will also include Stanton more or less complete and one working Jump Point to another system, whether anything's in the new system or not.  The automated development of systems and planets will have to be in a workable state, needing only parametric tweaking.  I believe this can be done in the next 14 - 26 months.  Systems can be generated fairly quickly after that, with the majority of the work being the hand placement of unique items and places, and mission scripting (including the mission giver).
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Just got an email saying I'm in "Wave 2" for the Kraken.

"Ready yourself. Your wave begins Saturday, October 20th 03:00 UTC. It continues through October 31st at 06:59am UTC. Pledging options are first-come-first-serve, so if you want to captain the helm of a bold and hopeful future, get in now."
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll give you $40 and a Red Lobster coupon.

PS:  I'm kidding about the Red Lobster coupon.  Don't want to get called on a welch on the deal if you take me up on it.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just got an email saying I'm in "Wave 2" for the Kraken.

"Ready yourself. Your wave begins Saturday, October 20th 03:00 UTC. It continues through October 31st at 06:59am UTC. Pledging options are first-come-first-serve, so if you want to captain the helm of a bold and hopeful future, get in now."
View Quote
Seems like the waves are based on how much you've spent...I'm in wave 7.

$1400 is a lot for pixels, I wonder how much the divorce would cost on top of that.
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top