Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 174
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
- deleted -

Holy crap, not sure what's going on with this sale, but it's a shitstorm of misinformation right now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
- deleted -

Holy crap, not sure what's going on with this sale, but it's a shitstorm of misinformation right now.
View Quote
You didn't accidentally buy two of them did you?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
- deleted -

View Quote
What'd I miss?

Anyway I passed on kraken, from the fundraising looks like they sold 1000.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You didn't accidentally buy two of them did you?
View Quote
Naaa, haven't bought one.  It's sorta what I want, but it's Drake (not a fan), and I really needed it to have a trade kiosk.  The Drake part I could live with, the kiosk is a deal breaker, though.  I think it's a terrific small org base...mobile space truck stop it is not.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did you watch any of the content from CitizenCon?  I think there will be some substantial changes by 3.4 (personal expectation is Q1 of '19) and that the tools have been built to allow reduced production times on planets and other content.

Your money, your account, so it's your call, obviously.  But I do believe that you're making a bad call.

Beta could happen in 2020, but let's look at what would have to be accomplished to honestly call it a beta rather than an alpha.  The basic game mechanics would have to be in place.  This means the flight model stabilized, mining, trade, NPC interactions and Subsumption (those are the big ones), etc, etc, etc.  This will also include Stanton more or less complete and one working Jump Point to another system, whether anything's in the new system or not.  The automated development of systems and planets will have to be in a workable state, needing only parametric tweaking.  I believe this can be done in the next 14 - 26 months.  Systems can be generated fairly quickly after that, with the majority of the work being the hand placement of unique items and places, and mission scripting (including the mission giver).
View Quote
I just wish I would have refunded when it was still possible, I think a lot of people have been getting out this way because grey market prices are apparently really depressed right now.  I just completed the transaction, it is a done deal.

A lot of my stuff wasn't giftable (like the Javelin, the price is too high I guess or because I switched stuff around and melted/CCU'd for LTI or the pack is no longer available like the Armada) which brought the value down but at least I got 4800 of my dollars back.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What'd I miss?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
- deleted -

What'd I miss?

Do the Kraken’s shields cover other ships parked on the deck?

The Kraken’s shields cover the hull of the ship and do not cover the ships or people that may be on the exposed landing pads. Ships contained inside the Hangars are covered by the shields. With the improvements to shield tech coming with Single Distance Field in the future, the projected bubble people currently see will be removed with a more hull wrapping projection of shield energy.
Yeah, from the Q&A, I'd pass too. One dude with a Harbinger might pull off a deep-strike bombing run and wreck your entire flight deck.

How does the Kraken’s armor compare to other ships in its size-class, like the Idris?

In true Drake fashion, the approach to construction prizes pragmatism and cost-effectiveness. Consequently, the Kraken is substantially less sturdy than the Idris and other dedicated military ships that are expected to face direct heavy or capital-scale firepower.
With the Kraken being capital ship size will it have escape pods now unlike other Drake ships?

Drake sees no need to provide expensive escape pods when the Kraken can hold plenty of ships to facilitate escape in the “unlikely” event of an emergency.
Can the Kraken equip military grade items or only civilian/industrial?

The Kraken can only equip Civilian and Industrial items and comes with Civilian Grade C items by default.
Bonus jimmy rustling

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, from the Q&A, I'd pass too. One dude with a Harbinger might pull off a deep-strike bombing run and wreck your entire flight deck.

Bonus jimmy rustling

Kharn
View Quote
Yup, almost my exact thoughts reading the Q&A, it's not a ship that fits into any gameplay loops I'm interested in, plus it's crazy money for a digital asset. I bought a Drake package earlier this year and it pretty much has me covered for everything I want to do anyway, already have enough cash in the game.

Might do a little adjusting during the anniversary sale, and might buy a Corsair if they're cool, but that's it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#8]
ok gang,
Elite Dangerous is pretty awesome, but the playerbase is almost all in Europe, which makes MP kinda dificult,.

Is SC still worth it? It looks awesome, and I really need to scratch my Space Privateer itch
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
If you pledge at the basic Aurora level then have patience I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.  After a long time of “soon”, stuff is finally coming together at a decent rate.  If you decide to get more ships then....well I’m still happy with it to date.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is SC still worth it?
View Quote
Does chili have beans?  .45 or 9mm?
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ok gang,
Elite Dangerous is pretty awesome, but the playerbase is almost all in Europe, which makes MP kinda dificult,.

Is SC still worth it? It looks awesome, and I really need to scratch my Space Privateer itch
View Quote
@demoMouse

I'm pretty happy with the prospects it shows.  Mind you it probably won't be released for a few more years, but I'm expecting multiple system play and actual beta by Q4 of next '19 or Q1 of 2020

If you haven't already signed up on the Web site feel free to use my referral code of STAR-WKV5-R46S.  You'll be my 3rd referral, and I think I get a pair of ship guns for it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#12]
3.3 is live as of a couple hours ago.  Going to let it download overnight and give it a go tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#13]
How is 3.3?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How is 3.3?
View Quote
It is a buggy mess.

But I think the Persistent Universe is finally a proper game.  You can earn credits, buy ships in game, and do a variety of gameplay.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Apparently 3.3.5 is heading to the PTU soon.  No idea what the content changes are though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#16]
3.3.5 adds a planet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:52:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I logged in to check out Hurston. Frame rate is low, but Holy fuck the planet is insane. I know it's only the first implementation, but seriously it's amazing. And at night there's really nothing else out there that can compare to the feel and visuals. GTA V is about all I can think of, but the detail isn't there. Of course there's a lot more to do in GTA V, but that will change.

Then there are the areas outside the planet. The entire planet is comparable to or better than any other AAA game in detail and is only going to improve.

Not my screenshot:

Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Free flight starting the 23rd (I think) for ALL flyable ships as part of the anniversary sale.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:47:42 AM EDT
[#19]
The sunset screenshot I took below looks incredible. It almost looks real.

And the Hammerhead because it's so freaking cool. AI crewmen/gunners can't come soon enough:

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm trying the PTU.  Is there any way to fly faster?  My Constellation is maxing out at 190 but it says Max. Safe Speed is over 600.  I hold shift and it gets to about 250.  I'm having difficulty just getting out of the atmosphere.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:58:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm trying the PTU.  Is there any way to fly faster?  My Constellation is maxing out at 190 but it says Max. Safe Speed is over 600.  I hold shift and it gets to about 250.  I'm having difficulty just getting out of the atmosphere.
View Quote
Yes. You use the afterburner to traverse long distances where you can't quantum travel. Hold down the afterburner and you can get up to 800-1000+ in any ship.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 2:29:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Any way to get to Hurston in a Super Hornet?  Every time I select it in the star map, I have enough Q fuel, but it still says out of range for me.  I tried to navigate to a closer asteroid cluster, but still luck.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#23]
3.3.6 is live as of the other day with the free fly and anniversary sale going on now.

New Anvil starter fighter for $65 Anvil Arrow. LTI and flyable now.  Looks like their competition for the Sabre.  
Size 3 turret with 2 slots, but since it's not a crewed turret it only mounts S1.  Could probably do fixed S2 but no idea.  2x S3 mounts (gimballed) carrying S2 Scorpion ballistic chainguns, 2x S2 dual missile racks, and 2x S3 dual missile racks.

Star Citizen: Anvil Aerospace - Arrow

Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#24]
The Arrow can do 3x size 3 fixed, or 2x size 2 gimbled and 2x size 1 gimbled.

The stock loadout is pretty good if you overclock the weapons.  But some seem to feel you are better off replacing the weapons.

It currently has a bug where when you switch between flight modes it doesn't always properly transition and then flys much worse then it is suppose to.

So if you are flying the Arrow and it is really sluggish, cycle landing mode and that may correct the issue.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I CCU'd my Mustang Alpha to an Arrow.  I just love the model, the flight profile, pretty much everything about it.  I've always wanted a ship that was close to an A-Wing and I think this might be it.  I couldn't care less about the turret but being able to mount 3 x S3 on something that small and fast plus have a few missiles to get out of trouble sounds exceptionally fun.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Seems like the Arrow is just better than the more expensive Gladius.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like their competition for the Sabre.  
View Quote
lol, not.  It's a light fighter, with none of the redundant systems of the Sabre.  Not even in the same class.

That being said, this is a great looking little fighter, cockpit view is excellent, and if you like the looks of the Sabre I'm not sure how you could resist getting this...I sure couldn't.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Yup. Goodbye Mustang Delta hello CCU if I can.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Let’s see, the Carrack has 5 guys working on it and has grown 40m or so to 163m long.

The Idris-P holders are getting a special purchase option for a different weapon set starting in the next few days. Adds anti fighter and missile turrets, plus replacing the M railgun slot with a freaking infinite ammo (charge time) BEAM cannon. Yup beam weapons are working.

Aopoa has a new ship for the alien manufacturers. Might be a heavy fighter. San’tok.Yai looks like a Hornet meets a Xi’an scout almost, just way more sleek and streamlined. streamlined.

IMO it’s all the SQ42 assets as they get finished.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Let’s see, the Carrack has 5 guys working on it and has grown 40m or so to 163m long.
View Quote
I think they said they shrunk it back down to only +10m.

ETA: 11:10

Star Citizen: Anniversary 2948 - Anvil Aerospace
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think they said they shrunk it back down to only +10m.

ETA: 11:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGEwCHu8Wa8
View Quote
Oh ok, I hadn’t heard that. At least it’s less massive of an increase
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:28:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yup. Goodbye Mustang Delta hello CCU if I can.
View Quote
Available now. $10CCU. I'm thinking about it myself as the Delta is my only fighter ATM.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 2:24:26 AM EDT
[#33]
The Arrow doesn't fit inside the Hammerhead. I had hoped that it night but I just tried it and it just looked like I was trying to rape my Hammerhead.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:04:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Aopoa San’tok.yai Q&A

Medium fighter, not a heavy like I was expecting.

$195 Warbond

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:38:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, another $10 in, and I now have the ability to upgrade my Delta to an arrow. $134 short of concierge now, God help me

As an aside, how long does it usually take them to ship hard goods? I ordered a hat on November 15th, and so far, nothing regarding shipping whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#36]
CIG has historically been terrible for shipping.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
At one time they were drop shipping from the factory in China.  It’s always taken me weeks to get my physical goods like shirts, the hat, and the hoodie.

Is that still the case?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
At one time they were drop shipping from the factory in China.  It’s always taken me weeks to get my physical goods like shirts, the hat, and the hoodie.

Is that still the case?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that still the case?
Well, it's been 2 weeks already and I haven't even got a ship notification. The only thing I have is an entry on my billing and subscriptions page that shows fulfillment as 'done'.  Oh, and of course, the entry in my bank account that shows they were most rikki tik in taking my money.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well, another $10 in, and I now have the ability to upgrade my Delta to an arrow. $134 short of concierge now, God help me

As an aside, how long does it usually take them to ship hard goods? I ordered a hat on November 15th, and so far, nothing regarding shipping whatsoever.
View Quote
How much do you have to spend for Concierge?  Not that I'm ever likely to get close to that number...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How much do you have to spend for Concierge?  Not that I'm ever likely to get close to that number...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1000 all told. So digital and physical goods are all treated the same.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow, no wonder people were saying the Prospector was how to make money. One cargo load of 60% titanium ore was 6k in 5-10 minutes.  Shame there’s no way to offload it to another ship yet.  Fill up a Cat with ore and make bank.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Mine for Bexalite on the moon Arial. I had a $37k run selling it at the Admin building in Loreville.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Ok, right now the CCU from Hammerhead to Polaris is only $25.  I probably won't keep either once the game is life as either requires far too many crew for me to probably run.  Still, $25 to own a corvette sounds fun, and the loaner is still a HH if I want to play with it.

Should I buy it?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#45]
If you don't plan to keep either, don't spend the money.

If you think you might want a Polaris, might be worth getting the CCU and sitting on it.  I wouldn't apply it until you are sure.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#46]
CCU'd my P-72 to a Hull-B...been wanting one for years...now just need the Hull-D.

Finally loaded the game and took the 600i to Hurston...couldn't figure out where to land at the spaceport, I tried setting down in an open bay, then things got whacky.  Woke up in a bed there, though, so mission accomplished, busted out a Cyclone and drove around a bit.  Mostly just played around with keybindings, though, I've got 95 buttons (not even counting hotas) worth of nifty peripherals to configure, so going to start mapping things out.

ETA:  Also upgraded my 100i to an 85X.  I have the 100i pack, and I figure the 125i can do everything the 100i can, so I paid the $5 to have a little 2-seater in case someone needs a ride.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:18:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Just to remind everyone. If any of your ships currently have 6 months insurance, melt them then buy them back with the credits from the Anniversary page for a upgrade to 72 month insurance. Must be done before the sale ends.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm considering getting into this game.  I need to build a computer that can handle it first, but I figured I would sign up.  Is there a specific ARFCOM code to enter for the referral bonus to best help out, or is it just helping out a particular person?  Don't want to waste the referral if I can help out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm considering getting into this game.  I need to build a computer that can handle it first, but I figured I would sign up.  Is there a specific ARFCOM code to enter for the referral bonus to best help out, or is it just helping out a particular person?  Don't want to waste the referral if I can help out.
View Quote
Referrals are all at the individual level, nothing Org-related.

Fell free to use mine: STAR-NZWS-P5FX

I know a few members have posted theirs throughout this thread.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just so you know I am running a slightly older (2-3 generations back) setup and it runs fine so far.

Specs:
32MB 3200MHz memory
nVidia GTX-970
Intel 6th gen, I7-6700
480MB m.2 NVMe ssd boot drive (Star Citizen lives here too)
1TB mechanical HDD

You don't have to go crazy on all high end components to get into this game. That said, I will be updating to much higher end stuff before launch but that is far enough away that 2+ generations of hardware will have come along.
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top